Jump to content


Why not M1 Abrams?


  • Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

etword #21 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21608 battles
  • 142
  • [SKILL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

View Postetword, on 19 March 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

 

 I'm just curious and wondering they're bringing in all these fantasy tanks I mean who really made a glacial who really made a blaze I'm just asking that's all I hope I don't get a warning or a band for this I'm just wandering the AMX 30 B has been used in recent Wars past 1960 looking to new French line that came out with a lot of these tanks were developed after 1960

You also have to remember a lot of the World War II tanks could not fire on the move they had to be stationary yet on the game they can fire on the move so explain that one to me the only ones that can actually fire somewhat on the move was the M4 the t43 and leopard and then weren't really all that accurate when they did I'm just asking that's all they can weaken the armor a little bit to make it a little more game friendly they Nerf tanks all the time



Andrew2437_2014 #22 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12342 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
The amx30b isn't even in blitz. The leopard 1, the tank in the game RN is NOT USED ANYMORE in wars. Only the leopard 2 is. Is the m1 Abrams used RN? YES. Are other tanks in blitz used by countries rn.?... NOOOO.

Currently 66th best star 1 KV5 player in wotbstars.com

 


Andrew2437_2014 #23 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12342 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
This is just a game, Dracula is based off the CDC, the glacial is based off of the WZ 112. M1 Abrams will probably never come into blitz. Unless it's another m60 fiasco

Currently 66th best star 1 KV5 player in wotbstars.com

 


Bronyman50 #24 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

    Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

  • Players
  • 21567 battles
  • 3,317
  • [FLEET]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostAndrew2437_2014, on 19 March 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

The amx30b isn't even in blitz. The leopard 1, the tank in the game RN is NOT USED ANYMORE in wars. Only the leopard 2 is. Is the m1 Abrams used RN? YES. Are other tanks in blitz used by countries rn.?... NOOOO.

 

to be fair the STB is still used on Japan as the Type 74 but it's being phased out 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy


DagvaldRiddik #25 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 4806 battles
  • 73
  • [REJEX]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2016
Plenty of garbage third world countries still use variants of Shermans, T-34 series, IS, etc. 

tankcrunch #26 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 195 battles
  • 3,551
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postetword, on 19 March 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Okay then why are they bringing in the AMX 30b and the leopard it has been used past the year 1960 along with the AMX 30 B and who really made the Dracula or the tank and Stine or the Helsing come on

 

BECAUES ITS THEIR GAME. deal; with it.

tankcrunch #27 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 195 battles
  • 3,551
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostBronyman50, on 19 March 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

 

to be fair the STB is still used on Japan as the Type 74 but it's being phased out

 

this is true.

View PostDagvaldRiddik, on 19 March 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Plenty of garbage third world countries still use variants of Shermans, T-34 series, IS, etc.

 

this is true as well.

Edited by tankcrunch, 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM.


etword #28 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21608 battles
  • 142
  • [SKILL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

View PostAndrew2437_2014, on 19 March 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

This is just a game, Dracula is based off the CDC, the glacial is based off of the WZ 112. M1 Abrams will probably never come into blitz. Unless it's another m60 fiasco

Ok I was just wondering thank you for the feed back



etword #29 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21608 battles
  • 142
  • [SKILL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

View Posttankcrunch, on 19 March 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

 

BECAUES ITS THEIR GAME. deal; with it.

No need to be blunt and rude. I was just wondering. Thank you for you comments 



etword #30 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21608 battles
  • 142
  • [SKILL]
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

View PostAndrew2437_2014, on 19 March 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

The amx30b isn't even in blitz. The leopard 1, the tank in the game RN is NOT USED ANYMORE in wars. Only the leopard 2 is. Is the m1 Abrams used RN? YES. Are other tanks in blitz used by countries rn.?... NOOOO.

There is talk about the amx30b coming into this game that's why I was wondering about the M1 Abrams



tcamp48 #31 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

    Artista pazzo

  • Players
  • 37616 battles
  • 4,068
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostBronyman50, on 19 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

There's a difference between a 1960s tank and a 1980s tank there buddy 

 

This. There's a certain era cut-off.

