• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

RogueGen #21 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23346 battles
  • [PROWE]

View Postahredstealth, on 11 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

If said town supplies support by means of income, then they should have built bomb shelters.  They hitch the outcome of that town to the military.  Why be surprised when it gets attacked for supporting with direct income?

Also, even the Russians appear to understand that 1 star is not as good as 4 or 5...  So, that may be the best language to use to break the barrier.

So simply cutting the town off instead of bombing it wasn't an option?

Only Blitz players will ever see the shirts on Amazon and 9/10 of them or more are up in arms against this update. I doubt they'd be selling shirts either way. If you guys want something to attack the go after the Android app. The review for its still 4.3. 

Edited by RogueGen, 11 May 2017 - 04:56 PM.

christian1470 #22 Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39220 battles
the only thing missing in your reply is "I help pay your salary, Costa.....well, I used to."

BorisBaddenov #23 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26758 battles
  • [NOGUD]

With 3.8 - WarGaming stuck it to me where it hurts.   

They gave me what I consider an unfair exchange of Equipment for Spare Parts.

So - it seems quite fair to me that players react in kind.  By hitting WG where it hurts - their wallet.  And since WG has shown they are willing to be unfair - why shouldnt the player base be unfair to WG?

Nobody is saying Costa (or whomever is involved in T-shirts from WG) is a bad person - But posting reviews on the T-shirts on Amazon goes a long ways to show WG that their player base is REALLY ticked off - and the next time WG asks the player base for feedback, maybe WG actually reacts to it.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

ahredstealth #24 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRogueGen, on 11 May 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

So simply cutting the town off instead of bombing it wasn't an option?

Only Blitz players will ever see the shirts on Amazon and 9/10 of them or more are up in arms against this update. I doubt they'd be selling shirts either way. If you guys want something to attack the go after the Android app. The review for its still 4.3. 

Feel free to cut off the town.

Others wanted to bomb it.  And it's a war of Mercenaries.  Neither you or I are in charge.  If you want to lead, get up on the soap box and preach... but you better have something everyone wants to hear, or they'll just ignore you and do what they want to anyway.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Meat_Locker #25 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 51725 battles
  • [TOES]
That letter is phrased like outsourced Indian British. I think that most of their replies and fake names come from an outsourced team. It doesn't seem sincere in any way and he is most like a professional company apologist. 

GenericMIKE #26 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 30621 battles
  • [COFFY]

Beautifully stated. 

Give me a couple of tees and you can have my account back WG!

I'm moving to War Planes, the mobile version of World of Warplanes (but not made by WG).

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

Meatshield_Six #27 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]
I'm of a generation that called T's undershirts, because they caught the stink that allowed more use of a good shirt.  The stink is on Costa - and if you can't peddle meaningless look-at-me-aren't-I-cool T's you better buff your resume before your boat gets pushed from the company dock.  

CrimsonJaeger #28 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9621 battles

I find this amusing in a sad, pathetic sort of way. I have heard constantly from the apologists and "get over it" crowd that a boycott or us complaining or closing our wallets will do no good. This ought to serve to refute that. If the backlash is severe enough that it's spilling over into the t-shirt side of things...

Vive La Forum!

eddie13_ #29 Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Supreme Leader

• Players
  • 18405 battles
+1  (icu cc)

science3099 #30 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18095 battles
  • [-UTC-]

Really? I mean, I get the whole concept that the t-shirts are part of the brand, but really? As far as I am concerned, the one star reviews on the t-shirts by people who didn't actually buy the t-shirts are just as bad as 5 star reviews by people who didn't play the game. Amazon reviews are there for the product. They are to help people make decisions on the quality of the products, and to some extent the customer support of the seller, (no, the devs who make the game have nothing do to with the customer support if the t-shirt seller) not to be a vent for a completely unrelated issue. Spamming one star reviews on a unrelated page is immature.

I understand the frustration this update caused. The timers are ridiculous and the compensation was severely sub-par. I can see how one star reviews are justified on the app itself. ​T-shirts have nothing to do with the game. If you want to have your voice heard, why not take the time to formulate a reasonable solution and post it in a spot where it will most likely be seen by the people who need to see it, not on the page of a t-shirt peddler.

