Queues, Teams, and a Path Forward From Here

training rooms clan battles awesome

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

WriterDude #1 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 23053 battles

We see constant complaints here about poor teams, and potatoes, and afk players. I've been trying to get my head around why that happens. Some have said it's a flood of new players into the game. Some have said that it's due to reckless players rushing up to higher tiers. Those explanations are both partly true, but they're not the whole answer, because those trends would tend to self-correct over time.

The actual problem is that Wargaming has built experiences into the game that splinter the player base and draw talent out of the public queues. I am pretty certain now that public play is impaired by divisions. Supremacy vs. Encounter. Same-control mode to avoid PC advantages over mobile devices. Pub rooms vs. Training Rooms. Tournaments vs. public queues.

Some of those experiences are so compelling that they draw people away from public queues. I just had my first experience in a training room last night. Played two battles, won one and lost one. It was an insanely great experience. At start, 7 tanks moving with purpose. Both teams maneuvering properly, doing everything right. Every mistake was magnified. It was almost stupidly awesome. Given the choice, who wouldn't choose to play *that* game instead of pub Blitz?

The problem with these experiences is that they split the game. The game has fractured into channels that each drain away talented players, but nothing has successfully returned talented players to the pub battles. That's one reason WG is pushing missions - they're desperate for something to draw the player base back together and spread the player talent out into the public queues again. But missions are not a win-win, so they're generating a lot of resentment. 

Skilled players who repeatedly get poor teams are going to play fewer pub games. Skilled players alienated from the game because of awkward missions are going to play less in general. So who do you have left in the pub queues? Players building their skills. Players who don't take the game seriously. Players who don't really understand what they're doing. Players who choose ineffective map strategies. Why do pub teams seem worse? Because they are worse. Compounding the problem, skilled players have left the game entirely or in part because of these problems, or only play in particular experiences like Training Rooms. More will leave if the push toward missions continues.

How do you fix it, though? We need to fix game problems, enhance the game experience, and build a sustainable forward path for the platform. You'll note that these suggestions are exactly that. I'm not demanding change, just asking for something better than what we have now, and I think we could improve things a lot. 

Here are my suggestions, not ranked in priority order. I realize this is a long list, but I'd love to hear what people think:

1. Make missions incidentally achievable rather than requiring a separate effort. It's fine to link missions to things like equipment selections - that helps to nerf the bots and tier racers - but don't do it in such a way that people are impossibly impaired. Ideally, you would also significantly improve mission rewards. 40k credits is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not going to generate a warm happy glow. How about occasionally offering a 200,000k "Mission Master Class" bonus? 

2. Fix missions so that people who aren't in Supremacy mode don't get Supremacy missions, and so people can set their mission tiers.

3. Remove as many things as possible that split the queues. Set Training Rooms only for clans and specific individuals invited to the rooms. Get rid of the formal Tournament structure, and let a training room "side" go into a Tournament queue where they could match up against another training room "side." 

4. Remove same-control mode. Put mobile devices into their own queues and PC/Mac players into their own queues. WG, you shouldn't use your large mobile player base as a shortcut to grow your PC/Mac user base. They're different user populations with different experience design needs and different expectations.

5. Freeze all efforts on new features. Invest heavily in software refactoring, bug elimination, and game experience design. Spend two full development cycles fixing the game. Fix the Ghost Rounds bug. Rebalance vehicles.

6. Redesign the garage to improve vehicle management for players with >30 vehicles. Allow players to do multi-vehicle equipment placement. Put a "Prammo Tag" on the garage icon so players can know at a glance whether a tank shoots HEAT, APCR, HESH, or what have you.

7. Improve stats reporting, including performance per map and aggregate performance per tier. (This should also be broken out into the Blitz Assistant app, just to make that more meaningful.)

8. Automate the exception/restoration process for tanks - makes no sense to force players to send tickets into WG support, or limit the number of times we can buy, sell, and re-buy vehicles. Once we've earned them, we should have easier access to them.

9. Stop digging the game deeper and making it more complex. Simplify your events. Never implement complexity that players aren't free to ignore. This is WoTB, not WoT. Blitz, blitz, blitz BLITZY blitz.

10. Triple the number of maps. Double the size of the maps. Give the players test maps that you haven't fully play tested yet, and let us feel like we're participating in growing the experience. 

