• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

_SuicideKing_ #41 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 11 May 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

This is a classic case here of "Do not bite the hand that feeds you". The hand has been bitten one too many times now. Players are upset and are going the extra mile to spite WG in return, I can't say I disagree with the players. We have had enough of the "Bend over and take it mentality"... Time to suit up and wage a war!

If you're giving a t-shirt a negative review, because you don't like the game and never bought a t-shirt, then you'r lying.

Great lesson for your kids.

Ookla_the_Mok #42 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

That's stupid.

The only person you end up hurting is some guy who thought he could make a few bucks for his t-shirt business, selling some shirts with a popular gaming brand.

Theoretically, you lower the value of the next licensing agreement WG enters into with a business partner. 

BRSKT Discord - Now 46% Dale Doback, 28% Gritty, and 26% folklore.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

_SuicideKing_ #43 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 11 May 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Theoretically, you lower the value of the next licensing agreement WG enters into with a business partner. 

Ah, like driving a truck into a crowd of tourists on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and theoretically, you harm the government of France, by hurting France's tourism industry.

Tough luck for those tourists though.

Oh well, gotta break a few eggs, I suppose.

Ookla_the_Mok #44 Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ah, like driving a truck into a crowd of tourists on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and theoretically, you harm the government of France, by hurting France's tourism industry.

Tough luck for those tourists though.

Oh well, gotta break a few eggs, I suppose.

​See a therapist dude. T-shirt reviews are not terrorism. You're unhinged.

[BRSKT]  

Full_Shane #45 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

Drinker of Tears, Exposer of Sealclubbers

• Players
  • 12380 battles

I'm out of upvotes but +1 from me. 

It's unfortunate that they're being affected by it, but it's just a by-product of the movement doing what it has to do. At this point, if you're even remotely associated with WG then you are WG. Players are in a place where they have to demonstrate that WG's in-game changes aren't going to be profitable for them to reverse it and that means hurting them in any way possible. Yes, that means bad reviews for unrelated things if need be. If that meant putting them out of business, then so be it. This is the virtual equivalent of a strike, really, if you look at Steam or Apple reviews you'd see it: people are dissuading purchases so they can be heard. Until changes are made, WG is going to have to deal with a player base that's actively sabotaging their business. Tough luck for their employees, but whoever the shot-caller for WG is, they have to make a decision and it's a very simple one to make. They don't have my sympathy, to be frank.

jkwon126 #46 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [HUCK]

Dear lord.

It's a t-shirt review.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

_SuicideKing_ #47 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 11 May 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

​See a therapist dude. T-shirt reviews are not terrorism. You're unhinged.

OK, what would you call it, when you attack or intimidate a third party, extorting their influence to another party, on your behalf?

BorisBaddenov #48 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26758 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

OK, what would you call it, when you attack or intimidate a third party, extorting their influence to another party, on your behalf?

Leverage :B

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

science3099 #49 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18095 battles
  • [-UTC-]

View PostCrimsonJaeger, on 11 May 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

1) You have somewhat of a point here, and in principle, I would usually agree, but see caveat below.

2) This has been posted all over. I'm sorry, but I'm with the crowd that says they need to be feeling it at all corners. No big business in the world pays attention until the wallet takes the hit. This guy is not just some "T-shirt Peddler" Notice how he signed his reply. WOT Blitz TEAM. You're claiming to be part of the team, sorry, you are going to share in the fallout and consequences of your team's actions. While this may be the equivalent of slamming the company that contracts out the janitors at the stadium for inflategate, it is not critical of the individual in the letter, per se. it is a response to the company, and anything associated with it at this point. You can make money off of a company while disavowing it's actions, but I wouldn't expect brownie points or complete avoidance of flack. Guilt by association, maybe unfair, but no less unfair than the reason for the gripe. He claims to be part of the team, he is a legitimate target. Wrong place for it in the context of what the review's purposes are, but it gets a message across.

