Jump to content


The New 2017 Ipad


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

olddatsunfan #1 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

Has anyone here gotten one yet and tried Blitz on it?  I am looking at one for my new Blitz tablet and I'd like some feedback before I take the plunge.

 

Thanks In Advance!



johnnyzim #2 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20756 battles
  • 265
  • [DRSI4]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I bought one to replace an ipad2 and have no isssues with it at all. Nice crisp graphics and sound. No lagging so far. Puts me right into a match well before the countdown. I used to hear the entire intro song and then start right at the countdown. Now I'm sitting around waiting for threat. Plenty of time to post a note or direction.

 

Is there anything specific you want to know?


 

 


zeur0sis #3 Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:25 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10137 battles
  • 773
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
I don't think there is a (2017) model out.    I think the newest one is the iPad Pro.   That's what I have.   The 9.7 size.   In my opinion.   There's no tablet that is better.   

 

 

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

 


GenericMIKE #4 Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

    The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

  • Players
  • 20838 battles
  • 5,234
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013

View Postzeur0sis, on 28 April 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I don't think there is a (2017) model out.    I think the newest one is the iPad Pro.   That's what I have.   The 9.7 size.   In my opinion.   There's no tablet that is better.   

 

the iPad Pro is old.

 

there is a new iPad released this year dubbed the "iPad"


 

 

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!


Ximray #5 Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45226 battles
  • 441
  • [LI-TR]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2014

View PostGenericMIKE, on 28 April 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

 

the iPad Pro is old.

 

there is a new iPad released this year dubbed the "iPad"

 

and there we have Mike once again - your typical condescending [edited] hole.
Win, lose, or draw - I'm gonna make it hurt.

Under_the_radar #6 Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17858 battles
  • 14
  • [UNI0N]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
I thought he was funny. +1

olddatsunfan #7 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View Postjohnnyzim, on 27 April 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

I bought one to replace an ipad2 and have no isssues with it at all. Nice crisp graphics and sound. No lagging so far. Puts me right into a match well before the countdown. I used to hear the entire intro song and then start right at the countdown. Now I'm sitting around waiting for threat. Plenty of time to post a note or direction.

 

Is there anything specific you want to know?

 

Hi Johnny, I was wondering what graphics settings you are able to run, I remember when the Ipad Pro came out the graphics drivers where not optimized yet and people where stuck on Medium settings ...  I wanted to make sure that that wasn't the case here before I get it.  I'm thinking of getting one because of the larger screen and colour correction for colour blindness!  Thanks!

Edited by olddatsunfan, 28 April 2017 - 02:37 PM.


olddatsunfan #8 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View Postzeur0sis, on 28 April 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

I don't think there is a (2017) model out.    I think the newest one is the iPad Pro.   That's what I have.   The 9.7 size.   In my opinion.   There's no tablet that is better.   

 

View PostGenericMIKE, on 28 April 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

 

the iPad Pro is old.

 

there is a new iPad released this year dubbed the "iPad"

 

View PostXimray, on 28 April 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

 

and there we have Mike once again - your typical condescending [edited] hole.

 

Actually, Mike is right on guys, the new 2017 model is now out and it is called the "Ipad" ...  It's reasonable ($450 Canadian) compared to the Pro ($790 Canadian), but, has the screen and body of the old Ipad Air with a non laminated screen to cut costs rather than the laminated, thinner body of the Air 2 ...  It does use the Iphone 6s A9 dual core processor though and has a better graphics GPU than the Air 2 ...

spalling_apart #9 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

    Oops, I spalled

  • Players
  • 20297 battles
  • 528
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View Postzeur0sis, on 28 April 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I don't think there is a (2017) model out.    I think the newest one is the iPad Pro.   That's what I have.   The 9.7 size.   In my opinion.   There's no tablet that is better.   

 

This is not correct. There is a new iPad, but it's specs are not quite to the iPad Pro 9.7 level. Still great and more than sufficient for WOTB, but not the best.

Spoiler

 


Edited by spalling_apart, 28 April 2017 - 02:50 PM.


spalling_apart #10 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Oops, I spalled

  • Players
  • 20297 battles
  • 528
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View Postolddatsunfan, on 28 April 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

 

Hi Johnny, I was wondering what graphics settings you are able to run, I remember when the Ipad Pro came out the graphics drivers where not optimized yet and people where stuck on Medium settings ...  I wanted to make sure that that wasn't the case here before I get it.  I'm thinking of getting one because of the larger screen and colour correction for colour blindness!  Thanks!

