Jump to content


Field Test Event: Yes, it's Possible to Grind IS-2Sh

Grind Event Field Test IS-2Sh

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

DadNeedsADrink #1 Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

    World's Okayest Dad

  • Players
  • 42777 battles
  • 180
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2014

Who loves spreadsheets!?!?!

 

[Crickets]

 

Oh... well... anyway, I did the math and it looks like you can fully grind the IS-2Sh without gold. I created the following Google Sheet showing the Pin requirements and Spare Part payouts for the various tracks (screenshot included in the spoiler down below), as well as estimates of the average 3-mission-set Pin payouts: [Edit: Spreadsheet now defaults to a sheet where you enter in your Stage, Mission tier, and current Pin balance... it'll tell you whether you're likely to earn the IS-2Sh and calculate how many pins over/under you'll be (based upon the average Pin payout per tier... which you can beat with smart mission skipping)].

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 

Bottom line:

  • If you hit all your missions... with a little luck and/or selective mission skipping, you can get the IS-2Sh via tier VIII. [Edit: Only if you got the day 1 missions on 5/7, giving you 29 mission resets. If not, you'll definitely need some IX mixed in.]
  • If you go tier IX or X, you might even be able to snag the IS2-Sh and the bailout track
  • If your priority is spare parts and you expect to go all the way... you should go down the Booster path.
  • If your priority is spare parts and you don't think you'll play enough to get to get past stage VII... then go down the IS2-Sh path. 
  • If your priority is boosters... well, you're probably new at this and not checking the forum. On the off chance that you are, I'll take this opportunity to present an important tip: If the team calls a direction, please do us all a favor and follow along.

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by DadNeedsADrink, 18 May 2017 - 06:55 PM.


BluesAllDay #2 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8142 battles
  • 2,051
  • [SRV]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2016
Ive got too many tanks now. At the rate I'm getting spare parts any of the 9 tier seven tanks I own I won't see for 6-7 years. This is a non-event for me.

 

 


learning_permit #3 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 44296 battles
  • 28
  • [PXELT]
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

nice worksheet!

 

The spare parts paid in the event are so low. You probably get 100k+ SP out of completed missions in 14 days.

 



mehliveat #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 300 battles
  • 3,196
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014

You should note that you are using 29 sets for your calculation, and for quite a few out there, it is already an impossibility if they didn't save the set from prior to the event.

 

In short, tier 10s and tier 10s only if you want a free tank.


Edited by mehliveat, 08 May 2017 - 08:23 PM.


reluctanttheist #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,155
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
Upvoted because I LOVE spreadsheets ;)

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


john_bond_16_pc #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

    The name's bond...John bond.

  • Players
  • 16245 battles
  • 578
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    08-02-2016
good work! now all the forumers can stop whining

   ​"Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay."

​Ptank2012
              
 COD-R CLAN DEP & TRPD MATE

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Stats:                                                                                       

       

CC_Sly #7 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

    Community Lead

  • Players
  • 3092 battles
  • 1,445
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

View PostDadNeedsADrink, on 08 May 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Who loves spreadsheets!?!?!

View Postreluctanttheist, on 08 May 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Upvoted because I LOVE spreadsheets ;)

 

:great: - we are a rare breed. 

 

Thank you for making this. Breaks it down in relativity easy to digest points and what one will need to do in order to get down the various lines.

 

 


FORMER

  Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

   Forum Rules - EULA TOS

   Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

 


Kuleana #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

    Hawaiian Warrior

  • Players
  • 23968 battles
  • 1,167
  • [HI808]
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016

View PostDadNeedsADrink, on 08 May 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

: If the team calls a direction, please do us all a favor and follow along.

Good advice.



Big_Tidday_Goth_GF #9 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23949 battles
  • 2,931
  • [KATAR]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014
I sat out the goose event because I just grew sick of it but I don't feel so bad about this.  Maybe that's the secret - skip every other one.  Hopefully the next one is an awful tank I don't want like the M6 Zika virus edition.

