• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 339 battles
  • [WGA]

Hey Tankers,

CC_Sly and I have been paying attention and wanted to update you on where we are at as a team.  I realize we have not been super vocal the last few days, but we have been collecting the torrent of post-patch negative response to the 3.8 equipment changes (see interpretive dog GIF re-enactment below) and have summarized what we feel are the most important pain points.

We understand that most of you:

• Feel that the timers represent a cynical cash-grab on Wargaming's part, which is particularly offensive because previously Blitz's lack of such mechanics was a unique selling point.
  • Feel that the compensation for the removed pieces of equipment was grossly inadequate (and some of you have done some particularly elaborate maths to support this).
  • Feel that Spare Parts are gained far too slowly (and are not gained upon sale of a tank)
  • Feel that these changes have disincentivized you from playing many of the vehicles in your garage or adding more vehicles to it (also good supporting maths).
  • Miss binocs and don't like some of the choices the new system forces you to make
  • Feel that the reality of the patch is just as bad as you told us it would be.
  • Have some pretty good t-shirt/3.8 jokes for our Amazon Store.

As always, as long as the forum rules are followed you are welcome to keep the pitchforks out and the torrent of righteous (but hopefully also constructive) fury coming.  We are not going to pretend that everything is fine and ask you to move on - this patch's impact on the community is well appreciated here.  That said, we do have other things to address, so please do not take us posting or discussing other topics as though we are ignoring you on this subject.  

There will be another Den on the subject of 3.8 equipment this Friday, and if you feel that you have a significant issue not covered by the list above please post it here for consideration.  Additionally, the release feedback thread in the Update Center is still open.  We will also continue to try and respond to as many PMs and personal inquiries as possible, but please understand that we have many demands on our time and a whole lot of those coming in so your patience is greatly appreciated.

That's it for now. If we have news of change we will share it with you as soon as we are able.

Edited by CabbageMechanic, 09 May 2017 - 12:55 AM.

1zpjqpv.gif

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

BluesAllDay #2 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7070 battles
  • [SRV]
Thank You

Unplayed tanks in the garage with 100% crew.

Tier 1, FT. Tier 5, SU 851. Tier 6, KV-2. Tier 8, KV-4, IS-3, T-44, IS-6, Lowe

alexanderhu #3 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23453 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hey Tankers,

CC_Sly and I have been paying attention and wanted to update you on where we are at as a team.  I realize we have not been super vocal the last few days, but we have been collecting the torrent of post-patch negative response to the 3.8 equipment changes (see interpretive dog GIF re-enactment below) and have summarized what we feel are the most important pain points.

• Feel that the timers represent a cynical cash-grab on Wargaming's part, which is particularly offensive because previously Blitz's lack of such mechanics was a unique selling point.
  • Feel that the compensation for the removed pieces of equipment was grossly inadequate (and some of you have done some particularly elaborate maths to support this).
  • Feel that Spare Parts are gained far too slowly
  • Feel that these changes have disincentivized you from playing many of the vehicles in your garage or adding more vehicles to it (also good supporting maths).
  • Miss binocs and don't like some of the choices the new system forces you to make

As always, as long as the forum rules are followed you are welcome to keep the pitchforks out and the torrent of righteous (but hopefully also constructive) fury coming.  We are not going to pretend that everything is fine and ask you to move on - this patch's impact on the community is well appreciated here.  That said, we do have other things to address, so please do not take us posting or discussing other topics as though we are ignoring you on this subject.  

There will be another Den on the subject of 3.8 equipment this Friday, and if you feel that you have a significant issue not covered by the list above please post it here for consideration.  Additionally, the release feedback thread in the Update Center is still open.  We will also continue to try and respond to as many PMs and personal inquiries as possible, but please understand that we have many demands on our time and a whole lot of those coming in so your patience is greatly appreciated.

That's it for now. If we have news of change we will share it with you as soon as we are able.