11. Change the victory criteria. Set victory to be based on a) killing 7 enemy tanks; b) reaching 1000 Supremacy points in that mode; c) battlefield performance, with 3 criteria: enemy tanks killed, aggregate damage done, and a "control the field" value (if players run off and hide, they can't win). Eliminate draws entirely.

12. Create tier groups. Instead of just a wide-open list of tiers I-X, set up tier groups. Tiers 1 & 2 are the entry tier group. Tiers 3 & 4. Tiers 5 & 6. And so on. Build a set of "Tier Challenges" at every even-numbered tier that people have to accomplish before they can move on to the next set of tiers.

13. Build a set of tutorials in-game that people have to complete before they advance past certain key tiers (V, VII, and IX), and before they move into a different category of vehicle. Add functional skill tutorials, such as for sidescraping, firing on moving targets, and defilade. Acknowledge that certain vehicles are extremely difficult to operate - tier VIII-X tank destroyers, for example, or tier X mediums - and add a specific tutorial for each of those.

14. Give people an actual sense of history in the game. Let us go back over the past month's worth of games and look at the detailed stats for the battles. Give us an asterisk in the game start screen to show that we've played against certain players before. 

15. Limit premium tank purchases to a player's highest tier tank plus 2. This will help to stop tier racers, bots, serial AFKs, and rerolls. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

ALHAU84 #2 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostWriterDude, on 10 April 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

We see constant complaints here about poor teams, and potatoes, and afk players. I've been trying to get my head around why that happens. Some have said it's a flood of new players into the game. Some have said that it's due to reckless players rushing up to higher tiers. Those explanations are both partly true, but they're not the whole answer, because those trends would tend to self-correct over time.

The actual problem is that Wargaming has built experiences into the game that splinter the player base and draw talent out of the public queues. I am pretty certain now that public play is impaired by divisions. Supremacy vs. Encounter. Same-control mode to avoid PC advantages over mobile devices. Pub rooms vs. Training Rooms. Tournaments vs. public queues.

Some of those experiences are so compelling that they draw people away from public queues. I just had my first experience in a training room last night. Played two battles, won one and lost one. It was an insanely great experience. At start, 7 tanks moving with purpose. Both teams maneuvering properly, doing everything right. Every mistake was magnified. It was almost stupidly awesome. Given the choice, who wouldn't choose to play *that* game instead of pub Blitz?

The problem with these experiences is that they split the game. The game has fractured into channels that each drain away talented players, but nothing has successfully returned talented players to the pub battles. That's one reason WG is pushing missions - they're desperate for something to draw the player base back together and spread the player talent out into the public queues again. But missions are not a win-win, so they're generating a lot of resentment. 

Skilled players who repeatedly get poor teams are going to play fewer pub games. Skilled players alienated from the game because of awkward missions are going to play less in general. So who do you have left in the pub queues? Players building their skills. Players who don't take the game seriously. Players who don't really understand what they're doing. Players who choose ineffective map strategies. Why do pub teams seem worse? Because they are worse. Compounding the problem, skilled players have left the game entirely or in part because of these problems, or only play in particular experiences like Training Rooms. More will leave if the push toward missions continues.

How do you fix it, though? We need to fix game problems, enhance the game experience, and build a sustainable forward path for the platform. You'll note that these suggestions are exactly that. I'm not demanding change, just asking for something better than what we have now, and I think we could improve things a lot. 

Here are my suggestions, not ranked in priority order. I realize this is a long list, but I'd love to hear what people think:

1. Make missions incidentally achievable rather than requiring a separate effort. It's fine to link missions to things like equipment selections - that helps to nerf the bots and tier racers - but don't do it in such a way that people are impossibly impaired. Ideally, you would also significantly improve mission rewards. 40k credits is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not going to generate a warm happy glow. How about occasionally offering a 200,000k "Mission Master Class" bonus? 

2. Fix missions so that people who aren't in Supremacy mode don't get Supremacy missions, and so people can set their mission tiers.

3. Remove as many things as possible that split the queues. Set Training Rooms only for clans and specific individuals invited to the rooms. Get rid of the formal Tournament structure, and let a training room "side" go into a Tournament queue where they could match up against another training room "side." 

4. Remove same-control mode. Put mobile devices into their own queues and PC/Mac players into their own queues. WG, you shouldn't use your large mobile player base as a shortcut to grow your PC/Mac user base. They're different user populations with different experience design needs and different expectations.

5. Freeze all efforts on new features. Invest heavily in software refactoring, bug elimination, and game experience design. Spend two full development cycles fixing the game. Fix the Ghost Rounds bug. Rebalance vehicles.

