May Tournaments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

Alright! So for May we are going to be changing a bit of how things are begin done.

Announcements - We will be putting up an in game news article with details about the new system and a Tournament Calendar so people can create reminders on their device and calendars! We will also be making the tournaments visible in game on a weekly basis! 1 Week before the tournament happens, it should show up in game.  

Ticket System -  Removing the requirement for most tournaments. Only Tier IX - X Tournaments will require a ticket. They will only require the Bronze level.

Frequency - We are spacing out the tournaments similar to how they were in the first half of April.

​Tier Separation - We will be separating Tier VII - VIII and Tier IX - X tournaments so they do not happen at the same time. 

Tier IX - X Tournaments - Based on the data and feedback we have received, Tier VII - VIII tournaments are the most popular. Tier IX - X have a higher barrier to entry and will happen less frequently, but have better rewards. These tournaments will have 2 stages - a Qualifier and a Playoff. The Qualifier will be like the other tournaments, single elimination groups of 8, etc. The Playoffs will be Double Elimination with Groups of 4.

Rewards - We have taken a look at the reward system and done an overall increase, adding more Gold to the rewards.  

Timings -  We will be continuing the trend of later tournaments. All tournaments should begin at 18:00 Pacific Time. 

Group Seeding - Based on feedback and data taken from test tournaments, the "Groups of Death" seem to be the favored format. All tournaments in May will be based on the "Groups of Death" seeding style.

Groups of Death

Details on timings and rewards should be up this Wednesday! 

Edited by CC_Sly, 10 May 2017 - 06:44 PM.

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Bronyman50 #2 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 22658 battles
  • [FLEET]
Oh boy I can't wait to play other comp clans with only teir 1 equipment 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

olddatsunfan #3 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28617 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Hmm ...  So what am supposed to do with the 70 or so Bronze tickets that I currently have?

RoadKutter #4 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postolddatsunfan, on 01 May 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hmm ...  So what am supposed to do with the 70 or so Bronze tickets that I currently have?

Gonna get compensation with the newest currency Nuts & Bolts! 

Will there be a gold discount allowing to unlock equipment for competition tanks? I know you like your turnaments CC_Sly, but I don't think a lot of people will want to participate with unequipped tanks.

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #5 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13030 battles
  • [III-H]

CCCCRRRAAAASSH!!!

"Oh No! We just hit an iceberg! Abandon ship!!"

General chaos ensues

Captain: "Tonight's dinner will be rib eye steak with a caesar salad. A nice sauvignon blanc will go along with it. Don't forget about tomorrow's raffle and the over-50 dance-a-thon on the top deck."

"Captain, the ship is taking on water!"

Captain: "Yes, I do recommend the steak. Also, people, don't forget next week we will be arriving in Aruba, so get those bathing suits out and slather up with that sunscreen!"

Edited by Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, 01 May 2017 - 07:59 PM.

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

CC_Sly #6 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]

Let's not make this about equipment guys. I am well aware of the opinion on equipment. It will factor into the data gathering I do for tournaments as well.

For tickets non Tier IX - X Bronze tickets you have now, just sit on them. We will not be using them for May.

Keep in mind that regardless of what else is going on - the tournament train keeps going. So it is either I maintain it or I let it go off the rails. I can't let it crash just because there are other things that also need my attention. 

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

jdm7 #7 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

60% of the time, it works every time

• Players
  • 19439 battles
  • [501DV]

View PostCC_Sly, on 01 May 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Let's not make this about equipment guys. I am well aware of the opinion on equipment. It will factor into the data gathering I do for tournaments as well.

"Aside from that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

[Garage: E100, FV215b, FV215b (183), FV4202, M48 Patton, IS-4, IS-7, Jagdpanzer E100, Obj. 140, Obj. 263, Obj. 268, T110E4, T110E5, T57, Centurion 7/1, M46 Patton, T30, IS-3 Defender, IS-5, IS-6, KV-5, Lowe, T49, T26E4, T-54 ltwt, AT-15A, SU-122-44, T23E3, T-34-85 Rudy, Type 62 Dragon, Cromwell B, Pz. Kpfw. IV Schmalturm, SU-100Y, T-34-85 Victory, Fury, Angry Connor, M4A2E4 Sherman, Pz. Kpfw. IV hydrostat, Ram II, T-25, A-20, Valentine II, BT-7 artillery, FCM 36 Pak 40, Pz. Kpfw. S35 739 (f), SU-76i, T-15, Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu, Pz. Kpfw. 38H 735(f), T2 Light, Tetrarch]

"The Problem will solve itself in time"

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #8 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 45176 battles
  • [RNSF]

View Postolddatsunfan, on 01 May 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

assuming they will quietly disappear like any partial tickets that one had after they switched to only giving out whole tickets.

ZIoydd, on 16 November 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

Fixed.

Narrator, on 16 November 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

​ The problem had not been fixed.

