T-Shirt Reply from WG; Dear Costa

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

BIitzkriegX #1 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 130 battles

Dear Costa

Here's your reply to some of the many 1-star feedbacks put on the T-Shirts on Amazon (not to me directly, but these have circulated around plenty).  

Herein lies the issue my dear Costa-

We, as human-being consumers- we feel for ya.  We're not evil people.  But... while you are sad about how your t-shirt campaign got trolled by "angry tankers"... why don't you take a minute to think about what your company (again, not you directly) did to us?  They took trolling to a whole new level that went right into our wallets.  Let me help by summarizing, since you are in the marketing department.   

1.  Tanks that we spent years developing had all the equipment just taken right off them overnight.  We then received a "new, improved equipment system" but were given literally a fraction (most agree around 1/10th) of the amount of compensation we need in your new "Spare Parts" currency to re-equip the tanks we already owned and had already fully equipped.  So if we had a garage of 100 fully-equipped tanks, we now have a garage of maybe 10 fully-equipped tanks.  

2.  On top of this, tanks that we paid real, hard-earned money for (think $50 for a Type 59, or equal to 2.5 of your T-shirts), were not even given full equipment... although premium tanks were always considered "maxed out".  So we purchased virtual tanks for money that we can't even equip now.  Sure, they didn't come with equipment before- but the difference is we didn't have to buy that equipment with special currencies and timers.

3.  To add insult to injury, the amount of these Spare Parts that we can earn by playing the game like normal is just plain dismal.  It will take literally 3,600 games earning 50 spare parts to equip a single Tier X tank (really, since it is a 50% chance, it is 7,200 games... but at this point, what's the point of even counting since that is more games than most people have their entire careers?).  Which clearly means that WG will plan to sell these Spare Parts to us in the future for more, real money.  I'm not even going to go into the whole debate on timers.  

So Costa, I'm really sorry your t-shirt launch (which BTW not only cost you nothing but you actually got paid for) is getting trolled; but why don't you take a second and put the shoes on the other foot- we paid hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money only to have our entire game be turned upside-down in one update... what would you do?  Would you just quietly accept that you had $200 or more literally stolen in a video game and just be ok with that?  

If so, I'd highly suggest you offer another shirt for sale that refunds us tankers $200 and in exchange we give you back our Blitz accounts and call it "even".  I will gladly give that shirt a 5-Star review.  

Thank you,

A Blitz Player

Edited by BIitzkriegX, 11 May 2017 - 03:28 PM.

CrimsonJaeger #2 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8414 battles

View PostBIitzkriegX, on 11 May 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Dear Costa

Here's your reply to some of the many 1-star feedbacks put on the T-Shirts on Amazon (not to me directly, but these have circulated around plenty).  

We, as human-being consumers- we feel for ya.  We're not evil people.  But... while you are sad about how your t-shirt campaign got trolled by "angry tankers"... why don't you take a minute to think about what your company (again, not you directly) did to us?  They took trolling to a whole new level that went right into our wallets.  Let me help by summarizing, since you are in the marketing department.   

1.  Tanks that we spent years developing had all the equipment just taken right off them overnight.  We then received a "new, improved equipment system" but were given literally a fraction (most agree around 1/10th) of the amount of compensation we need in your new "Spare Parts" currency to re-equip the tanks we already owned and had already fully equipped.  So if we had a garage of 100 fully-equipped tanks, we now have a garage of maybe 10 fully-equipped tanks.  

2.  On top of this, tanks that we paid real, hard-earned money for (think $50 for a Type 59, or equal to 2.5 of your T-shirts), were not even given full equipment... although premium tanks were always considered "maxed out".  So we purchased virtual tanks for money that we can't even equip.  

3.  To add insult to injury, the amount of these Spare Parts that we can earn by playing the game like normal is just plain dismal.  Which clearly means that WG will plan to sell these Spare Parts to us in the future for more, real money.  I'm not even going to go into the whole debate on timers.  

So Costa, I'm really sorry your t-shirt launch (which cost you nothing and you actually got paid for) is getting trolled; but why don't you take a second and put the shoes on the other foot- you paid hundreds of dollars of your hard earned money only to have your entire game be turned upside-down in one update... what would you do?  Just accept that you had $200 or more literally stolen and just be ok with that?  

If so, I'd highly suggest you offer another shirt for sale that costs -$200 and in exchange we give you back our Blitz accounts and call it "even".  I will gladly give that shirt a 5-Star review.  

Thank you,

A Blitz Player

This is sooooo full of win. 

CAMPERS AND TATERS - Not just your run-of-the-mill tots.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

Grayghost2000 #3 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17055 battles
  • [MBTS]
+1. Well said OP. Thank you for making this thread.

Ruby_Rose_ #4 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 13028 battles
  • [FLOOP]

I mean, it is a little unfair since Shirts don't even affect the game :1

Reviews on products mean that users have it and they are just reflecting on how they feel on them. I bet 95% of those reviewers wrote them without buying the product.

