T-54 First Prototype REVIEW

T-54 First Prototype T-54 Mod 1 T-54 Proto Ace Mastery Badge Review Gameplay _War_Child_ WinningWithWarchild

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

_War_Child_ #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31456 battles
  • [III]

The T-54 First Prototype (a/k/a T-54 Mod 1) is back in the Premium Shop for $35.00 US with 30 Days of Premium Time and 2,500 Gold.  I purchased this tank when it first came out and have been loving it ever since.  The gun depression and slowness of the tank are definitely drawbacks, but the tank's overall performance and ability to bounce shots makes it one of my favorite Tier 8 tanks.   If you don't already own the Type 59, I highly recommend getting the T-54 First Prototype!

If you have trouble with the embed, please click here: https://youtu.be/UKY0K-2GpoI

Thank you for taking the time to watch my Review.  Please subscribe if you like what you see and as always, please don't be shy about giving me your input.  I really appreciate ALL of your comments whether they are filled with criticism or praise.

Happy Tanking!

_War_Child_

monsterCockSupreme #2 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8 battles
i am going to get this tank today cause am tired of tier I   yeahhhhh baby

Player_5773117413 #3 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 22081 battles
  • [IRD]
The poor tier 7 Meds, they can't even pen the hull with gold rounds. Mod 1 might be arguably better protected than most tier 8 heavies

Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

112 Glacial, suiting name for a frozen turd that catches on fire every other minute

ChitFromChinola #4 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36159 battles

View PostmonsterCockSupreme, on 20 March 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Ha, right, nice troll. Welcome to the forums.

christian1470 #5 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29545 battles
  • [III-S]
The medium that even makes me look good!

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

World's Greatest No-Goodnik

• Players
  • 16600 battles
  • [ST2RM]

I am an average player (about 53% overall).  I want to warn other players with similar skill sets to mine that this tank is not as easy to drive as the exceptional players like War Child make it seems.

The tank is sluggish for a medium.  This means map awareness is key.   

This tank will not hull-down like others.  The hull armor is good, but you cannot rely on the turret at all.  You will see comments that say "wiggle and rock".  The super good players do that out of habit.  Guys like me have to really be on top of their game to be sure and keep wiggling and rocks.  And while doing that wiggle and rock, your bloom will not shrink, making an already inaccurate gun even more so, or you must stop your rock-n-rollin to aim.

If you are good at brawling - and most of us in the low 50's win-rate are not good at brawling, then this tank can go face to face (literally) with the Soviet heavys.  For me this face-hugging is an "oh crap" moment - that I should have avoided.

Beware of review from great players -- they can make any tank look great.  

I've included my stats for all my Tier 8 mediums.  You can see how I fair in the T-54 Proto vs. the others.  If your stats are similar to mine, consider saving your money.

Peace-

Boris

Capture.PNG

_War_Child_ #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31456 battles
  • [III]

View PostChitFromChinola, on 20 March 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

Ha, right, nice troll. Welcome to the forums.

You have to admit, we needed a few more trolls.  Our regular trolls haven't been as active lately ;)

_War_Child_ #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31456 battles
  • [III]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 21 March 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

I am an average player (about 53% overall).  I want to warn other players with similar skill sets to mine that this tank is not as easy to drive as the exceptional players like War Child make it seems.

The tank is sluggish for a medium.  This means map awareness is key.   

This tank will not hull-down like others.  The hull armor is good, but you cannot rely on the turret at all.  You will see comments that say "wiggle and rock".  The super good players do that out of habit.  Guys like me have to really be on top of their game to be sure and keep wiggling and rocks.  And while doing that wiggle and rock, your bloom will not shrink, making an already inaccurate gun even more so, or you must stop your rock-n-rollin to aim.

If you are good at brawling - and most of us in the low 50's win-rate are not good at brawling, then this tank can go face to face (literally) with the Soviet heavys.  For me this face-hugging is an "oh crap" moment - that I should have avoided.

Beware of review from great players -- they can make any tank look great.  

I've included my stats for all my Tier 8 mediums.  You can see how I fair in the T-54 Proto vs. the others.  If your stats are similar to mine, consider saving your money.

Peace-

Boris

Boris makes valid points here, but I wouldn't shy away from this tank if you're an average player. I don't consider myself a great player in medium tanks, but if the tank has angles or armor that provide me with bounces, I do much better in it.  The additional hull armor on the T-54 Proto enables me to play more aggressive than other mediums (the CDC is a tank I hate - it bounces NOTHING).  The one drawback armor-wise with the T-54 Proto is the turret - which is what the JPantherII shoots in my video right before I kill him.  The turret requires you to keep the tank moving (rocking, wiggling), and the hull armor makes your opponents shoot prammo. If you can learn to facehug with this tank, the front hull angle makes it almost impossible to pen whether it's a Tier 8 heavy or a Tier 9 medium tank.

My stats in Tier 8 Medium Tanks are good, but are by no means great:

By the way, I did this review because I feel like every player should have a strong Tier 8 Medium (Premium) tank in their garage.  The Type 59 has its flaws, but I still recommend it (even at $50).  If you don't have the Type 59, I think that this tank is a solid choice even for average players.

Good luck out there Fellas!  It's been a jungle lately...

Happy Tanking!

Edited by _War_Child_, 21 March 2017 - 01:26 PM.

