British TDs M103 etc.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13474 battles
  • [HATED]

When the gun module gets hit, it has a 33% chance of getting hit. When it gets it, it absorbs all the damage of that shot regardless of the ammo type. Use this to your advantage! Example:

You're in a Tortoise, engaged in a duel. Between shots, raise your gun so that it's between your enemy's gun and your driver's hatch. This can make the difference between a win and a loss in that duel, because if 33% of the enemy's shots are getting slurped up by your gun then you'll have a huge advantage. 

You could also perhaps use this to help out your team. If you're in a Grille or 183 or some other tank with a huge gun, then every once in a while during a brawl you could turn your gun so that it is directly in front of a teammate's driver's hatch. Obviously, you have to actually fight, but if you notice an enemy's reload is almost finished and you've already fired your shot and back into cover, blocking a shot with your gun can't hurt. 

I played against a M103 in my T-62A. He was hull down, and kept raising his gun after he shot. The effect was quite visible; his gun saved him from 2 shots. That might not seem like a lot, but blocking 700 HP worth of damage can change the outcome of a battle.

Bronyman50 #2 Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26568 battles
  • [PURPL]
Cool beans

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

CrazyHunter13 #3 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7211 battles

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 03 April 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

When the gun module gets hit, it has a 33% chance of getting hit. When it gets it, it absorbs all the damage of that shot regardless of the ammo type. Use this to your advantage! Example:

You're in a Tortoise, engaged in a duel. Between shots, raise your gun so that it's between your enemy's gun and your driver's hatch. This can make the difference between a win and a loss in that duel, because if 33% of the enemy's shots are getting slurped up by your gun then you'll have a huge advantage. 

You could also perhaps use this to help out your team. If you're in a Grille or 183 or some other tank with a huge gun, then every once in a while during a brawl you could turn your gun so that it is directly in front of a teammate's driver's hatch. Obviously, you have to actually fight, but if you notice an enemy's reload is almost finished and you've already fired your shot and back into cover, blocking a shot with your gun can't hurt. 

I played against a M103 in my T-62A. He was hull down, and kept raising his gun after he shot. The effect was quite visible; his gun saved him from 2 shots. That might not seem like a lot, but blocking 700 HP worth of damage can change the outcome of a battle.

yea the gun barrel can be a straight up troll in situations like these

Silevern #4 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:45 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17616 battles

Super risky, it's like bringing a bulletproof vest the size of an iPad and trying to block a bullet with it, but yes it works sometimes.

Will take a lot of practice and even then in no way guarantees a bounce. Keep in mind as well that there's a chance the impact will destroy your gun, which sucks if you're using something inaccurate. Happened to me in my WT auf Pz. IV all the time... was the absolute worst 

christian1470 #5 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39217 battles

About 25000 battles ago I faced off in a m103 against another m103 in the open maybe at 50 yards. He ruined me. Basically, he'd shoot and then spin both thumbs as fast as he could on the controls. The whole tank just did a crazy wiggly jig which completely ruined my autoaim. I missed every shot, at which point he'd just stop, aim, fire, and resume his little dance. 

Yes yes, I have learned much since then, like turning off autoaim for annoying people like this guy, but still, it's worth trying if you get caught out. 

ALHAU84 #6 Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]
Very insightful, man. Nice work. 

ALHAU84 #7 Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postchristian1470, on 03 April 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

About 25000 battles ago I faced off in a m103 against another m103 in the open maybe at 50 yards. He ruined me. Basically, he'd shoot and then spin both thumbs as fast as he could on the controls. The whole tank just did a crazy wiggly jig which completely ruined my autoaim. I missed every shot, at which point he'd just stop, aim, fire, and resume his little dance. 

Yes yes, I have learned much since then, like turning off autoaim for annoying people like this guy, but still, it's worth trying if you get caught out. 

I do that in my AT's or T28. I just shake it like a Polaroid picture. & yes, I sing that part whilst performing that shake

Leadf00t #8 Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles

Once bounce, one eaten shot by the gun, and you turn a 1:1 loss into a win.

Good post.

Also tagged with British TDs, M103, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users