Check-in Regarding 3.8 Equipment Feedback

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Derf19 #61 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:03 AM

Left Coast Lagger

• Players
  • 23482 battles
  • [III-X]

This is from another thread I posted on earlier with a lil extra added. I will leave it hear so hopefully someone from WG will read it. For me it goes way beyond the 3.8 update. I've always been happy to spend money on this great game but it's no longer a great game. It's like that cool truck that someone put too many bells and whistles on and now looks like cr@p. It was a game people spent money on because it was great and now it has turned into a game of how can I make it so difficult/frustrating for players that they will have to spend money. The question on the thread was "what would it take to change my bad rating in the app store?" Here's my answer:

" Keep it simple stupid" quit adding unnecessary bells and whistles. 

They are over complicating the game. I think they forgot that it's a mobile game. Part of the attraction to the game was it's simplicity. Earn credits and xp to equip, upgrade, and buy new tanks. Done easy! Now there's spare parts, crew skills, boosters, timers, certificates, credit nerfs, no binocs, etc. Too complicated for a mobile game, IMO. Also every tank film you ever see has a commander out of his hatch with binocs and we don't have them in game anymore:facepalm:

The graphics and simplicity of the game was so awesome. The ability to jump on and into a few battles in between real life duties was great. Now it's too complicated for me. I am a working adult with a lot going on in my life and this game was a way to get away from all of that. Now it's more complicated than my real life. I'm fortunate to make a good living and have expendable income and spent a lot of it on this game. I have over 23k battles so you know I played a lot.  I no longer play even though I have over 100 days of premium time. The first two years I bought the 360 days of premium time but did not purchase this year because I didn't like where this game was going. Now i'm glad I didn't get it and I wish I could get a refund for the time I have left. I also have almost 15k in gold and no motivation to spend it on anything this game is offering. I also spent tons of money on my sons account so I represent two accounts lost. I hope someone from WG see's this post because they lost one of their best customers. 

I know it's a business and I understand that the changes are a business decision. I do not agree or like them so I will show that with my own business decision and what I feel is most effective, my wallet.

BTW I had not given a rating but just went on and gave Blitz ONE star.  Bring back down votes so I could give one to WG.

Thank you from a very disappointed long time loyal wallet warrior

Edited by Derf19, 09 May 2017 - 05:20 AM.

"I'm Not Young Enough To Know Everything" -Oscar Wilde

Tier X Tanks I Don't Have: T57, OBJ.263, STB-1, AMX 50 B

Tanks I'm Grinding: T69 & Type 61 

Me 30 Day Stats Here

LONGSHANKS1963 #62 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26300 battles
  • [OLDS]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hey Tankers,

CC_Sly and I have been paying attention and wanted to update you on where we are at as a team.  I realize we have not been super vocal the last few days, but we have been collecting the torrent of post-patch negative response to the 3.8 equipment changes (see interpretive dog GIF re-enactment below) and have summarized what we feel are the most important pain points.

We understand that most of you:

• Feel that the timers represent a cynical cash-grab on Wargaming's part, which is particularly offensive because previously Blitz's lack of such mechanics was a unique selling point.
  • Feel that the compensation for the removed pieces of equipment was grossly inadequate (and some of you have done some particularly elaborate maths to support this).
  • Feel that Spare Parts are gained far too slowly (and are not gained upon sale of a tank)
  • Feel that these changes have disincentivized you from playing many of the vehicles in your garage or adding more vehicles to it (also good supporting maths).
  • Miss binocs and don't like some of the choices the new system forces you to make
  • Feel that the reality of the patch is just as bad as you told us it would be.
  • Have some pretty good t-shirt/3.8 jokes for our Amazon Store.

As always, as long as the forum rules are followed you are welcome to keep the pitchforks out and the torrent of righteous (but hopefully also constructive) fury coming.  We are not going to pretend that everything is fine and ask you to move on - this patch's impact on the community is well appreciated here.  That said, we do have other things to address, so please do not take us posting or discussing other topics as though we are ignoring you on this subject.  

There will be another Den on the subject of 3.8 equipment this Friday, and if you feel that you have a significant issue not covered by the list above please post it here for consideration.  Additionally, the release feedback thread in the Update Center is still open.  We will also continue to try and respond to as many PMs and personal inquiries as possible, but please understand that we have many demands on our time and a whole lot of those coming in so your patience is greatly appreciated.

That's it for now. If we have news of change we will share it with you as soon as we are able.

Equip was fine one mayby two slots as far as that was good never needed strip what we liked nobody dances the same you played the wrong song 

chaxter #63 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 725 battles
  • [CR0WZ]

View PostRoadKutter, on 09 May 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

I'll say this again. 3 tier nine missions when completed award 5k spare parts. To unlock a tier tree equipment slot you need 14400 spare parts. So the logic is that I'll complete 9 missions in tier nine to unlock one piece of equipment in tier three! How does that make sense? 

