mm potatoes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4135 battles
  • [COD-R]

I just don't have the skill to lug myself through the rain of potatoes currently flooding the battlefields of Blitz. Will turning off same-device mode allow me to play with more competent teammates? My reasoning is this: generally, people who play only on PC have higher-end gaming desktops. Why? Well, aiming using a mouse is another world compared to a touchscreen. Therefore, they need to have experience in other FPS games, and these games require a higher-end machine to play. But these PCs aren't cheap. You need to be able to pay for them, either by having a job if you're an adult or by working your butt off if you're a child. 90% of these people will be mature and will definitely dedicate themselves to improving. However, take a look at the average person. Let's face it: in 2017, who doesn't have a phone or tablet? Only 42% of these people are dedicated gamers, which means that a lot of people who play Blitz solely on their phone treat it as "just another phone app". 

Sorry about that excessively long explanation.

The reason why I don't allow MM to pair me with PC players when I'm playing on my phone is because I feel that KB/M offers quite a bit of an advantage. So, uhh, based on your experiences, does MM pair you with better teams with same-device mode off?

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result past the pictures. I'm legit on Google. This is insane.

Chariot_Solace #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]
Both platforms have their advantages. I believe KBM players might have an advantage sniping but mobile players have advantages brawling. You could just give it a shot and see what happens. Why not? I know plenty of players that don't mind cross platform play. There are bad teams everywhere though. I've had an unusually large number of multi thousand damage losses lately. The best way to combat these poor teams is platooning I've found.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

rajkumarukku #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

My way highway. Don't come.

• Players
  • 41859 battles
  • [STR8]

If can't have a big difference between kbm and touch.

Aiming and auto aim  is better on touch screen.

Shooting and graphics are better on kbm.

Moreover there are more noobs playing this game In PC.

cheasesteak #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14215 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 20 March 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Both platforms have their advantages. I believe KBM players might have an advantage sniping but mobile players have advantages brawling. You could just give it a shot and see what happens. Why not? I know plenty of players that don't mind cross platform play. There are bad teams everywhere though. I've had an unusually large number of multi thousand damage losses lately. The best way to combat these poor teams is platooning I've found.

KBM autoaim is better for brawling.  There is a very nice video out there (don't remember who made it) that uses both KBM and touch autoaim while circling.  This was a balanced training room test.  KBM won hands down.  Also, KBM is much better for aiming and shooting on the move.  With touch, it can be difficult to manage aiming, pressing fire and driving at the same time.  Mouse makes aiming and firing while driving easy. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

and

​Filthy Gold Spamming Seal Clubber

​#rollingblue - https://ferdsquad.co...05/rollingblue/

Chariot_Solace #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View Postcheasesteak, on 20 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

KBM autoaim is better for brawling.  There is a very nice video out there (don't remember who made it) that uses both KBM and touch autoaim while circling.  This was a balanced training room test.  KBM won hands down.  Also, KBM is much better for aiming and shooting on the move.  With touch, it can be difficult to manage aiming, pressing fire and driving at the same time.  Mouse makes aiming and firing while driving easy. 

Sigh. This debate is getting so old. Most everyone just thinks that the opposite platform that they use is advantageous. I've seen the video you speak of, but it was completely one dimensional. Like when would you ever sit completely stationary for minutes, turning only your turret while a medium tank circled you. Never. That's when. You will be moving quite a bit to get favorable angles for yourself. 

Mobile platform aiming system snaps to targets, and lets you lock onto weak spots. I would LOVE that. PC auto aim only locks to center mass, which more often than not is heavily armored, and it is completely useless if they are utilizing any kind of cover. It will make you hit the obstacle every time. It is also a pain in the [edited] to engage. I can't tell you how many times I've looked right a moving tank and hit right click, and nothing. Click, nothing, [edited]. Click, nothing, [edited]. Click, nothing, [edited]. Very frustrating. And shooting on the move? Bro. You have no idea. It only let's me do that about 50% of the time, and if not, it is usually in brawling situations when I need it the most. So then I have to stop to be able to get a shot off. With mobile, you just keep driving, aim in the general vacinity, and you can fire or lock on and keep driving as crazy as you like. 

Another situation it sucks. You're in a heavy and a med comes sweeping towards you trying to get behind you. You shoot him if you have time and engage auto aim (if it cooperates). It did work that time. Yay! But now you have no control of your turret until you disengage it, or the target is destroyed. It will follow him at it's slow heavy tank pace, no matter what. So that means you can't change direction to try to get your gun on him. And you frequently have to change direction to counter-COD or they will win every time.

See what I mean?

The grass always seems greener doesn't it?

They both have their advantages. I've heard that mobile won't let you zoom in unless a target is visible. That sounds annoying. I have yet to see a video that shows the strengths AND weaknesses of BOTH platforms. I would really like to though. WG needs to rework both systems to make them more similar. It is the only sensible thing to do.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

cheasesteak #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14215 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 20 March 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

See what I mean?

