D_M_G's Update 3.7 recap

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Wboys #1 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:24 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 27687 battles
  • [VRTX]

I am reposting this topic because it's a great recap of the update and deserves to be seen. Unfortunately, when DMG posted this the trolls really came out of the woodwork and started flaming so hard the topic was deleted. It's just sad that DMG can't even contribute to the community anymore because some people have nothing better to do than spew hatred. 

Update 3.7: Good Things Come in Small Boxes!

Hi all, with the release of update 3.7 and having had the opportunity to experience it for a little, I thought I’d do my usual post-update thoughts and reflections.  Overall, I thought WG did a fantastic job taking a few issues, analyzing them, and responding appropriately.  Let’s have a look!

Game Balance: Update 3.7: Up with fleas, down with loyalty, and WG bless America.

E 25 and E 25 #1 → Roughly 4 months ago, I submitted a report on the E25 and its shortcomings in the context of Blitz meta.  I argued that while the E25 has some great characteristics, the IS-spam at the time was killing it.  970 HP made the tank quite fragile, and the penetration was middling when you were trying to utilize the amazing DPM.  I argued for either a buff to penetration, or to traverse.  A WG employee responded saying that the strength of the E25 was (and I quote) “using it’s great sloped frontal armor to bounce shots” so that it may survive.  I’m not sure whether this was ignorance or trolling, but regardless, I’m glad WG gave the E25 some analysis time.  The increase in penetration is massive.  Long distance flea sniping now pays greater dividends and requires less relocation in the cramped quarters of Blitz maps.  This was a great move by WG and I hope it makes the E25 increasingly viable in public matches.  As for the HP buff, I don’t really know what 30+ HP is going to buy you on the field as your cockroach will still be a 3 shot for any 400 alpha tank you see, as well as 4-5 shots from most mediums.  I don’t really know what combination of damaging shots will make 30 more HP noticeably effective, but I’m not complaining.  The waterbug has technically broken the game…. No really! People have reported game crashes as a result of switching to those high penetration HEAT rounds!  However, I guess we’ll see how meta breaking the E25 will be.  I anticipate very good results.  This was a good move by WG: raising the skill ceiling of a hard to play tank.

WZ 135G FT Blaze → Let’s be glad they buffed it.  Maybe not by the proportion that most of us wanted, but now it isn’t useless.  Playing against it, I noticed the gun handling is noticeably better with buffs to both dispersion and aim time.  This tank still pales in comparison too it’s event TD cousin, but something is better than nothing.  I am hoping for another buff in the future to make it increasingly competitive.  Good move by WG, it could have been more, but I assume baby steps are better, and am so far in agreement.

T34 → While I have not played the Indy yet in a public match, I have played in scrimmages with it in training rooms and have had great results.  Additionally, the posts I have read recently appear to only give praise to the T34.  Now armed with the reload time of an IS-3 with twice the gun depression, the clown car is able to quite comfortably engage targets with faster ROF and better dispersion.  The HP buff is noticeable enough, and makes the tank feel more meaty.  Another great move by WG.  If you don’t have a T34 already, I really recommend picking one of these up.  I wonder if we can get that same gun handling for the T30?  Please?  Can’t hurt to ask.

Panther 8.8 → I stress quality over quantity with this set of buffs.  Glancing at the patch notes, you see a large quantity of buffs in various areas, but nothing substantial enough to create a worthwhile medium tank package.  I was hoping they would increase the rate of fire and the mobility and buff the HP to 1500 to make it increasingly competitive with the T-54 first prototype.  As it stands, the 54 mod. 1 or even the type 59 is still my go to tier 8 medium premium tank of choice.  Don’t get me wrong, the buffs are great, but it isn’t enough and certainly doesn’t warrant spending $34.99.  Hopefully it will receive more buffs in the future.

Glacial 112 → Fuel tanks moved.  Consequently, it’s now a more difficult tank to engage frontally.  Considering the atrocious gun handling, I would say this is a good decision.  Glacial drivers rejoice as they are no longer lit up in flames similar to a Jagdtiger.  Could this tank now be the best tier 8 heavy?  Possibly, but I still prefer my Lowe and IS-6.  Time will tell.

M60 → I assume most of you who have been reading my content know how I feel about the M60.  It’s now balanced.  I don’t care if I don’t have it, but now tier 10 medium play is an even playing field.  It still has higher penetration than the 140 and 62a, but more importantly matches the penetration of the M48.  Good move.  I’m going to force myself to stop talking before I go on a rant about this.  Ok, next tank!

