Jump to content


Don't be fooled ARL 44 is trash


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

LIGHTS___OUT #21 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20976 battles
  • 252
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

View Post_War_Child_, on 20 March 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

Thank you.


SIDE NOTE: At the end of that battle, it was just me versus the Tier 7 platoon.   I had 60% health whereas the BP had 1/3 health and the Tiger P had full health.  While I'm running away/repositioning (so I don't have to take 2 tanks on at once), the IS on our team who died with 0 damage is messaging me "what a coward" "stand and fight" "you suck" etc.  In order to survive, I had to track the Tiger P 3 times and back up around the corner so he couldn't 2-shot me. It was extremely hard to do while getting "suggestions" from my dead teammate.

 

I really find this hard to believe _War_Child_.   I have read so many posts on this forum stating chat is only used to "help" the surviving tanks. 


That is why WG decided to disable chat. They received so many ticket of people getting "help" from dead tankers.  SMH. 
/rant_over

 

Anyway, great game, and an incredible amount of damage at Tier 6.  I even looked up the damage record, because I figured you had to be close. 

Well played. 


                                                 

.                                                                                                                  #TeamBrisket

                                SPUD - KING OF DERP 2017 - Delivering justice to all with Stalin's Fist

                                                                         

        


boppinbobby #22 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28713 battles
  • 685
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View PostLIGHTS___OUT, on 20 March 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

 

I really find this hard to believe _War_Child_.   I have read so many posts on this forum stating chat is only used to "help" the surviving tanks.


That is why WG decided to disable chat. They received so many ticket of people getting "help" from dead tankers.  SMH. 
/rant_over

 

Anyway, great game, and an incredible amount of damage at Tier 6.  I even looked up the damage record, because I figured you had to be close.

Well played.

 

With all the comments it must be hard for a person who would benefit from "coaching" to know what was good advice and what is bad advice. I also find that they don't even have the time/inclination to look at the chat as they are too busy getting killed whilst being in a panicked state. (been there done that)

Sure it's frustrating that you can't warn anyone of their impending doom ( but in reality if you're dead you can't talk anyhoo) but if they are that map unaware then it's their fault.

+1

And I am loving the French line so much more than the T57 line to a point I have caught up the grind no and I'm both at Tier 7.


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.
 


Wboys #23 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26072 battles
  • 1,336
  • [VRXT2]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

What's next, the KV 2 needs a buff?

 

The ARL 44 is pretty OP. It feels like a tier 6.5 when driving it. I averaged over 1,700 damage in it over 100 battles which blows almost every other tier 6 I've owned out of the water stat wise. The only valid complaint I can think of is the turret is squishy, but it's pretty small and the tank doesn't rely on hull down anyway.

 

It has decent speed, decent armor, two TD level guns, good HP, and a good shape for angling. What's not to like?


Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

 


Ebatrionaty #24 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10259 battles
  • 12
  • [LGEND]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2014
The ARL 44 is an amazing tank for its tier at the moment. The fact that you can't perform well in it could be due to your playstyle. Designating the ARL 44 like a true heavy is in some way similar designating a Matilda as a true medium. Support, flank, angle and sidescrape like there's no tomorrow. 

                                 [My Loves: SP1C, LTTB, KV-2]


mroth2130 #25 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28172 battles
  • 299
  • [TIGRZ]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

View PostWboys, on 20 March 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

What's next, the KV 2 needs a buff?

 

The ARL 44 is pretty OP. It feels like a tier 6.5 when driving it. I averaged over 1,700 damage in it over 100 battles which blows almost every other tier 6 I've owned out of the water stat wise. The only valid complaint I can think of is the turret is squishy, but it's pretty small and the tank doesn't rely on hull down anyway.

 

It has decent speed, decent armor, two TD level guns, good HP, and a good shape for angling. What's not to like?

 

View PostEbatrionaty, on 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

The ARL 44 is an amazing tank for its tier at the moment. The fact that you can't perform well in it could be due to your playstyle. Designating the ARL 44 like a true heavy is in some way similar designating a Matilda as a true medium. Support, flank, angle and sidescrape like there's no tomorrow. 

I have found no redeeming quality in this tank. I truly feel like it is one of the biggest piles of trash I have ever attempted to not suck in. Every single battle is a struggle to get teams to support so I can do even 1000 damage. The average battle last about 2:30 in this tank. 

 

i just think I needed to let the others know that all the love people are giving this pos I have not seen nor experienced.  Not 1 game in 30 has been a fun.  



tcamp48 #26 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31810 battles
  • 3,560
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Must be one of those love it or hate it tanks. I really thought everyone would dig on it as much as I have, but I guess there are always tanks that fit like a glove and others that just don't seem right, though you can't put your finger on it, what the reason is. 

 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii]

Premiums ~ M60  ~  T34 (1776)  ~  T-34-85 Rudy  ~  Tankenstein  ~  T6 Dracula  ~ T-34-85 Victory  ~  Kuro Mori Mine  ~  Excelsior  ~  Churchill III  ~ Ram II ~ T14  ~  Pz. IV Hydrostat  ~  T-25  ~  A-32  ~  Pz. B2  ~  T-127  ~  Ke-Ni Otsu CURRENT GRIND ~ The French line  ~ Now Researched, the AMX 50 120

Click the link for my guide, "Matilda Survival 101 For Beginners REVISED"!http://forum.wotblit...inners-revised/


Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #27 Posted Yesterday, 07:58 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19480 battles
  • 1,865
  • [FLEET]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

I feel like ARL is like a Tiger demoted to Tier VI but better.  Really interesting to consider how it would have performed in real war.  I think Tiger is misunderstood even by people looking at history more than the game: they had the very best crews, both in training and in morale.  Michael Wittman was promoted to Tigers after an excellent record in Stugs.  ARL still was made with weaker steel I'm sure and probably wouldn't have been famous, since it was a stopgap measure and wouldn't have had many parts for replacement.

 

If you don't like ARL tho just enjoy the tier VII.  It keeps great gun but reloads faster.


Most wanted for Blitz: Chinese tanks

name explanation


Rum_Tanker #28 Posted Yesterday, 09:17 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2842 battles
  • 209
  • [MOM4]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
Still lovin my ARL!




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users