I'd rather just dump my whole garage and play till the cash runs our. 

Why participate in events, so that I'll get a useless tank that I'll have to do endless issions to equip? 

Maybe you shouldn't have flogged the donkey to death before hanging a new carrot on the stick. 

Explain to me how a idiotic timer has anything to do with a fast paced mobile game? Or were you not expecting this level of player retention? 

Standardpanzer__E75 #64 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles
  • [11TH_]
Although the equipment idea is fair all points brought up are extremely valid. Also we're not joking on the Amazon store posts those are 100% valid also. 

Edited by Standardpanzer__E75, 09 May 2017 - 04:21 AM.

sweet1emotion #65 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1135 battles
  • [RHIN0]

People ! do not let the mods try to passively guide you to a ( oh my bad I'm sorry I'm mad about 3.8) the answer to mods. NO! I know it's not there fault.(they do too.) This is what WG wants them to do. Keep the 3.8 rants and low app stars and bad reviews going.! Do not let WG try to sweep this under the table.

Also found this too. This is why I don't trust any employee from WG. The have lost my respect and trust

From a Mr Conway. He's a Dev/mod/admin/ ?

I know that you guys are very disappointed about the changes made with 3.8, but I would like to clarify some of the false information spread in this thread and explain what will happen if you do follow this forced-refund route.

Firstly let me clarify our refund policy:

We are generally happy to refund purchases that were made, provided:

• The goods you purchased were not used (tanks not played, gold not spent, premium time not used)
  • The payment method is refundable
  • More information here.

However, if you contact Apple like OP did and ask them to refund everything purchased, this will most likely include items that were already used. In these cases the items in question cannot be removed from the account by us and we are forced to lock the account until all the money, for items that were used and then refunded, has been repaid.

I would therefore strongly recommend everyone not to follow OP's route as this might prevent you from playing the game for a significant amount of time until the issue has been resolved.

If you have any questions about the refund process or want to check if you can have something refunded, please contact our support team.

Forgotten_Fox #66 Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Zootopia's Slyest Fox

• Players
  • 33525 battles
  • [PURPL]

The post covers everything EXCEPT WG RESPONSE. We warned them of the impending nuke. We negotiated, had chats with mods, gave feedback, we did everything to voice our opinion. Then WG IGNORES the opinion that they so carefully gathered, just to ask for an opinion again AFTER the update nuke has killed thousands. Why did WG ignore us when we gave them feedback, only to ask for said feedback again AFTER they screw over thousands of players? 

Premium Collection Almost Complete: Missing Chieftain and Type 64.

Some call me a Wallet Warrior, Some call me a Hacker... In reality, I'm simply a Fox.

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

mlacunza #67 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 37700 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Postr4zrbl4de, on 08 May 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

I agree with you on that last part that we now have to devote our precious spare parts to equipping the premium tank, but we've always had to grind out equipment for it. They never came with equipment right after purchasing, so that point isn't quite valid. But you're right on the other part; I don't want to buy a premium tank (let's say tier 8) now just to dump 60k+ spare parts into it.

+1

Saludos!

mlacunza #68 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 37700 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

Thanks for posting.  Regarding "ghost shells" - there has been a lot of investigation into this issue and in nearly every case it has been tracked to packet loss causing an improper display of in-game events.  If this happened more after a certain patch there may certainly be some software related issues, but in order to find those we really will need as much information as possible from those affected because we have been unable to replicate the issue reliably under any conditions. 

If you or anyone else you are aware of have any video of this occurring (big ask I know) or other solid chunks of information, please submit a Customer Support ticket and PM me the number so I can make sure Raizei and I get a chance to look at it and see if we can get a proper bug report filed for another investigation.

I think this is because some noobs don't understand the spotting mechanic and view ranges, ghost shells could be blind shots? The other day I was ammoracked for that kind of "ghosts shell" after game I ask to the player how he found me if I was not sppotted, he said me: I know in that position TDs goes so I shut just in case....

Saludos!

Tackmoney #69 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24625 battles
  • [DD]
Yay the cool aid drinker had spoken.

Gib_Savages #70 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27924 battles
  • [III]

Thank you for acknowledging the issues and summarizing it fairly well. Hopefully this translates to action and change for the better.

One point I think should be added concerns the daily user experience. Having to click through multiple tanks every time you log in to see where timers are at is just pure TEDIUM. Multiple times a day as you have to include downtime into the overall timers.  Even the countdown indicator is inadequate as, for example, a tier 3 and tier 9 side by side in your main garage screen will show the same clock indicator while one can be 19 minutes and the other 23 hours. It's non-stop clicking through tanks.