6. Redesign the garage to improve vehicle management for players with >30 vehicles. Allow players to do multi-vehicle equipment placement. Put a "Prammo Tag" on the garage icon so players can know at a glance whether a tank shoots HEAT, APCR, HESH, or what have you.

7. Improve stats reporting, including performance per map and aggregate performance per tier. (This should also be broken out into the Blitz Assistant app, just to make that more meaningful.)

8. Automate the exception/restoration process for tanks - makes no sense to force players to send tickets into WG support, or limit the number of times we can buy, sell, and re-buy vehicles. Once we've earned them, we should have easier access to them.

9. Stop digging the game deeper and making it more complex. Simplify your events. Never implement complexity that players aren't free to ignore. This is WoTB, not WoT. Blitz, blitz, blitz BLITZY blitz.

10. Triple the number of maps. Double the size of the maps. Give the players test maps that you haven't fully play tested yet, and let us feel like we're participating in growing the experience. 

11. Change the victory criteria. Set victory to be based on a) killing 7 enemy tanks; b) reaching 1000 Supremacy points in that mode; c) battlefield performance, with 3 criteria: enemy tanks killed, aggregate damage done, and a "control the field" value (if players run off and hide, they can't win). Eliminate draws entirely.

12. Create tier groups. Instead of just a wide-open list of tiers I-X, set up tier groups. Tiers 1 & 2 are the entry tier group. Tiers 3 & 4. Tiers 5 & 6. And so on. Build a set of "Tier Challenges" at every even-numbered tier that people have to accomplish before they can move on to the next set of tiers.

13. Build a set of tutorials in-game that people have to complete before they advance past certain key tiers (V, VII, and IX), and before they move into a different category of vehicle. Add functional skill tutorials, such as for sidescraping, firing on moving targets, and defilade. Acknowledge that certain vehicles are extremely difficult to operate - tier VIII-X tank destroyers, for example, or tier X mediums - and add a specific tutorial for each of those.

14. Give people an actual sense of history in the game. Let us go back over the past month's worth of games and look at the detailed stats for the battles. Give us an asterisk in the game start screen to show that we've played against certain players before. 

15. Limit premium tank purchases to a player's highest tier tank plus 2. This will help to stop tier racers, bots, serial AFKs, and rerolls. 

Writerdude for Development Head! Couldn't agree more!

WriterDude #3 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostALHAU84, on 10 April 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Writerdude for Development Head! Couldn't agree more!

I'd also push for Crusader6's ideas - he's very VERY sharp. I'd like to return to the +2/-2 MM.

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

ALHAU84 #4 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostWriterDude, on 10 April 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'd also push for Crusader6's ideas - he's very VERY sharp. I'd like to return to the +2/-2 MM.

If they fixed the pen on the lower tiers, I'd have no issue. Hell, I started out in +2/-2, so I know the struggle

ALHAU84 #5 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]
& hopefully, they'd add more stringent rules to moving up the tiers; possibly implementing a training for each  tier. A level of comprehension & testing that said comprehension is pertinent. Crusader would agree on that end.

Posit1ve_ #6 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 51361 battles
  • [_V_]

Wow. That was a long read. Here's what I think.

1. Ya, missions are stupid. IMO they should just scrap them or at least make it so they instantly reset without gold. WG is too stingy to give out huge rewards constantly though.

2. I don't get the hate for Supremacy. It's kind of unreasonable IMO. Rationally, getting Supremacy missions with Supremacy switched off is stupid, but I have no sympathy for that plight.

3. TR's in their current state are fine. Most of them are stupid "Prison" and "chill" rooms and the numbet of actual competitive matches is very limited. WG incentivizes people to play pubs by not letting you earn credits in TRs so you have to grind them eventually. Tournaments are a mess right now. No one is even playing them now because of a ton of reasons. I'll link a post here later

4.  I don't even think anyone has that switched on. If you turn that on and try to join a battle it takes like 3-5 minutes with no guarantees. I understand why it's there, but at this point, I agree it's more practical to remove it.

5. That's a BIG no from me. New content (tanks more specifically) is what keeps me coming back. WoTB doesn't really have any bugs. The "Ghost Shell" bug is unfixable because it's not a WG problem. It's caused by low frame rates and bad ping causing you to be unable to see a tracer and/or shell splash when you get a crappy RNG accuracy roll. The reason why WG can't recreate it to fix it is because it's not real. The only bugs I've ever experienced in WoTB was the invisible tanks after that one update, that one time when we had actual server side lag, and once my Windows 10 version was all pink and blue, but they were all hotfixed nearly immediately.