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

World's Greatest No-Goodnik

• Players
  • 16600 battles
  • [ST2RM]

WC -

Thanks for posting your stats.  It totally validates my post.  When anyone looks at your stats - they will see mostly purple - and mine, well, I'm lucky if they are not orange :)

So -- average players -- be ware!!!

This is NOT an easy tank to drive.  Please do not be fooled by the super-unicums who can make anything work.

Kiser_Sosei #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 18666 battles
  • [III]
I have the T-59 the only reason I would get the T-54 Proto is if it was faster. I am not interested in slower. Thanks for the info guys!
"Die In A Useful Spot"
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

mcteam1 #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18757 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 21 March 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

WC -

Thanks for posting your stats.  It totally validates my post.  When anyone looks at your stats - they will see mostly purple - and mine, well, I'm lucky if they are not orange :)

So -- average players -- be ware!!!

This is NOT an easy tank to drive.  Please do not be fooled by the super-unicums who can make anything work.

I think your cautions about running the tank are valid and Warchild is a good player. However, if you look at the full list of tier 8 mediums I agree that the t-54 proto is going to be easier and more forgiving for average player than tanks like the Indien, Panther II, STA-1, CDC, Pershing, and the Centurion. 

Now there may be an argument that the SuperPershing may be better for average players but I don't think that was the original intent of the post. The t-54 proto is a solid premium even for the average player and really dangerous if you are Winning with Warchild(shameless plug)

Stable boy for Iron Dragoons

No one puts baby in the corner then think about joining [IRD] or [IRH]? Click here for our Website

Check the stats? 

VonMiller58 #12 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 17353 battles
  • [JFGF]

Good video.....only thing you didn't mention was the mod1 has great track traverse speed.

I bait shots around corners with front plate often in my mod1... Bounce theirs and give em one back

nice ace mastery....when did you get that ace?

I have like 260 games in it and I think I only have a bunch of #1 mastery...but I never play supremacy so maybe I can get one in that mode.

I also use it as a sniper and when covering low plate at range....you become very hard to pen, even in the turret

Tier 9 hull armor....tier 7 gun....tier 6 engine...tier 8 turret armor.....great earner

Edited by VonMiller58, 21 March 2017 - 03:42 PM.

o...:...:I:...:...o

_War_Child_ #13 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31456 battles
  • [III]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 21 March 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have the T-59 the only reason I would get the T-54 Proto is if it was faster. I am not interested in slower. Thanks for the info guys!

If you already have the Type 59, I do not think that you "must have" this tank as well.  Most of my struggle is figuring out which one to play since they both play so similarly for me. Save your $ if you have the Type 59.

View Postmcteam1, on 21 March 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

I think your cautions about running the tank are valid and Warchild is a good player. However, if you look at the full list of tier 8 mediums I agree that the t-54 proto is going to be easier and more forgiving for average player than tanks like the Indien, Panther II, STA-1, CDC, Pershing, and the Centurion. 

Now there may be an argument that the SuperPershing may be better for average players but I don't think that was the original intent of the post. The t-54 proto is a solid premium even for the average player and really dangerous if you are Winning with Warchild(shameless plug)

I really appreciate the plug.  It's only shameful if I do it ;)

View PostVonMiller58, on 21 March 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Good video.....only thing you didn't mention was the mod1 has great track traverse speed.

nice ace mastery....when did you get that ace? - 

I've had several Aces in that tank but that Supremacy match was on Christmas Day - which was the day to play mediums/lights because I got an Ace in the T-54 lightweight in the game right before this one.  Merry Christmas indeed! :medal:

bill77_tank_killer #14 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Major Snafu

• Players
  • 11689 battles
  • [KMMNE]

I bought it because it is a solid tank in its own right and because all my other tier 8 premiums are heavies (for that matter, most of my non-premium tier 8's are heavies).  Doesn't hurt that the tank effectively only costs about $18-$19 when you subtract off the value of 5000 gold (2500 gold + 30 days of premium time). 

Sure, a good player will still pen your hull with prammo or your turret, but average players are going to be freaked out when they see solid red on a medium's front hull. Also, don't forget that AP loses pen with distance. I don't have many games in mine yet, but I've bounced several sniper shots already. If you have to cross open ground, keep your front hull pointed towards likely sniper nests

Give yourself some time to get used to the tank. It plays a bit differently than your normal heavium

Stonefish_st #15 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12913 battles
  • [NW0]
Jesus, if you are not at least really, really, good in t8 mediums, things are hopeless for all us scrubs.  Love your stuff and hope you continue  with reviews in addition to your streams; big fan. Thks.

_War_Child_ #16 Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 31456 battles
  • [III]

Thanks Stonefish.  Really appreciate the kind words.

I do the reviews when I can and/or when I'm motivated about a particular tank.  The T-54 Prototype/Mod. 1 is almost gone (sale ends soon), and I like that tank a heck of a lot better than the 2 other tanks that are going on sale now - neither of which is worth the price they're asking for them $35/$25 respectively.

Good luck!

Stonefish_st #17 Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12913 battles
  • [NW0]

I'm glad you took the time, and really appreciate the effort that you and others spend creating content, apparently at little or no compensation.  Being a scrub, my objective, is to be more unicom scrub (is that possible?).  The more I play, the more aware I become, the less I think luck has to much to do with it.  Just an old man's observation......

John_Chang_58 #18 Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6321 battles
  • [SLC]

View PostmonsterCockSupreme, on 20 March 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

View PostmonsterCockSupreme, on 20 March 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

haha.... I'll see ya when ur win rate is 5 percent in the T54

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users