New 3.8 Equipment System Complicated?

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

WriterDude #101 Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View Post4sfield, on 06 April 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

It's bad enough already doing what you have to do to win with a team full of worthlessness. I'm not interested in having to go back and grind equipment for tanks I should already be maxed out on due to experience. This is a scam. 

We don't know whether we'll need to grind equipment or not. If it's a scam, it's a peculiar scam, because it's not clear what benefit they gain.

Let's say a kid shows up at your door and says they will mow your front lawn for free. Without more information, most homeowners would decline, because they don't understand what the kid gets out of the deal. The proposed deal seems out of balance, so they assume there's some hidden thing that creates balance in some way. They'd think in terms of "what on earth could this cost me?"

Then let's say a kid shows up at your door and offers to mow your front yard for free, if you'll post a positive Yelp review before they start. Again, most homeowners would decline, because they're dealing with a tangible (the review, even a review you could take back later) for an intangible (whatever that kid is going to do in the front yard). The proposal is not balanced. 

On the other hand, let's say a kid shows up at your door and says they will mow your front yard for free, if you'll give them a positive Yelp review if you're satisfied after they finish. They're proposing a realistic deal, a tangible for a tangible. Almost everyone would do that.

Hard to conclude anything at this point. We need more information to understand how to interpret this proposal.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

redmanm #102 Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Vader's Fist

• Players
  • 24966 battles
  • [DEF_V]

View PostWriterDude, on 06 April 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hard to conclude anything at this point. We need more information to understand how to interpret this proposal

#betaproud

CptCheez #103 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

It doesn't SEEM complicated on the surface, but then again, I didn't think Crew Skills were either...but those still required an extensive FAQ/Guide to be created.  I'm sure the same will be required for this.

The better question is - Was this change really necessary?  To me, this whole thing says to me, "Hey players, we noticed you all hate our mission system.  Here's a way to force you to do them anyway!"

I absolutely despise the notion that we will be required to grind missions to unlock equipment slots on new tanks.  That's a horrendous decision and I can't understand how it made it past the leadership at WG.  If there's one thing they've ever done that makes me think they don't listen to player feedback, it's this one.

Edited by CptCheez, 06 April 2017 - 05:08 PM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

NICKEL_AND_DIME #104 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 52299 battles
  • [III]

It was mentioned several pages back (I think) and it is worth revisiting.  It is entirely possible that all these new equipment slots will yield less overall improvement than before (think camo net nerf, but now to other things like the Vertical Stabilizer, rammer, etc). 

I think it will be more adjustments and corrections we as players have to make, to end up with a slightly nerfed result when compared to before 3.8.  I say this because it's what we have as a previous example from WG. 

_ArmoredGlassCannon #105 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18626 battles
  • [DRSIA]
Pls. WG, don't give us more reason to quit playing this game by implementing more foolish features. This will also make **obs chase missions that will be harder for them to obey what I say at the start of battle. :<

"Give an anime fan any object, and they will find a way to want to stick their ***k in it" — Gigguk

"IDF super op military uses ancient M103 and makes them bullet proof with sand bags. F****ing op military moments." — mike82198

CptCheez #106 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 06 April 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

It was mentioned several pages back (I think) and it is worth revisiting.  It is entirely possible that all these new equipment slots will yield less overall improvement than before (think camo net nerf, but now to other things like the Vertical Stabilizer, rammer, etc). 

I think it will be more adjustments and corrections we as players have to make, to end up with a slightly nerfed result when compared to before 3.8.  I say this because it's what we have as a previous example from WG. 

I have no doubt that will be the case.  There's no way they're going to switch from 3 active Equipment slots to 9 and still keep the same buffs on each.

razernaga2014 #107 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

I drink and I know things.

• Players
  • 12045 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostGentleNova, on 06 April 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Concur.

Customer: “My engine is making weird noises. ”

Mechanic: “Alrighty, well lets take a look at your tail lights then.”

more like

WG- "Welcome to Wargaming Mehanic shop. How can we help you?"

Customer-" Hello my radio is broken.  Can you fix it?"

WG- "Certainly, however I notice that you don't use the heat in your car.  Is it broken?"

Customer-  "My heat isn't working in my car, but I never use it because I live in the tropics."

WG- "alrighty then let's get you a new engine, and for [edited]and giggles, we're going to revamp your dashboard so you have to relearn it again.  

Customer- "I didn't ask for that."

I have quit the game for now.  It is no longer what I began playing in 2014, and while change is not inherently bad, it is also not inherently good either.  

How To Crossfire

Former [SPUD] longtime member

CptCheez #108 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postrazernaga2014, on 06 April 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

WG- "alrighty then let's get you a new engine, and for [edited]and giggles, we're going to revamp your dashboard so you have to relearn it again.  

More like this:

WG - "Welcome to Wargaming Mechanic shop. How can we help you?"

Customer - "Hello, nothing is broken.  I'm only here because you told me I had to bring my car in or you'd repossess it."

