IRD

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Oxbridge #1 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [IRD]

Hello all. Welcome to the officially informally formal unofficial recruitment thread of the Iron Dragoons [IRD]. It is our best guess that you stumbled upon this thread because you are A) interested in becoming an Iron Dragoon, B) interested in mocking us, or C) you were wandering around on Reddit when you clicked a pop-up that was actually a black hole and you somehow ended up with this URL in your search bar. Whatever your reason may be, we welcome all prying eyes to take a peek.

First things first...

What is a dragoon you may ask? :ohmy:

In basic essence, dragoons are a form of cavalry. Originally created as mounted infantry, European commanders continued evolving dragoon formations into actual cavalry units. Though their specific role and outfitting varied from nation to nation, by the late 18th century most dragoons were seen as heavy cavalry. Though they were not an ideal match against other cavalry units, dragoons were very versatile. Armed with firearms such as the arquebus or musket, dragoons were usually capable of ranged attacks in addition to hand-to-hand combat. Dragoon regiments continue to exist today, though the ones involved in combat are no longer mounted on horseback. Notable examples include the dragoon regiments still in existence in the British Army, such as the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards or 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards.

Further info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon

So what's the difference between a dragoon and a dragon?

Ahhh, these are the questions that keep us awake at night. Well, first off, the latter is taller than the former by a few feet. The latter also spits out fire while the former simply spits. The former might wear a set of non-functional wings while the latter's are usually functional when present. You will also notice that dragoon has two O's as opposed to the one O in dragon. It is only a concidence that our mascot tank is the Type 62 Dragon!

The Complex Basics

Originally founded by AMRAAM120Rx (where is that guy?) many months ago, the Iron Dragoons [IRD] try to maintain the fighting spirit of dragoons in WoT Blitz. In a [currently slacking] campaign, we envision the tags [IRD] to be a beacon of hope for Green Team while at the same time being the Angel of Death for Red Team. In additional efforts, we also take pride in claiming to be the most democratic clan on the forums and in the game (we strive to be as democratic as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea :trollface: ;).

We are also Sister Clans to the rest of the Iron Cavalry family, which includes [IRH].

However, [IRD] also understands that even the best players sometimes aren't even that dedicated to the game. We get it, life happens. Take charge of your priorities and put Blitz on the back burner.

For that reason, we have little participation requirements once you are in. No need to check in, no weekly minimum gameplay requirements, etc. Heck, you could hate us and swear vendetta on us the moment you're on board and we'll still be proud to call you an Iron Dragoon.

This also means that we do not require, have, nor are currently interested in TS. If you want to remain a casual Blitz player who's not that involved but still wants a set of tags then this is the clan for you. However, if you wish to be a part of our excellent CW team, Discord is required. As an added bonus, you get one of our nice clan sigs! (Who wouldn't want to jump aboard the band wagon now?)

Current Officers

Clan Commander
Oxbridge

Deputy Commanders

synching_ship

The_Gmoney

honicthesedgehog

For those interested in joining, I apologize in advance by saying that we do have minimum standards for our player composition. No, we're not some first-rate clan, so we're not expecting über-unicums to come flocking in (but if you are one then welcome aboard). For those interested in joining, the requirements are as follows:

- At least a 56% win rate

- Minimum of 2000 battles

- At least one Tier IX tank with 100 battles AND at least 1900 avg damage

OR

- At least one Tier X tank with 100 battles and 2100 avg damage

- We might also check STAR1 and WN8 ratings on WoTBStars.com

- Some attempt to act calm and cool in battle (at least try to cut out on the cursing)

Note: Current members "exempt" from requirements above (mostly everyone is beyond or close to fulfilling these anyway)

As always, exceptions can be made and there is a little bit of wiggle room on these requirements. We usually platoon with potential candidates. If we have some reservations about stats, some of our members will very likely approach you and ask for a platoon session. Do not worry and we hope that you do not take this the wrong way. We realize that people have bad streaks sometimes or that they may discover the forums later on in their Blitz careers. So far, just about every potential candidate we have tooned with made the cut. Seeing how someone performs in battle can sometimes say a lot more than numbers.

Remember how I said we pride ourselves in claiming to be the most democratic clan on the forums? Well there is a merit of truth to that. We vote on big clan decisions and we also vote on ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES. We put great value in our members' opinions and that includes their thoughts on the platoon sessions.

That just about wraps it up for our recruitment thread folks. Thanks for shooting us a visit. We'll be sure to check out your clan recruitment threads and post some meaningless praise posts there as well. In meantime, c'ya on the battlefield! :honoring:

(Just kidding. I mean all the praise I give you guys.)

Clan Wars History

IRD didn't particpate in CW1, but players went to IRL (disbanded) for the duration of the war.

http://wotbcw.com/

In CW3, IRD played in 6-6 Encounter and took 1st place!

We plan on fighting just as strong, and in a higher tier during CW4 and are actively recruiting to meet this goal. Sign up today!

Visit our official website for cookies!

If you do not meet these requirements, do not fret. Please contact thallseeingi, dedmeat137, AlphaDeltaEpsilon, or R8ersrule - they are in charge of our sister clan, the Iron Hussars [IRH]

Iron Dragoons™ & all associated images are registered trademarks of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. [IRD]® is reserved for use by said non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. All comments, claims, and remarks are not on behalf of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. or WarGaming. All [IRD]® images are copyrighted by the Board of Externally Internal Executives of the non-existent Iron Dragoons Inc. All of the mentioned above is completely fictional. This small print is simply here to drive you crazy. You have now wasted time and possibly harmed your vision trying to read it. We apologize and we will compensate by giving you some free gold [rounds] when we see you in battle regardless of whether you are on Green Team™ or Red Team™. Actually, disregard the first part of that last sentence. Apparently, someone decided that friendly fire was a bad thing.

