Jump to content


Don't be fooled ARL 44 is trash


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

LIGHTS___OUT #21 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Welcome to the Dark Side

  • Players
  • 39562 battles
  • 615
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

View Post_War_Child_, on 20 March 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

 

Thank you.


SIDE NOTE: At the end of that battle, it was just me versus the Tier 7 platoon.   I had 60% health whereas the BP had 1/3 health and the Tiger P had full health.  While I'm running away/repositioning (so I don't have to take 2 tanks on at once), the IS on our team who died with 0 damage is messaging me "what a coward" "stand and fight" "you suck" etc.  In order to survive, I had to track the Tiger P 3 times and back up around the corner so he couldn't 2-shot me. It was extremely hard to do while getting "suggestions" from my dead teammate.

 

I really find this hard to believe _War_Child_.   I have read so many posts on this forum stating chat is only used to "help" the surviving tanks. 


That is why WG decided to disable chat. They received so many ticket of people getting "help" from dead tankers.  SMH. 
/rant_over

 

Anyway, great game, and an incredible amount of damage at Tier 6.  I even looked up the damage record, because I figured you had to be close. 

Well played. 


                                                

                                                                         

        


boppinbobby #22 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 62775 battles
  • 1,819
  • [HJG2]
  • Member since:
    12-31-2014

View PostLIGHTS___OUT, on 20 March 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

 

I really find this hard to believe _War_Child_.   I have read so many posts on this forum stating chat is only used to "help" the surviving tanks.


That is why WG decided to disable chat. They received so many ticket of people getting "help" from dead tankers.  SMH. 
/rant_over

 

Anyway, great game, and an incredible amount of damage at Tier 6.  I even looked up the damage record, because I figured you had to be close.

Well played.

 

With all the comments it must be hard for a person who would benefit from "coaching" to know what was good advice and what is bad advice. I also find that they don't even have the time/inclination to look at the chat as they are too busy getting killed whilst being in a panicked state. (been there done that)

Sure it's frustrating that you can't warn anyone of their impending doom ( but in reality if you're dead you can't talk anyhoo) but if they are that map unaware then it's their fault.

+1

And I am loving the French line so much more than the T57 line to a point I have caught up the grind no and I'm both at Tier 7.


Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.



Wboys #23 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Elite Noob

  • Players
  • 32412 battles
  • 1,558
  • [VRTX]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

What's next, the KV 2 needs a buff?

 

The ARL 44 is pretty OP. It feels like a tier 6.5 when driving it. I averaged over 1,700 damage in it over 100 battles which blows almost every other tier 6 I've owned out of the water stat wise. The only valid complaint I can think of is the turret is squishy, but it's pretty small and the tank doesn't rely on hull down anyway.

 

It has decent speed, decent armor, two TD level guns, good HP, and a good shape for angling. What's not to like?


https://www.blitzsta...layer/com/Wboys

Leader of Vort3x

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

 


Ebatrionaty #24 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 11779 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    07-18-2014
The ARL 44 is an amazing tank for its tier at the moment. The fact that you can't perform well in it could be due to your playstyle. Designating the ARL 44 like a true heavy is in some way similar designating a Matilda as a true medium. Support, flank, angle and sidescrape like there's no tomorrow. 

                                 [My Loves: SP1C, LTTB, KV-2]


mroth2130 #25 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42678 battles
  • 610
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

View PostWboys, on 20 March 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

What's next, the KV 2 needs a buff?

 

The ARL 44 is pretty OP. It feels like a tier 6.5 when driving it. I averaged over 1,700 damage in it over 100 battles which blows almost every other tier 6 I've owned out of the water stat wise. The only valid complaint I can think of is the turret is squishy, but it's pretty small and the tank doesn't rely on hull down anyway.

 

It has decent speed, decent armor, two TD level guns, good HP, and a good shape for angling. What's not to like?

