The Autoloading French and Americans: Problems.

T57 Heavy AMX 50 B Autoloaders Autoloading Balance Playstyle Problems Gameplay T54E1 AMX 50 120

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you rather play this or that? (30 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you have a T57 Heavy or AMX 50 B?

1. AMX 50 B (12 votes [32.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. T57 Heavy (13 votes [35.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.14%

3. Neither. (12 votes [32.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

Which would you rather have or play?

1. AMX 50 B (24 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. T57 Heavy (6 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Hide poll

jtag20 #1 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12231 battles
  • [T28]

So, I am at the T54E1 on blitz. I loved the T69, and I like the clip size for the T54E1, it's a massive upgrade and it's really competitive for it's tier. But I have a problem. I looked at the gun's shell delay. 3 seconds. I'm putting out 1k dmg over 3 shells in 6 seconds. Sounds impressive? Actually, no. The T-54 has a 6-7 second reload. He can put out 600 dmg in the time it takes me to put out 600 dmg. I get one shell left in the cannon, and since it takes 3 seconds to reload that one shell, he can pull back. This is why the T54E1 is a brawler. Since it takes you so long to unload, you have to make sure the enemy can't get away. But then you have a problem. Even though your turret is amazing compared to the AMX 50 120's turret, it never works. Pretty much never. The thing is, since your armor never really works, you take excessive amounts of damage and can't bounce any of those shells returning to you as an answer to the ones you're putting out. I think that the gun on the AMX 50 120 would be perfect for the T54E1, and a little armor buff would make it an autoloader that has an actual role, instead of having a sniper gun but being more well armored than it's french counterpart, which has a fast unload speed with a bad aim time and bad accuracy. On blitz, the unload speed is 3 seconds for the T54E1 but on PC it's 2.22 seconds. Oh, and it gets worse the moment you go up a tier. Remember the T57 Heavy? It has the 5th best DPM on PC. (I think.) And it is SCARY. It gets the same alpha as on blitz, but an extra shell, which I think would make the T57 Heavy OP on blitz having four shells not three, not to mention it has an AUTOLOADER! So? It has bad accuracy. Bad aim time. Sounds like a bad tank, right? Well you'd be dead wrong. It gets an INSANE unloading speed, one that puts any other autoloader in the game to utter and absolute shame. But on blitz? 3.33 Second shell delay. My clip potential goes from the 1,050 on the T54E1 which takes 6 seconds to unload, to 1,200 on the T57 Heavy, which takes an entire extra second to unload. I'm sitting for an extra second letting that death star aim for longer to do what, an extra 150 dmg? Like, Hello? I'd rather play a tank that can meet tier eights and is more OP on a scale when looking at the clip potential compared to HP of tier eight mediums. That, and I'm faster than a T57 Heavy. 

The way the AMX 50 120 plays is just a broken as the T57 Heavy when you think about it carefully. The tank has no armor compared to the T54E1, but is encouraged to BRAWL and not SNIPE or 'Support your allies and don't go rogue,' which is the T54E1's job. Rule number one about figuring out if your tank can brawl is does it have armor? Heck no, the AMX is paper thin! But it gets worse accuracy than the T54E1 which is designed to brawl, so you have to get up close for your gun to hit anything, and a faster unloading speed than the T54E1, which the T54E1 needs in order to brawl without taking to much dmg, as it can bounce a shell here and there while the AMX can't at all, but because it takes the AMX a whole 5 seconds to unload it's entire magazine onto an unsuspecting cute and somewhat pathetic RU 251, people think, oh, I have to spend more time unloading on the guy in a T54E1 than in an AMX 50 120, THE AMX 50 120 MUST BE A BRAWLER! And then they go out, get into 1v1's and their tank gets destroyed because anything that sneezes from a mile away can damage the thing and then they see the T54E1 has more armor. IT MUST BE A BRAWLER! You go out, bounce a few shells, dump your magazine onto a tank, and die. Why? Because you are out there for so long compared to the AMX, that you have to take more shells than the AMX does! The same goes for the T57 Heavy and the AMX 50 B! The AMX tanks are support tanks as you have no armor and have to stay behind your allies and use their armor and HP as your own and then lay down some fire, but because you aren't up close to them, you need accuracy, which the AMX doesn't have. The T57 Heavy and T54E1 are brawlers that find an isolated tank and just go in, charge, yolo, whatever, and shoot the thing 'till it dies of crying. But since you take so long to unload, they can do a ton of damage to you and you may even die if you miss or bounce the last shell in your clip, as he has DPM and he isn't scared to shoot at you while you're reloading. You don't need accuracy at practically melee range, you need unload speed. This is why the new autoloaders don't have a clear role and why some say they absolutely suck. I see why. Some are hidden gems if you play them right. Others are just downright garbage, or even literal dirt no matter how good of a player you are, the play styles of these tanks are just broken. Some are balanced but have no clear role and thus many don't like them, and their popularity drops immensely. Others are so broken not even good players can use them consistently. OP = Over Powered. Over Powered = So good it breaks the game. Broken = So inconsistent, it's painful. One moment you're OP, the next you're in the worst tank ever. 

