Jump to content


Clan wars

Clan wars tournaments cw

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ruggs225 #1 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30384 battles
  • 558
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

First off a big thank you to those who set up Clan Wars. Good times even though my clan is t doing all too well.  I have noticed throughout clan wars that the same tanks are usully dominant over and over , which can make the even feel stagnant sometimes. So here is couple ideas to maybe change up the games.l and oa couple regular general rule thoughts.

 

1. Historicalish clan wars- certain battle zones can only feature tanks of certain nations. Ex... eastern europe tiles can only use german or ussr tanks. Asia is japan, us and china etc. maybe some tiles can be left for all nations.

 

2. Maybe have turn based set up requirement. Examples for a certain turn each team must have 2 tds or no more than three of any on class of tank. Could be interesting.

 

3. No premium tank mode. Easy enough. 

 

4. no pillow tank mode. Because pillow tanks are bad and op and just plain awful. #teambrisket

 

5. Counter attacks- if a defending team wins 2-0 they they then can call a counter attack. This wpuld be a single match. If the original attacker wins they still win the tile. If the originql defender wins the ln they keep their tile and gain the original attackers tile.  You could make it more interesting by having the amount of people allowed in the match is the number of survivors from the last match +1. So if the defending team won with three tanks remaining in the last match the sudden death match would be a 4 on 4 battle winner takes all.

 

just some thoughts. But great job anyway and cant wait for the next Clan wars.

 



SemiNomadic #2 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 70 battles
  • 49
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016
too much work, are you trying to kill them? the people who make these cw have a hard enough time as is.

ruggs225 #3 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30384 battles
  • 558
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

View PostSemiNomadic, on 21 March 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

too much work, are you trying to kill them? the people who make these cw have a hard enough time as is.

 

lol no. Just trying to see what is possible and start a discussion of clan wars. If it is too much work than that is fine, but sharing ideas and discussing new possibilities to innovate shouldnt be frowned upon.

Howitzer_155 #4 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43698 battles
  • 4,546
  • [DD]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
i think the product offered by a player run Clan wars is pretty awesome.  really no need to change anything.  

AVCM_AW #5 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 48494 battles
  • 450
  • [RAIDR]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

View Postruggs225, on 21 March 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

lol no. Just trying to see what is possible and start a discussion of clan wars. If it is too much work than that is fine, but sharing ideas and discussing new possibilities to innovate shouldnt be frowned upon.

 

Why isn't this topic taken right to the CW3 Discord site? as a participant, you know it's there? The audience there is all about Clan Wars, as opposed to the audience here... just saying. And OBTW, I agree with Howie!! For a player organised and operated contest, it is pretty awesome!

Clan Lead - DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

 


Tomio_Hara #6 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Monteagle madness

  • Players
  • 22413 battles
  • 3,465
  • [SR-72]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014
what is a pillow tank

 

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!


ruggs225 #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30384 battles
  • 558
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

View PostAVCM_AW, on 21 March 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

 

Why isn't this topic taken right to the CW3 Discord site? as a participant, you know it's there? The audience there is all about Clan Wars, as opposed to the audience here... just saying. And OBTW, I agree with Howie!! For a player organised and operated contest, it is pretty awesome!

 

forgot about discord. Good point. 

 

And for the record i do think it is an awesome event and if they kept it the sane i wouldnt mind at all.made this post just to foster new ideas. Maybe something better will come out of it, maybe Nothing. Either way there is no harm in just discussing possibilities or fostering new ideas.



Thatguyujustmet #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11172 battles
  • 966
  • Member since:
    06-14-2016

1 seems really cool.... But the problem with it is that some people may not have tanks from the correct nation... Albiet many clans would not have enough players that could play for different-specific battles.

 

Also yeah... CW doesn't need that much change... Although a continent boost in points, aka points for owning a continent, would be legit... It's already like Risk... Why not go all the way, lol.



pastore123 #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

    Community Italian Stallion

  • Players
  • 19675 battles
  • 1,601
  • [LXE]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostThatguyujustmet, on 21 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

1 seems really cool.... But the problem with it is that some people may not have tanks from the correct nation... Albiet many clans would not have enough players that could play for different-specific battles.

 

Also yeah... CW doesn't need that much change... Although a continent boost in points, aka points for owning a continent, would be legit... It's already like Risk... Why not go all the way, lol.

 

I had the same thought. The idea is pretty good, the problem only lies with tank availability. The risk idea might as well go full bore 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               #FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60


Full_Shane #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

    Drinker of Tears, Exposer of Sealclubbers

  • Players
  • 10455 battles
  • 556
  • [STPLR]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016

View PostTomio_Hara, on 21 March 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

what is a pillow tank

 

Go see my CDC post fam, I think that's it.


 


Vater_Von_Tom #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24388 battles
  • 872
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostTomio_Hara, on 21 March 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

what is a pillow tank

 

The shame of Spud. We're not suppose to talk about it.






Also tagged with Clan wars, tournaments, cw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users