Jump to content


Anybody else play on the galaxy S8?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

GRIMREPER7 #1 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8115 battles
  • 184
  • [PRAVA]
  • Member since:
    06-12-2015
Just wondering cause I just got one.

Im in a clan that you probably never heard about.

Im the player that makes utterly stupid decisions one battle but then gets an ace mastery the next one.


ahredstealth #2 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 18235 battles
  • 7,727
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015
I've run about 8 or 10 games on mine so far...  seems similar to any other phone.  Not crazy about the curved edges though.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly


V1n2002 #3 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,200
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

View Postahredstealth, on 05 May 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

I've run about 8 or 10 games on mine so far...  seems similar to any other phone.  Not crazy about the curved edges though.

It's trash. Get an iPad.


much yummy :popcorn:

GRIMREPER7 #4 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8115 battles
  • 184
  • [PRAVA]
  • Member since:
    06-12-2015

View Postahredstealth, on 05 May 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I've run about 8 or 10 games on mine so far...  seems similar to any other phone.  Not crazy about the curved edges though.

 

the only problem I've had is that it's longer than my old phone so it's hard to get used to.

Im in a clan that you probably never heard about.

Im the player that makes utterly stupid decisions one battle but then gets an ace mastery the next one.


ahredstealth #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

    King Tater

  • Players
  • 18235 battles
  • 7,727
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostV1n2002, on 05 May 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

It's trash. Get an iPad.

 

I take it you've tried them then?  Anything specific you didn't like about it?  Why do you like the iPad better specifically?  Just because I'm curious.

 

Also, how is the cell reception on the iPad for phone calls and what not?  Do you ever get tired of holding the iPad to your head when you're talking on it?  Is it a pain to bring out with you at night...  Or do you have a purse (or satchel or something) that you keep it in?  How do you get it to sync up with a Printer via blue tooth?  I haven't been able to get mine to do that yet, so I'm curious if you know how.  Also, are they as easy to root?

 

Thanks!

 

EDIT: I forgot one...  How do you deal with the people who look at you like you're a freak'n moron for holding up an entire iPad to take pictures with when you're out and about instead of a phone or an actual camera?  That one's pretty important too...


Edited by ahredstealth, 08 May 2017 - 03:37 PM.

Wargaming server will serving you kindly


thallseeingi #6 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43946 battles
  • 128
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    10-07-2014

View Postahredstealth, on 08 May 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

 

I take it you've tried them then?  Anything specific you didn't like about it?  Why do you like the iPad better specifically?  Just because I'm curious.

 

Also, how is the cell reception on the iPad for phone calls and what not?  Do you ever get tired of holding the iPad to your head when you're talking on it?  Is it a pain to bring out with you at night...  Or do you have a purse (or satchel or something) that you keep it in?  How do you get it to sync up with a Printer via blue tooth?  I haven't been able to get mine to do that yet, so I'm curious if you know how.  Also, are they as easy to root?

 

Thanks!

 

EDIT: I forgot one...  How do you deal with the people who look at you like you're a freak'n moron for holding up an entire iPad to take pictures with when you're out and about instead of a phone or an actual camera?  That one's pretty important too...

 

my old a** eyes could never play on a phone and ive tried, not to mention the cramped controls. Props to those who can but I need the real estate

Smash the pillars of the pig empire

 


V1n2002 #7 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,200
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

View Postahredstealth, on 08 May 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

I take it you've tried them then?  Anything specific you didn't like about it?  Why do you like the iPad better specifically?  Just because I'm curious.

 

Also, how is the cell reception on the iPad for phone calls and what not?  Do you ever get tired of holding the iPad to your head when you're talking on it?  Is it a pain to bring out with you at night...  Or do you have a purse (or satchel or something) that you keep it in?  How do you get it to sync up with a Printer via blue tooth?  I haven't been able to get mine to do that yet, so I'm curious if you know how.  Also, are they as easy to root?

 

Thanks!

 

EDIT: I forgot one...  How do you deal with the people who look at you like you're a freak'n moron for holding up an entire iPad to take pictures with when you're out and about instead of a phone or an actual camera?  That one's pretty important too...

Hello M8...

