Mines hill

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #1 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24608 battles
  • [NOGUD]

It is no longer prudent to rush the hill on mines.  While I think that is the best strategy, it also requires an amount of support from your team.   Since there is no such thing as support from your team - If someone else rushes, I'll support - but I'm done being the first one to get azzploded due to lack of teamwork.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Bronyman50 #2 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 26600 battles
  • [PURPL]
I've gotten into the happen of going to the cross river island to get shots into the guys who are trying to push hill 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Boris_Convel #3 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7968 battles

I haven't bum rushed the hill in probably 3k games. Sit down below the hill and kill the poor red fools who try to get it.

EDIT: Watch this for mines tips https://www.youtube....h?v=iyqwXl-9Oik

Edited by 0_DatGuy_0, 25 April 2017 - 01:27 PM.

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

#BringBackGlobalChat #UnmuteTheDead (Even though I can chat all I want to...)

_War_Child_ #4 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35865 battles
  • [III-C]
I find that it depends on the Tier, the Team Composition, and/or whether it's a 3x/5x weekend...

Player_39363936 #5 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 70887 battles
  • [EWENS]

I'll rush the hill if I'm sure I have the fastest tank in the game, but even then I go right over the sides as soon as possible.  It's not a good place to be.  Too many angles for a smart player to snipe you.

What drove me absolutely bat-[edited]crazy when I was still rushing the hill were the tanks that looked like they were rushing with me, and then at the first sign of a red tank they would stop and back out.

Hill?

No thanks for me....

I will go if I have teammates that I recognize and know will play it right.   But otherwise, no way.

Whiskey_Upsurge #6 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40241 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 25 April 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

It is no longer prudent to rush the hill on mines.  While I think that is the best strategy, it also requires an amount of support from your team.   Since there is no such thing as support from your team - If someone else rushes, I'll support - but I'm done being the first one to get azzploded due to lack of teamwork.

Peace-

Boris

Getting support while rushing the hill has ALWAYS been a problem. IF I can get some agreement  that that's going to be the plan during countdown, I'll still go for it but it's silly to go alone.

I'll also try it while watching the minimap. Usually time to about before you pass that point of no return heading up the hill entrance.

Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

Icefang50 #7 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 34640 battles
  • [-MAX-]
I believe you still need to rush to the hill on mines but be prepared to abandon the plan. If the team is not supporting back out before committing. Red may not be as committed either so there is still the opportunity to take the hill unchallenged. 

Fezzik: I just want you to feel you’re doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

William Goldman, The Princess Bride

djhiz #8 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 20358 battles
  • [F2K]

After watching Circonflexes dominate from the "pocket" on mines (albeit on PC...) I've done that ever since, and had a much better time than when I just say ""screw it" and go on top of the hill. Tried to find the video, but couldn't... He was playing either the wolverine or Achilles. The pocket on mines is the part opposite the hill entrance, and provides nice cove. 

If I find the video, I'll post it.

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

Normalcow #9 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17334 battles
  • [SEMPF]
I now go at lighthouse often when I'm a fast tank. For a slow one, I stay at near the hill, but not the top part.

Edited by Normalcow, 25 April 2017 - 01:47 PM.

___Chimera #10 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23485 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Same, unless I have a competent platoon mate in a tank as fast as mine, then rushing hill is a no-no. You just get slaughtered when the other team has more than 2 or 3 meds/lights.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

MrNellis #11 Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14054 battles
  • [CHEF]

View PostSharpe40475, on 25 April 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Getting support while rushing the hill has ALWAYS been a problem. IF I can get some agreement  that that's going to be the plan during countdown, I'll still go for it but it's silly to go alone.

I'll also try it while watching the minimap. Usually time to about before you pass that point of no return heading up the hill entrance.

Exactly! I agree.

OKAwesome #12 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22848 battles
  • [III-S]
It would seem that Wargaming has a more subtle hand than we thought.  Before the redesign we were all saying 'hill is the only option' and we hated it.  This is not the first thread to suggest that hill 'is no longer the best option'.  Lads, we got the meta change we asked for.
OKAwesome

WipWapJaws #13 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46834 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostBronyman50, on 25 April 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

I've gotten into the happen of going to the cross river island to get shots into the guys who are trying to push hill 

I know and I'm waiting for u :-)

TheBigHarryBear #14 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29015 battles
  • [CAVE]

View PostOKAwesome, on 25 April 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

It would seem that Wargaming has a more subtle hand than we thought.  Before the redesign we were all saying 'hill is the only option' and we hated it.  This is not the first thread to suggest that hill 'is no longer the best option'.  Lads, we got the meta change we asked for.

I agree with this. Now we must spread the word.

There are to many "holes" in the cover on top of the hill, that allow a sniper to pick you apart when you're on top.

BluesAllDay #15 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8142 battles
  • [SRV]
I rarely had luck trying to be on the hill, rushing the hill to me is more like quickly finding a spot to prevent the reds from obtaining the hill not necessarily obtaining the hill myself. On that map size matters. Pay attention to the folds in the rock outcrops really small tanks can fit in some of these leaving a perfect nook to back into while reloading and cannot be shot by reds if they actually do obtain hill. Bigger tanks using the same area will be shot still.

john_bond_16_pc #16 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

The name's bond...John bond.

• Players
  • 16243 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Post0_DatGuy_0, on 25 April 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

I haven't bum rushed the hill in probably 3k games. Sit down below the hill and kill the poor red fools who try to get it.

EDIT: Watch this for mines tips https://www.youtube....h?v=iyqwXl-9Oik

exactly what I do

​"Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay."

​Ptank2012

COD-R CLAN DEP & TRPD MATE

Stats:                                                                                       

Mr_BushyBeard #17 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13388 battles
  • [III-H]
Agreed. The meta has definitely changed. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Formerly “Augustus_Sohn”; lost a bet to my son and this was his pick. 

Venemy #18 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14916 battles
  • [MAHOU]
You don't have to get hill all the time. Sometimes ir is more effective to use a tanks armor like IS-7 to just hold it so no one can get it. Honestly, I hate people who go river as they barely help their team.

what's the point of living if you're just going to be miserable?

realRichard #19 Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

Everyday is T30 Tuesdays

• Players
  • 25226 battles
  • [STORM]

I got tracked and subsequently wrecked in 5 seconds last week in a medium. 

Never again. 

My Stats (TLDR: scrub) & YouTube 

LaughingRam #20 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

View PostSharpe40475, on 25 April 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

I'll go to help during countdown when "hill" is called, but I will also watch the minimap seeing that there is at least a few of us going hill as called. Unfortunately, once I get to shooting from my little nook on the side near the top, I will take a quick look around and say "where did my "team" go?!?

Also tagged with Mines, hill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users