BDR G1 B → I don’t play tier 5, but I assume this was so unfair.  Ridiculous dpm combined with massive view range for a short while made this tank the premier seal clubber of choice.  While the broken aspects of the tank were taken away, it received some buffs as well, so BDR drivers didn’t come away empty handed.

T25 AT → It sorely needed a buff.  Maybe not as much as the T28 or the T95, but I’m glad they made the tank more competitive.  The frontal armor increase is now more of a trainer for tanks further up the tech tree, so the progression is more balanced and it makes it more distinct, with specific advantages compared to its American brother, the T25/2.

Vehicles in Tiers 1-3 → Have fun Kenny drivers, you will now have to fire 1 more round in order to obliterate any tank in sight.  Really WG?  At least make some of these tanks more competitive with the Kenny instead of making them more juicy.  Fattening of the cows (or in this case seals) before the slaughter.  Lovely.

New community Managers

While this has nothing to do with game balance directly, I also want to congratulate WG for what they appear to be doing.  If you haven’t been keeping up with the forums as of recent, it appears WG has been brought in some fresh blood into the Blitz mix.  With new staff such as Dogface and Dance210 (among others) coming into the public eye, I think they are trying to connect with the community more and establish more of a link between the forums and game improvements.  I may be wrong, but I like what they are doing.  The new staff profiles and conversational discussion between forumers and staff were a great PR move by WG, possibly ushering in a new era of interaction between player base and community.

Conclusion

I like what WG is doing.  While they are taking small steps, the update and recent forum changes appear to be working well.  I am hopeful for similar future updates and increased 2 way communication between business and customer.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,

No complaint shall escape my sight.

Let those who worship loyalty’s might

Beware my power--Dark Magic’s light!"

Dark_Magician_Girl

Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

KeenGear #2 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13459 battles
  • [BELLS]

DMG did a good job... 

Thank you for reposting.

RoadKutter #3 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 21466 battles
  • [III-H]
Omfg  lol

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Wboys #4 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:35 AM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 27687 battles
  • [VRTX]

View Postaudeuce02, on 29 March 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Or just read the patch notes. Fan boys for the transboy

Patch notes are facts, these are opinions that help educate players on how those facts actually might effect the game. Stop hating on principle. I bet DMG could post a world class guide to every tank in the game and a summary of good sniping spots for every map and you'd still trash it. 

Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

woof_defender #5 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 26425 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Dang it got deleted. That was a really well written and thought out post, thanks for reposting. 

Favourite tank: T95

dayton07277 #6 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 11431 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postaudeuce02, on 29 March 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Or just read the patch notes. Fan boys for the transboy

Why?? Major phobia's perhaps??

_Dragongeddon #7 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 22313 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I love textwalls. 

dayton07277 #8 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 11431 battles
  • [CROWN]
+1 DMG !

dayton07277 #9 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 11431 battles
  • [CROWN]

View Postaudeuce02, on 29 March 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

If he wasn't a drama queen, I would welcome constructive information. Too much of him wanting to be in the spotlight. Since he likes competition, maybe he should go tryout for "Rupaul's Drag Race."

Wow !! Trump much!

Rage_And_Love #10 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28100 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View Postaudeuce02, on 30 March 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

If he wasn't a drama queen, I would welcome constructive information. Too much of him wanting to be in the spotlight. Since he likes competition, maybe he should go tryout for "Rupaul's Drag Race."

That's pretty inarticulate.  Maybe worry more about the content and less about your preconceived notions.

Three60Mafia #11 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13035 battles
  • [PURPL]
I don't see how any of that is so good that it had to be reposted. It's pretty much the most DUH observations and statements possible. 

Click on signature to be taken to full stat page!

audeuce02 #12 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34593 battles
  • [AUWDE]

View PostRage_And_Love, on 30 March 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

That's pretty inarticulate.  Maybe worry more about the content and less about your preconceived notions.

Come on fanboy, you can do better than that. The content was nothing more than his normal "everyone pay attention to me" wall of text. I don't care if he is a dude with tits, but always remember there are no chicks with [edited]. 

Volier_Zcit #13 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

• Administrator
  • 161 battles
  • [ROKN]
The original thread is available again. I need to hide it while I was moderating it. Closing this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users