 

View PostEbatrionaty, on 20 March 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

The ARL 44 is an amazing tank for its tier at the moment. The fact that you can't perform well in it could be due to your playstyle. Designating the ARL 44 like a true heavy is in some way similar designating a Matilda as a true medium. Support, flank, angle and sidescrape like there's no tomorrow. 

I have found no redeeming quality in this tank. I truly feel like it is one of the biggest piles of trash I have ever attempted to not suck in. Every single battle is a struggle to get teams to support so I can do even 1000 damage. The average battle last about 2:30 in this tank. 

 

i just think I needed to let the others know that all the love people are giving this pos I have not seen nor experienced.  Not 1 game in 30 has been a fun.  



tcamp48 #26 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

    Artista pazzo

  • Players
  • 76168 battles
  • 4,576
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Must be one of those love it or hate it tanks. I really thought everyone would dig on it as much as I have, but I guess there are always tanks that fit like a glove and others that just don't seem right, though you can't put your finger on it, what the reason is. 

 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!


Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #27 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23949 battles
  • 2,931
  • [KATAR]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

I feel like ARL is like a Tiger demoted to Tier VI but better.  Really interesting to consider how it would have performed in real war.  I think Tiger is misunderstood even by people looking at history more than the game: they had the very best crews, both in training and in morale.  Michael Wittman was promoted to Tigers after an excellent record in Stugs.  ARL still was made with weaker steel I'm sure and probably wouldn't have been famous, since it was a stopgap measure and wouldn't have had many parts for replacement.

 

If you don't like ARL tho just enjoy the tier VII.  It keeps great gun but reloads faster.


E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"


Rum_Tanker #28 Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7473 battles
  • 1,613
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
Still lovin my ARL!

 


 


cheasesteak #29 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

  • Players
  • 23288 battles
  • 4,487
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on 29 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I feel like ARL is like a Tiger demoted to Tier VI but better.  Really interesting to consider how it would have performed in real war.  I think Tiger is misunderstood even by people looking at history more than the game: they had the very best crews, both in training and in morale.  Michael Wittman was promoted to Tigers after an excellent record in Stugs.  ARL still was made with weaker steel I'm sure and probably wouldn't have been famous, since it was a stopgap measure and wouldn't have had many parts for replacement.

 

If you don't like ARL tho just enjoy the tier VII.  It keeps great gun but reloads faster.

Tiger - fielded mid 1942.  It was by far best heavy tank of its time.  ARL design didn't even start until late 1944.  It would have been obsolete before it could have gone into production. 


 


Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #30 Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:39 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23949 battles
  • 2,931
  • [KATAR]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
I know what years the things came into production.  You're saying that ARL would have been worthless but tbh Tiger would have been more than worthless in half of the places where Shermans were successful.  In real life a 90 mm gun was actually a good Tiger killer.  Actually if we hadn't been on the offense in Europe (and defeating a dug in foe with a casualty ratio very much in our favor) then we probably would have used our AA guns (90 mm) in the same way the Germans used their 88s and probably would have had more success.  Idk what your point is really.

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"


cheasesteak #31 Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

    Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

  • Players
  • 23288 battles
  • 4,487
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014
In real war ARL would have sucked.  Used obsolete suspension (mobility would be trash) and was and under armored for 1945. Its heavy tank competition would have been Tiger II, IS and IS-3, and 1945 era medium/MBTs such as Pershing and Centurion. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 02 April 2017 - 05:48 PM.

 


cheasesteak #32 Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

    Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

  • Players
  • 23288 battles
  • 4,487
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on 01 April 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

I know what years the things came into production.  You're saying that ARL would have been worthless but tbh Tiger would have been more than worthless in half of the places where Shermans were successful.  In real life a 90 mm gun was actually a good Tiger killer.  Actually if we hadn't been on the offense in Europe (and defeating a dug in foe with a casualty ratio very much in our favor) then we probably would have used our AA guns (90 mm) in the same way the Germans used their 88s and probably would have had more success.  Idk what your point is really.

Also, on the defense, 76mm wasn't great but did the job against German armor. Look at battles where US was on the defense and look at what happened to the Panzers.  Bulge, Arracourt, German counter attacks at Normandy. 