As somebody mentioned last week, this is supposed to be Blitz. Quick and fast. This has changed.

Right now, because my tanks are nowhere near equipped, I have to ignore anniversary prompts, I have to ignore certain missions (e.g. nation specific), I have to ignore 2x resets, and have a newly purchased tech tree tank sitting idle in my garage... waiting...

BorisBaddenov #71 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 20521 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Prior to 3.8 I had about 100 tanks that were as fully competitive as I could make them.

After 3.8 I had exactly zero tanks that were as fully competitive as I could make them - and not a single one of my tanks had V-Stab.

I was given some Spare Parts as "compensation" for the missing equipment, but I'm not given enough to Equip all my tanks.  Heck, I wasnt even given enough to put V-stab back on the tanks that had V-stab prior to 3.8.  And to make it even more fun! I get to enjoy timers to unlock my equipment slots.

People on the forums have called this "stealing".  While I'm not sure if that is the proper word to use - I certainly do feel like I was ripped off.  

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

ZROFUX #72 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9102 battles
  • [TEXAS]
Don't forget about the nerfed rammer and lack of vents where there were vents before. 

SpartacusDiablo #73 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 14511 battles
  • [SPUD]
I appreciate your response but unless WG does something​ phenomenal to restore my trust and faith in your company I fear that it is too little, too late. I used to tell friends and colleagues about what a fun game this was...those days are gone now.

I honestly hope that your bosses are able to fix the damage that they caused. I want to like this game and your company again.

Goat_Rodeo #74 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11954 battles
  • [III-X]

View Postacrisis, on 08 May 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

- no incentive to buy another premium

- no incentive to buy another tank

- no incentive to buy more premium time

- no incentive to sell a tank (not a single spare part or credit in return for equipment)

- clans are bleeding players

So much this. I came back a week before the 3.h8 update notes came out and began working a few new lines. Was actually having fun again in Blitz when the rug came out from under foot. Post patch opened the garage and started the mentally deficient timers, took some screen shots for documentation and logged off. Ran the Kenny and ARL 44 yesterday for the first time post update and there was abslutely zero passion involved in it.

goat_rodeo_leo_eng.jpeg

VICTIM OF THE GREAT 3.H8 BELARUSIAN THROW OF 2017. 

#NOTMYUPDATE 

_War_Child_ #75 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35773 battles
  • [III]

Acknowledging the issues?  They KNOW the issues.  You think they're just now discovering them on the NA forum for the first time?  This thread is useless, except to placate the few of you who are gullible enough to believe that someone cares.  Cabbage and the rest of the NA care, and in the end can offer you a hug or maybe an o7, but they can't do SQUAT when it comes to anything we want.  They can't provide you with anything more than a shoulder to cry on.  As I said somewhere above:

NA staff are good people and we support them.

NA staff are powerless to do anything except provide emotional support.

NA staff has 0 input into any changes that might occur in game.

NA staff make attempts at calming the savage beast with thoughtful sounding posts.

NA forums respond with individual support for NA staff and complete disdain for Wargaming home office.

Wargaming Home Office - continues to press forward with their New Year's resolution to change Blitz into a giant moneymaker.

Wargaming Home Office - proves time and time again that they do not care about their playerbase.

The fatal flaw with all of the recent moves is that Wargaming put the stick too high for the dog to jump.  And the few dogs that are willing to make the leap, come down with a tiny twig that doesn't entice the rest of the pack to act.  Right now, things are working as intended - ratings are plummeting and negativity is peaking - and no one cares...

Edited by _War_Child_, 09 May 2017 - 02:18 PM.

reluctanttheist #76 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22162 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postsweet1emotion, on 08 May 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Really? I call it total B.S. these guys knew what was going to happen beforehand​. All there doing now is crowd control. At WG's request.

Really?  Give it a break.  They had no idea even a few days before the release as to what was going to happen. Read their posts from that time.  If you think they're here to assuage your rage, think again.  These guys are just as flummoxed by Belarus as we are. It's high time to discuss the problem, and they're on it.  You think this thread is going to change the one-star reviews and bad press?  Not at all.  Save the vitriol for something else. 

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Rage777 #77 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13508 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 09 May 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Prior to 3.8 I had about 100 tanks that were as fully competitive as I could make them.

After 3.8 I had exactly zero tanks that were as fully competitive as I could make them - and not a single one of my tanks had V-Stab.

I was given some Spare Parts as "compensation" for the missing equipment, but I'm not given enough to Equip all my tanks.  Heck, I wasnt even given enough to put V-stab back on the tanks that had V-stab prior to 3.8.  And to make it even more fun! I get to enjoy timers to unlock my equipment slots.