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

CrimsonJaeger #5 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8414 battles

View PostSweatyFalcon, on 11 May 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Reviews on products mean that users have it and they are just reflecting on how they feel on them. I bet 95% of those reviewers wrote them without buying the product.

While this is technically true, users are hitting back at WG in any way they can. If it has a negative effect on their bottom line, I say it's fair game. Every time I hear someone carp about the EULA and WG "owning" our tanks and our garage, etc ad infinitum, I grow less sympathetic about any harm caused to the company.

Law of unintended consequences, huh WG?  See how that works?

Edited by CrimsonJaeger, 11 May 2017 - 03:37 PM.

CAMPERS AND TATERS - Not just your run-of-the-mill tots.

'That dude(ette) spamming the SOS button at the beginning on a match? Let them go, that's their lemming call to arms and it's the fastest ticket back to the garage. "  Goat_Rodeo

BIitzkriegX #6 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 130 battles

View PostSweatyFalcon, on 11 May 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Let me try to explain it this way to help you understand what is happening in the global economics of Blitz- and why these reviews are, in truth, highly justified:

Let's say you love Transformers.  You've collected a ton of them and have seen all the movies.  You've always wanted a t-shirt of your favorite transformer but never bought one.  

Then, Transformers 5 the movie comes out and it is filled with terrible, horrible things- people hurting each other, planes crashing, cars exploding and almost no transformers at all.  It's truly horrible.  But you loved transformers... what happened, how could the movie makers do this to your favorite brand?  Now people on the street see transformers and they gasp because of how terrible the movie was and horrible the brand has become.  

Are you going to buy the t-shirt now?  Probably not.  But wait, according to your logic the transformers movie has nothing to do with the transformers t-shirt, that's not fair.........

Get it?

Edited by BIitzkriegX, 11 May 2017 - 03:40 PM.

_CH3F #7 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48250 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostSweatyFalcon, on 11 May 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

the shirts are part of WG brand. They will always be tier to WG. WG messed up and they are paying for it across the brand. If WG felt as passionate about us as the owner of this shirt company does we would have gotten a clear message from them already. It's unfortunate that this dude is cought in the crossfire but maybe it's time for him to print for a company that doesn't rip off their customers. 

Edited by _CH3F, 11 May 2017 - 03:41 PM.

Ruby_Rose_ #8 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 13028 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostBIitzkriegX, on 11 May 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Let me try to explain it this way to help you understand what is happening in the global economics of Blitz- and why these reviews are, in truth, highly justified:

Let's say you love Transformers.  You've collected a ton of them and have seen all the movies.  You've always wanted a t-shirt of your favorite transformer but never bought one.  

Then, Transformers 5 the movie comes out and it is filled with terrible, horrible things- people hurting each other, planes crashing, cars exploding and almost no transformers at all.  It's truly horrible.  But you loved transformers... what happened, how could the movie makers do this to your favorite brand?  Now people on the street see transformers and they gasp because of how terrible the movie was and horrible the brand has become.  

Are you going to buy the t-shirt now?  Probably not.  But wait, according to your logic the transformers movie has nothing to do with the transformers t-shirt, that's not fair.........

Get it?

yeah, I guess :1
Just want an Easy 8 shirt ;-;

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

Pattons_Bull_Dog #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3060 battles

View PostBIitzkriegX, on 11 May 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Dear Costa

2.  On top of this, tanks that we paid real, hard-earned money for (think $50 for a Type 59, or equal to 2.5 of your T-shirts), were not even given full equipment... although premium tanks were always considered "maxed out".  So we purchased virtual tanks for money that we can't even equip now.  Sure, they didn't come with equipment before- but the difference is we didn't have to buy that equipment with special currencies and timers.

3.  To add insult to injury, the amount of these Spare Parts that we can earn by playing the game like normal is just plain dismal.  It will take literally 3,600 games earning 50 spare parts to equip a single Tier X tank (really, since it is a 50% chance, it is 7,200 games... but at this point, what's the point of even counting since that is more games than most people have their entire careers?).  Which clearly means that WG will plan to sell these Spare Parts to us in the future for more, real money.  I'm not even going to go into the whole debate on timers.  

So Costa, I'm really sorry your t-shirt launch (which BTW not only cost you nothing but you actually got paid for) is getting trolled; but why don't you take a second and put the shoes on the other foot- we paid hundreds of dollars of our hard earned money only to have our entire game be turned upside-down in one update... what would you do?  Would you just quietly accept that you had $200 or more literally stolen in a video game and just be ok with that?  

If so, I'd highly suggest you offer another shirt for sale that refunds us tankers $200 and in exchange we give you back our Blitz accounts and call it "even".  I will gladly give that shirt a 5-Star review.  