The grass always seems greener doesn't it?

They both have their advantages. I've heard that mobile won't let you zoom in unless a target is visible. That sounds annoying. I have yet to see a video that shows the strengths AND weaknesses of BOTH platforms. I would really like to though. WG needs to rework both systems to make them more similar. It is the only sensible thing to do.

Played both.  KBM is easier.  I play touch with same control mode on, so it isn't an issue for me.  No pissing contest on "my mode is harder" at all.  I really don't care, because I don't play with KBM players.

I'd play KBM, but to be honest, blitz isn't all that good compared to other PC games.  If I am at the PC and in the mood for a game, blitz doesn't rate. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

and

​Filthy Gold Spamming Seal Clubber

​#rollingblue - https://ferdsquad.co...05/rollingblue/

Leadf00t #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

The KBM queue has plenty of noobs in it.  TBH the level of play seems about the same.

Personally, as a KBM player, I much prefer the shorter wait times of the combined queue.

Edited by Leadf00t, 20 March 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Chariot_Solace #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View Postcheasesteak, on 20 March 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Played both.  KBM is easier.  I play touch with same control mode on, so it isn't an issue for me.  No pissing contest on "my mode is harder" at all.  I really don't care, because I don't play with KBM players.

I'd play KBM, but to be honest, blitz isn't all that good compared to other PC games.  If I am at the PC and in the mood for a game, blitz doesn't rate. 

That's cool. You also have to consider what kind of devices they are too. Ipad > Iphone,,,, Tower with monitor > laptop,,,, laptop with mouse > laptop with touchpad,,,, etc. I've talked to a few other players that have played both and they said they both have their advantages. 

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

Leadf00t #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

I've played both, and they're right.

And FWIW, I play on a Macbook Pro with a 21" Thunderbolt display and a cheap Logitech two button mouse.

I've also played on a Macbook with its integrated display (what I played almost all of 2016 on from Singapore)....and an iPad and an iPhone as well.

I found the iPhone way too small, but the iPad quite workable.  The challenge, of course, is my thumbs aren't educated and are much more suited to playing on KBM where all they have to do is mash the spacebar or hold the mouse.

Edited by Leadf00t, 20 March 2017 - 02:20 PM.

Chariot_Solace #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View PostLeadf00t, on 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

I've played both, and they're right.

And FWIW, I play on a Macbook Pro with a 21" Thunderbolt display and a cheap Logitech two button mouse.

That sounds terrific. I play on a cheap crappy laptop with an 11.6" screen and an integrated touchpad, no mouse lol

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

Leadf00t #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

Touchpad really sucks for KBM interface, or at least it did on my Mac.  Have you tried an external USB mouse?  The one I use was like $20, if memory serves, and the improvement was instantaneous.

You might check it out, Chariot.

Edited by Leadf00t, 20 March 2017 - 02:23 PM.

Chariot_Solace #12 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View PostLeadf00t, on 20 March 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Touchpad really sucks for KBM interface, or at least it did on my Mac.  Have you tried an external USB mouse?  The one I use was like $20, if memory serves, and the improvement was instantaneous.

You might check it out, Chariot.

Trust me, as soon as I can, I will be upgrading my crappy setup. USB mouse. A device with bigger screen, and a RAM and processor that are worth a [edited]. And some much needed high speed internet. If I don't watch what times I play Blitz with this setup, my spawn lag can last up to NINETY SECONDS. 90! Set that record the other day.

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

Leadf00t #13 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]
That's terrible!

Chariot_Solace #14 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View PostLeadf00t, on 20 March 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

That's terrible!

I know man Its unbearable!. If I avoid prime internet hours though, it usually minimizes it, and I can still pull of games like this. Had this one yesterday. Not bad for my crappy setup right?  It's the first time I ever hit 5k in a match besides tiers 9 and 10.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot about my Borsig games lol

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 22 March 2017 - 11:45 AM.

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

Leadf00t #15 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

Well, not so crappy after all.

Can I borrow your laptop?

:)

Coffin_Driver #16 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29283 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 20 March 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

That sounds terrific. I play on a cheap crappy laptop with an 11.6" screen and an integrated touchpad, no mouse lol

​ya go to wall mart and get a mouse! 10 bucks makes all the difference

Chariot_Solace #17 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

Captain German Bias

• Players
  • 10956 battles
  • [SK1LL]

View PostLeadf00t, on 21 March 2017 - 04:11 AM, said:

Well, not so crappy after all.

Can I borrow your laptop?

:)

XD

View PostCoffin_Driver, on 21 March 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

​ya go to wall mart and get a mouse! 10 bucks makes all the difference

Soon. Very soon.

-Alexander The Great

Spoiler

Also tagged with mm, potatoes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users