 


tcamp48 #33 Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

    Artista pazzo

  • Players
  • 76168 battles
  • 4,576
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostTanks_alot_really_tanks, on 11 April 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

UPDATE #2

OK I love this beast. 51 games in it now win rate is 70% all modules have been researched and crew is 100%. I have vents, rammer and binoculars equipped on it. I'm running double rations and top fuel. Consumables I have multi kit, adrenalin and repair kit. I use the 105 mm its load out is 15,10,3. I had a mission to win the Verdun forest camo. So its outfitted in Verdun forest it looks awesome. With all that it is making good credits now also. This has been one of the funnest grinds I can remember ever doing. And during this grind my overall win rate has risen from 50.71 to 50.76 during a grind nice! Love the little French tiger.

See you on the battle field.

 

Congrats on the success! The grind just get's better.....different at tier VII and up, but they're all awesome.


 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!


popisdead #34 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:15 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21427 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 20 March 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

You are yoloing in it. I think the fact that its a fast heavy has you in the wrong mindset. Play it more like a medium. 

 

thanks
I love kemping bush

popisdead #35 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21427 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Post_War_Child_, on 20 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

 


 It was extremely hard to do while getting "suggestions" from my dead teammate.


This is why it's great dead chat is back again (sic).



tpcshadow #36 Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39343 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostBolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD, on 29 March 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

I feel like ARL is like a Tiger demoted to Tier VI but better.  Really interesting to consider how it would have performed in real war.  I think Tiger is misunderstood even by people looking at history more than the game: they had the very best crews, both in training and in morale.  Michael Wittman was promoted to Tigers after an excellent record in Stugs.  ARL still was made with weaker steel I'm sure and probably wouldn't have been famous, since it was a stopgap measure and wouldn't have had many parts for replacement.

 

If you don't like ARL tho just enjoy the tier VII.  It keeps great gun but reloads faster.

 

I have said it's like a tier VI version of the Panther I - great, accurate gun with hevium speed and armor, only the ARL also gets better alpha than the Panther and better gun depression (I believe). It has the same top gun as the tier VII in the line (with a slightly reduced RoF).

 

The 45 at tier VII is a disappointment, only because there are too many OP tanks at that tier (Helsing, Type 62, etc) and it also sees all of the tier VIII OP IS-spam. 12-18 months ago it would have been a more competitive tank.

 



popisdead #37 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21427 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
I hate Helsings right now cause no one targets them first.  
I love kemping bush

popisdead #38 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21427 battles
  • 2,896
  • [ATC_]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

Okay..

 

I am good in the Jackson and suck in the ARL.  :(

 

someone just tell me what to do already...  I cannot figure out how to play this tank.


I love kemping bush

Bob3468 #39 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8287 battles
  • 1,214
  • Member since:
    11-18-2016

View Postmroth2130, on 20 March 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

 

 

http://imgur.com/a/cuq7N

 

this is is where I am in this tank. I am descent player but this is how the first 25 games have gone. No way this tank is what everyone is saying. All I hear is praise about the glory of the arl44. I am here to warn everyone, it isn't what they say it is. You can't carry and if wot has it in for you you will suffer and suffer I have. 

 

The teams are pure TRASH which makes this tank unplayable. 

I think I understand your problem, stock ARL + lots of enemy KV2 


I'm a TRPD member, I saved some seals once, and here are some Quotes of pure wisdom and knowledge:

"I've never seen a pidgeon die from eating off the ground, so what's the big whoop." 

-Peter Griffin 

"I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid"

-Terry Bradshaw

 


anonym_3ALrcwVs605t #40 Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:56 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,459
  • Member since:
    04-21-2019
The tank does have an exceptional ROF for the gun size and tier. I haven't played tier six very often opting for the Type 62 Dragon. I just run circles around them and hope I don't have to deal with his teammates rescuing him, ping spikes at my house, or having to deal with rough terrain or driving out of control lol.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users