E 50 M: "Gungnir" T-62A: "Charon" Leopard 1: "Tyrfing" Obj. 140: "Deimos" E 100: "Gram" M48 Patton: "Justice" STB-1: "Muramasa" FV4202: "Narsil" FV 215b: "Anduril"  Grille 15: "Mystletainn" IS-4: "Scamander" IS-7 "Ionia" T110E5: "Eclipse" Maus: "Tarnhelm" Obj. 263: "Aristeia" AMX 50 B: "Durandel" Foch 155: "Joyeuse" M60: "Traveller"


Forward_To_Death #10 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:14 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5481 battles
  • 942
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2016
Good stuff, Mission payouts look good for V.


DadNeedsADrink #11 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

    World's Okayest Dad

  • Players
  • 42777 battles
  • 180
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2014

View Postmehliveat, on 08 May 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

You should note that you are using 29 sets for your calculation, and for quite a few out there, it is already an impossibility if they didn't save the set from prior to the event.

 

In short, tier 10s and tier 10s only if you want a free tank.

 

Yeah, I imagine many people could have missed the Pins on the first night (Sun, 5/7) if they accidentally/unknowingly completed their missions after the afternoon mission/bonus reset (3pm EDT) and before the event started (8pm EDT). I've added some info for 28 mission resets. I think it's still possible with VIII and some selective skipping, but you may need some IX mixed in. 


Paradox_Donut #12 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

    Russian Sealclubber

  • Players
  • 35504 battles
  • 1,319
  • [GHSN]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2015
YAY!

 /img

I   hAvE nO iDeA wHaT i'M dOiNg

mehliveat #13 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 300 battles
  • 3,196
  • Member since:
    08-05-2014

View PostDadNeedsADrink, on 09 May 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

 

Yeah, I imagine many people could have missed the Pins on the first night (Sun, 5/7) if they accidentally/unknowingly completed their missions after the afternoon mission/bonus reset (3pm EDT) and before the event started (8pm EDT). I've added some info for 28 mission resets. I think it's still possible with VIII and some selective skipping, but you may need some IX mixed in. 

 

Tier 8 average is 2876 per set.  28 sets gives 80528.  29 sets gives 83403 IT IS IMPOSSBILE TO DO IT AT TIER 8.  If you want to mix it up with tier 9s, you first need to be doing 29 sets, and do at least 13 of those at tier 9.  If you missed the first set and only got 28 set, tier 9 won't even do the job at 3k per set, ending up with 84k.  You need 29 sets at tier 9.

 

So for all intensive purposes, its tier 10 and tier 10s only if you want the free tank.  It get rid of the RNG in the pins, and allows a bit of buffer for you to miss some missions during the event.

 

 


Edited by mehliveat, 08 May 2017 - 09:39 PM.


DadNeedsADrink #14 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

    World's Okayest Dad

  • Players
  • 42777 battles
  • 180
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2014

View Postmehliveat, on 08 May 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

 

Tier 8 average is 2876 per set.  28 sets gives 80528.  29 sets gives 83403 IT IS IMPOSSBILE TO DO IT AT TIER 8.  If you want to mix it up with tier 9s, you first need to be doing 29 sets, and do at least 13 of those at tier 9.  If you missed the first set and only got 28 set, tier 9 won't even do the job at 3k per set, ending up with 84k.  You need 29 sets at tier 9.

 

So for all intensive purposes, its tier 10 and tier 10s only if you want the free tank.  It get rid of the RNG in the pins, and allows a bit of buffer for you to miss some missions during the event.

 

 

 

2873 is my average Pin payout at tier VIII so far. I note that it's a very small sampling, and I suspect it may be possible to do better with good skipping. Nevertheless, I agreed that we'd likely need some IX mixed in and I had already updated the spreadsheet to say 8.5 and 9.  [EDIT: As of 5/10, my average Pin payout per mission set is now up to 2910, thanks to a good skip yesterday. If I can raise my average by 22 Pins, then I will indeed grind this out at tier VIII.]

