Suggestion for 3.8 Equipment

Silevern

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Silevern #1 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17611 battles

I think it's safe to say that the biggest complaint that the playerbase has against the new equipment system has to do with the timers. According to Dogface's "The Den" forum questionnaire yesterday, timers are here to stay and a complete reversion to the pre-3.8 equipment system is not an option. After some thought I think the reason why everyone hates timers is for two reasons: practically zero compensation for equipment we already had before the update, and the fact that it costs gold to skip the timers.

Consequently the playerbase and community has completely bombed, torched, and run over WG's public outlets in a way that has humiliated the company: massive dislikes on videos, numerous 1-star ratings on the App Store, Google Play store, Steam, and Windows 10, and even giving 1-star reviews to WG's t-shirts on Amazon. This is a poor reflection on both the company and the playerbase and it's obvious that WG does not want this kind of negative public reputation.

I am uncertain if my suggestions are possible from a programming standpoint, but I personally believe that if WG has records of the amount of equipment that players had before the update, they should give full compensation. Before the update there were two categories of equipment, the "expensive equipment" which consisted of equipment like Vents, Gun Rammer, or Vertical Stabilizers, and the "cheaper equipment" such as Binocs or Camo Net. I think a fair compensation would be to give enough spare parts to purchase a full category of equipment if the tank had an expensive equipment, and enough spare parts to purchase half of a full category if the tank had an inexpensive equipment. Example below to elaborate in case this doesn't make sense.

The requirement that all three equipment in a tier be purchased before unlocking the next tier has got to go. It's just wasting time and forcing us to buy equipment that we might not want to.

In regards to the timers, perhaps make the timers cost spare parts to skip rather than gold? Assuming WG improves the spare parts earnings from random battles this would be a very sensible substitute for gold, as it will still require effort to get spare parts. If WG wants money they could offer spare parts bundles that sell X amount of spare parts for Y dollars, or set up a conversion option from gold to spare parts. The fundamental idea behind player frustration at the timers is that you have no choice but to pay gold to skip. If WG could introduce some kind of alternative way to skip timers, it wouldn't per say remove the anger but it would greatly alleviate it and help Blitz back away from the pay-to-win model that it is rapidly approaching.

I just threw out some ideas. The general concept is that WG needs to reform the game so that it doesn't demand and suck players wallets, and instead offers features and tanks that makes players voluntarily pay because they like what they see and want in on the new content, rather than twisting game mechanics so that players are forced to pay up in order to remain competitive.

Any other ideas you guys have for Update 3.8 reform?

~

Silevern

slayer_____ #2 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 39554 battles
  • [ATA2D]
I'm still chapped over compensation 

BootlegTampico #3 Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22549 battles

Removal of 3.8 Equipment System

Medium/Heavy View Range Buff to nerf TDs

Removal of Supremacy

Removal of Boosters

Removal of idiotic currencies

Removal of ticketed tournaments

Removal of grinds that depend on completing missions based on a time scale that can't change and is convenient for a small number of people

Removal of the 183

I think that's about everything.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

clever_pseudonym #4 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33583 battles

View Post_Shawk, on 13 May 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Removal of Supremacy

Removal of Boosters

Removal of grinds that depend on completing missions based on a time scale that can't change and is convenient for a small number of people

Removal of the 183

I'm pretty sure boosters have already been removed (whether WG likes it or not) :). At least they aren't as dumb as the tournament ticket system.

sweet1emotion #5 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1198 battles
  • [RHIN0]

View Postclever_pseudonym, on 13 May 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure boosters have already been removed (whether WG likes it or not) :). At least they aren't as dumb as the tournament ticket system.

Almost though. Timers and compensation are the 2 biggest f ups in 3.8

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #6 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 35964 battles
  • [ISSAH]

View Post_Shawk, on 13 May 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Removal of Supremacy

Removal of Boosters

Removal of the 183

#2 I'm getting spotted in tanks I've never been spotted first in. Plus all of the above. I want my freaking binocs back. 

Also tagged with Silevern

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users