3)This was done. Repeatedly. Especially in the Den. "blah blah we are listening to your feedback, blah blah under advisement going forward, yadda yadda yadda consideration blah blah. The only response so far has been from the forum folks. No one has heard from the devs, corporate decision makers, et all.  Don't want to give people a legitimate ear to bend? Expect unintended consequences and fallout where it probably wouldn't otherwise land. 

Dude works for a company that caused a shipstorm. He's walking in it and assuming that since he has no umbrella, the gods of kindness and understanding will keep him from getting covered in stinky stuff. Not gonna happen. Call it immature. That may be. Blame WG. They've given no legitimate receptacle for the ire.

2) How does leaving irrelevant one star reviews hurt their bottom line? You don't want to support them, don't buy a t-shirt. That hurts their bottom line. Leaving irrelevant rage in a review does not.  Also, while he may be part of the general WOT Blitz team, he has about as much say in the gameplay decisions as does the janitor. While both are technically part of the "team" they are not decision makers, nor do they really have the ear of decision makers. As to the "Guilt by association, maybe unfair, but no less unfair than the reason for the gripe.​" statement, really? Just because this guy has partnered with WG in an attempt to make money now means he is the great satan, even though he has done nothing wrong? I am going to use an exaggerated comparison here, but bear with me. So in war, we shouldn't care about civilian casualties because they are living in the same city, and making money selling items to the enemy? Does that make any sense?

3) you can't say WG doesn't listen to the player base. Look at the success of the "Remove dead chat" movement. I will give you that they don't listen very often or well though, but they do listen. Also, when do you ever hear from the devs and corporate people? There is a reason they employ forum moderators.

Ralph Stanley is supper rad! :harp:

jkwon126 #50 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [HUCK]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

A protest review. Not terrorism. Nobody was assaulted, maimed or killed. There was no action taken that was designed to elicit mass fear.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

_SuicideKing_ #51 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postjkwon126, on 11 May 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Dear lord.

It's a t-shirt review.

If that's really all it is, then why do it?

tdskip2 #52 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [MOM]
 That is an incredibly myopic response from that employee. WOW.

_SuicideKing_ #53 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Postjkwon126, on 11 May 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

A protest review. Not terrorism. Nobody was assaulted, maimed or killed. There was no action taken that was designed to elicit mass fear.

Ah, so just consumer terrorism.

Gotcha.

science3099 #54 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18095 battles
  • [-UTC-]

View PostFull_Shane, on 11 May 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

I'm out of upvotes but +1 from me. 

It's unfortunate that they're being affected by it, but it's just a by-product of the movement doing what it has to do. At this point, if you're even remotely associated with WG then you are WG. Players are in a place where they have to demonstrate that WG's in-game changes aren't going to be profitable for them to reverse it and that means hurting them in any way possible. Yes, that means bad reviews for unrelated things if need be. If that meant putting them out of business, then so be it. This is the virtual equivalent of a strike, really, if you look at Steam or Apple reviews you'd see it: people are dissuading purchases so they can be heard. Until changes are made, WG is going to have to deal with a player base that's actively sabotaging their business. Tough luck for their employees, but whoever the shot-caller for WG is, they have to make a decision and it's a very simple one to make. They don't have my sympathy, to be frank.

​Really? I mean really? This man has nothing to do with any of 3.8. He did not have a say in it. All he does is t-shirts. If you want to have a far greater impact with your one star review, post it on the game itself.

Even if you have subscribed to the no-holds-barred burn it all down point of view, what is going to be the most effective way of hurting their bottom line? Posting a negative review on a third party site that WG only gets licensing fees off of, or dissuading players from downloading the game at all? Where do you think the most change is going to stem from? Where is your time and energy best spent to effect change?

Ralph Stanley is supper rad! :harp:

jkwon126 #55 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45123 battles
  • [HUCK]
Oh yay, it's make up your own terms day.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

Ookla_the_Mok #56 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

​Your argument to me is based on a definition of an action, but the action fails to rise to your definition. 

Look above though. See how your comment to me went to terrorism? Does that honestly make sense to you? It makes no sense to me.

I could only guess as to why you are having this type of reaction on this subject, but time to walk away, take a deep breath, maybe pet a dog. 

