Cruiser III Cruiser IV Covenanter Crusader Cromwell

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PurpleishPotato #1 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2264 battles
  • [07DFD]

I love this line, this was my first line that I've ever done (not finished yet though.) You can check my Blitzstars profile, the Covenanter, Cruiser IV, Crusader, and Cromwell are some of my best tanks. So I'm here to talk about them.

The Cruiser line was one of Britain's greatest tank lines. The Cruiser Mk I started production in 1936. Britain started this line because it was a lot cheaper to make these light tanks than making their infantry tanks in the Medium line. The tank was mounted with a 40 mm 2-pdr gun. The next few Cruisers were based off of each previous tank. The line went all the way up to the Cruiser VIII, nicknamed the Challenger. The Challenger line is still in use today. Probably Britain's most successful cruiser tank was the Comet, built in 1944, which later led to the Centurions, introduced in 1945. The Centurion Mk I was one of the best tanks built for the war.

I never really paid much attention to the Med I, Cruiser III, or Cruiser IV. I got through them very quickly. The Covenanter is a keeper though, I use it more than any other tank I have in my garage, mostly as a credit grinder and for messing around in training rooms since it's pretty fast and won't eat up my credits. I can make a solid 15-25k credits in a good battle with it after fully upgrading it and gaining crew mastery. The Crusader on the other hand, I didn't like as much. It's not that good at first, quite slow and can't do a reasonable amount of damage. Once fully upgraded, it's a lot faster with a better gun, but still can't penetrate many heavies or TDs at it's tier. All in all I didn't like it as much and wouldn't waste credits buying it again. I now have the Cromwell, just barely to the Comet (kinda...) At first I had trouble gaining credits with it, but now that I've gotten used to how to play it I get some pretty successful battles here and there. The Cromwell is fast too, topping at 60 KM/H. I haven't used the Comet, Centurions, or FV yet.

Players who oppose DogFace can feel the cold, metallic, 122 millimeter end of my IS-6’s gun to

their face, and say bye bye to their precious RatBat as their dead body is dragged into a dark

corner to be left for the wolves.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23958 battles
  • [NOGUD]

The best tip I can give you is ...

Stay in tier two until you win at least half your games, then move to tier three.  Once you win more than half the time in tier three, move to tier four.  

You do ok in tier 2.  But beyond that you are a burden to your team.  You really need to work on the fundamental aspects of this game.

Please do not continue to make this mistake of rushing up the tiers when you are clearly not ready for them yet.

I'd be happy to platoon a few games and give you some base pointers.  I'm not purple, but I can turn your black into blue.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Meat_Locker #3 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 36824 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 23 March 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

Stay in tier two until you win at least half your games, then move to tier three.  Once you win more than half the time in tier three, move to tier four.  

You do ok in tier 2.  But beyond that you are a burden to your team.  You really need to work on the fundamental aspects of this game.

Please do not continue to make this mistake of rushing up the tiers when you are clearly not ready for them yet.

Peace-

Boris

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes & Yes. This game is polluted with low Win Rate players right now. I've played 3 games in a row this morning wherein I was the only +50%er on my team. wth, WG? Get your MM together and put some restrictions on tier climbers.

Edited by Meat_Locker, 23 March 2017 - 01:59 PM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #4 Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12140 battles
  • [COD]
Don't rush up the tiers. Please. I looked at your Blitzstars page and have come to the conclusion that Boris is completely correct. Stay in lower tiers. I beg you.

PurpleishPotato #5 Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2264 battles
  • [07DFD]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 23 March 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Don't rush up the tiers. Please. I looked at your Blitzstars page and have come to the conclusion that Boris is completely correct. Stay in lower tiers. I beg you.

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 23 March 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

I'd be happy to platoon a few games and give you some base pointers.  I'm not purple, but I can turn your black into blue.

Peace-

Boris

Yeah I am. I rushed up to Cromwell but that was before I knew that was a problem, and now that I have it I'm just gonna keep it till I'm ready. I'm mastering all Tier II, III, and IVs before I go on with the Cromwell or Churchills.

Players who oppose DogFace can feel the cold, metallic, 122 millimeter end of my IS-6’s gun to

their face, and say bye bye to their precious RatBat as their dead body is dragged into a dark

corner to be left for the wolves.

Also tagged with Cruiser III, Cruiser IV, Covenanter, Crusader, Cromwell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users