Why is the Obj 263 line so unpopular?

Obj 263

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: The Obj 263 enigma (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Why have you not ground the Obj 263 line?/Why do you think others haven't?

1. Because it looks huge and unwieldy. (4 votes [5.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

2. Because I can't stand turret-less tanks. (9 votes [12.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.68%

3. Because I like TDs with high pen and high alpha guns, its DPM doesn't tempt me. (7 votes [9.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

4. Because I find it easy to kill them. (3 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

5. Because its armor profile doesn't seem to cut it/I like reliable German style armor vs troll armor. (3 votes [4.23%] - View)

6. The Obj 263 looks good, but the tier 7-9 ones are trash. (12 votes [16.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

7. The tier 7-9 ones look good, but the Obj 263 looks like trash. (1 vote [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

8. I might grind it eventually, but there are other lines I'm grinding first. (5 votes [7.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

9. I don't really see/hear much about the line, so I'm grinding lines I know more about. (6 votes [8.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.45%

10. I never really thought much about the line... (6 votes [8.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.45%

11. Someone I trust said it was bad. (3 votes [4.23%] - View)

12. Ain't nobody got time for dat! (7 votes [9.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

13. Driving Stronk Communist tanks is for sissies, real men drive German tanks. (5 votes [7.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

Vote Hide poll

The_Flash135 #21 Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17593 battles

The obj.263 is the ONLY tank I truly fear, I would rather see a Death Star around a corner in a light tank. If you can use the agility of this tank and bait shots it will bounce so much. The mantlet is troll as all hell. The DPM is insane that's what the line is, mobility, armor(t10) and high DPM, I think that the SU-100M1 drives people away. Yes the gun depression is non existent, but the armor is on existent on the SO I C yet I still see people driving them, just like the Dracula, the tank excels in DPM and penetration, I mean honestly, 330mm of heat pen is INSANE for a t7 tank. And it's armor can bounce things very well but it just depends on who is shooting at you. A trick to bounce mediums shots, EXCLUDING GERMAN MEDS, is to wiggle around, like not even 5 degrees just enough to move that mantlet around a bit, if your doing it right you can't see the enemies gun moving trying to get a shot on you. 

The SU-101, it's SO much better, it moves well and it's armor is so much more trollish, but still it's not exactly trolling tbh. I have bounced a T95 APCR shell on my hull, not the mantlet, I personally prefer the t9 gun but usually I suck it up and use the t10 gun even if the dpm is lower. When driving the tank you need to use your mobility to find sniping spots. Then use your gun to shoot targets and when you get spotted pullback preferably behind a hill and angle so your hull is at an auto bounce asince your sloped mantlet will be sloped even more not much can pen you, but your of of fun depression mean you can pen anything either. The-SU-122-54 I've heard is a completely different tank and play style, I haven't had the honors to drive it but I'm grinding for it

Duke_87 #22 Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34627 battles
  • [MOM]

People keep telling me how troll the 263 armor is, and maybe when a total noob is shooting it okay, but anyone with half a brain seems able to pen it consistently from the front. And high DPM is great, but since the alpha is lower in favor of higher ROF, that means more time exposed, which means more time getting shot, which means...

I am disappointingly meh-to-outright-poor in this tank, and I had such high hopes for it.

Goal: Suck incrementally less, day by day

popisdead #23 Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21204 battles
  • [ATC_]

View PostWboys, on 21 March 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Then you get the fairly OP SU-100M1 that still has the old T-54's broken HEAT pen...except at tier 7.

I've come to realize this but didnt' know about the T-54 part.  Even the stock gun, the tank can support and perform.
I love kemping bush

Also tagged with Obj 263

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users