WG's ostrich approach and lack of sanctions against AFKS BOTS & TROLLS hurts the player base

anti-afk anti-troll eula perma-ban afk bot troll anti-bot

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

acrisis #1 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20513 battles
  • [III]

In fact it does more than hurt the player base, it causes unrest in the community and the forums. 

Please step up to the plate when it comes to dealing with SERIAL AFKS, BOTS, UNFAIR PLAY and OTHER RULE VIOLATIONS.

After the BOTS & TROLLS themselves, Wargaming is a major contributor to anger and unrest in the player base, and here on the forum; because WG is simply not acting in a timely manner - if at all - about serious repeat rule violations. 

Serial abuse is simply allowed to go on, week after week, month after months, for many thousands upon thousands of games. While it has been publicly promised (blitz to meet you March 4 2016 video) that such abuse will be met with swift action and harsh penalties.  It seems like years earlier, WG was able to clean up BOTS in a quick order on the PC version ( 8000 bots banned in 2014 ), (daily bot detections and bans)  so why can't this happen against a few dozen in Blitz? Where is the failure in the automatic detection? 

Where is the failure in the manual process? 

Because we send in report after report, week after week ... highlight the rotten apples but the same BOTTERS AND TROLLS are just allowed to continue play by their own rules? 
Where is the break in the chain that for instance this individual is still not perma-banned? 

14000 battles and counting ... 

Active to the time of this very posting!
Make no mistake ... this is BOTTING :

So we know the retaliation is failing?

What about some prevention? 

Several times have we asked for SERIAL AFKS & BOTTERS to get no rewards. Zero on the summary = ZERO XP and ZERO CREDITS ... or even punitively make them pay! 1000 credits X tier played, to every legitimate player in the battle who had to carry harder, spend more, lose credits and quite likely lost the game. 

Why don't we get the above as a preventive measure as well? 

And, speaking of reports. Last week I reported over 6 dozen EULA violators in two bulk tickets.

In under an hour these two bulk tickets were replied to and closed without further notice. Despite the reply ... 

Block Quote

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused. Don't worry, we can help you with that.

With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures. Due to our privacy policy, we are unable to inform you as to what actions have been taken against the player(s) in question. However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions.

Six days later, I can verify, in game and unequivocally see that ZERO ACTION was taken. WHY?!  

All crystal clear EULA violations ... yet zero action? 

Are we all just wasting our time trying to make the game better for everyone, and ensure that everybody can have a good time and decent honest battle?

It is WG's Ostrich and Laissez Faire approach to violations and serial offenders, that is driving people to complain on the forum, people are so frustrated to see the same offenders on and on, that they want to warn others publicly about serial AFKS, BOTTERS, TROLLS, ... again and again ... risking N&S strikes; because they simply do not seem to get any traction with legitimate complaints about UNFAIR PLAY and EULA VIOLATIONS, whether with WG Customer Service or through the feedback channels. 

Edited by acrisis, 22 March 2017 - 09:45 PM.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Silevern #2 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17616 battles
I've noticed the same thing. It seems WG's policy of "anonymous punishment" really is just "we don't give a [edited]about what you have to say, so shut up and leave us alone"

tankcrunch #3 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles
we are not Russians, therefore we're falling on deaf ears.

Icefang50 #4 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]

Excellent post.

I would like to interject a couple jokes here, but will refrain...

acrisis #5 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20513 battles
  • [III]
It has been established that WG does have rules in place for other titles and enforced them on other servers. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

LoweExpectations #6 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

How about we all bot in protest? Then maybe they'll notice.

Spoiler

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

Money_mann____ #7 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12778 battles
  • [USA]

View Posttankcrunch, on 22 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

we are not Russians, therefore we're falling on deaf ears.

Invade RU server Deal with it

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

KempBushThe3rd #8 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

How to Git Gud, Step 1: Don't spawn on the wrong team.

• Players
  • 12794 battles
I can just imagine you making that kind of speech IRL. Great argument, +1.

WARNING: The player "KempBushThe3rd" is no longer active. This is the last message he has left us:

"I've supported this game for too long. There are too many frustrations with playing this game. And I believe that it's not worth playing anymore. This is not because of Update 3.8. I have been losing interest in this game for a while now. I believe that it is time for me to put the game down and finally move on with life. A big thanks to the forums for helping me on the road to 60%, and sometimes giving me a good laugh. o7."

tankcrunch #9 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View PostMoney_mann____, on 22 March 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Invade RU server Deal with it

?

reluctanttheist #10 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25620 battles
  • [III-H]

There is some good recent news on Telegram from Russian devs today, who have been studying the problem:

"6,058 accounts are blocked, whose behavior in the game is unsportsmanlike.

