How to establish a good reputation for your clan

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SergeantTill #1 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 341 battles
  • [RADOC]
im sorry for asking for a lot of tips I just need some help on having a high clan reputation clime 501ST and SPUD,Korps. Please comment if you can help

_CH3F #2 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38738 battles
  • [O-VII]
Win

Venemy #3 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14794 battles
  • [ARISE]
Don't be a [edited]to other people. I am not the best example, but I know that helping others and showing genuine kindness to those that are below you will give your clan and yourself a positive reputation.

Edited by Venemy, 19 April 2017 - 02:49 PM.

what's the point of living if you're just going to be miserable?

Storm216 #4 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 18980 battles

• Have skilled players

• What Venemy said ^^

• Make cool forum signatures like mine :rolleyes:

CK_GoldenNuggets #5 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17652 battles
  • [_V_]
I'm honored you hold 501ST so highly in regards to reputation.
To answer your question, its easy to build a reputation. The problem for most clans is making a good rep.  Everything your clan does, defines who you guys are. If you are poor in pub games, never show up to tournaments or interact with other clans, people will pay you no mind.

However, if you always make sure your members react positively in pub games (to the best of their ability) and make good relationships with other clans through tournaments and training sessions, people will come to respect your kindness and generosity.

Whether you want to work towards getting your clan well - known for skill or kindness is up to you. Perhaps both if you are lucky enough to find the right kind of people, but the most important thing is always to make sure to treat others with respect, regardless if you lose, or you are having a bad day or even if someone is disrespecting you personally. Keep it as civil as possible and people usually come to admire your attitude and sportsmanship.

Goodluck out there bud. 07

Edited by CK_GoldenNuggets, 19 April 2017 - 02:59 PM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Ruby_Rose_ #6 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostStorm216, on 19 April 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

• Have skilled players

• What Venemy said ^^

• Make cool forum signatures like mine :rolleyes:

Or ask a skilled somebody ;)

Made by Panbun

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is

like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
Want a RWBY signature?
Here

Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

SergeantTill #7 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 341 battles
  • [RADOC]
Thanks guys it's an honour to have some 501st leaders to help me out 

SergeantTill #8 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 341 battles
  • [RADOC]

View PostCK_GoldenNuggets, on 19 April 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

I'm honored you hold 501ST so highly in regards to reputation.
To answer your question, its easy to build a reputation. The problem for most clans is making a good rep.  Everything your clan does, defines who you guys are. If you are poor in pub games, never show up to tournaments or interact with other clans, people will pay you no mind.

However, if you always make sure your members react positively in pub games (to the best of their ability) and make good relationships with other clans through tournaments and training sessions, people will come to respect your kindness and generosity.

Whether you want to work towards getting your clan well - known for skill or kindness is up to you. Perhaps both if you are lucky enough to find the right kind of people, but the most important thing is always to make sure to treat others with respect, regardless if you lose, or you are having a bad day or even if someone is disrespecting you personally. Keep it as civil as possible and people usually come to admire your attitude and sportsmanship.

Goodluck out there bud. 07

Can you check out my clan and see how I'm doing? It's called RADOC 2ndCanadianArmourDivision

pgrass101 #9 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 29362 battles
  • [III-C]
Don't be peckerheads, respect others, play well (doesn't always mean winning, just try hard and don't give up) and learn

Dark_Magician_Girl #10 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 15078 battles
  • [STR8]

View PostSergeantTill, on 19 April 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

im sorry for asking for a lot of tips I just need some help on having a high clan reputation clime 501ST and SPUD,Korps. Please comment if you can help

Emphasize a strong sense of community within your clan.  If your clan is happy with it's members it will reflect in what others see your clan as.

Ruby_Rose_ #11 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8773 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 19 April 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Emphasize a strong sense of community within your clan.  If your clan is happy with it's members it will reflect in what others see your clan as.

