Jump to content


Help with FCM


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

105leFH19b2 #1 Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 301 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016
Any quick tips you guys can give me on playing this tank

ProdigyWiz #2 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2084 battles
  • 418
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    11-23-2016

It's a bigger indien panzer, with less armor. Have fun by ramming the hell out of tanks.

-Accurate

-No Armored

-Piece

-of

-Poo

-However agile af

 

Makes poor credits for a T8 premium.


Damage Record Holder for: SHINOB

christian1470 #3 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29545 battles
  • 3,139
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

                                                                                                                                                                        ^

                                                                                                                                                                        |

                                                                                                                                                                 Search Bar



__Serial_Killer__ #4 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:12 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14024 battles
  • 560
  • [_PREM]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2014
Si tu ne parle pas français comment veut-tu gérer ce genre de véhicule? Vend le caliss!

DirtFriend #5 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4063 battles
  • 448
  • [ANVIL]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2016

It has a decent gun and great maneuverability for it's size, so use that to your advantage, always be on the move and try to angle that front plate, it's good at peaking out of cover but watch out for your butt because it's longer then whatever cover you have.


Go to http://forum.wotblit.../#entry1002347 for clan info

expert at never using the stug as a sniper.

proud owner of the BT-7 Artillery, Pz. B2, glacial 112, FCM 50 t, AMX CDC, and IS 2.


VonMiller58 #6 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

    Chicken Farmer

  • Players
  • 17353 battles
  • 2,786
  • [JFGF]
  • Member since:
    04-17-2016

View PostProdigyWiz, on 16 March 2017 - 03:07 AM, said:

It's a bigger indien panzer, with less armor. Have fun by ramming the hell out of tanks.

-Accurate

-No Armored

-Piece

-of

-Poo

-However agile af

 

Makes poor credits for a T8 premium.

 

I agree with 1-6 but not 7...it makes some credits cause not much prammo needed....but it is still a stinker

 o...:...:I:...:...o

     ..58..58..


___ez_e___ #7 Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44354 battles
  • 1,201
  • [SF]
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

The FCM is currently my favorite tank to grind credits, because it's a very challenging tank. It's my most challenging tier 8 tank, but that's why I love it.

I've carried in the FCM, however I don't consider it a carry tank as it's a support tank. It's a difficult tank to have consistent games in battle after battle. You'll have games where the armor will get pounded and due to the size you can't seem to avoid enemy fire.

Play into the strength of the tank, which are spotting, sniping, and peek a boo all the while relocated when necessary.

If you are facing heavies and side scraping with FCM, then you are playing into the strength of heavy and weakness of FCM. Don't do it. Relocate and find a more viable target or act as support.

The FCM can side scrape and bounce shots, but that's not a strength so don't rely on it and really only use it when you must.

When you peek a boo always pay attention to enemy firing cadence and try to time your shot in between. Also I tend to fire as I'm returning for cover at the tail end of the peek a boo. So you are not lingering at all when you peek out and as you are moving back into cover fire at enemy. It's a fluid out and in with no pause (i.e. Don't pause to aim, aim while moving). This makes it harder for enemy to hit you since you are constantly moving and you are more likely to bounce enemy shots.

Many FCM players will initially sniper from a distance at the beginning of the battle and the move in as the battle gets going. One reason for sniping at the beginning is that enemy players recognize the FCM armor and will all target you if you are on front line.

The key thing is to always have the accurate gun of the FCM singing.

Me, I play the FCM aggressively and I will rarely ever snipe from a distance at the beginning of battle. Most times I'm playing peek a boo and relocating.

 

Also remember FCM is a great spotter when used properly.    I can't tell you how many times I've had low 1000 damage in a tier 9 battle, but I was the top performer as I did ALL the spotting for the team.   


Edited by ___ez_e___, 16 March 2017 - 04:04 PM.


minitel_NA #8 Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 360 battles
  • 945
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Post___ez_e___, on 16 March 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

The FCM is currently my favorite tank to grind credits, because it's a very challenging tank. It's my most challenging tier 8 tank, but that's why I love it.

I've carried in the FCM, however I don't consider it a carry tank as it's a support tank. It's a difficult tank to have consistent games in battle after battle. You'll have games where the armor will get pounded and due to the size you can't seem to avoid enemy fire.

Play into the strength of the tank, which are spotting, sniping, and peek a boo all the while relocated when necessary.

If you are facing heavies and side scraping with FCM, then you are playing into the strength of heavy and weakness of FCM. Don't do it. Relocate and find a more viable target or act as support.

The FCM can side scrape and bounce shots, but that's not a strength so don't rely on it and really only use it when you must.

When you peek a boo always pay attention to enemy firing cadence and try to time your shot in between. Also I tend to fire as I'm returning for cover at the tail end of the peek a boo. So you are not lingering at all when you peek out and as you are moving back into cover fire at enemy. It's a fluid out and in with no pause (i.e. Don't pause to aim, aim while moving). This makes it harder for enemy to hit you since you are constantly moving and you are more likely to bounce enemy shots.

Many FCM players will initially sniper from a distance at the beginning of the battle and the move in as the battle gets going. One reason for sniping at the beginning is that enemy players recognize the FCM armor and will all target you if you are on front line.

The key thing is to always have the accurate gun of the FCM singing.

Me, I play the FCM aggressively and I will rarely ever snipe from a distance at the beginning of battle. Most times I'm playing peek a boo and relocating.