Today there was a wave of massive bans for violation of section 2 of paragraph 1 of the rules of the game. Violations of this paragraph include:

- passive behavior, including deliberate non-participation in battles - AFK;
- blocking of Allied tanks, other forms of non-sporting interference to 
normal game;
- the use of programs that simulate the actions of users in the game (bots), software-clickers and other programs that violate the rules of the game.

: Books: The rules of the game can be found at http://forum.wotblit...?/topic/3316-pr

Already for a long time we have received complaints about the fact that AFK players are encountered in battles, as well as the herbalists and sabotaging battles people. This behavior we consider unacceptable, it roughly violates the rules of WoT Blitz. It took us a while to analyze the problem and the behavior of the violators, as well as to gather the necessary evidence base. And now we are proceeding with the utmost rigor to active action.

: Loudspeaker: At the moment we have blocked 6058 accounts for a period of 30 days. In case of repeated violation of Section 2 of Clause 1 of the rules of the game, a recidivist will receive a permanent ban.

We will not dwell on the results achieved and continue to improve the system to combat dishonest players. Also we will work on a functional that will allow you to mark players who violate certain points of the Rules by using complaints to which we will respond."

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

WarHammer701 #11 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11244 battles
  • [NUXZ]
It's a completely different story when WG is the one causing unrest in the forums. They seem to cause a lot of it, so where's their penalty? oh wait, it's the thousands of lifetime players they are losing.
1011700835.png

tankcrunch #12 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 195 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

There is some good recent news on Telegram from Russian devs today, who have been studying the problem:

Today there was a wave of massive bans for violation of section 2 of paragraph 1 of the rules of the game. Violations of this paragraph include:

normal game;
- the use of programs that simulate the actions of users in the game (bots), software-clickers and other programs that violate the rules of the game.

: Books: The rules of the game can be found at http://forum.wotblit...?/topic/3316-pr

Already for a long time we have received complaints about the fact that AFK players are encountered in battles, as well as the herbalists and sabotaging battles people. This behavior we consider unacceptable, it roughly violates the rules of WoT Blitz. It took us a while to analyze the problem and the behavior of the violators, as well as to gather the necessary evidence base. And now we are proceeding with the utmost rigor to active action.

: Loudspeaker: At the moment we have blocked 6058 accounts for a period of 30 days. In case of repeated violation of Section 2 of Clause 1 of the rules of the game, a recidivist will receive a permanent ban.

We will not dwell on the results achieved and continue to improve the system to combat dishonest players. Also we will work on a functional that will allow you to mark players who violate certain points of the Rules by using complaints to which we will respond."

good good to know.

skyking21 #13 Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18241 battles
  • [LGND]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

normal game;

Frickin herbalists with their wholistic medical approach ruining our game. 

__Boomer2__ #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16805 battles
  • [501DV]
I don't even report anymore.  Not worth wasting my time.  GET IT TOGETHER, WG.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/vkMn9Q7

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

christian1470 #15 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39217 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 22 March 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

normal game;

those damned Herbalists ruin EVERYTHING!!!!!!

edit: got beaten to the punch again. 

Edited by christian1470, 23 March 2017 - 01:04 AM.

skyking21 #16 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18241 battles
  • [LGND]

View Postchristian1470, on 22 March 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

those damned Herbalists ruin EVERYTHING!!!!!!

edit: got beaten to the punch again. 

;) 

DobyIR #17 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

I see you...

• Players
  • 46105 battles
  • [H0B0S]
I need a Missouri license plate for my tank One that has the slogan - Show-Me-State. I need to see WG remove these blatant offenders before I'll believe it.  It would be nice if they gave us more details other than an un-auditable number.

CRUEL is recruiting

acrisis #18 Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20513 battles
  • [III]

Why is this allowed to continue?!

BE  (+)   

acrisis #19 Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20513 battles
  • [III]

The BOTTER as one of two top tier tanks.

Another one of countless battles ruined. 

Edited by acrisis, 26 March 2017 - 11:13 AM.

BE  (+)   

__Crusader6__ #20 Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59659 battles
  • [-C6-]

Tumtsiom rides again.   

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users