[BRSKT]  

CrimsonJaeger #57 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9621 battles

View Postscience3099, on 11 May 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

2) How does leaving irrelevant one star reviews hurt their bottom line? You don't want to support them, don't buy a t-shirt. That hurts their bottom line. Leaving irrelevant rage in a review does not.  Also, while he may be part of the general WOT Blitz team, he has about as much say in the gameplay decisions as does the janitor. While both are technically part of the "team" they are not decision makers, nor do they really have the ear of decision makers. As to the "Guilt by association, maybe unfair, but no less unfair than the reason for the gripe.​" statement, really? Just because this guy has partnered with WG in an attempt to make money now means he is the great satan, even though he has done nothing wrong? I am going to use an exaggerated comparison here, but bear with me. So in war, we shouldn't care about civilian casualties because they are living in the same city, and making money selling items to the enemy? Does that make any sense?

3) you can't say WG doesn't listen to the player base. Look at the success of the "Remove dead chat" movement. I will give you that they don't listen very often or well though, but they do listen. Also, when do you ever hear from the devs and corporate people? There is a reason they employ forum moderators.

Poor Cabbage Mechanic can't even comment on the "Can anyone link me to news or info pertaining to Wargaming's tank research on rare tanks?: thread without getting blasted. This is what I'm talking about.

2) How does it hurt their bottom line? If the reseller chooses not to do further business with them over it that stings far more than my not buying a shirt. 

Just because this guy has partnered with WG in an attempt to make money now means he is the great satan, even though he has done nothing wrong? I am going to use an exaggerated comparison here, but bear with me. So in war, we shouldn't care about civilian casualties because they are living in the same city, and making money selling items to the enemy? Does that make any sense?

Really? That is a straw man argument. At no point did I say he was the great satan or say any of this was his fault, or that he had the ear of anyone. I said the guy was going to catch fallout from being associated with the blitz team. I agreed with you in principle. I am not going to even answer the extreme example you cited, any more than I am going to comment about this being equivalent to terrorism. In his signature he claims to be part of the team. He claims it. If you claim to be part of the team that has done something wrong, expect that there are folks out there who are going to sling mud at you, ESPECIALLY on the interwebs where they can do it anonymously.

you can't say WG doesn't listen to the player base. Look at the success of the "Remove dead chat" movement. I will give you that they don't listen very often or well though, but they do listen. Also, when do you ever hear from the devs and corporate people? There is a reason they employ forum moderators.

I can and will. Removing dead chat was in keeping with their previous standards of use regarding abuse and conduct. One relatively minor example. It was something they were likely going to do anyway. I assume when you ask when do I ever hear from devs and corporate people you mean in general? Far more often than you think. I can name dozens of examples right off the top of my head on steam where the dev's participate directly in the forums if for nothing other than bug reporting. As for corporate types? Todd Howard from Bethesda is well known for it.

I am not saying I agree with it or that it was right. I am saying if you are going to claim being part of the team that made the mess, I think you're a bit naive not to expect some flames on the internet. I used to be a republican, i got called every name in the book when some member of the party said or did something stupid. Not fair, not my fault, not in a position to change it. Know what? Now I don't advertise my political affiliations. Problem solved.

Edited by CrimsonJaeger, 11 May 2017 - 10:38 PM.

_SuicideKing_ #58 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 11 May 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

OK, what would you call it, when you attack or intimidate a third party, extorting their influence to another party, on your behalf?

​Your argument to me is based on a definition of an action, but the action fails to rise to your definition. 

Look above though. See how your comment to me went to terrorism? Does that honestly make sense to you? It makes no sense to me.

I could only guess as to why you are having this type of reaction on this subject, but time to walk away, take a deep breath, maybe pet a dog. 

OK, so you don't know what to call it?

BorisBaddenov #59 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26758 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_SuicideKing_, on 11 May 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

OK, so you don't know what to call it?

Why does it need a label at all?

How about "A form of protest"  ?

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 11 May 2017 - 10:39 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_SuicideKing_ #60 Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8242 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 11 May 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Why does it need a label at all?

Why can't it have one?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users