• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

___ez_e___ #81 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44317 battles
  • [SF]

View PostMaso1235467890, on 20 April 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

This was one heck of a good read. I completely agree with all of this, especially the comments on threads. Oh what a pleasant place to be sometimes. I've come to accept my place on the bottom, even though, try as I may, I don't want to be there. I've come to this realization: Unicums lose also. They don't have perfect winrates, and nobody will. Sure, losing will make me dissapointed, and I'll rage once in a while, but I've come to the conclusion that raging at people who aren't as 1) Skilled and 2) Experienced at the game will make mistakes. Some may never learn. The only thing there is to say about it is to remind yourself that it's only a game, and that as a "Noob", recieving hate about how you play a game from someone who is percieved as better than them is quite demoralizing. It is a bitter circle that some people are in, and the circle only is kept going by people who send/convene their anger only makes the less skilled believe that it is the only way to express displeasure, rather than admit that they made a mistake and to move past it. Again, great read, well deserving of a +1

You shouldn't feel that your place is at the bottom.   The secret is that most players started at the bottom and very few players are good without gaining experience.   A good percentage of folks that are super unicums, paid their dues by starting off as a noob with mid 40 wr.   I'm no unicum, but I definitely started in the low 40s and didn't get over 50 after 5k battles. 

You absolutely can becomes Super Unicum if you hone 3 skill sets:

1.   Technical skills - these are the specific actions in games including hull down, side scraping, peek a boom, spotting, aiming for weak spots, proper tank driving (i.e. Never drive in sniper mode), cod, using/resetting camo, using mini map, and etc

2.  Tactical skills - knowing when where and how to use a technical skill.  It's knowing which technical skill will give you the greatest advantage over specific tanks. Tactically knowing how to attack specific enemy tanks.  Is it better to hull down or side scrape.  Knowing your tanks strengths and weaknesses as well as enemy tanks.  

3.  Strategic skills - knowing when where how and who to attack or when to flank or even retreat.   Basically knowing how to proactively attempt to change the outcome of the battle by making the correct strategic decisions.   Knowing where to help teammates.   Basically understand the battle flow. Assessing the enemy and anticipating there actions.   Anticipating unspotted enemy movements.  Knowing how to maximize your tanks strengths and minimize weaknesses.   It about creating advantages

The key is to learn to reduce the mistakes you make over and over and over again, battle after battle. 

You can get there.   Don't give up hope.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 21 April 2017 - 01:56 PM.

M00niac #82 Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37817 battles
  • [HZZRS]

View PostWriterDude, on 19 April 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

I think if we all wear blue socks with white tennis shoes, we'll solve every problem known to humankind. :-)

Now there you go again, everyone with any intelligence and education knows that socks with sandals is the solution. 

Wow, you wannabe erudites.

:)

Mezurashi #83 Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

• Administrator
  • 330 battles

Please be reminded to not personally attack each other. Topic will be locked and sanctions issued if this continues.

Thanks.

Moving at the speed of sight.

Helpful links: EULA || Terms of Service || Game Rules and Violations || Forum Rules

Enzo_Gorlami #84 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7281 battles
  • [BELLS]
But the humor is gone, man, gone...  Trolls have been around since the DARPA days. I have always found the best way to handle them was to just squeeze them a little bit, not too much, then let them go. lol

Lieutenant_Potato #85 Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4229 battles

Edited by Lieutenant_Potato, 23 April 2017 - 02:52 PM.

VikkoTheTusken #86 Posted 23 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 17360 battles
  • [III-H]
Despite the pretentious, juvenile attempts at a counterargument, I found the OP to be fantastic with a good ethos based claim of proposal. The rhetoric of argument was sound and easy to follow. +1

YouTube    Twitter   Facebook

Bbm_14 #87 Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

Simia est simia, etiamsi purpura vestiatur

• Players
  • 22072 battles
  • [DD-R]

Dude, away with you!

After moving to another topic your laconic quip has left me pigeon holing each and every post I consume hence compelling me to return.

My pov has been tainted and for that I blame YOU.

Je te dérange à une bataille d'esprit mais je suis un homme sans armes!

All jest/jousts aside, once again your postulate attains a well presented thought flow as well as a breath of fresh air.

Dont change. +1

ps: Royko is gone but his legend lives on. <wink>

Edited by Bbm_14, 23 April 2017 - 07:04 PM.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk, that  will teach you to keep your mouth shut" - Ernest Hemingway

========================================

Silevern #88 Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 16916 battles
  • [DFNT]
Very interesting read. I've always had a polarized view of players in the game, the good v bad and the ones who want to improve v the ones who don't, and then the trolls who are just a negative presence in the game. This has expanded how I look at players quite a bit.

RECRUITMENT | DISCORD SERVER | WOTBSTARS

Defiant [DFNT] Deputy | Blitz Community Coalition Workgroup Member | Blitz Pro League NA Contributor

Seriously considering leaving Blitz if Update 3.8 is released as advertised.

_TheDragonCamper #89 Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20370 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Post_Semi_, on 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I didn't even read it. 

I'm pretty honest. 

If you didn't even read it then how can you disagree with something you don't fully understand or know about? 

mike82198 #90 Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31650 battles
  • [MAHOU]

From the OP:

So who rages? What makes players into jerks? Why does frustration turn into dysfunction? A player who rages is most likely someone who is focused on maintaining their status...

Occam's razor says: they are simply dysfunctional jerks. What makes dysfunctional jerks choose a frustrating tanks game as their pastime?

_SuicideKing_ #91 Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6349 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post_TheDragonCamper, on 23 April 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

View Post_Semi_, on 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I didn't even read it. 

I'm pretty honest. 

If you didn't even read it then how can you disagree with something you don't fully understand or know about? 

LoL  If knowledge and comprehension were requirements for an argument, the wife and I would never have makeup sex.

NateDawg2k16 #92 Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 6635 battles
  • [DPRK]
That was long!

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

"Never hold in your farts.  They travel up your spine into your brain, and that's where all the crappy ideas come from."

- Boris

"Do stupid stuff and even stupider things will happen to you" - Nobody said this either. But someone shoulda said it...

fsidesmith #93 Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Average Sergeant

• Players
  • 15480 battles
  • [KAIJU]

The original post by WD is very well written, and could serve everyone well to invest a few minutes time reading it. The facts described in his post can be applied to experiences that reach far beyond this game. 

Hail HYDRA.     http://www.blitzstar.../com/fsidesmith       Signature by Panbun

MikeZ28 #94 Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11916 battles
  • [III-R]
Writer Dude: thank you for your insights. They help to at least understand the salty rages that occur. I can understand that people want to win and advance ( for most part).  It is just too bad that the salt comes win or lose. 

Also tagged with salt, raging, noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users