• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

1991Syclone #1 Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [TITAN]

Moderators:

What is WGs stand on modifications to the game on platforms like Android and PC?  One only has to watch a streamer on twitch to see that making modifications to the in game layout is not impossible.  I've see things like modified crosshairs that turn from red to greed to let you know if you can hit a target or if there is something in the way, etc.  It's not a big stretch to think that someone could come up with a modification that would lock on to specific spots on given tanks in order to ammo rack or hit the fuel tanks.

I do know there was a wave of bans on the PC version for those users who had mods considered illegal.  What is WG doing to avoid this sort of thing in Blitz?

michaeltsoon #2 Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 19902 battles
  • [HATED]
Anything that makes the game look/sound cooler is fine (garage mods, sound effects, tank skins, etc), while ones that provide you with gameplay advantages are not. (Hitskins, etc)

Leader of [PZ3]. Please PM if you would like details on our clan

Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

I'd put my tank rankings here, but I won't since video game stats hold no value in real life. Therefore, I'll use a witty quote to fill this space instead:            "War does not determine who is right, only who is left"  -Bertrand Russell 

1991Syclone #3 Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [TITAN]

http://forum.worldof...anks-mod-legal/

Yet I've seen a streamer using this exact mod on Blitz.  My question still remains, what is WG doing to block illegal mods in the game.

AVCM_AW #4 Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41217 battles
  • [RAIDR]

I've seen a mod in use that actually shows turret positioning of the whole enemy team (spotted tanks) when looking at the mini map. Yep, in use during game play, watched an uploaded video.

I'm not sure there is much WG can do about it. It doesn't impact the server side programming. It only impacts the outcome of play. The only way to catch those are by watching videos, or streams.

Which quickly devolves to this; rules are like locks, only for the honest. 

Disheartening really...

Commander DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

acrisis #5 Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Below was the latest official word as I recall ...

http://forum.wotblit...-mods-in-blitz/

Detection in game / on server might be possible. WG has experience with that on PC, but probably has not devoted any resources to it yet on mobile. 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Also tagged with mods, illegal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users