9 replies to this topic

Full_Shane #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7297 battles
  • [MOMB]

Buff The AMX CDC, Please

"Mad World" skin for the AMX CDC, meme'd by Full_Shane

I think this has been pointed out before but I'm going to make this post to reiterate what's been said and give some of my own input.

The AMX CDC needs a buff. It cannot be that large, that slow turning corners, and be so prone to damage from anyone and everyone at every tier it plays. Too often I get teams with the usual lot: a set of players who cannot hold a line for the life of them, usually spearheaded by a set of heavies that can't angle or side-scrape and are oblivious to the map layout. So when the entirety of the team dies in the first 2-3 minutes and it's open season on the CDC and it gets slapped around but still ends up with top damage battle after battle (not exclusively from being yolo'd at in the last throes of life, either) you have to ask yourself: What's really wrong here? For one: teams. But WG isn't going to address that, and it's possibly a transient* issue anyway (I hope the kids get bored and put down their parent's tablets soon). So the only remaining issue is the effectiveness of the tank. WG, you need to give this tank the buff it needs to compete at such high tiers because right now it's just scraping by and is way too reliant on the team which, more often than not, cannot pull its weight.

An HP buff isn't going to cut it, either. It's too large, visible, and unmaneuverable. That's what needs to be addressed on this tank. The closest comparison I can make from experience is to the Toaster. The CDC is like an equivalent at tier 8 with an equally great gun, equally nonexistent armor (HE from tier 9 guns hurts, a lot), and it can't corner any better (CoDing in the toaster is 10/10 :trollface:). There was a honeymoon period right after getting the CDC where I managed to get a mastery and hold some consistent win-streaks but since the mm was ruined within a couple of days by an influx of players with 40% WR's** plaguing every single match, its performance took a hit. What followed was consistent losses, often with top damage (and the occasional ~2-hit instadeath when bottom tier).

TL;DR:

Comparatively, the tier 8 CDC has no business being any weaker than the tier 7 T6 Dracula, but it is, that's irrefutable. Don't nerf the Drac, just buff the CDC's camo, terrain resistance, traverse speed, or rework it and make the damn thing smaller (leave the gun as is). An HP buff will give it a negligible buff imo. It needs a boost to its performance, not endurance, but what it deserves (if it really is supposed to be a tier 8 version of the Drac) is a complete rework, with buffs across the board to distinguish it from its tier 7 counterpart.  It's too squishy to face tier 9's without dying in 2 hits, and to compound, the teams aren't any good recently.

A lil MM Tangent: Also, get this matchmaking fixed. There's no reason you cannot implement a system of dividing players based on skill: people want games that aren't landslides in one direction or another, so they need to have teammates and enemies at skill levels that are similar. At ~52% WR I shouldn't have to deal (yes, deal) with 40% WR players. I'm not looking for constant sweeping defeats punctuated by the occasional cake-walk, I'm looking for challenging games.  Address the current imbalance (in pubs, not just tourneys) in the matchmaking and bring it to par with other competitive shooters and MOBAs.

*I'm not betting on it, but hey, I've only seen three of these hellish events.
**Speculating here, but if WG wants my money in the future they'd better hope the 
mm doesn't remain the way it is.

If you've got any thoughts on the CDC's current state or where you want it to be, please share them. People put up with and spent/wasted good money on this last gambling event (the fact that we can't simply buy these tanks is egregious) and with the killing WG made, its customers deserve to have their money's worth. Help set a precedent, even if you don't own it. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Full_Shane, 19 March 2017 - 08:32 AM.

Repeal and Replace 3.8

If ya can't pen a Lupus, ya can't aim. Get some glasses or stay triggered.

KeenGear #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15495 battles

Too late to decide buy or not buy since the event finished.

Nice and funny picture... It fits well with the narrative.

Full_Shane #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7297 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostKeenGear, on 19 March 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Too late to decide buy or not buy since the event finished.

Nice and funny picture... It fits well with the narrative.

Thanks much, I'm glad ya liked it. :)

Repeal and Replace 3.8

If ya can't pen a Lupus, ya can't aim. Get some glasses or stay triggered.

Bondo26 #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35075 battles
  • [ULA]

I love mine despite too many early deaths.

Run, shoot, try and kill, run, run, run.

KempBushThe3rd #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12592 battles
Have you read what we have to say about the 500 other posts about skill based MM? If so, you would've known why it isn't a good idea.

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

40_Percent_Trash #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 27498 battles
  • [MSELF]

It only needs and HP buff, CDC is large in all the Platforms and sees tier ten.

The mobility buff would be ridiculous given the fact that it's fairly mobile already.

stmaarten1778 #7 Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1507 battles
  • [MOM5]
I got this in a fourm contest! But now I want to trade it out for something that can ACTUALLY BOUNCE A SHOT! 

Just your average noob 

Official winner of AMX CDC through fourm contest

Yuri is best girl

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #8 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

plz pm me

• Players
  • 22860 battles
  • [KATAR]

View Poststmaarten1778, on 17 April 2017 - 05:50 AM, said:

I got this in a fourm contest! But now I want to trade it out for something that can ACTUALLY BOUNCE A SHOT! 

Don't trade it

Learn to use it as a sniper which only brawls mediums when absolutely necessary, and easily brawls heavies one on one

Master this style, ignore stats.

Get Leopard 1, have great stats in it

I did this in reverse pattern, so I have great CDC win ratio and poor Leopard...but you have the opportunity to do it the other way around.

bottom line people:  don't sell the CDC (or do and post about being an edgelord - IDGAF but you're not helping yourself at all)

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

ignisgallo #9 Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12934 battles
  • [ABOMB]

I agree the drac should not be more powerful than the AMX CDC  about the only good thing I can see is the fact that it is a credit earning machine.

As far as match making is concerned I myself am so tired of being top damage consistently on a loosing team. My teams have been about one or two 50%ers with lowest being 38%er vs four over 50% and two of those being over 65%.   Yet I am stuck in the 45% range due to sketchy match making.  I am also tired of these people inflating their win rate by either tooning with people who have skill and carrying them or inflating their wr seal clubbing. 

Base matchmaking on the wr of the tanks people are using that way if someone has an overall 65% wr but their obj268 only has a 42.9% wr than the matchmaking should base it off off the 49% not the 65%

Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #10 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

plz pm me

• Players
  • 22860 battles
  • [KATAR]
You mean a year later and people are still REEing about this tank being slower than the Dracula instead of learning how to actually play it?

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users