 

Side note: It's "intents and purposes"


Edited by DadNeedsADrink, 10 May 2017 - 02:23 PM.


Destroy0 #15 Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

    Currently Unavailable

  • Players
  • 23292 battles
  • 2,599
  • [FRS17]
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016

:( I miss a mission set every weekday. My school starts at 8 am and ends at 3 pm, so there is nothing I can do. I think it would be best for Wargaming to implement a system that allows us to set at what time we reset so everyone has a chance and not just people who don't have work or school.


Edited by Destroy0, 08 May 2017 - 10:11 PM.


I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #16 Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37073 battles
  • 966
  • [PNCR]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

View PostDadNeedsADrink, on 08 May 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Who loves spreadsheets!?!?!

 

[Crickets]

 

Oh... well... anyway, I did the math and it looks like you can fully grind the IS-2Sh without gold. I created the following Google Sheet showing the Pin requirements and Spare Part payouts for the various tracks (screenshot included in the spoiler down below), as well as estimates of the average 3-mission-set Pin payouts:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

 

Bottom line:

  • If you hit all your missions... with a little luck and/or selective mission skipping, you can get the IS-2Sh via tier VIII. [Edit: Only if you got the day 1 missions on 5/7, giving you 29 mission resets. If not, you'll definitely need some IX mixed in.]
  • If you go tier IX or X, you might even be able to snag the IS2-Sh and the bailout track
  • If your priority is spare parts and you expect to go all the way... you should go down the Booster path.
  • If your priority is spare parts and you don't think you'll play enough to get to get past stage VII... then go down the IS2-Sh path. 
  • If your priority is boosters... well, you're probably new at this and not checking the forum. On the off chance that you are, I'll take this opportunity to present an important tip: If the team calls a direction, please do us all a favor and follow along.

 

 

WAIT

Don't do that... Just got news of update 3.9: 

Changes in equipment
       *spare metals per battle x50
       *requirement to update full tier to progress removed
       *time decreased 40%
       *special tracks ability removed
       *consumable equipment replaced by telescope and long range mode
       *long range mode - reduce mobility by 50%, accuracy, shot dynamic, increase 50%
       *enhanced shells bonus decreased 5% to 2.5%

 

 

You can grind out the spare parts you get from the event in less than 10 wins at any tier above 5... Just go for the tank


Bring back the T49A


Tomio_Hara #17 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

    Monteagle madness

  • Players
  • 22699 battles
  • 3,465
  • [SR-72]
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014
Boosters FTW! I got slapped with tier VI missions this morning after credit farming so it looks like i might miss this event

 

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!


RandomDeamon #18 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 59838 battles
  • 477
  • [FL0CK]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Who care the game as it is sucks and I won't be playing. So file that spread sheet in the circular cabinet. 

CptCheez #19 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

    This Space Intentionally Left Blank

  • Players
  • 15398 battles
  • 6,798
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postalexanderhu, on 08 May 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Don't do that... Just got news of update 3.9: 

Changes in equipment
       *spare metals per battle x50
       *requirement to update full tier to progress removed
       *time decreased 40%
       *special tracks ability removed
       *consumable equipment replaced by telescope and long range mode
       *long range mode - reduce mobility by 50%, accuracy, shot dynamic, increase 50%
       *enhanced shells bonus decreased 5% to 2.5%

 

C'mon dude, really?  A consumable that reduces mobility by 50% and increases accuracy by 50%?

 

If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell ya...


"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."


I_Am_Not_Toxic_I_Swear #20 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37073 battles
  • 966
  • [PNCR]
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

View PostCptCheez, on 08 May 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:

 

C'mon dude, really?  A consumable that reduces mobility by 50% and increases accuracy by 50%?

 

If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell ya...

 

TBH I didn't actually read the whole thing that carefully... maybe it needs like 6 seconds to set up?

 

 

Spoiler

 


Bring back the T49A





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users