Whether the Devs at WG Hq are deaf or not

We understand that you Community contributers and "lesser staff" are paying attention, but the Devs certainly are not. Thats all from me

A direct reply from one or a few of WG's Devs would acknowledge that they are actually paying attention, such as a video or a post

Edited by alexanderhu, 08 May 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Certified T6 Dracula StatPadder

Ranked NA:          #9 T34 /\ #10 T49a /\ #13 AMX 13 75 /\ #24 T54E1

sweet1emotion #4 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1030 battles
  • [RHIN0]
So all I've heard is you acknowledge the fire..but that doesn't help anyone. What is going to be done about it??!!!??!!

Tomio_Hara #5 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 20269 battles
  • [XWING]
Thank you Cabbage, I really feel like it boils down to just how long it takes to get equipment because of spare parts and timers. Lowering equipment prices by a lot (or increasing compensation) would certainly be a good place to start putting out this fire that is 3.8.

Edited by Tomio_Hara, 08 May 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

r4zrbl4de #6 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14045 battles
  • [ATLS]
Tell the guys in the t-shirt department that we apologize for making them feel like crap for other departments' mistakes; they, specifically, don't deserve the bad reviews

Mullet_cat #7 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

HEAT magnet

• Players
  • 11393 battles
  • [STR8]
Have we even gotten an M60 explanation yet?

BrickSniper33 #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 1076 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hey Tankers,

and as always we will say we are taking your feed back seriously but will in reality will as always totally ignore  it and continue with our cash grab updates until we have totally rekt wotbitz and then will move on to wot, wow and wowp to do the same sort of thing.

i think you forgot to type this last part. saved you the trouble:)

jk, thanks CM we appreciate it and i hope you wg guys have learned a valuable lesson: actually listen to your player bases wants if you want to have them spend money and keep your game going   

Edited by BrickSniper33, 08 May 2017 - 11:34 PM.

my stats: (http://www.blitzstar...ru/legoeinstein) I never said they where good.

Current Garage: Type 62, Type 59, KV-2, BT-7, luchs, leopard VK 16.02, Ru 251,Tiger II, AC 1 sentinel, AC IV sentinel, BT-SV, AT-15A, Pz. IV S, M4A3E8 Fury, Strv 74A2, Cromwell Berlin, KV-5, IS-3D, FCM 50 t, BT-7 arty, Pz. II J, Pz. S35, Pz. B2, A-32, Luchs, SU-122-44, T6 Dracula, E25, Ram II, Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi, Tetrarch, T14, SU-76I, TOG II, WZ-112, WZ-135G FT, Self Propelled 17pdr Valentine Mk I Archer aka Angry Conner. Grosstraktor-Krupp, Blitzs' resident Dr. Who, Lego loving anime hater (    WoT/blitz/WS/WPs' #1 anime hater and proud of it!)

11th best AC 4 Sentinel driver on Ru

How can you tell if someone has morals and/or a conscience? Just ask one question, Do they own a Pz II J? (Guilty as charged)

acrisis #9 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19197 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Just about ...

- no incentive to buy another premium

- no incentive to buy another tank

- no incentive to buy more premium time

- no incentive to sell a tank (not a single spare part or credit in return for equipment)

- clans are bleeding players

- eager to hear how 3.8 fits into other plans for the future

- WG sure proved they did not listen to players  post-video & pre-release of 3.8 ... what does it take for WG to live up to WG's own core values

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

Foo4Boo #10 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10959 battles
  • [VAGNA]

Dear Salad mechanic

Do you like your salad tossed or shaken?

If you check my garage I have spent money in the pasta, lots of premium tanks and 100 days of premium time left.

I just downloaded 3.8 after holding out for pretty much a week because I disagree with that the Creators and Development team have come up with.

I have played about 3 battles and I don't like it.

To mount equipment I need credits, even though I have a premium account and maintain a above 52 percent win rate.

I don't have any credits.

I also need credits to resupply ammo, camo, repairs, boosters, consumables 

I don't have any credits

Now I need spare parts

I don't have any credits

I don't have hardly any spare parts

Why is someone on premium time with lots of premium tanks that doesn't like their salad tossed in this position?

I spend money on this game and  I feel game poor more than ever.

