A WOT Blitz Mission Poll and Feedback thread

BCC feedback Mission feedback Mission poll Missions

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: WOT Blitz Mission Poll (254 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Apart from grind events, how often can you (or do you choose to) complete missions?

1. Twice a day (31 votes [12.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

2. Daily (63 votes [24.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.80%

3. A few times per week (48 votes [18.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

4. Occasionally (42 votes [16.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.54%

5. Rarely, I do not pay attention to missions (59 votes [23.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.23%

6. Never, I completely ignore missions (11 votes [4.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.33%

Are you satisfied with the two fixed reset times?

1. Highly satisfied, I love the reset times and can easily do both sets every day (9 votes [3.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

2. Satisfied, I'm fine with the time and can complete missions (24 votes [9.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

3. Neutral (53 votes [20.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.87%

4. Dissatisfied, the times are not good and I struggle to complete two sets of missions (99 votes [38.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.98%

5. Highly dissatisfied, with the current times I cannot complete two sets of missions (69 votes [27.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.17%

Given that a number of battles and a new tank purchase in a certain tier can affect your next set of missions, are you satisfied with the way you currently are assigned missions?

1. Highly satisfied, mission assignment works absolutely great (5 votes [1.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

2. Satisfied, mission assignment seems okay to me (18 votes [7.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

3. Neutral (29 votes [11.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.42%

4. Dissatisfied, mission assignment needs some improvement (105 votes [41.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.34%

5. Highly dissatisfied, mission assignment seriously needs fixing (97 votes [38.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.19%

Should a Battle Mode Selector [ Encounter | Both | Supremacy ] be added to the mission assignment system?

1. No, missions should be random, regardless of the player's battle preference mode (14 votes [5.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.51%

2. Neutral (23 votes [9.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

3. Yes, missions should follow player preference (encounter only = no supremacy missions & supremacy only = no encounter missions) (217 votes [85.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.43%

Should a Tier Selector be added to the mission assignment system?

1. No, mission assignment is fine as is (15 votes [5.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.91%

2. Neutral (28 votes [11.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

3. Yes, allow players to pick one or more tiers for their missions (211 votes [83.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.07%

Are you satisfied overall with the way missions are currently implemented?

1. Highly satisfied, the mission system is great (4 votes [1.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.57%

2. Satisfied (22 votes [8.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.66%

3. Neutral (51 votes [20.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.08%

4. Dissatisfied (111 votes [43.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.70%

5. Highly dissatisfied, the mission system is bad (66 votes [25.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.98%

Vote Hide poll

acrisis #1 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Missions in WOT Blitz started with update 1.8 in 2015, to allow players to primarily gain some extra xp and credits; but also free xp, crew xp and sometimes premium time; by completing missions in a defined tier and/or tank type. At that time we saw the daily resets reduced from three times a day to twice a day. A move that certainly limited the extra amount of bonus xp a very active player could grind per day on his/her project tanks and gave a nudge to completing missions for xp; with the benefits of some credits and other perks. 

While many people chose to more or less ignore missions due to the tier or tanks that the mission algorithm picks (combined with the single free skip per day and gold cost for other ones); since then missions have become more of necessity because of the credit crunch in tier ix and x; and are now required for participating in grind events, earning tournament entry tickets and with the next update missions with also be used for the unlocking of equipment slots.

The way missions are implemented right now (based on broad feedback and daily - weekly forum threads) and their rewards (which have changed over time to include many small kinds of tokens, boosters and partial beneficial things) seems to lead to a lot of frustrations.

There are a lot of complaints about the reset times (which are a global reset for all servers decided by the RU server time), grind events where both sets must be completed daily, some really difficult missions, platoon missions, supremacy missions, lack of supremacy games in some tiers, the fact that any number of battle may or may not reset the mission tier, the tier level gets reset by buying a tank (which may be beneficial to many but also a struggle if it is your first tank in a certain tier and/or you don’t have the credits yet for crew and equipment), etc., etc.

After you complete the poll, please take a brief moment to reply about what you personally like / don’t like about the current system, what you wish would be improved and how you would fix missions if it were up to you.