 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii]

Premiums ~ M60  ~  T26E4 Super Pershing  ~  T34 (1776)  ~  IS-6  ~  IS-2Sh  ~  T-34-85 Rudy  ~  Tankenstein  ~  Kuro Mori Mine  ~  Excelsior  ~  Churchill III  ~  Ram II  ~  Pz. IV Hydrostat  ~  Pz IV Anko Sp ~ Hetzer Kame Sp ~ A-32  ~  Pz. B2  ~  T-127  ~  Ke-Ni Otsu

Proud owner of the AMX 50 B!


V1n2002 #32 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,210
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015
The XM1 Abram's only had like 400 mm of front armor...and it had a 105 mm just like the Leo 1 and the M48/M60. It would be easy to knock an Abram's around, and they could move around at 35 mph. I think an Abram's would be a a good tier 10 heavy, but it would need a slow rpm and high chance of engine fire....it would be hard to balance 
much yummy :popcorn:

jkwon126 #33 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18277 battles
  • 1,124
  • [HUCK]
  • Member since:
    05-12-2016
I don't know how I end up in this thread but clicking my heels is not working...
 

 

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch


V1n2002 #34 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,210
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015
Or we could add 10v10
much yummy :popcorn:

Negaclaw #35 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6824 battles
  • 671
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015
I think the fact that the OP is too lazy to actually type his posts should tell you something.

#4 Pz. III/IV player


sapperwes #36 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 8725 battles
  • 19
  • [RV-RT]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016
I wouldn't mind this but it would need to be like a teir 20 tank. If WG expanded past teir ten and started getting into modern tanks would that be bad?


I'm not really hung up on the ww2 feel but I do agree to keeping it to real tanks.





sapperwes #37 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 8725 battles
  • 19
  • [RV-RT]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016
I wouldn't mind this but it would need to be like a teir 20 tank. If WG expanded past teir ten and started getting into modern tanks would that be bad?


I'm not really hung up on the ww2 feel but I do agree to keeping it to real tanks.





Kikoscttkr #38 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4790 battles
  • 749
  • [75TH]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2015

Hilarious...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

 

WHY?

1.It's a Russian company.

2.It would show how far behind the Russians really are in modern tank tech...so see No.1

3.The actual specs as to how accurate the armor protection, lethality of armaments and their associated ammo of post 1975 armored fighting vehicles is classified.



minitel_NA #39 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 393 battles
  • 1,359
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postetword, on 19 March 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

I have to be careful how I word this so that I don't get a warning or get some sort of game glitch that I've heard other people have suffered with when they comment the wrong way so I hope I don't offend the gamemakers by saying what I'm about to say. They create all these fantasy tanks like the Dracula that Hellsing the tankenstein  the glacier. And they advertise that these are supposed to be World War II tanks and now they're bringing in the AMX 30 B which it is still in service today along with the leopard yet they will not bring in the American Tank M1 Abrams. Is it me or is it just biased almost every American Tank especially like the t71 it's so weak so vulnerable it's very humiliating to play these tanks where the Russian tanks are far more Superior then the American tanks on this game and now the French line seems to be more Superior .I'm just curious and wondering why this is is it because they don't want American tanks to be superior like the M1 Abrams where it has been proven in battle the AMX 30b was used in the Gulf War along with the leopard they have been used in recent battles past World War II. They advertised this game as a World War II setting of Tanks yet they're bringing all these fantasy tanks and tanks that are still in service like I said earlier I'm just curious and wondering why this is I hope they don't give me a warning for this like they did last time I'm just hoping they don't punish me for saying this because this is a land of freedom speech can someone please clarify this for me it will be well appreciated
  1. Learn punctuation.
  2. It might not be the case today anymore, but Russian tanks were more successful than any counterparts. The modern tank is based on the meta that the T34 imposed. The equivalent M4 produced no descent. Isn't that something to be proud of ? Most tank ever produced. Winner of WW2 and defender of the mother land. 
  3. Have you been watching non American movies lately ? Tip : Americans don't win in the end. Which makes that...
 why 99.99% of American movies, American wins in the end ? russian is the same.
  4. overall I do think there is a bias in the game. It has to do with most players being Russian, and one nation needs to be "easy to play by noobs". In that look, you might consider Russian tanks as "tanks for introduction to blitz" and the US tanks as "tanks for experts." When they came, German lights were immensely OP.  Eventually every  line gets buffed and nerfed once in a while. 
  5. the Russian server is immense. The NA server is small. Consider which tanks should be easy to play ?
  6. WW2 period is considered the classic of battle tanks. You could say WW1 is prehistoric, as no tank was designed to face another tank, and post Cold War is post -modern, as tanks don't face each other anymore, they either annihilate each other miles and miles away, before even seeing each other, by computers interface,  or by drones or missiles or assymetrical warfare thingies.
  7. there are plenty of games in the AppStore with Abrams tanks in there. Are they good game ? No. I don't care what tanks are in there or even if it is mushrooms. This game is fun. This game is hard. I want to become good,  I don't care which tank I drive, I want to learn driving it and improving on that tank. Eventually I like each tank and I want them one by one. 
  8. I forgot what.
  9. for all these reasons, the big brawls in their classical definitions and epic ways have to remain pre electronics area. Which some player and WG itself defines as WW2 and which in fact starts in the 30s and stops at tanks conceived for the Cold War.
  10. WG decided to add fantasy tanks to blitz and keep the PC game pure. They decided that fantasy is fine, as long as it doesn't break the paradigm of full face to face brawl, in the classic way of tank to tank battle. But aren't most tanks presented some fantasy of sorts ? Maus was a fantasy tank, and even if they built part of it. It was impractical and useless and they didn't stand a chance of making them. About the prototype tanks, the blue print tanks or the full creation tanks like the Japanese heavies. Well fantasy. Even tanks who were built and equipped but never saw war action. Sent that some fantasy ?
  11. but isn't the entire game an arcade fantasy ? Aren't you sitting on your coach or on the toilets or are you sitting in the hull of a M48 right now maybe, sleep deprived for weeks  ?

