Mines hill

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

unclerojelio #21 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 27802 battles
  • [MOMGA]
Yeah, I agree. Rushing the hill isn't for skrubs. If you don't have the skill to do it then stay back and support with the rest of the noobs.

Steeby141 #22 Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45368 battles
  • [STEEB]

View Post0_DatGuy_0, on 25 April 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

I haven't bum rushed the hill in probably 3k games. Sit down below the hill and kill the poor red fools who try to get it.

EDIT: Watch this for mines tips https://www.youtube....h?v=iyqwXl-9Oik

:great:

LaughingRam #23 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

View PostSharpe40475, on 25 April 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Getting support while rushing the hill has ALWAYS been a problem. IF I can get some agreement  that that's going to be the plan during countdown, I'll still go for it but it's silly to go alone.

I'll also try it while watching the minimap. Usually time to about before you pass that point of no return heading up the hill entrance.

I'll go to help during countdown when "hill" is called, but I will also watch the minimap seeing that there is at least a few of us going hill as called. Unfortunately, once I get to shooting from my little nook on the side near the top, I will take a quick look around and say "where did my "team" go?!?"

Edited by LaughingRam, 25 April 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Enzo_Gorlami #24 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38132 battles
  • [BELLS]
If I am in a medium, I look to see if the TDs take the usual sniping spot... if they don't, it's Mine! I usually can get close to 1K damage just by sniping, probably more than if I rushed the hill. Trouble is, people are starting to do that now... even a BGR sniping in that spot /eyeroll

jahawa #25 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18779 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Boris,

I with you on this, but let's define what the actual hill is. I am still confused somewhat. Very rarely do I go all the way up to the peak of the hill. I usually stay at the rocks on either side of the mouth of the peak. If there is support, then I might ease up to the peak of the hill. If I am in a tank with good gun depression I will fight around the entrance to the peak.

So are we calling "rushing" to the rocks around the entrance, "the hill", or just up to the peak "the hill"?

Gavidoc01 #26 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 46468 battles
  • [III]
Rushing the hill is a viable option with support but you can't hold it like before. Most times you need to advance off of it to seal a victory. Rushing it alone is suicide as is doing it with a good hulldown tank. In those cases just behind the crest is a good position 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Gavidoc01 #27 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 46468 battles
  • [III]

View Postjahawa, on 25 April 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Boris,

I with you on this, but let's define what the actual hill is. I am still confused somewhat. Very rarely do I go all the way up to the peak of the hill. I usually stay at the rocks on either side of the mouth of the peak. If there is support, then I might ease up to the peak of the hill. If I am in a tank with good gun depression I will fight around the entrance to the peak.

So are we calling "rushing" to the rocks around the entrance, "the hill", or just up to the peak "the hill"?

the actual hill. Not even the entrance. The rocks are the opening and a good position with a hulldown tank. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

BorisBaddenov #28 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26213 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postjahawa, on 25 April 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Boris,

When I say "rush the hill"  - I mean, all the way up, to the 'flat spot' - I think this is the actual "mine".   I will now check up at the location you describe, or do something else, but I am done trying to hold that top hill.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #29 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 39553 battles
  • [ISSAH]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 25 April 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

It is no longer prudent to rush the hill on mines.  While I think that is the best strategy, it also requires an amount of support from your team.   Since there is no such thing as support from your team - If someone else rushes, I'll support - but I'm done being the first one to get azzploded due to lack of teamwork.

Peace-

Boris

Man this so much this. At least with the old mines you could use the shortcuts to get a position up there with a fast light. Now its 50/50 whether your support will sperg. 

Edited by SchnauzerKampfwagenIV, 25 April 2017 - 04:50 PM.

occasionally_useful #30 Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32022 battles
  • [-1]
There's a lovely spot close to the eastern spawn where you can lob HE into the back of red mediums that made it up the hill and are now peek-a-booming green tanks coming up the hill. Always fun to wipe 1000 points off with a SU. 

jahawa #31 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18779 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 25 April 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

When I say "rush the hill"  - I mean, all the way up, to the 'flat spot' - I think this is the actual "mine".   I will now check up at the location you describe, or do something else, but I am done trying to hold that top hill.

Ok, that clears that up. I got raged on a few weeks back because I called "push hill", and I checked up at the rocks. I guess they were right that if your going to call hill, you should go all the way to the top. Although, I think when you say "push", that means to me, to advance till it's not prudent anymore. Which is what I tend to do.

In lower tiers, sometimes just going up to the rocks is not prudent, because the team hasn't left the spawn or they've all gone to the lighthouse or the cap.

BorisBaddenov #32 Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26213 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postjahawa, on 25 April 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Ok, that clears that up. I got raged on a few weeks back because I called "push hill", and I checked up at the rocks. I guess they were right that if your going to call hill, you should go all the way to the top. Although, I think when you say "push", that means to me, to advance till it's not prudent anymore. Which is what I tend to do.

In lower tiers, sometimes just going up to the rocks is not prudent, because the team hasn't left the spawn or they've all gone to the lighthouse or the cap.

Yeah ... Mines is a dead tie with Copperfield for the Maps Most Disliked by Boris award.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_SuicideKing_ #33 Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8216 battles
  • [OGRE]
I learned my lesson, when I started noticing the only people that kept calling "HILL" at the start of battle, were the TD's.

popisdead #34 Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20124 battles
  • [ATC_]

At low tiers I do, (like 1-3) but I don't at higher tiers as I set up in hard and soft cover and shoot the reds in the open as they all conglomerate together in the open up top :P

I love kemping bush

Also tagged with Mines, hill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users