New feature

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

__l_ #1 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42107 battles
  • [DONE]

Latelly I've seen some feedback recollection about last updates, about players toxicity, etc.

'Realism' has been given in some of those conversations as an argument in favor of last chat changes.

A good feature to implement that would help address some issues is a Tanker Rank, like from scoundrel, to soldier, to sergeant, and so on and so fort. It has been successfully used in war games many times. Here are some stuff that it would achieve:

- You only would get promoted through good behavior, skill, experience and battle feats. You would be demoted due to bad behavior, incompetence, repeated battle afk's, etc.

- Some features would only be available for some ranks, like for example, global chating only allowed to captains and up.

- The higher rank on the green team would chat in a different color, so he could set the starting battle plan.

- Really higher ranks could have friendly fire enabled. I understands the reasons behind that feature drop, and agree with the decision, but the game lost a lot of realism and fun. This would help to bring back some of it. Friendy fire would be a mayor reason to be demoted.

- The ranks of enemy could be known or not known, or even it could be 'spotted' by closing up on the tank, adding even more complexity and fun to the game. For example, a famous high rank tanker should be prominent enough to be known and followed by your intelligence unit. Those tankers should be recognized as soon as you could see the front plate of the tank, or the side of the turret. We kind of do that already through the clan names, but this would be even funnier.

- It could be used as a filter for some competitions, or to help mm algorithm.

Opinions?

Promoted [this](http://forum.wotblit...3-tanker-ranks/) before rating came along. I still want more ranks and upper ones harder to get.

Mullet_cat #2 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

HEAT magnet

• Players
  • 12434 battles
  • [CLE4R]
Good idea, +1

_War_Child_ #3 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35847 battles
  • [III-C]
You are on the right track.

TEXAS_for_the_win #4 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Freedom Defender

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [I776]
this could work yee yee!
                           MERICA! discord server https://discord.gg/YRDGJqU

Unique_ #5 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

still not enough battles for a custom forum title

• Players
  • 16851 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Something along those lines would be fun

((Clever Signature))

TheMasterCamper #6 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 198 battles
  • [STEEB]
Good idea overall, but I don't agree with friendly fire. What's the point of it besides killing your own teammates? Don't look for "realism" in a mobile tank game where your dead crews can be brought back to life with a First Aid kit. How is that realistic?

Tomio_Hara #7 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 22413 battles
  • [SR-72]
Good idea overall, but seems incredibly complex for a mobile game. Some simplification would be needed. If this was on the PC version then it would be great

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

BATM4N21 #8 Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

?

• Players
  • 15960 battles

View PostTheMasterCamper, on 15 April 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

Good idea overall, but I don't agree with friendly fire. What's the point of it besides killing your own teammates? Don't look for "realism" in a mobile tank game where your dead crews can be brought back to life with a First Aid kit. How is that realistic?

dont forget the 5 second track repair time and being able to take multiple hits from HEAT warheads and not being dead :)
?

__l_ #9 Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42107 battles
  • [DONE]

View PostTheMasterCamper, on 15 April 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

There is a lot of techniques involved in using red cover. Example, right now a fv183 would shot u dead when close combatting a peer med. if there would be a chance to hit his team mate, he wouldn't fire... at least so comfortably. We lost a lot of spice in close battle ends. Before the friendly fire drop, 4 tanks on 1 would still have to be careful, instead of just gang-shoot the last one. And I won't mention shot blockers, kill stealers throw covering the target, etc. etc. 

Promoted [this](http://forum.wotblit...3-tanker-ranks/) before rating came along. I still want more ranks and upper ones harder to get.

__l_ #10 Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42107 battles
  • [DONE]

View PostBATM4N21, on 15 April 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

dont forget the 5 second track repair time and being able to take multiple hits from HEAT warheads and not being dead :)

Well, I'm not asking that if you hit a team member, they do you a war trial and discharge you with dishonor. It's just about making it a little more difficult (and thus, fun) for pro players, who would have to care a little bit more about where they aim.

Edited by __l_, 15 April 2017 - 02:28 AM.

Meatshield_Six #11 Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
Although I'm on a winstreak I still suck; and I'd like some way of knowing the value of chat commands and a visual clue over green tanks to help me have a clue as to what to do.  Too many times I've chosen to follow the guy that over-extends.

Rockracer #12 Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9376 battles

View PostTheMasterCamper, on 14 April 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Or when your teammate just jumps in your front and you shoot him accidentally, that idea is kinda flawed, but it's a good point.

We got cartoon tanks, who cares about realism anyway?

Edited by Rockracer, 15 April 2017 - 02:12 PM.

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.

Give_Anna_An_Alt #13 Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 28916 battles
  • [MSELF]

Useless post. Read this other instead:

http://forum.wotblit...93#entry1169893

:hiding:

Edited by lookedsquirrel7, 15 April 2017 - 03:16 PM.

acrisis #14 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20278 battles
  • [III-X]

Tanker ranks, good behavior, promotions ... marks of excellence type things, visible to the green team could indeed be added incentives for players, and touch on previous feature requests. 

Friendly fire and the demotion that would be tied to it, would undermine it though. While I'm hulled down, side scraping etc ... I should not be held responsible for lights and mediums jumping into my shot. It is a double edged sword.  Plus, this being the internet and a team player game; people would still easily troll and then now do this possibly with even more intent, just like they do already. Some players don't care about drowning, suicide, ... this would not change those people. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

ABN_Bearcat #15 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38557 battles
  • [WEAK]

View Postacrisis, on 15 April 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Tanker ranks, good behavior, promotions ... marks of excellence type things, visible to the green team could indeed be added incentives for players, and touch on previous feature requests. 

Friendly fire and the demotion that would be tied to it, would undermine it though. While I'm hulled down, side scraping etc ... I should not be held responsible for lights and mediums jumping into my shot. It is a double edged sword.  Plus, this being the internet and a team player game; people would still easily troll and then now do this possibly with even more intent, just like they do already. Some players don't care about drowning, suicide, ... this would not change those people. 

Agreed, but those players' rank would be low, so they could implement bans or just place alll of those players on the same battles, I.e. A sort of prison.

Edited by ABN_Bearcat, 15 April 2017 - 04:37 PM.

acrisis #16 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20278 battles
  • [III-X]
While we may want trolls separated out ... WG has said more than once they will not split up the player base, for a combination of reasons. Our only hope for trolls is that they get banned. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Zwap65 #17 Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10705 battles
  • [CRAZY]

WG is in this for the money which they can access by making this fun. Our fun = $. Spending is easier when you buy fun.

So try some of this fun stuff.

Cheers

Troymk1 #18 Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Lost Aussie in Texas

• Players
  • 26693 battles
When you proved loyal enough, you get an M60

itsnotpersonal #19 Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23350 battles
  • [ASYLM]