6. The last garage filter update was MASSIVELY helpful. I no longer have any complaints, and my garage is really freaking huge. The only time when I have any garage issues is when I buy an entire line and I have to outfit them all

7. Adding performance by map would be cool. Everything else is currently covered by 3rd party sites like Blitzstars.com

8. I also think the losing 50% of a vehicle sale value is stupid. But I understand why it's there. It'sap new players will have a harder time progressing without a premium tank or time since they lose half the value of what they have earned every time they move up a tier.

9. Agreed. I didn't even bother to try to understand this last event. I also wish these were less frequent instead of one every other patch,

10. Tripling the number of maps would be real confusing, and vastly increase client size. In order to diversify gameplay, what we need is PC's standard gamemode with 2 caps to try and break the lemming train meta. WG has been doing a better job of giving us test versions of maps like they did with new mines and dead rail. Also, what really needs fixing is map design. They're all starting to look the exact same now.

11. Agreed, draws are stupid. 

12. That's skill based MM in disguise. Also, getting rid of noobs will make your MM feel worse. See my copy pasta that I put everywhere.

13. No one likes tutorials. When's the last time you actually enjoyed a tutorial in any game? As much as people unreasonably hate noobs, tutorials is not the answer. That will just rapidly drop growth in the playerbase and create a dying game. No one wants to play through constant tutorials. Those who care to get better have plenty of resources, and it's no right to force those who don't into getting better. Even if you are successful in filtering out what we currently consider noobs, the average skill level just moves higher and you will still have noobs relative to the new standard. It's a hopeless quest.

14. That's a LOT of storage space. Like a LOT. It's not worth the multi-GB increase in client size. Cool, but currently unrealistic

15. Again, getting rid of "noobs" is a pointless quest. And racing up tiers is not as bad as it's made out to be. Once you see high level gameplay, you have something to work towards. No one learns anything by endlessly sealclubbing. Also, bots and AFK's are not the problem they're made out to be. Besides, if they're willing to spend $30 every month or so to create a new troll account, it helps ensure the continued development of Blitz

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Darkest_Flame #7 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21215 battles
  • [PRAMO]

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Might be a bit tough for WG to achieve, sounds easier than it really is.

4. Defiant no. If you've ever played PC before, you know the 2 minutes standard you have to wait to get a match. When it's bad, it's around 5 minutes. WG did a good thing merging the queues, and that's how I want it to stay. I still haven't seen any evidence of PC players having an advantage over Blitz players, unless that auto-aim bull is still flying around.

5. On the Fence. I haven't noticed bugs in a while, so I don't know what other people are experiencing. 

6. Agree

7. Agree

8. Agree

9. Agree

10. Agree with part 1, disagree with part 2. As you said in point 9, this is BLITZ, not WOT. Maps shouldn't be huge, because this is a 7 v 7 game, not a 15 v 15. I do want a much bigger map pool though it gets boring with the same map over and over again (got Canyon three times in a row over the weekend).

11. Agree

12. Agree

13. Agree

14. Probably a bit tough to implement for each and every player, it'll be a lot of data to store, that's for sure.

15. Agree

Might want to refine point 3, 4, 10, and 14. Everything else is agreed though. Most of this stuff is needed for the game to have a successful player base.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

General_WTSherman #8 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32663 battles
  • [TOX]

View PostWriterDude, on 10 April 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

I have found that fulfilling the missions incidentally through good gameplay is the way that works best for me.  I will play tanks based on meeting the requirements (ie---more mobile tanks or TD's for supremacy).  I always thought that all the missions should be tied to your team winning the battle

Agree

I don't agree with this.  The only real advantage on KBM is better zoom.  I play on an Ipad for convenience, but I have played on KBM before liked the touch version better.  They should nerf KBM zoom, or improve the touch pad zoom.

They really need to fix ghost shells and rebalance due to power creep

6. Redesign the garage to improve vehicle management for players with >30 vehicles. Allow players to do multi-vehicle equipment placement. Put a "Prammo Tag" on the garage icon so players can know at a glance whether a tank shoots HEAT, APCR, HESH, or what have you.

7. Improve stats reporting, including performance per map and aggregate performance per tier. (This should also be broken out into the Blitz Assistant app, just to make that more meaningful.)

I like this idea of breakdown per map.