Indeed. +1

Made by Panbun

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is

like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
Want a RWBY signature?
Here

Clan Recruitment: Here    Discord:   FLEET   ARMDA

CK_GoldenNuggets #12 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17652 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostSergeantTill, on 19 April 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Can you check out my clan and see how I'm doing? It's called RADOC 2ndCanadianArmourDivision

Eh!!! Im Canadian too. Love it dude. 
Alright so, I took a look at your clan and as far as man power you are fine. I dont know how many active players you have nor do I know if you intend to be a tournament - active clan, but the best way to get your name out there is to play some tournaments, be kind and ask some clans for training and make good relationships.

Try asking CFE (Canadian Forces Elite) Great clan and good bunch of guys. See if they would be willing to make some stuff happen between your clans. Training, countdowns, community events etc...

I also dont want to judge immediately by appearances, but the majority of your players are sub average which means I assume you dont have any stat requirements for your clan. To be fair, stat requirements are not needed at all to just have fun in a clan, but help to weed out some possible bots or alt troll accounts that wont help you develop your clan.

Other than that, most of the clan reputation and development is just up to you guys and your involvement withing the community. 

Edited by CK_GoldenNuggets, 19 April 2017 - 03:25 PM.

"Level of Unicums" - Zennosha:

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

Venemy #13 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14794 battles
  • [ARISE]
I'll also add that actively looking for help from other clans (like you are doing now), will help your image as it shows that you are at least trying.

gargoyle_2200 #14 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

The Garg

• Players
  • 13568 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostVenemy, on 19 April 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

Don't be a [edited]to other people. I am not the best example, but I know that helping others and showing genuine kindness to those that are below you will give your clan and yourself a positive reputation.

"Kindness to those who are below you"

Which people? People below me in the clan structure? People with worse stats? People on the other side of the world? People I'm sitting on? People who aren't me?

Just need a little clarification on which people to be nice to, there are so many people below me. :amazed:

Venemy #15 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14794 battles
  • [ARISE]

View Postgargoyle_2200, on 19 April 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

"Kindness to those who are below you"

Which people? People below me in the clan structure? People with worse stats? People on the other side of the world? People I'm sitting on? People who aren't me?

Just need a little clarification on which people to be nice to, there are so many people below me. :amazed:

Below you in the community, whether that be stat wise or clan ranking wise. 

gargoyle_2200 #16 Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

The Garg

• Players
  • 13568 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostVenemy, on 19 April 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Below you in the community, whether that be stat wise or clan ranking wise. 

If you couldn't tell, it was sarcasm. The thought of other people being below me just because of stats disgusts me. If I'm misunderstanding you, change your terminology. 

Venemy #17 Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14794 battles
  • [ARISE]

View Postgargoyle_2200, on 19 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

If you couldn't tell, it was sarcasm. The thought of other people being below me just because of stats disgusts me. If I'm misunderstanding you, change your terminology. 

I believe the way I said it was perfectly fine bud. 

seawolf2010 #18 Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10141 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postpgrass101, on 19 April 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Don't be peckerheads, respect others, play well (doesn't always mean winning, just try hard and don't give up) and learn

And always make fun of [III] for being old doddering geezers :P  

Like others have said rep is easy to gain, good or bad. Get a bad rep going then its hard to reverse it and its easy for a good rep to go bad. Don't be a peckerhead in game and one thing I usually do is if I play with someone who rocked it out either on green or red I'll send them a post game chat saying "GG o7" or something to that effect. Its the small things that go a long way

furicle #19 Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 35514 battles
  • [SPUD]

Free beer for loyal clan members.

It's about setting expectations up front, being very cautious about finding like-minded clan mates, and leading by example.

Good people make good things happen. 

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

Ookla_the_Mok #20 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 21737 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostSergeantTill, on 19 April 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

You're thinking about it backwards. If you want to build/establish a reputation, then you are relying on the community to define your clan. Cast a big enough net in this community and, well, it gets rather shaky on the merits of people's opinions.

Give some thought to the type of group you want to be a part of. Your priorities could be personality, stats, whatever... but you cannot be all things to all people or you will be mostly nothing. 

From there, don't (as a clan) troll, rant incessantly, cheat, or anything else that actively mitigates the enjoyment of the game for others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users