One brilliant recent suggestion (I forgot to screenshot who posted it) was to scrap reset times altogether and just have one sheet of 6 missions per day.

What other ideas do you have that we may be able to feature in a followup poll and/or do a mockup with and present to wargaming?

Special thanks goes to fellow workgroup members of the BCC, NA-reps & NA-guests for their suggestions, edits and comments.

If you missed the previous poll about the Goose Event, it can be found: http://forum.wotblit...eedback-thread/

Edited by acrisis, 09 April 2017 - 08:40 PM.

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

r4zrbl4de #2 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14016 battles
  • [ATLS]
Reset times are awful for anyone in school/going to work. They reset at the weirdest times so whenever I eventually am able to play, which is after school, I miss the reset that happens during school. As a result, I can only complete one set of missions per day, which really doesn't help for grinding events. Perhaps you could have a system wide reset at 12:00 AM for each time zone, not sure how complicated that would be, and have players be able to do a full mission reset whenever they want (a button, like the current "Skip mission" button) once a day.

Archeron_HP #3 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10514 battles
  • [-VK-]
Im in school when my missions reset, mostly why i missed the Helsing/Dracula event, i did the math and if they could have reset around 6 p.m. my time it would have been easier and i would have been able to grind to the Helsing.

woof_defender #4 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 26425 battles
  • [ANEKI]

I'm lucky with the reset times. My school time starts at 9am and I get to school at 8am. As well as the missions reset at 7am and 1 pm for me. So I'm luck with that.

However, I hate being forced to do supremacy missions and how the tier is selected by what tier you play. If you could select what tier you want your missions, that would be a huge improvement. I usually play random tiers but during the grind events, I want the end reward so I feel forced to play a certain tier. 

Great thread though. +1

Edited by woof_defender, 09 April 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Favourite tank: //T95\\ (It was a balanced before it was nerfed)Amx elc bis damage record holder ^_^

_Dragongeddon #5 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

LetsMakeTheForumsBurnSomeMore

• Players
  • 22313 battles
  • [PRAMO]
The final nail in the coffin for missions was Storage and the "pieces" of stuff. I completely gave up with missions after that and any remaining interest in say, a day of premium for doing a mission was gone.

Zennosha #6 Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24078 battles
  • [ANEKI]

Get rid of mission based events. Make the mission system like on PC where you have all the time in the world to finish them. Just sell me premium tanks for a reasonable price, don't put the starting price at 14000 gold for a mediocre tank.

Be like WoT PC where even if you don't want to do the missions to unlock for free, the tank is still reasonably priced. For example, the T-44-100 missions, you don't want to do them? Just pay $45 for the tank (a reasonable price). T25 Pilot, don't wanna do the missions? $32. WoTB, don't wanna do the missions for the Mutant? $70. Yes, $70 for a tank in a mobile game. Not even WoT will rob you that badly. That's why all my spending has gone to WoT and none to WoTB, because everything is such a sham. 

Edited by MikeZapTheTrapsPence, 09 April 2017 - 08:50 PM.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

Check my profile for your ANIME needs or PM me!

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

_stnick #7 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

HO HO HO!

• Players
  • 13131 battles

Personally, I try to complete the missions each day because of the rewards that they give, but the reset schedule keeps me from completing all 6 each day.  On a normal weekday I can only complete 3, while on weekends I can complete all 6.  

I believe that a several things could happen to improve mission resets.  The first 3 involve changing from 2 reset periods to just one (once every 24 hours). 1, we could get 3 missions at a time and once a mission is completed it is replaced with a second.  This would happen only once for each of the 3 missions.  After that the regular mission reset rules would apply (i.e. you have to pay x amount of gold to get another mission and missions reset every 24 hours).  2, we could get all 6 missions at once. Once these missions are completed regular reset rules could apply.  And 3, we get 3 missions at a time, and once ALL 3 missions are completed then we get another 3 missions.  After that regular reset rules apply.  The last idea that I have is that we could choose when reset happens.  For flexibility's sake, WG could either let us freely pick our reset times or they could have a few options that we pick from. For example WG could offer the 6 hour period to last from 6:00-12:00 EDT, 9:00-15:00 EDT, or 12:00-18:00 EDT, and we would have to pick one of those three options.

