Potato Patch, where potato’s grow.Due to copyright infringement topic is closed

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ShootinSabot #21 Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21999 battles
  • [SPUD]

The Pz V/IV was my first premium tank and my first credit grinder. My record in it is not very good and even my recent record is not as good as my record in the Pz III/IV. I find the Pz V/IV has the mobility of a hevium but the gun of a medium tank. so it can be a bit cumbersome. The one thing I really like about it, other than the credits it makes, is that the front glacis is almost Leopard proof. It seems like every Tier 5 battle has at least 1 Leo on the reds and they do present problems when driven well.

3 Pz V/IV videos for the Potato Patch

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

SieurPersil #22 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:47 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Nice videos Edward and good comments. I cringe every time I hear you say "Potato Patch". That is Spud space !

Here are some of my comments as I watched.

Game 1 : Yep, you know what you did wrong there. Map awareness issue.

Game 2 : Ok, on this map, I dont care what the team composition is, I never ever want to go on the bunker side of that map. You are wide open to shots from accross the map. If the reds played smart, all they needed was one spotter (or a tank with binocs) to shread your team. For yourself, you tend to over expose too much in your peek-a-booms taking unecessary damage in the process. Also, you dont need to turn your turret to look around, get the lookout bar. Not a good idea to look around anyways when facing a tank, a quick look at the minimap will do. There was no hurry as well, you could have just backed up and allow him to expose himself. Your general approach going towards enemies is fine though.

Game 3 : Not much to say. I would have went C also. I just dont expose as much as you when facing or peek-a-booming a tank. Shooting HE at the yellow parts of the Churchill was useless. If you wanted to shoot HE, there was a nice penable area showing behind the turret.

The Panzer V/IV was also my first premium tank and I got it when it first came out in 2015. It suffered in the -2/+2 environnement and was useless facing tier 7 tanks. Now, its a great tank. As high tier, you are a bully and will bounce lots of shots. It is one of the best ramming tanks in the game; use this. As low tier, it still can rock VS tier six. You just have to take a more careful approach.

Good luck out there !

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

ShootinSabot #23 Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21999 battles
  • [SPUD]

SieurPersil Thank you for the critique. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a thoughtful review. 

The potato patch moniker is gone. I had no intention of usurping someone's tag line. I thought I was being clever but I just watched your signature block and I see I was not being original. Back to the drawing board. 

I do get away with sloppy peek-a-booms at lower tiers and it is something I need to work on. I play KBM and I have no option for the view bar like on the iPad. The other issue I run into as a KBM player is the mini-map is 2 small relatively speaking. I can't just glance at it, I have to really look at. I suppose if I used it more, it would get easier. 

Thank you you again for the kind words and I will run a new tag line by you before I put it into service. 

SieurPersil #24 Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Hey there,

My pleasure. Dont worry about....lets call it "the potato patch incident " ! Me and the Spuds are just having fun with you. It just an internal things for us as we refer to the potato patch as our home. We're an easy going bunch and our lawyers can be bribed if you just fill our cooler with beer at the campfire. 

I took the liberty of looking at your stats. Whoa ! Over 1000 games in the last 30 days ! You've been busy...........and improving. It is quite noticable. Keep that hit rate up, refine your peek a boom technique and limit the damage you take. Your damage output is low but with a few tweeks in your gameplay, it will rise. Learn to dominate and win regularly in tier 4-5 before going up in tiers as you will meet better-more experienced players there and every little mistake will have a big impact. Use your M4 and Pz V/IV to refine your play and learn. Those are great learning tanks. Keep up the good work. You are a unicum in training !

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

ShootinSabot #25 Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21999 battles
  • [SPUD]

I have been issued a cease and desist order by SPUD regarding this thread. At least that’s what I think it was. There were so many beer stains on it and so much BBQ sauce all over it that it was hard to make out. I fought the order extensively, filed multiple briefs, paid exorbitant legal fees but all to no avail and the the Potato Patch will no longer to be published.

I have started a new video thread called Turnips and Taters, cause veggies are good for you.

It has the same premise, just no copyright infringement.

SieurPersil #26 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Mixing taters and turnips is risky business there sir ! 

Must consult the Grand Tater Council concerning this.

(and get my cooler ready)

:harp:

ShootinSabot #27 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:33 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21999 battles
  • [SPUD]
My new lawyers are standing by. Fired the last bunch.  The new ones drink nothing but wine, sometimes even out of a bottle instead of a box. Real high powered group this time so be prepared for good stiff disagreement. 

SW_Commander #28 Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14021 battles
  • [NUTHS]
Hey there, trying to track down different "threads" in forums with SPUD fam involved, hopefully I've follow my directions :sceptic:. Is there any statistical requirements involved to joining the tater fam? If so, please contact me directly in WOTB, thanks.

Edited by SW_Commander, 23 June 2017 - 12:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users