• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Leadf00t #41 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8520 battles
  • [STR8R]

Now, back to the topic at hand....

While I realize the satirical nature of the OP, the logic it introduces also suggests that boosters should be banned from competitive gameplay.

That slope is a slippery one.

It seems to me the only logical choice here is to either (a) allow anything that's attainable in game to be legal in competition, or (b) completely even the playing field such that there's no advantage to be gained.

Any choice other than those two loses grip on the same slippery slope.

I vote A, personally, but I can understand those who would argue for B or somewhere along the slope between the two absolutes.

Idealistically yours...Leadfoot

Edited by Leadf00t, 20 March 2017 - 06:21 PM.

ufddd #42 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5567 battles
  • [PIGS]

View Post_JenniferAniston, on 20 March 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

I actually don't like the Bromwell and love the Cromwell.... for whatever reason I can't hit sh*t in the Bromwell. Every single shot is wild compared to the crom. This is snap shorting.... fully aimed... sure whatever, but every snap shot is in the dirt. 

View PostProdigyWiz, on 20 March 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

I prefer the Cromwell over the berlin. Bromwell has the worst gun bloom, accuracy, and dispersion. Idk what it is, the cromwell gets more shots in.

Phew, it's not just me. The gun handling on the standard Cromwell is far superior I feel. Also maxed out it has a faster traverse. The Bromwell is fun but it definitely isn't OP, especially when it's getting derped in the face by a KV2. 

Gavidoc01 #43 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 27910 battles
  • [III]
I'd say ban all premium tanks from competitive play. While you can't take all advantages away from the paying players, eliminating premium tanks does help.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

michaeltsoon #44 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 21870 battles
  • [STR8]

Well, you see in the Premier League some teams are good, and others are bad. While fan support/manager competency can affect their results every season so called "star players" decide some matches (and thus decide the season) by putting in a goal-saving tackle or scoring an improbable injury-time winner.

Anyway, before we get too off topic here, do the relegation-threatened teams complain that championship contenders have an unfair advantage because they recently acquired a £50 million striker that averages 20 goals per season while they're stuck with some random kid straight from their youth academy that regularly misses an open net? They don't. They suck it up and deal with it because they knew that they had the chance to try and persuade/buy the player in the previous transfer window but they didn't due to a multitude of reasons.

Now what I'm trying to tell u ppl here is that u should stop whining. Yes, the Bromwell is a premium, yes it costs money, but you had the chance to buy it before. If you didn't, too bad! WG ain't gonna ban them from competitive tournies, just like how the English Football Association isn't going to ban Diego Costa playing for Chelsea just because bottom-placed Sunderland complained that he torn them apart and they had no player at his level.

Tl,Dr: Life isn't fair. Deal with it

Edited by michaeltsoon, 21 March 2017 - 01:53 AM.

Leader of [PZ3]. Please PM if you would like details on our clan

Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

I'd put my tank rankings here, but I won't since video game stats hold no value in real life. Therefore, I'll use a witty quote to fill this space instead:            "War does not determine who is right, only who is left"  -Bertrand Russell 

_stealy #45 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 41165 battles
  • [FLOOP]

For people that took this post seriously... lol

_Brianna141 #46 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

BananaBriannaBrian141

• Players
  • 18562 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostPURPLE_ROCK, on 21 March 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Lol I knew it from the beginning cuz senpai don't cry about op tanks, only rerolls that are not curved do :P

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #47 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 45176 battles
  • [RNSF]

View PostPURPLE_ROCK, on 20 March 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

Satire can still promote discourse. Unless all you wanted was upvotes and "lol" replies, I fail to see an issue.

ZIoydd, on 16 November 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

Fixed.

Narrator, on 16 November 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

​ The problem had not been fixed.

_stealy #48 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 41165 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostTengenToppaPotatoLagann, on 21 March 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Satire can still promote discourse. Unless all you wanted was upvotes and "lol" replies, I fail to see an issue.

Did I mention there's an issue? Hmm......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users