Edited by Oxbridge, 02 September 2017 - 02:02 AM.

Spoiler

NinjasInPajamas #2 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4557 battles
  • [FLEET]

Cool story bro.

Spoiler

.

Credits: SweatyFalcon

"There are two types of problems, math problem, and real-life ones. A calculator will solve most of the first. The rest can be solved with a tank."

Silevern #3 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17317 battles
  • [PHOBO]

The fine text got me :teethhappy:

Good luck in recruitment, see you in CW4!

tanker070 #4 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:35 AM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 38350 battles
  • [SKXLL]
visited website but never found any cookies ...had to drink my warm milk without them :(

SKILL COMMUNITY WEBSITE  http://www.clan-skill.com

keep_calm_and_carry #5 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12797 battles
  • [AMMA]
Good luck with recruitment

slayer_____ #6 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 32631 battles
  • [ATA2D]
That is a ton for a recruitment page. Why not make it small and post all that elsewhere?

AkagiTachibana #7 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17022 battles
  • [IRH]
Im stuck as a hussar xD gl recruiting sir!
"Strike swift As lightning!"

Integrity125 #8 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2938 battles
Interested :) I've had some previous Clan experience with AUXI. Trying to settle into a solid clan rn.

Class II Closed Beta Tester

Community Pledge Signer

Tier Xs: IS-7. I know I know. I'm working on getting more.

"The object of a fight is not to win. It is to give your opponent no choice but to lose."

VonMiller58 #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:47 AM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 23383 battles
  • [JFGF]
can you face angry conner in a blizzard?

o...:...:I:...:...o

Oxbridge #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostIntegrity125, on 11 May 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

Interested :) I've had some previous Clan experience with AUXI. Trying to settle into a solid clan rn.

You'd be a great fit for our sister clan, IRH! Please contact Waladoge for more information or better yet, submit your application in-game! :)

Spoiler

Oxbridge #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:08 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [IRD]

View Posttanker070, on 10 May 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

visited website but never found any cookies ...had to drink my warm milk without them :(

The cookies are the website's cookies. :D

Spoiler

KanKanMikan #12 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [PURPL]

Goodluck with the recruitment , Comrades!

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

Wolfsbane1_1 #13 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

The Whiskey Rose~

• Players
  • 29586 battles
  • [III-X]
Went looking for cookies but did not find any. I am now sad:arta:

Premium Tank Collection~~ Type 59, Type 62 (Dragon) IS-3 Defender, Pz. IV Ankō SP, Kuro Mori Mine, T2 Light, Excelsior, PZ.38H, M22 Locust, Panther/M10, BT-SV, Angry Connor,T7 Car, LTP, Tetrarch, Cromwell B, FCM 50 t, SU-76I Ice Claw, E 25, T6 Dracula, Helsing HO, PZ.V/IV, T-127, M4A2E4, PZ. IV Hydro., PZ.B2, PZ.II J, Shinobi, PZ. IV Starchaser, Pz.S35,BT-7Arty, Strv 74A2, M4A3E8 Fury, T34 (1776), T26E4 SuperPershing, Glacial 112, WZ Blaze, AMX CDC (Libertie), VK 45.03, M6A2E4 EXP, IS-2Sh, IS-5, M3 Light, Lupus, Hetzer Kame SP, T-15, A-32, Löwe~~

Stridsvagn 74A2 "Steve" #1 Top Damage Holder! 3,821 Damage!   http://imgur.com/a/SZyDW 

_War_Child_ #14 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35490 battles
  • [III]

_War_Child_ endorses IRD!

:great:

Edited by _War_Child_, 11 May 2017 - 01:21 PM.

ShiOsore #15 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5180 battles
  • [ANEKI]
good luck with recruitment

War. War never changes.
The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.
But war never changes.

Favorite Tank: Type 59 Favorite Anime: N/A

thallseeingi #16 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 48579 battles
  • [IRH]

View Post_War_Child_, on 11 May 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Great! So we can count on poaching you for the next tourney then?

The Wizard, The Gardener of Human Happiness, The Big Man, A-Number 1, The Duke of The Iron Hussars

iChangedMyNameAgain #17 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 41224 battles
  • [FLOOP]
:great: Gud luck!

_War_Child_ #18 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Forum Fadoodler

• Players
  • 35490 battles
  • [III]

View Postthallseeingi, on 11 May 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Great! So we can count on poaching you for the next tourney then?

Hell yes.  Since no clan can beat mine without bringing in ringers, I'm happy to come work for other clans in their tournaments too.

_War_Child_ reporting for duty, Sir   :honoring:

dindincf #19 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 18698 battles
  • [-7-]

View Post_War_Child_, on 11 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Big thumbs up to IRD.  Very friendly and helpful bunch

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/dindincf                                            

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A / JPE-100

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Oxbridge #20 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [IRD]
With the promise of tournaments returning, we are very much actively recruiting to find players who want some competitive play as well as if you want a clan with a Constitution, consider the Iron Dragoons! We have good players, platoon opportunities, a vibrant Discord community, clan supply X, and we're in the top 30 clans according to WoTBStars! All applications are voted on for a period of 24 hours by the whole clan and you'll hear back from us. :)

Spoiler

Also tagged with IRD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users