• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Captain_Josh_99 #21 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14035 battles
  • [ALL4J]

View PostWboys, on 20 March 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yeah I used the 105mm on the ARL but switched to the 90mm on the AMX M4 45. The pen really helps at tier 7, whereas at tier 6 it was just overkill pen. 

I've found the tank to be a huge step down from the ARL, but it isn't underpowered. It shares a lot of features of the Tiger I. Tiger I can brawl a bit better and AMX is faster and can do medium tank style hull down harassment better.

My advice to the OP is to stop classifying tanks into neat little boxes. Just because this tank doesn't fit what your label of a heavy should be doesn't make it a bad tank. If this tank doesn't have enough armor for you, then you better just quit the line right here and now. 

Edit: Basically, trying to play the AMX like a heavy will work about as well as playing the Valentine II as a Light. 

Heavies are supposed to have armor though, that's why they are called heavies. This tank unless put on a hill with the enemy in a valley cannot bounce a shot. I've been doing better but only because I've installed a gun rammer and vents plus rations to buff the reload of the 90 mm

VikkoTheTusken #22 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 17349 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostCaptain_Josh_99, on 20 March 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

The AMX m4 45, the predecessor of the ARL 44.....

Successor

YouTube    Twitter   Facebook

boppinbobby #23 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29596 battles
  • [HJG2]

Ok so I'm not great in either tank but I am finding that I'm bouncing more on the AMX that the ARL.

Having said that. with spring break in full flow I couldn't buy a win today.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

Wboys #24 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:21 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 26767 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostCaptain_Josh_99, on 20 March 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Heavies are supposed to have armor though, that's why they are called heavies. This tank unless put on a hill with the enemy in a valley cannot bounce a shot. I've been doing better but only because I've installed a gun rammer and vents plus rations to buff the reload of the 90 mm

Better tell that to the Tiger I, Cearnarvon, Conqueror, and VK 30.01 H. 

Is the AMX M4 45 a weak heavy, or a heavy medium? What about the M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman? Why does the AT 2, a TD, have one of the worst guns at tier V? Why are so many low tier Light tank some of the heaviest tanks in their tier, aren't light supposed to be fast? 

Some tanks don't fall neatly into any category. Saying "heavies should have armor" doesn't leave any room for Heaviums. Saying mediums should be fast means Meavys can't exist.

The only consistent definition of heavies in Blitz is a tanks that mediums will lose against head on. Those are tanks that should be played like heavy tanks. It encompass tanks like the TOG that have no armor, and tanks like the Tiger I and Conqueror that rely more on DPM to bully tanks than armor. 

Play tanks how they are supposed to be played, not you you want them to be played.

Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

dindincf #25 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:28 AM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 15332 battles
  • [-7-]
Keep tanks at range.  With its amazing pen and -10 degs of gun depression you should be able to snap shot and not get hit by something that has more alpha than you.  You don't have to fully let the reticle drop because your pen is amazing.  The range will keep the heavies from getting a bead on you.

War_Pug_ #26 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32 battles
I like this tank a lot but I have to say accuracy at a distance is pretty bad on the 90mm. How is accuracy on the 105? I haven't even considered using it but after seeing so many people say its worth a shot I will test it out. I usually play pretty close to the front so that I can maximize my hits. I find I can get a decent amount of bounces with good angling from behind cover, specifically off big guns. 

tcamp48 #27 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32760 battles
  • [III-Z]
I actually love this tank. It's an all around heavium kind of tank, good mobility and the top gun is more than adequate. I left the grind with a 57% WR and no complaints.

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii]

Premiums ~ M60  ~  T34 (1776)  ~  T-34-85 Rudy  ~  Tankenstein  ~  T6 Dracula  ~ T-34-85 Victory  ~  Kuro Mori Mine  ~  Excelsior  ~  Churchill III  ~  Ram II  ~  Pz. IV Hydrostat  ~  A-32  ~  Pz. B2  ~  T-127  ~  Ke-Ni Otsu CURRENT GRIND ~ The French line  ~ Via, the AMX 50 120   /   Onward and Forward to the AMX 50 B!