In my experience, you are more likely to get a positive response from saying: "Hey, you know what, this update really sucks. Here are some ways you could make it better." than from "Your is just a bunch of money hungry pigs who hate babies and created this game with the sole purpose of scamming me!!!!! I'll see you in court!" If you where a developer who had invested a good deal of time and effort in a project, which one would you listen to?

Ralph Stanley is supper rad! :harp:

Howitzer_155 #31 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43698 battles
  • [DD]
What a shame..........sarcasm.  

Ookla_the_Mok #32 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Block Quote

I won't go and complain to the chemistry.

Above is my favorite part. I shall use this in the future in random context.

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

RogueGen #33 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23346 battles
  • [PROWE]

View Postahredstealth, on 11 May 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Feel free to cut off the town.

Others wanted to bomb it.  And it's a war of Mercenaries.  Neither you or I are in charge.  If you want to lead, get up on the soap box and preach... but you better have something everyone wants to hear, or they'll just ignore you and do what they want to anyway.

Thus why you don't see me making a hundred threads on the subject. It would just be adding fuel to the fire. I know my views on this update are different than nearly everyone on the forum, and the average forumer isn't interested in listening to anything that disagrees with their opinion, but that doesn't mean another view shouldn't be given. 

CrimsonJaeger #34 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9621 battles

View Postscience3099, on 11 May 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Really? I mean, I get the whole concept that the t-shirts are part of the brand, but really? As far as I am concerned, the one star reviews on the t-shirts by people who didn't actually buy the t-shirts are just as bad as 5 star reviews by people who didn't play the game. Amazon reviews are there for the product. They are to help people make decisions on the quality of the products, and to some extent the customer support of the seller, (no, the devs who make the game have nothing do to with the customer support if the t-shirt seller) not to be a vent for a completely unrelated issue. Spamming one star reviews on a unrelated page is immature.

I understand the frustration this update caused. The timers are ridiculous and the compensation was severely sub-par. I can see how one star reviews are justified  2 on the app itself. T-shirts have nothing to do with the game. If you want to have your voice heard, why not take the time to formulate a reasonable solution and post it in a spot where it will most likely be seen by the people who need to see it, not on the page of a t-shirt peddler.

In my experience, you are more likely to get a positive response from saying: " Hey, you know what, this update really sucks. Here are some ways you could make it better." than from "​Your is just a bunch of money hungry pigs who hate babies and created this game with the sole purpose of scamming me!!!!! I'll see you in court!" If you where a developer who had invested a good deal of time and effort in a project, which one would you listen to?

1) You have somewhat of a point here, and in principle, I would usually agree, but see caveat below.

2) This has been posted all over. I'm sorry, but I'm with the crowd that says they need to be feeling it at all corners. No big business in the world pays attention until the wallet takes the hit. This guy is not just some "T-shirt Peddler" Notice how he signed his reply. WOT Blitz TEAM. You're claiming to be part of the team, sorry, you are going to share in the fallout and consequences of your team's actions. While this may be the equivalent of slamming the company that contracts out the janitors at the stadium for inflategate, it is not critical of the individual in the letter, per se. it is a response to the company, and anything associated with it at this point. You can make money off of a company while disavowing it's actions, but I wouldn't expect brownie points or complete avoidance of flack. Guilt by association, maybe unfair, but no less unfair than the reason for the gripe. He claims to be part of the team, he is a legitimate target. Wrong place for it in the context of what the review's purposes are, but it gets a message across.

3)This was done. Repeatedly. Especially in the Den. "blah blah we are listening to your feedback, blah blah under advisement going forward, yadda yadda yadda consideration blah blah. The only response so far has been from the forum folks. No one has heard from the devs, corporate decision makers, et all.  Don't want to give people a legitimate ear to bend? Expect unintended consequences and fallout where it probably wouldn't otherwise land. 