8. Automate the exception/restoration process for tanks - makes no sense to force players to send tickets into WG support, or limit the number of times we can buy, sell, and re-buy vehicles. Once we've earned them, we should have easier access to them.

Only problem with this idea:  WG makes money selling garage slots; any easier access to previously earned tanks eats into their profits here

9. Stop digging the game deeper and making it more complex. Simplify your events. Never implement complexity that players aren't free to ignore. This is WoTReally need to fix ghost shellsB, not WoT. Blitz, blitz, blitz BLITZY blitz.

This latest event has been a dumpster fire.  I chose not to try because it was too complicated

I like the idea of bigger maps.  However, WG doesn't want to make the client file to big and this is a limiting factor to size and number of maps.

Agree---interestingly, world of warships does exactly what you describe

Would love to see any sort of improved game education.  I personally took about 8k games to start finding some of the available resources.  Hard to recover from that original 40% WR.  It is a testament to the quality of the game that I stuck it out.  Only became a wallet warrior after i started to improve, as improved ability yields greater enjoyment

Great idea!!!!

very thoughtful analysis.  I annotated my opinions within the original text in bold

Hope our NA server admins (CC sly and Dogface--are you looking at this) explore some of these ideas

Fiditydo #9 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22783 battles
  • [GUTEM]

Writer Dude you are awesome, may I add one point?

WE WANT OUR CHAT BACK!!!!!!!

ALHAU84 #10 Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25349 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostFiditydo, on 10 April 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Always add 1 point. Never ask. 

BorisBaddenov #11 Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23997 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostFiditydo, on 10 April 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

No WE dont -- YOU want it back.

Stop trying to speak for others.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

WriterDude #12 Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

• Players
  • 23053 battles

View PostFiditydo, on 10 April 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's less valuable. Everyone knows that post-death chat was badly abused. Even the post-death platoon bug resulted in people being abusive. What's the value of having a channel for abuse and hostility?

The game population is largely made up of teenage boys who are obsessed with status. That's why we saw the constant badgering, put-downs, and heckling in game. Every one of them had to establish some kind of pecking order. Heck, we even see that here on the Forums. In-game, people are front-loading their abuse now - I'm seeing more and more abusive remarks while the battle is forming. So it's only a matter of time before free-form chat is removed from the game entirely. I'm hopeful they'll replace it with a more extensive set of automated chat messages.

The post-game screen allows people to send messages after the battle, and that's quite a lot more constructive than anything I saw in-game. It's also somewhat easier to manage, because there are already systems to block people.

I've considered a lot of different things that might allow me to support restoring cross-battle chat or post-death chat. Reputation systems would be one way, for example. Unfortunately, none of them would prevent bad behavior, bullying, or abuse, so I can't support restoring chat beyond its current state. 

cheasesteak #13 Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19661 battles
  • [COD-R]

First off, many great ideas.  I support most of them.  

I also personally would avoid merging queues but some people don't care.  I think the current player choice on same control mode is the way to go. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

outersketcher #14 Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12721 battles
  • [COD-R]

A thoughtful, and optimistic post. This invites responses in the same manner. Thank you.

My thoughts on your suggestions.

1. Make missions incidentally achievable rather than requiring a separate effort. It's fine to link missions to things like equipment selections - that helps to nerf the bots and tier racers - but don't do it in such a way that people are impossibly impaired. Ideally, you would also significantly improve mission rewards. 40k credits is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not going to generate a warm happy glow. How about occasionally offering a 200,000k "Mission Master Class" bonus? 

Mehh.. dont really care.

2. Fix missions so that people who aren't in Supremacy mode don't get Supremacy missions, and so people can set their mission tiers.

Mehh.. I love supremacy. Dont understand all the ranting and gnashing of teeth against it..

3. Remove as many things as possible that split the queues. Set Training Rooms only for clans and specific individuals invited to the rooms. Get rid of the formal Tournament structure, and let a training room "side" go into a Tournament queue where they could match up against another training room "side." 

Disagree.. love training rooms. I use them to go into and study the maps..

4. Remove same-control mode. Put mobile devices into their own queues and PC/Mac players into their own queues. WG, you shouldn't use your large mobile player base as a shortcut to grow your PC/Mac user base. They're different user populations with different experience design needs and different expectations.

Disagree.. merging the queues for different devices has decreased all of our wait times. And gives us a chance to fight against players who may use different tactics and methods to win. We have the potential to learn something new from them.