WG - "Yes, that's right.  We noticed that you don't use the heat or CD player in your car.  Are they broken?"

Customer -  "They work just fine, but I never use them because I live in Florida and stream music through my iPhone."

WG - "Excellent.  In that case, we're going to revamp your entire car and make you choose between Headlights or Air Conditioning, and between Bluetooth or Brakes.  How does that sound?"  

Customer - "Uh, no, that sounds terrible.  What if I want to use A/C AND Headlights?  Don't do that..."

WG - "Done!  Thanks for visiting!  Oh, did we mention that we also dimmed your headlights and set a max temperature on your A/C of 80 degrees?"

Edited by CptCheez, 06 April 2017 - 05:22 PM.

j0nn0 #109 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 18372 battles
  • [XREGS]

View Postglass2707, on 06 April 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is idiotic and will drive people away from the game.  

There's been many a good comment on this thread, far too many to quote so I will just quote the one above. It's complicated as all hell and will drive many away on the short term and discourage new players from continuing once they realize that each new tank they get is a crap ton more grinding and agonizing crap teams to get [edited]that should already be free or available.

I'm not saying that the new system can't be "dynamic" or whatever WG's current hot word is right now, but they really need to rethink their implimentation and communication. 

In response to the mission drive comment a page or two back, I think I am one of the few who regularly aim for mission completion for the benefits they provide. I'm F2P 100% and don't play all that much each day so the 1k exp gain and 50-100k credits benefit me greatly on the long run. The way I see it, their mission system has merely become a catchall for any new grind or reward implimentations simply for the fact that it is already in place. They don't want to make a new system for grind events or other things so it gets shoved into the mission rewards.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Silver_Lions #110 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Illegitimi non Carborundum

• Players
  • 19120 battles
  • [GHOST]
The silence from the mods, including Dogface, is deafening

_feelsokman #111 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7822 battles
This could cause alot of people to finally quit the ame for good, specially if they remove the equipment you already have on your tanks.
DRSI4

CptCheez #112 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostMike_Havel, on 06 April 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

This could cause alot of people to finally quit the ame for good, specially if they remove the equipment you already have on your tanks.

There's no *if* about it.  The WILL remove all existing equipment, and give us Spare Parts in exchange to unlock new equipment slots.  We won't even get back ANY of the Credits we spent on all that Equipment.

_feelsokman #113 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7822 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 06 April 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

There's no *if* about it.  The WILL remove all existing equipment, and give us Spare Parts in exchange to unlock new equipment slots.  We won't even get back ANY of the Credits we spent on all that Equipment.

aint that a load of crap ill let my premium time run out and prob uninstall the game, spend my money on armored warfare.
DRSI4

CC_Sly #114 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

Community Lead

• Players
  • 3092 battles
  • [WGA]

View Post_1204_, on 06 April 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

Seems implied. Idk tho

@dogface or sly needs to make a official Q and A. 

Once I have enough info to properly explain this - I will do an FAQ / Q&A session.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

spalling_apart #115 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

Oops, I spalled

• Players
  • 29833 battles
  • [III]

View PostCptCheez, on 06 April 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

The big question for me is what will the exchange rate be. Better be good for all the money I've spent on equipment...

CptCheez #116 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postspalling_apart, on 06 April 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

The big question for me is what will the exchange rate be. Better be good for all the money I've spent on equipment...

I would *hope* that if you currently have a tank with 3 pieces of Equipment mounted, especially if it's 3 of the most expensive, that will give you back enough Spare Parts to unlock all slots on that tank under the new system.  But who knows at this point...

Tomio_Hara #117 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22417 battles
  • [SR-72]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 April 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Once I have enough info to properly explain this - I will do an FAQ / Q&A session.

Thank you, it is needed. Your video on the tournament ticket system actually explained a lot for me and for others, and I hope another one would do the same for this.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

spalling_apart #118 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:44 PM

Oops, I spalled

• Players
  • 29833 battles
  • [III]

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 April 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Thanks, Sly, we knew you would but where is the fun in waiting until we have all the info to complain?

Edited by spalling_apart, 06 April 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Chariot_Solace #119 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 38190 battles
  • [_STR8]

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille, IS-7, AMX 50B, WZ-113, STB-1, VK 72.01(K). Lines I'm Grinding: 121(VIII), FV215B(VIII), FV4202(VII), IS-4(VIII), T-62A(VIII), Obj. 268(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, M41 90mm, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, IS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, 112 Glacial, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i, T-34-2, Firefly, VK 100.01(P), Jagdtiger 10.5cm, Dicker Max, VK 45.03, T34 Indy, T-150, Type 64, AMX M4 49, Skorpion G, WZ-111 1-4, Ram II, Jackson, Super Pershing, T-44, T-43, Mäuschen, AMX 30 Proto, Lorraine 40t, WZ-113, WZ-135G FT Blaze,

WMd76 #120 Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36952 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I swear to god, this is the worst implementation into blitz i've seen yet, and i've been playing since 1.0, i've seen some pretty dumb crap

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users