 

Also remember FCM is a great spotter when used properly.    I can't tell you how many times I've had low 1000 damage in a tier 9 battle, but I was the top performer as I did ALL the spotting for the team.   

 

agree with most of the good advices.

 

however most people will die from exposing themselves too early. The tank has acceptable viewrange, but the worst camo. Anyone will see you before you see them, if you are not careful and behind cover. This is the main difficulty of this tank, as long as the red team is unspotted, you might receive multispank if you are not careful enough, and you won't even know from where.

 

thats why staying far making damage is a good idea for most. Better than dying at minute 1:00

 

this said the armor has become tier7 medium average level, which works against... Tier7 mediums. It can relocate often, so use that as well. I use Vstabs and GLD because, well I need to hit things. With the rammer its full. As much as I would like optics or something, I can't. 

 

Its quite a demanding tank to play , but it's never boring.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Njourour #9 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Moderator

  • Administrator
  • 799 battles
  • 76
  • Member since:
    12-01-2015

View Post__Serial_Killer__, on 16 March 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

Si tu ne parle pas français comment veut-tu gérer ce genre de véhicule? Vend lecaliss!

 

​English only.  o7

        photo-236830-556d98fd.gif?_r=1433245952  wot30.png       photo-236830-556d98fd.gif?_r=1433245952

                                                      Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories .

                                                          Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, 

                          signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed ✌.


__Serial_Killer__ #10 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14024 battles
  • 560
  • [_PREM]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2014

View PostNjourour, on 16 March 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

 

​English only.  o7

 

Yessir my bad...

Vladimir_Kroatchev #11 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

  • Players
  • 14348 battles
  • 505
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    09-21-2014
O mai :3 you need to be at a noob level to master it 17 times like I always do hehehe....

"If they attack, we will defend. If they do not attack until winter comes, then we will and will tear them to shreds!"-Georgy Zukhov

❤️MAHOU Clan Deputy❤️

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Obj 140, Obj 268, Grille 15, Leopard 1Upcoming Tier X: E 100, AMX 50 B, Obj 263

 

 


minitel_NA #12 Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 360 battles
  • 945
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostNjourour, on 16 March 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

 

​English only.  o7

 

can't take a good joke :/

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Bronyman50 #13 Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

    Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

  • Players
  • 20095 battles
  • 2,989
  • [FLEET]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postminitel_NA, on 16 March 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

 

can't take a good joke :/

 

he's doing his job, which is enforcing a rule. 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

There are Two Types of People in the World. Regular People and Me. 

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

 


minitel_NA #14 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 360 battles
  • 945
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostBronyman50, on 16 March 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

he's doing his job, which is enforcing a rule. 

 

I Know, I see no problem There. 

I was underlining that it was a simple joke. Also I have seen plenty of one line post written at least 80% Spanish, usually for second degree irony sarcasm or quotes. I think it's ok once in a while.


Edited by minitel_NA, 16 March 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


0Xx_Panzer_xX0 #15 Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15912 battles
  • 202
  • [0X2]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
I'm not any good at this game, I do ok in certain tanks, I got the FMC at blitz fair from a crate, in over 14000 battles never got a raisin. Use that gun at a distance whenever possible. The mobility to relocate and that great accuracy. My one and only raisin I owe to the fmc's gun and mobility. Use those to things to the advantage of your play style would be my noobish advice.

3castle_ #16 Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

    Russian accuracy

  • Players
  • 13547 battles
  • 839
  • [-DD-]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

fcm is just hard to play, but i kind of knew how things work cuz i had it on pc

(im a owner of original fcm, meaning i bought when it was first introduced to blitz)


 

                                                      

                                                                            3castle official - Youtube

prem tanks : T2 light, Tetrarch, T7 car, Pz2j, BT-SV, T127, Pz.s35, M3 light, Valentine 2, Pz.B2, Pz 5/4, Excelsior, Matilda BP, Pz4 anko, Dicker max, SU100y, Kuro Mori Mine, Tog II*, T-34-85 victory, Strv 74A2, Fury, Rudy, T23E3 nomad, Dracula, Panther m/10, AT15a, SU122-44, Type 62, IS3D, KV5, Lowe, IS6, Type 59, T26E4. T34, FCM50t. 0-47

 


BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:23 PM

    World's Greatest No-Goodnik

  • Players
  • 16611 battles
  • 3,362
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Postminitel_NA, on 16 March 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

 

I Know, I see no problem There. 

I was underlining that it was a simple joke. Also I have seen plenty of one line post written at least 80% Spanish, usually for second degree irony sarcasm or quotes. I think it's ok once in a while.

 

Then keep doing it -- you will get warning points only once in a while - so all will be fine.

 

Peace-

Boris


 

 


boppinbobby #18 Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:18 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29634 battles
  • 709
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

I like it.

Ram everything!!!! don't ever run away coz you can't shoot over your rear and hit anything.

 

stay near tall  cover to hide your fat derrière.


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.
 


itsnotpersonal #19 Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

    Nothing to see here..move on. Pass the popcorn.

  • Players
  • 22836 battles
  • 1,415
  • [ASYLM]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Shoot....scoot......repeat.

Edited by itsnotpersonal, 18 March 2017 - 12:54 AM.

 

                     ASYLUM


105leFH19b2 #20 Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 301 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    11-25-2016
Thanks for all of the replies (some were way off topic) but I will take all of your advice and put it to good use, cheers lads 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users