5. Freeze all efforts on new features. Invest heavily in software refactoring, bug elimination, and game experience design. Spend two full development cycles fixing the game. Fix the Ghost Rounds bug. Rebalance vehicles.

Disagree.. as others have said.. most of the ghost shell and delay problems are due to bad connection on the players end. And didnt WOT just do a massive series of tank reballancing?

6. Redesign the garage to improve vehicle management for players with >30 vehicles. Allow players to do multi-vehicle equipment placement. Put a "Prammo Tag" on the garage icon so players can know at a glance whether a tank shoots HEAT, APCR, HESH, or what have you.

Disagree.. I love what they've just done.. am very happy. Dont need any more garage improvements.

7. Improve stats reporting, including performance per map and aggregate performance per tier. (This should also be broken out into the Blitz Assistant app, just to make that more meaningful.)

Agree.. Map specific stats sounds really interesting.

8. Automate the exception/restoration process for tanks - makes no sense to force players to send tickets into WG support, or limit the number of times we can buy, sell, and re-buy vehicles. Once we've earned them, we should have easier access to them.

Mehh.. I've only sold one tank.. and bought it right back again.. was easy.

9. Stop digging the game deeper and making it more complex. Simplify your events. 

Totally agree.. in Wot Blitz.. half the players out on the field are playing while occupying the porcelain throne. Not much time and focus there for elaborate events.

10. Triple the number of mapsDouble the size of the maps. Give the players test maps that you haven't fully play tested yet, and let us feel like we're participating in growing the experience. 

Disagree.. as much as id love this.. WOTBlitz is a mobile app device game. They cant bloat it to an unmanagable size.. the game by necessity has to be as trim and slim as possible.

11. Change the victory criteria. Set victory to be based on a) killing 7 enemy tanks; b) reaching 1000 Supremacy points in that mode; c) battlefield performance, with 3 criteria: enemy tanks killed, aggregate damage done, and a "control the field" value (if players run off and hide, they can't win). Eliminate draws entirely.

TOTALLY Agree.. ugh.. I hate draws.. useless endings to a desperately fought battle. The team with the highest score should win if it comes down to a draw in kills.

12. Create tier groups. Instead of just a wide-open list of tiers I-X, set up tier groups. Tiers 1 & 2 are the entry tier group. Tiers 3 & 4. Tiers 5 & 6. And so on. Build a set of "Tier Challenges" at every even-numbered tier that people have to accomplish before they can move on to the next set of tiers.

Disagree... it sounds like a great idea at first. But part of the fun.. and pleasure for me in the game is being able to pull out any of my favorite tanks and play them regardless of their tier. 

13. Build a set of tutorials in-game that people have to complete before they advance past certain key tiers (V, VII, and IX), and before they move into a different category of vehicle. Add functional skill tutorials, such as for sidescraping, firing on moving targets, and defilade. Acknowledge that certain vehicles are extremely difficult to operate - tier VIII-X tank destroyers, for example, or tier X mediums - and add a specific tutorial for each of those.

Agree and Disagree.. enforced tutorials will just kill potential new players enthusiasm. But.... what about offering skill awards. special awards with neato amounts of credits as a reward. You'd have the sidescaper award. The sniper award. The medium driver award. and so on. Let them earn thier tutorials.

14. Give people an actual sense of history in the game. Let us go back over the past month's worth of games and look at the detailed stats for the battles. Give us an asterisk in the game start screen to show that we've played against certain players before. 

Mehh.. dont really care.

15. Limit premium tank purchases to a player's highest tier tank plus 2. This will help to stop tier racers, bots, serial AFKs, and rerolls. 

Agree.. I think THIS is your best idea. Simple.. and allows everyone access to all the tanks.. as they earn the right to drive them. but blocks the tier yoloers.

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

ARC_FIVES #15 Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

#1 Ghost

• Players
  • 22551 battles
I completely agree with you Writer 

Bellatormonk #16 Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:41 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27492 battles
  • [MASHU]

Good write up and points.  A couple conflict, "blitzy" and "larger maps" for one.  While restricting tank purchases by tier ownership would be sensible and nice from a good player's view to clean up some of the upper tiers of bad players, anything that presents a paywall is a no go in WG's mind.  Money..make money...as much money..any way possible is the directive.

You core point about experienced player's leaving in droves is the most accurate, however, the sheer number mindless baddies making a one time $10-50 purchase is more valuable to WG than what was the loyal white whale good stat player.

Game over man...game over. 

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users