I prefer Apple because their lroducts are guaranteed to work. Also, their app optimization is next to NONE. Also, the graphics are top notch with METAL technology, which is standard on new devices AFAIK. Also, the edge screen is easily cracked and for me seems ridiculous because we'll, it isn't flat. And so what what if you look silly? You have an iPad. They probably don't. Just mock them if possible, because that's what they deserve. It doesn't matter what they think.

 

Tech tips-

 

IPad has Bluetooth connectivity which can connect to mist Bluetooth printers. 

IPad has good cellular antennas for LABor whatever else you use. 

Newer iPad in general or really light and to make calls on it just get some Apple EarPods.

 

I recommend iPad.


much yummy :popcorn:

_OSIRIS #8 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

    something

  • Players
  • 20220 battles
  • 262
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    04-30-2015
I had the S8 Plus and ended up going back to my 6P. The curved edges were constantly giving off a reflection so I could never see the top and bottom of the screen. Drove me nuts. 

 

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry


V1n2002 #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,200
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

View Post_OSIRIS, on 11 May 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

I had the S8 Plus and ended up going back to my 6P. The curved edges were constantly giving off a reflection so I could never see the top and bottom of the screen. Drove me nuts. 

My girlfriend has rich parents yadda yadda she got the S8+. Next day had the iPhone 7+ because she didn't like the screen and found out it was more troublesome. Thankfully, she's an intelligent suburban person :)


much yummy :popcorn:

_OSIRIS #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

    something

  • Players
  • 20220 battles
  • 262
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    04-30-2015

View PostV1n2002, on 11 May 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

My girlfriend has rich parents yadda yadda she got the S8+. Next day had the iPhone 7+ because she didn't like the screen and found out it was more troublesome. Thankfully, she's an intelligent suburban person :)

 

lol I'm definitely not rich, I just took advantage of tmobile's return policy. Ask her if she can get you an iPad mini ;)

 

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry


GRIMREPER7 #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8115 battles
  • 184
  • [PRAVA]
  • Member since:
    06-12-2015

View Post_OSIRIS, on 11 May 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

I had the S8 Plus and ended up going back to my 6P. The curved edges were constantly giving off a reflection so I could never see the top and bottom of the screen. Drove me nuts. 

 

View PostV1n2002, on 11 May 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

My girlfriend has rich parents yadda yadda she got the S8+. Next day had the iPhone 7+ because she didn't like the screen and found out it was more troublesome. Thankfully, she's an intelligent suburban person :)

I haven't had any problems with the screen reflecting light (not saying you didn't). Also I love the screen. It's just amazing to look at.


Im in a clan that you probably never heard about.

Im the player that makes utterly stupid decisions one battle but then gets an ace mastery the next one.


V1n2002 #12 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,200
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

I never told you I'm pretty rich too. I have the new 'cheap' iPad that came out in March. O don't care for the pro and I don't need a special screen, an Air 1 case with a new chip is good enough for me. Also, I tend to spend money on things like the game itself and many many other things, like a clutch for my F-150 or hunting and four wheeling stuff. Lol


much yummy :popcorn:

_OSIRIS #13 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

    something

  • Players
  • 20220 battles
  • 262
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    04-30-2015

View PostGRIMREPER7, on 11 May 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

 

I haven't had any problems with the screen reflecting light (not saying you didn't). Also I love the screen. It's just amazing to look at.

 

It really is a beautiful screen. I just preferred the flat screen's utility and the front firing speakers on the 6P

 

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry


_OSIRIS #14 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:54 PM

    something

  • Players
  • 20220 battles
  • 262
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    04-30-2015

View PostV1n2002, on 11 May 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

I never told you I'm pretty rich too. I have the new 'cheap' iPad that came out in March. O don't care for the pro and I don't need a special screen, an Air 1 case with a new chip is good enough for me. Also, I tend to spend money on things like the game itself and many many other things, like a clutch for my F-150 or hunting and four wheeling stuff. Lol

 

Well in that case tell her to buy me an iPad Mini! lol

 

I tried the Pro, it was just too big. The mini is a perfect compromise for me


 

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry


V1n2002 #15 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 1,200
  • [FURY]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2015

Hehe 

 

I have big hands too so a 9.7" is perfect for me. I usually use a case with a stand on it and sit at a table or in my recliner. 

 

The reason I didn't get the mini  is because they're no cheaper and they have older chips.


Edited by V1n2002, 11 May 2017 - 07:59 PM.

much yummy :popcorn:




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users