As far as mission tiers go, they don't bug me too much (it does still bug me though) but it would be nice if I could pick the tier that I want my missions at, so when events come up I could set my missions to tier 10 without worrying about them changing.

And finally, although this does not affect me too much because I play with supremacy on all the time, I believe that if supremacy mode is turned off, then we should not get supremacy missions.

Edited by _stnick, 09 April 2017 - 09:12 PM.

*Unless explicitly stated, all posts I make are not representative of the BCC or it's Workgroup*

-----Blitz University-----

Do you want to get better at Blitz? Join Blitz University here --> https://discord.gg/d3HHkz4

Modern_Neanderthal #8 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 27756 battles
  • [BOWL]

I wish WG would fix supremacy missions too. Sometimes you don't want them, sometimes you do. There have been many threads about fixing this. 

Additionally, there is a supremacy mission where you have to "seize 30 victory points from the enemy in supremacy mode". It also says "each enemy vehicle you destroy earns you 30-40 victory points", but I have only gotten 10 points per destroyed enemy vehicle more often than not. Which is it? I really think this was the first vague thing WG did, leading to this really vague grind event we are dealing with now. 

pgrass101 #9 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [III-C]

Being forced to play in only certain tiers because I just bought a tank or played the last 6 battles in one tier is annoying. The tournament coupons have made me not care about participating in another tournament. I don't like having to grind repeatative missions in the same tier and find that it gets boring. 

Please let let us pick a range of tiers that missions can be from. 

MajorPunch #10 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 30103 battles
  • [INVCT]

It's frustrating when there are grinding events (special tanks) and I have to complete the missions, and if somehow I can't make it I have no option but to conform myself and say good bye to the special tank because i lost one day or a set of missions, aside of other stuff i think it is a big mistake WG removed the last system in which they reset the missions 3 times a day it was just better even for active players who can be benefited for playing and get nice rewards for being active. I remember well that after just one day it was only twice and did not see any new from WG announcing that change, even though if WG announced i think it's just better to reset missions and give more freedom to the player to reach tanks easier on either a standard account and way better with premium account.

Now it's so frustrating to wait for only twice a day to maybe get a special tank, it seems that WG is just appealing to the money of new players whom if they cannot reach the tank on time, they will give away money, and that is not fair when it comes to active veteran players who are supporting the whole game since he beginning.

acrisis #11 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

A possible advanced mission selector screen, should WG choose to expand the number of missions so that there are plenty to go around in both battle modes.

The tier selector would be the same as with the filter in the garage, allowing you to select none, one, more.

That way you don't have to worry about mentoring with somebody in low tier, helping somebody in a high tier, ... and all shades of players on the battle mode spectrum get the benefit of choosing missions they like / can more easily complete, whether only encountered, only supremacy or both.  

Edited by acrisis, 09 April 2017 - 09:17 PM.

Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Silevern #12 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17240 battles

Biggest complaint that I've heard over time is that the missions are deliberately designed to make you give up and pay money to get the tank. The grinds are horrendously long, and difficult to do because of the bizarre reset time schedule. It's as if WG want to force us to give up and just pay money rather than tolerate the grind even more.

acrisis #13 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
Six allowed missions per day, one free skip, missions reset daily with server reset (no timer changes based on the original reset time in RU) 
Same additional options to lock down the mission tier. 

milesonaught #14 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 10323 battles

Screw missions and everything else that alters my intentions. Fed up to here. (holds a 20' stick with a taped on pencil to a white wall and stands on tippy-toes)

When I see a mission that basically tells a moron to yolo across the map and spot the enemy I want to break my device. When someone asks me to failtoon with them because they have to platoon in t9 for 10 battles I want to break wargaming's devices. I don't have a t9 tank and someone with 500 matches shouldn't have one either.