Click the link for my guide, "Matilda Survival 101 For Beginners REVISED"!http://forum.wotblit...inners-revised/

CaesarSeizer #28 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14111 battles
  • [AUWDE]

View PostCaptain_Josh_99, on 20 March 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

The AMX m4 45, the predecessor of the ARL 44, is possibly the most underbalanced tank in the game. Why is it even classified as a heavy? It has no armor that can compete with the tanks in it's tier. It is the size of Russia, the gun's accuracy prevents you from hitting anything even if fully aimed, and the turret even gets penned. You cannot utilize the gun depression due to the weak turret. And popping up and down on the ridge will not work either due to the terrible gun handling. This tank really has nothing going for it except the superb dpm which is really only useful in close combat which you can't do either because you have no armor. Your speed will get you no where because the enemy team will have a huge side to shoot while you are moving. Maybe it's just the French design or maybe there could be something improved? Either way I am not satisfied at all with this tank and have found it the hardest to grind. The only good thing is that it makes money easily... Which considering that it will ruin your winrate anyway you're going to need those extra credits

I actually found it to be a fantastic tank, and one of my favorites at tier 7. It's a classic heavium, with workable armor, a good gun with incredible dpm, good traverse, and workable mobility. In fact, I found that it plays really similarly to a VK 45.02 A, another classic heavium. You can sidescrape (to a point), work ridgelines with that fantastic gun depression, wreck anything in a 1v1, and still have enough armor to bounce shots when you want to. The gist of making the armor work is to peek-a-boom when you have a shot, pull back as you're reloading, and repeat. Do not stay exposed for longer than absolutely necessary, and as you pull back behind a corner or the edge of a hill, never just pull straight back. Make sure to traverse your tank so you can steepen the angle of the front plate against your opponents, and you can bait a shot against your now impenetrable frontal plate. Do the same with your turret, and if your'e out in the open, never drive straight at an opponent. Go at an angle, and keep a constant wiggle as you narrow the distance. 

I finished my grind with <100 games and a 70-ish% winrate. Hope this helps!

CptCheez #29 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 14401 battles
  • [III]
27 games in this tank so far, 77.78% WR with 59.26% Survival Rate and 1600+ Avg Dmg.  Yeah, I think this tank is just fine as is.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

_LookinGrim #30 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

BananaBriannaBrian141

• Players
  • 15506 battles
  • [GRIM]

Ummm other people do well with it, I think u just need to admit the fact ur the one that's bad not the tank :))

move on

TDL_GamerYT #31 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

Private

• Players
  • 40 battles
Do a research first before complaining :) see if it matches in the real life tanks

jaquevius01 #32 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28273 battles
  • [SRT]

My 2014 avg damage at tier 7 begs to differ  :)  Play it like a slow medium (like a cent 1 for instance) and you will do well. Great gun. Hide during reload and never rely on the armor. The ARL is definitely more beginner friendly. Don't get caught up into the classification of a heavy. That's true for the future tanks in the line too. Great guns but poor armor.

2017-03-01 07:13
7 100 1
1,139 2,014 1.14
Ace
6K(1) 5K(2)

Captain_Josh_99 #33 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14035 battles
  • [ALL4J]
So just to give everyone an update. I've taken the advice of what some of you said and I've seen an immediate improvement. Took me awhile to get the hang of playing it but my WR is steadily improving with it and I've had multiple games with 3k and one close to 4k damage. As long as I keep the 90mm with the gun rammer and vents firing I can rack up the damage

VonMiller58 #34 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 17353 battles
  • [JFGF]

Nice to hear some players dig the AMX 45

Just about ready to buy one....the ARL 44 is really good

o...:...:I:...:...o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users