 

I run the iPad Pro 9.7 and everything is maxed and still runs consistent 60fps. I did turn off AA and Anisotropic filtering because I couldn't discern any difference without screenshotting and zooming in really close. Also, my pref is to run fog on low. YMMV.


t4four #11 Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

    Fix the cigarette lighter

  • Players
  • 26121 battles
  • 1,662
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I got one about a week after the release. I transitioned from an Ipad 2 that was a few years old. Prior to buying new one, I had reset the old to factory settings and wiped all the apps and such. The only knock I have on the new one is the cheaper "feel" of the screen. Those who are more tech savvy can detail the differences. Basically new screen feels like plastic where the old one felt like glass. Most notable when you are rapidly hitting the fire button. Other than that, I have really been happy with the new Ipad. I would often get a Claymation tank kind of feeling. Not so much lag, but a choppy action. That is gone. Think the same thing about graphic setting optimization is going on since I can't put anything past medium. Since I had to run everything on low on the old one, it is not an issue for me. New device is lighter than old. Upgraded processor really helps with the download. Overall, I am happy. Don't need the whistles and bells of the Pro. I would purchase one again.


"T4, what are you doing THERE?" - Ahredstealth

The single most game changing question I have been asked in Blitz.

 


johnnyzim #12 Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20756 battles
  • 265
  • [DRSI4]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postolddatsunfan, on 28 April 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

 

Hi Johnny, I was wondering what graphics settings you are able to run, I remember when the Ipad Pro came out the graphics drivers where not optimized yet and people where stuck on Medium settings ...  I wanted to make sure that that wasn't the case here before I get it.  I'm thinking of getting one because of the larger screen and colour correction for colour blindness!  Thanks!

Still maxed at medium. But it's so much better than what I had. My ping is constantly low and fps is in the 60"range

Spoiler

 


Edited by johnnyzim, 28 April 2017 - 10:55 PM.

 

 


olddatsunfan #13 Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View Postspalling_apart, on 28 April 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

 

This is not correct. There is a new iPad, but it's specs are not quite to the iPad Pro 9.7 level. Still great and more than sufficient for WOTB, but not the best.

Spoiler

 

 

The pro is pretty nice and is the 9.7" pro has the really nice laminated "Tru Tone" screen, the only Ipad so far with it.  However, at $790 that's more than my I7 home computer!

olddatsunfan #14 Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View Postt4four, on 28 April 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

I got one about a week after the release. I transitioned from an Ipad 2 that was a few years old. Prior to buying new one, I had reset the old to factory settings and wiped all the apps and such. The only knock I have on the new one is the cheaper "feel" of the screen. Those who are more tech savvy can detail the differences. Basically new screen feels like plastic where the old one felt like glass. Most notable when you are rapidly hitting the fire button. Other than that, I have really been happy with the new Ipad. I would often get a Claymation tank kind of feeling. Not so much lag, but a choppy action. That is gone. Think the same thing about graphic setting optimization is going on since I can't put anything past medium. Since I had to run everything on low on the old one, it is not an issue for me. New device is lighter than old. Upgraded processor really helps with the download. Overall, I am happy. Don't need the whistles and bells of the Pro. I would purchase one again.

 

View Postjohnnyzim, on 28 April 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Still maxed at medium. But it's so much better than what I had. My ping is constantly low and fps is in the 60"range

Spoiler

 

 

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like the new Ipad for me when it comes on sale then!  I'm too cheap to spend the extra $340 on the Pro ....

johnnyzim #15 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20756 battles
  • 265
  • [DRSI4]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
The cost makes it a great option. It's basically an iPad air1.5. For $330.  Worth it

Edited by johnnyzim, 29 April 2017 - 01:16 AM.

 

 


olddatsunfan #16 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27914 battles
  • 2,123
  • [-CFR-]
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015
Totally, it would be great to play without peering over the tops of my glasses wondering what the heck colour the bloody tanks are in front of me LOL!

V1n2002 #17 Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,211
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

Said iPad is an Air 1 with an A9 SOC stuck inside it. That's all. Same physical Air 1 features. Same shell, old type speakers. No anti reflection. Not fully laminated 

 

Still a great device for blitz though, I own one.


much yummy :popcorn:




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users