And I must play missions now to get spare parts, well my missions are tier 10, I only have the OBJ140 which doesn't earn credits which means I need to play lower tanks to grind credits but I don't have credits to grind for more credits so that I can use my OBJ to grind for spare parts.

This game has become a clusterfudge of fudgery

This update has destroyed anything I enjoyed about it, and update 3.9 doesn't matter because I won't be around for it.

sweet1emotion #11 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1030 battles
  • [RHIN0]
People ! do not let the mods try to passively guide you to a ( oh my bad I'm sorry I'm mad about 3.8) the answer to mods. NO! I know it's not there fault.(they do too.) This is what WG wants them to do. Keep the 3.8 rants and low app stars and bad reviews going.! Do not let WG try to sweep this under the table.

Foo4Boo #12 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10959 battles
  • [VAGNA]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hey Tankers,

So Maddog has not been paying attention?

KanKanMikan #13 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 19146 battles
  • [PURPL]
Quick! Grab more Pepsi!

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

thermodelicious #14 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3150 battles
  • [LMFA0]
Funny thing is 3.8 has totally created a disincentive to spend money on this game. If the goal was to curtail people from spending money then bravo, great success!

e___18989 #15 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26911 battles
  • [O_C_S]
Thank you for the update and for your continued efforts for Blitz and all of us. 

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.co...4AzNFKLkgEZZjGQ

sweet1emotion #16 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1030 battles
  • [RHIN0]

View Poste___18989, on 08 May 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Thank you for the update and for your continued efforts for Blitz and all of us. 

Dude this is not a update. It's what they all knew before the update. they were told and told and told. This is just them stalling for time.!

olddatsunfan #17 Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28907 battles
  • [-CFR-]
Thank you for acknowledging your view on our concerns on the 3.8 equipment update.  However, I believe there is a point that you and the other community managers are missing.  The premium tanks.  There is now little reason to purchase a premium tank as it now must be ground out to equip.  One of the guilty pleasures of treating yourself to a premium vehicle was that they where ready to go out of the box.  The new system is a disincentive to purchase such a vehicle now as you can only use it to grind credits, it cannot advance a regular tech tree progression, you may as well spend the time grinding out and using the spare parts on the tech tree equivilant ...

TseTseZen #18 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15417 battles
  • [OST]

The impression I get with your understandings is that you feel many things but the core issue is not clearly explained:

• Many of us have paid to BUY tanks to their full potential. Either by accelerating their development, either by buying an already fully upgraded premium tank, i.e. paying REAL money for REAL products. Digital things are real products and we are real customers. All WOT employees live out of the digital money that exist in your game.
  • Downgrading the products we already bought means taking money out our pockets. That should not be legal.

Just adding a small thing since this may sound offensive. You are free to make any change you want to the tanks we did not buy, it's the game, but not ask us to re-upgrade with REAL money products we already bought.

Edited by TseTseZen, 09 May 2017 - 12:05 AM.

jtag20 #19 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12264 battles
  • [T28]
Why do people want to ruin this game's popularity? If this new update is so bad, then why are people still playing the game? Wargaming, Don't listen to the people that post stuff like this on the forums. Post another in-game poll and ask people DIRECTLY and then you will get proper answers. I've asked people how they like the new system and they say that it's fine except for a few minor things. Most of those people are newer to the game and don't know what the forums are. You're believing a bunch of people that think that this game can be 'perfect' when it's just a game, don't play it for a little if you don't want to. And if you are really that upset, then get good at the game and play without using any equipment. I don't put any equipment on any of my tier nine and below tanks now because it's to expensive for me as I have a ton of tanks in my garage, but my win rate and stats are steadily climbing. Why? Because I don't bother with the things I can grind for that barely give me much of an edge in battle, instead, I grind my SKILL level. Big difference, and if people don't like where this game is headed, then they can just delete the game because you guys don't need to fix it unless you want to. 

Foo4Boo #20 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10959 battles
  • [VAGNA]

View Poste___18989, on 08 May 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

You know WWE is fake right?

Also tagged with 3.8

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users