 

I hope I replied to all your concerns. Especially why no Abrams.


Edited by minitel_NA, 19 March 2017 - 09:59 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


tankcrunch #40 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 195 battles
  • 3,551
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View Postminitel_NA, on 19 March 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

  1. Learn punctuation.
  2. It might not be the case today anymore, but Russian tanks were more successful than any counterparts. The modern tank is based on the meta that the T34 imposed. The equivalent M4 produced no descent. Isn't that something to be proud of ? Most tank ever produced. Winner of WW2 and defender of the mother land.
  3. Have you been watching non American movies lately ? Tip : Americans don't win in the end. Which makes that...
 why 99.99% of American movies, American wins in the end ? russian is the same.
  4. overall I do think there is a bias in the game. It has to do with most players being Russian, and one nation needs to be "easy to play by noobs". In that look, you might consider Russian tanks as "tanks for introduction to blitz" and the US tanks as "tanks for experts." When they came, German lights were immensely OP.  Eventually every  line gets buffed and nerfed once in a while.
  5. the Russian server is immense. The NA server is small. Consider which tanks should be easy to play ?
  6. WW2 period is considered the classic of battle tanks. You could say WW1 is prehistoric, as no tank was designed to face another tank, and post Cold War is post -modern, as tanks don't face each other anymore, they either annihilate each other miles and miles away, before even seeing each other, by computers interface,  or by drones or missiles or assymetrical warfare thingies.
  7. there are plenty of games in the AppStore with Abrams tanks in there. Are they good game ? No. I don't care what tanks are in there or even if it is mushrooms. This game is fun. This game is hard. I want to become good,  I don't care which tank I drive, I want to learn driving it and improving on that tank. Eventually I like each tank and I want them one by one.
  8. I forgot what.
  9. for all these reasons, the big brawls in their classical definitions and epic ways have to remain pre electronics area. Which some player and WG itself defines as WW2 and which in fact starts in the 30s and stops at tanks conceived for the Cold War.
  10. WG decided to add fantasy tanks to blitz and keep the PC game pure. They decided that fantasy is fine, as long as it doesn't break the paradigm of full face to face brawl, in the classic way of tank to tank battle. But aren't most tanks presented some fantasy of sorts ? Maus was a fantasy tank, and even if they built part of it. It was impractical and useless and they didn't stand a chance of making them. About the prototype tanks, the blue print tanks or the full creation tanks like the Japanese heavies. Well fantasy. Even tanks who were built and equipped but never saw war action. Sent that some fantasy ?
  11. but isn't the entire game an arcade fantasy ? Aren't you sitting on your coach or on the toilets or are you sitting in the hull of a M48 right now maybe, sleep deprived for weeks  ?

 

I hope I replied to all your concerns. Especially why no Abrams.

 

this.+1

Edited by tankcrunch, 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users