Thank you,

A Blitz Player

Finally they listen

BIitzkriegX #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 130 battles

View PostSweatyFalcon, on 11 May 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

yeah, I guess :1
Just want an Easy 8 shirt ;-;

Don't get me wrong- the shirts are cool.  In fact, I *would have been* a buyer for one.  Until they fix this debacle though, like so many have said- "my wallet is welded shut".  

schematic #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 47487 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Post_CH3F, on 11 May 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

the shirts are part of WG brand. They will always be tier to WG. WG messed up and they are paying for it across the brand. If WG felt as passionate about us as the owner of this shirt company does we would have gotten a clear message from them already. It's unfortunate that this dude is cought in the crossfire but maybe it's time for him to print for a company that doesn't rip off their customers. 

^ This. You fly the WG flag, you are the brand. It's not a fair weather friendship. The customer base is furious, so instead of complaining to your customer, complain to your boss, and their boss, and their boss on behalf of your customer.

BIitzkriegX #12 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 130 battles

View PostPattons_Bull_Dog, on 11 May 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Finally they listen

No, one poor soul in the physical product marketing department gets it and feels the pain.  

The so called "devs" which come up with the most ridiculous concepts ever since update 2.8 are the ones who need to feel the pain- but they are so far shielded behind the WG wall that they're likely just chilling on the company Yacht right now, drinking Cristal and getting patted on the back for a job well done.   

Until they feel the pain, or the execs truly see the in-app purchases plummet (not slump, they'll just say we will recover, they have to truly plummet)... alas, nothing will change and the Devs will continue drinking their Cristal and this poor sould in the marketing department will watch their t-shirt ratings stay at 1-star (and sadly, may even eventually get fired for under-performing).  

That's injustice if I ever saw it.  IF WG were, say Nike or Under Armour etc- these "Devs" would have been fired the 3rd day after 3.8 was released.  The negative feedback is so great this company shoudl be in CRISIS MODE but instead they're just going silent and hoping it all blows over.  

ahredstealth #13 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18979 battles
  • [SPUD]

Also may be worth mentioning to Costa that if anyone other then the guy hocking T-shirts would respond to the players, then all of it could maybe have been avoided.

If he bought a beer, got a cider, and then the Bartender ignored him completely, he may very well reach out to the supplier(I'm assuming what he meant by chemist), or any other method at his disposal to get his order corrected.

Along with not buying anything related to that bar again, including their apparel.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

little_brother_of_war #14 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10128 battles
  • [FROST]

Maybe they could give us all three or four free tees to lessen the hurt of having to re-establish our once fully dressed out garages.

Then we could all put them on, go to the bar, get drunk and show them off.*

:great:

(* sorry, no minors at the bar, though!)

BluesAllDay #15 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8073 battles
  • [SRV]
I have not rated the shirt but I did rate the ap. I understand the frustration is in WG so in essence WG's GoodWill will spread to all WG products for this one transgression. The fact that the customers foretold this would happen if the update went through and yet WG pushed it through anyway proves beyond any reasonable doubt that WG does not in any way give a damn about its GoodWill. If they don't care why in Gods name should we.

4sfield #16 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 27834 battles
  • [-1]

All is fair in love and war. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

RogueGen #17 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18860 battles
  • [6_CAV]

The sad and unfortunate thing is you've attacked a civilian town with no military importance on this bombing raid. 

ahredstealth #18 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18979 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRogueGen, on 11 May 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

The sad and unfortunate thing is you've attacked a civilian town with no military importance on this bombing raid. 

If said town supplies support by means of income, then they should have built bomb shelters.  They hitch the outcome of that town to the military.  Why be surprised when it gets attacked for supporting with direct income?

Also, even the Russians appear to understand that 1 star is not as good as 4 or 5...  So, that may be the best language to use to break the barrier.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

DoNotCry #19 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Sensha-dou Sensei

• Players
  • 34749 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostSweatyFalcon, on 11 May 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

The T-shirt has the symbol of the game and the company. So ya its affecting.  If there is no negatives toward the game, reviews wont be that bad. 

Bellatormonk #20 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18781 battles
  • [MASHU]

The bottom line is that Wargaming's bottom line needs to suffer on every front for what they did in update 3.8.  There are no friends or foes..only a greedy company screwing over their customers.  If some of you wake up and pay attention you would see that large corporations are screwing customers over every day and get away with it.

With the power of the Internet the people can finally have a voice that is easily seen and with so many companies reliant on electronic transactions they will start to learn how the people they rip off can actually affect them and their revenue on any and every front.

I work for a large corporation as well.  When my company pisses someone off and I have to interact with that customer for a totally unrelated product and they take it out on me, do I get to cry and say "sorry man that ain't my fault".  No..in the grown up world you represent your company no matter if you clean the sh!tters or ride that Leer Jet in the big blue sky.  You take it like a friggin pro and hope your company makes it right for the customer, drive on and collect your paycheck. 

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users