The american autoloaders are supposed to have armor that the french autoloaders don't, but since it doesn't ever really work all that well, you take pretty much the same amount of damage as any french tank would. That, and they have no clear role on the battlefield. Are they support tanks like true autoloaders should be, such as the T71, or are they lone wolves, like the T54E1 and AMX 50 120 can be sometimes? Wargaming should make their play styles similar to the play styles they have on PC. Fast, Accurate, High Penetration autoloaders on the french tanks, not brawling with no armor and dying instantly, or slow yet quite nimble and pretty mobile, with good armor and insane DPM for an autoloader that can dump the damage onto someone in mere moments on the americans, not what feels like minutes. PLEASE, PLEASE! Tell me your opinions in the comments below. :P 

Edited by jtag20, 08 May 2017 - 07:30 PM.

JohnsonBay #2 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

You Find The Bad Guy, I'll Get You Ice Cream For Dinner.

• Players
  • 10284 battles
  • [IRS]
Uh I'm Not Reading That.

Oooooooooooooooooooo Du Schöner WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE Sterwald!

fever872 #3 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

More cowbell

• Players
  • 20160 battles
  • [SLC]

Couldn't finish too long just use prammo it's a good tank a lil more mobility is all it needs to be perfect imo. Good luck and goodnight!

chaxter #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 539 battles
tl;dr

chaxter #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 539 battles

View Postfever872, on 07 May 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Couldn't finish too long just use prammo it's a good tank a lil more mobility is all it needs to be perfect imo. Good luck and goodnight!

pasdxd #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Creepy Profile Pic Connoisseur

• Players
  • 18198 battles
  • [PRAMO]

You're miscalculating the time it takes to unload the clips; The 54E1 only take 6 seconds to fully unload, the 50 120 and 50B only 5 seconds, and the T57 only 6.66 seconds. 

Also, the 54E1 has one of the best aim times at tier 9 (under 3.5 seconds with dynamic display iirc), which kind of negates the meh dispersion of the tank since you can aim in so quickly. On the move reticle bloom leaves a lot to be desired, so you can't really snapshot very well. 

theFANTASTICfox #7 Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

sparepartsophobia

• Players
  • 13674 battles
  • [DD]
Words cannot express how much I hate France right now. Am I the only one who loves my T57?

#24 in the IS-2 Victory

T49 ATGM: The most broken gift tank since the BT-7 Artillery

Robert_cormack21 #8 Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31015 battles
  • [TVMT]
All I know is my t69 shucks donkey balogne..worst tank I have ever used. It's slow and the gun is downright terrible. I won't even get up to the t54e1.

DarkTree03 #9 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6219 battles
  • [FOUND]
Anyone think the foch 155 should have the autoloader it has in pc and that all tanks should be more like pc version i.e.  bulldog has 10 shells, less hp on low tiers, more hp on high tiers, autoloaders have their long reloads but right amount of shells... (bulldog, amx 50b, foch 155...)

Davedt #10 Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16887 battles
  • [_OPS_]

View PostDarkTree03, on 09 September 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

Anyone think the foch 155 should have the autoloader it has in pc and that all tanks should be more like pc version i.e.  bulldog has 10 shells, less hp on low tiers, more hp on high tiers, autoloaders have their long reloads but right amount of shells... (bulldog, amx 50b, foch 155...)

​yes.... but don't hold your breath....:harp:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users