People on the forums have called this "stealing".  While I'm not sure if that is the proper word to use - I certainly do feel like I was ripped off.  

Yep... take all your equipment away then charge you more to replace it AND make you work harder to earn it back.  This is an EPIC RIPOFF!!  How can you reset what we already purchased WG!?!?!  No more $ until this is made right, and you have a LONG WAY TO GO to make that happen!!!

WWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFF

DrLuigiPhd #78 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15271 battles
  • [III]

View PostZROFUX, on 09 May 2017 - 03:42 AM, said:

Don't forget about the nerfed rammer and lack of vents where there were vents before. 

The nerf to gun rammer didn't do much since it affected everyone the same and no one has a legacy gun rammer still at 10%. The real thing this accomplished is buffing autoloaders that couldn't mount a rammer anyway. They get access to vents where the rest of the tanks with rammer don't which brings them even more on par. 

Ramit5000 #79 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23299 battles
  • [4GIVN]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 08 May 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Hey Tankers,

CC_Sly and I have been paying attention and wanted to update you on where we are at as a team.  I realize we have not been super vocal the last few days, but we have been collecting the torrent of post-patch negative response to the 3.8 equipment changes (see interpretive dog GIF re-enactment below) and have summarized what we feel are the most important pain points.

We understand that most of you:

• Feel that the timers represent a cynical cash-grab on Wargaming's part, which is particularly offensive because previously Blitz's lack of such mechanics was a unique selling point.
  • Feel that the compensation for the removed pieces of equipment was grossly inadequate (and some of you have done some particularly elaborate maths to support this).
  • Feel that Spare Parts are gained far too slowly (and are not gained upon sale of a tank)
  • Feel that these changes have disincentivized you from playing many of the vehicles in your garage or adding more vehicles to it (also good supporting maths).
  • Miss binocs and don't like some of the choices the new system forces you to make
  • Feel that the reality of the patch is just as bad as you told us it would be.
  • Have some pretty good t-shirt/3.8 jokes for our Amazon Store.

As always, as long as the forum rules are followed you are welcome to keep the pitchforks out and the torrent of righteous (but hopefully also constructive) fury coming.  We are not going to pretend that everything is fine and ask you to move on - this patch's impact on the community is well appreciated here.  That said, we do have other things to address, so please do not take us posting or discussing other topics as though we are ignoring you on this subject.  

There will be another Den on the subject of 3.8 equipment this Friday, and if you feel that you have a significant issue not covered by the list above please post it here for consideration.  Additionally, the release feedback thread in the Update Center is still open.  We will also continue to try and respond to as many PMs and personal inquiries as possible, but please understand that we have many demands on our time and a whole lot of those coming in so your patience is greatly appreciated.

That's it for now. If we have news of change we will share it with you as soon as we are able.

Well...it appears to me that the unemployed speech-writers of former President B.Obama are now, trying out for new employment, with WG!  :(

CabbageMechanic #80 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 339 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postsweet1emotion, on 08 May 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Point 1. It wasn't considered by WG? Why?

Point 2. It wasn't considered by WG? Why?

Point 3. So how did WG consider the blatantly non, and I mean non compensation of S.P. from our fully equipped tanks? Not necessarily necessary!?  C.M doesn't WG ask for your input. And before the launch of 3.8, did you at that time or any mod say something to WG? And if so WTH was there reply? 

All of those points were made and considered, we have no response from the powers that be as to why they were ultimately ignored.

View PostForgotten_Fox, on 09 May 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

The post covers everything EXCEPT WG RESPONSE. We warned them of the impending nuke. We negotiated, had chats with mods, gave feedback, we did everything to voice our opinion. Then WG IGNORES the opinion that they so carefully gathered, just to ask for an opinion again AFTER the update nuke has killed thousands. Why did WG ignore us when we gave them feedback, only to ask for said feedback again AFTER they screw over thousands of players? 

See above.  If we get a public response to these issues you guys will be the first to know about it.

View Postsweet1emotion, on 08 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

People ! do not let the mods try to passively guide you to a ( oh my bad I'm sorry I'm mad about 3.8) the answer to mods. NO! I know it's not there fault.(they do too.) This is what WG wants them to do. Keep the 3.8 rants and low app stars and bad reviews going.! Do not let WG try to sweep this under the table.

To be clear, if you guys are unhappy we are not attempting to stop you from voicing that on any platform - so long as the standard rules are followed.  I feel like the General Discussion topic list over the last few weeks is proof enough of that.

FORMER
1zpjqpv.gif

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Also tagged with 3.8

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users