V1n2002 #9 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4035 battles
  • [FURY]

For tickets non Tier IX - X Bronze tickets you have now, just sit on them. We will not be using them for May.

Keep in mind that regardless of what else is going on - the tournament train keeps going. So it is either I maintain it or I let it go off the rails. I can't let it crash just because there are other things that also need my attention. 

Most of us like the new equipment options, Sly. We just want to unlock it just like the old equipment. Also, boosters are mostly a joke. 

I'm just trying to voice the general community. o7

much yummy :popcorn:

Toolan #10 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 35661 battles
  • [MRKVM]
Can we trade in our  almost useless tickets for spare parts?

Toolan #11 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 35661 battles
  • [MRKVM]

some of us are altering our current garage to make the most of the 3.8 conversion to spare parts. This altered tank configurations may not be set up well for tournaments. Is the game getting update before tournaments start?

Turd___Ferguson #12 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [38SUX]

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on 01 May 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

CCCCRRRAAAASSH!!!

"Oh No! We just hit an iceberg! Abandon ship!!"

General chaos ensues

Captain: "Tonight's dinner will be rib eye steak with a caesar salad. A nice sauvignon blanc will go along with it. Don't forget about tomorrow's raffle and the over-50 dance-a-thon on the top deck."

"Captain, the ship is taking on water!"

Captain: "Yes, I do recommend the steak. Also, people, don't forget next week we will be arriving in Aruba, so get those bathing suits out and slather up with that sunscreen!"

This makes no sense. 

Youd never pair those two together. A better pairing would be a cab with prime rib. Kind of like if you're driving a toaster, you'd want binos and camo net pairing. Oh......never mind. Sauvignon Blanc it is. Strike up the bad. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

BluesAllDay #13 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles
  • [SRV]
Pretty sure we won't be fielding a team for tournaments. Who knows.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

christian1470 #14 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34749 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostCC_Sly, on 01 May 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Alright! So for May we are going to be changing a bit of how things are begin done.

Announcements - We will be putting up an in game news article with details about the new system and a Tournament Calendar so people can create reminders on their device and calendars! We will also be making the tournaments visible in game on a weekly basis! 1 Week before the tournament happens, it should show up in game.  

Ticket System -  Removing the requirement for most tournaments. Only Tier IX - X Tournaments will require a ticket. They will only require the Bronze level.

Frequency - We are spacing out the tournaments similar to how they were in the first half of April.

​Tier Separation - We will be separating Tier VII - VIII and Tier IX - X tournaments so they do not happen at the same time. 

Tier IX - X Tournaments - Based on the data and feedback we have received, Tier VII - VIII tournaments are the most popular. Tier IX - X have a higher barrier to entry and will happen less frequently, but have better rewards. These tournaments will have 2 stages - a Qualifier and a Playoff. The Qualifier will be like the other tournaments, single elimination groups of 8, etc. The Playoffs will be Double Elimination with Groups of 4.

Rewards - We have taken a look at the reward system and done an overall increase, adding more Gold to the rewards.  

Timings -  We will be continuing the trend of later tournaments. All tournaments should begin at 18:00 Pacific Time. 

Group Seeding - Based on feedback and data taken from test tournaments, the "Groups of Death" seem to be the favored format. All tournaments in May will be based on the "Groups of Death" seeding style.

Groups of Death

Details on timings and rewards should be up this Wednesday! 

Pretty sure no one cares at this point. Absolutely positive I don't.

little_brother_of_war #15 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7769 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postolddatsunfan, on 01 May 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

1) WG plans to convert those to aluminum.

2) They will then be sent to a factory to be pressed into empty soda cans then returned to the player base.

(...saves having to collect them alongside the roadside)

3) Players will gather them in plastic trash bags to send to their local recycling center to exchange for spare change.

4) They will then be able to purchase a little wooden box of miscellaneous spare parts. 

An idea for a possible new ad?...

"It's the efficiency that imatters...not the actual outcome!"

Decimator Road

tedg5 #16 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 34929 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I am glad to see WG is looking at what is popular and modifying tourneys as such. Good job CC. :)

Edited by tedg5, 01 May 2017 - 10:07 PM.

Turd___Ferguson #17 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

3.8 Wrecked Blitz

• Players
  • 35903 battles
  • [38SUX]

View Posttedg5, on 01 May 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

I am glad to see WG is looking at what is popular and modifying tourneys as such. Good job CC. :)

This is true. However it's a bit like strange the deck chairs on the titanic. Not saying the game will fail, but the point is the plus of these changes are far outweighed by true minuses of the update. 

The phantom of the forums

“No dumb bastard ever won a war by going out and dying for his country. He won it by making some other dumb bastard die for his country.” - George S. Patton

I don't always eat tacos, but when I do they're from here: http://www.districttaco.com

CC_Sly #18 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • [WGA]
I can see now that opening this to discussion and feedback with larger issues overshadowing it was a mistake. Since we can't seem to stay on topic - I am going to lock this thread.

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users