Please add an option to the poll on what to do with all their kidnapped pets. I have a plan based on a movie I saw about kidnapping pets as hostages. 

Edited by milesonaught, 09 April 2017 - 09:34 PM.

PlusSizeSkinnyJeans #15 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 14713 battles
  • [DD-R]

The new system is designed to force the F2P crowd into spending money.

To me its seems they are tired of giving away Free Tanks. 

So they have designed a very complex system. This system is confusing and complex. This is to hide the reality that you are basically grinding for a coupon that reduces the cost of the Tanks. Which basically end up being the cost in Gold of their current same Tier Premium counterparts. 

And at the same time. Fleece the long term WW into buying ridiculously over priced Tanks. 34k for those two Tanks, please.

As a "Loyal Whale", this Event was a huge turn-off. 

It oozes with Greed.

Btw. Has (1) single person won either of these Tanks using the Lottery Program?

I have yet to see a Thread gloating about getting a Free Tank on the first spins, like the CDC Fleecing.

I chose to sit this out. Ive played around (4) Games this week.

Plus I finally Downloaded War Thunder and started playing it while these Events go on.

I wonder if WG marketing forgot that there are more options than the remedial Maze they thought they had their Mice trapped in.

Fail WG.

As productive as that is, I've seen your stats. You aren't even good at predicting the present.

-clever_pseudonym 

acrisis #16 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
Miles ... how about the idea that ALL MISSION completions require a WIN?

That should prevent suicide YOLO-ing,RAMMING, ...  

milesonaught #17 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 10323 battles

View Postacrisis, on 09 April 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Miles ... how about the idea that ALL MISSION completions require a WIN?

That should prevent suicide YOLO-ing,RAMMING, ...  

The people who get these missions have no experience with the win part. I hear you. Sounds totally doable.. until you play a couple matches with 12,483 people on the server with a total of 26,211 matches all trying to spot 3 tanks, platoon 10 times.. yikes it's unplayable for 50 reasons and they jist keep adding another.

milesonaught #18 Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 10323 battles
If you don't add the pet kidnapping choice I will make my own thread. I swear.

RoadKutter #19 Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 21466 battles
  • [III-H]

Voted!

Before the clock went forward I was able to play in the am before work, now I'm down to the second reset. I feel going back to 3 would let me still get tworse sets of missions. Sure some of the people would get 3 resets and that might put a kink in mission based tank grinds. But if the Goose grind is a sign of things to come and we will only see a discount at the end then it might work.

I like the idea of choosing mission tiers and which mode. I believe that havin a grouping of tiers would work best. Maybe tier 1 to 3, 4 to 6 and 7 to 10 would allow an even spread. This would also prevent of only tuning tier 10 missions during a grind.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

__Crusader6__ #20 Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 41942 battles
  • [III]

Honestly I usually only paid attention to missions in X/9 to try to offset some of the costs. 

Having all the tank lines fully ground and all the tanks owned, and all the crew skills, I really despise getting exp reward missions - they do me no good, and thus don't make me interested in completing them. 

I wish WG could tailor the missions to give players useful rewards.  

Furthermore, I despise Dumbremacy, I'll skip those most of the time.  

Which is annoying as they are often followed by another Dumbremacy.   I'd like to turn those off for missions like I can in game...

The reset times - it appears these are based off RU, as all Blitz mission resets occur at the same times.   Great for the Russian server, but poor for EU, NA and Asia.   It would be nice if they could either split the reset times to be more accommodating for regions OR adopt a 24hr clock with 6 missions/24hr period. 

My biggest pet peeve about the missions, is that they bring out the stupid in an already challenged playerbase. Some missions are totally counterproductive to the team winning.   IMHO EVERY mission should require one to also win.   

I think WG has significantly brain damaged the feeble playerbase with the sort of missions that can promote yolo's or camping in less skilled players.  

Join the BCC, let's make Blitz great again together https://discord.gg/cdDdKMw

Certified Tank Hoarder: 296 tanks in Garage (43 now equipped thx 3.8), 274/297 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~mostly former wallet warrior

WANTED: SPARE PARTS...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users