Dude works for a company that caused a shipstorm. He's walking in it and assuming that since he has no umbrella, the gods of kindness and understanding will keep him from getting covered in stinky stuff. Not gonna happen. Call it immature. That may be. Blame WG. They've given no legitimate receptacle for the ire.

Doomking11 #35 Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 69507 battles
  • [GRIM]
I wish they would have donated some t-shirt to compensate players for the 3.8 fiasco....I am really getting low on shop towels...

Meatshield_Six #36 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [TMP]

View PostDoomking11, on 11 May 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I wish they would have donated some t-shirt to compensate players for the 3.8 fiasco....I am really getting low on shop towels...

and they work better than Preparation H

ahredstealth #37 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postscience3099, on 11 May 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

I understand the frustration this update caused. The timers are ridiculous and the compensation was severely sub-par. I can see how one star reviews are justified on the app itself. ​T-shirts have nothing to do with the game. If you want to have your voice heard, why not take the time to formulate a reasonable solution and post it in a spot where it will most likely be seen by the people who need to see it, not on the page of a t-shirt peddler.

In my experience, you are more likely to get a positive response from saying: "Hey, you know what, this update really sucks. Here are some ways you could make it better." than from "Your is just a bunch of money hungry pigs who hate babies and created this game with the sole purpose of scamming me!!!!! I'll see you in court!" If you where a developer who had invested a good deal of time and effort in a project, which one would you listen to?

I'm guess you're new here.

Multiple times (and not just on this particular update and it's nuances) have many people taken the time to sit down and try to communicate a reasonable solution...  And nothing has ever been heard again.  It is like continually yelling into a cave.

This time, the button was pushed after the feedback was given because WG'ing figured this would be just another in the long line of, "Screw the customer, we know what's best, and people will keep paying us."

And now they (and by they I mean the entire organization that has the brand name) is feeling it because people finally lost it.

And you know what?  If the T-shirt guy calls his licensing representative at WG'ing, and goes, "Hey man, This sucks and it's affecting my business, I don't want to do this anymore or at minimum we need to renegotiate the fees to cover my losses" then that licensing rep is going to call his upline at WG'ing and say, "Hey, you're hurting MY PAYCHECK.  Fix it."

And that may be the only way we ever actually see any adjustment to our feedback.

Moral of the story:  If you're the bartender, and you're serving Costa beer, and you bring him a cider, take the time to listen to him and get him what he actually ordered.  Or the Chemist will be calling you and saying, "Hey man, I just had some pissed off drunk guy complaining about cider to me for an hour.  Get your orders right!"

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

_SuicideKing_ #38 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postschematic, on 11 May 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

^ This. You fly the WG flag, you are the brand. It's not a fair weather friendship. The customer base is furious, so instead of complaining to your customer, complain to your boss, and their boss, and their boss on behalf of your customer.

That's stupid.

The only person you end up hurting is some guy who thought he could make a few bucks for his t-shirt business, selling some shirts with a popular gaming brand.

ScumbagJuJu #39 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 26293 battles
  • [TENET]
This is a classic case here of "Do not bite the hand that feeds you". The hand has been bitten one too many times now. Players are upset and are going the extra mile to spite WG in return, I can't say I disagree with the players. We have had enough of the "Bend over and take it mentality"... Time to suit up and wage a war!

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

_SuicideKing_ #40 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postahredstealth, on 11 May 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

And you know what?  If the T-shirt guy calls his licensing representative at WG'ing, and goes, "Hey man, This sucks and it's affecting my business, I don't want to do this anymore or at minimum we need to renegotiate the fees to cover my losses" then that licensing rep is going to call his upline at WG'ing and say, "Hey, you're hurting MY PAYCHECK.  Fix it."

And that may be the only way we ever actually see any adjustment to our feedback.

Moral of the story:  If you're the bartender, and you're serving Costa beer, and you bring him a cider, take the time to listen to him and get him what he actually ordered.  Or the Chemist will be calling you and saying, "Hey man, I just had some pissed off drunk guy complaining about cider to me for an hour.  Get your orders right!"

Intimidation through proxy.

You've just defined terrorism.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users