24 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

Heya tankers.

So - tournament didn't run. Again.

If I miss a tournament, I have to cancel it not reschedule now. The new Military Honor system will punish people who do not show up for a match in a tournament. If the schedule changes because of a mistake made by staff - it is not fair to other teams if they will get punished by not being able to make it because of the last minute schedule change.  

This is getting a bit ridiculous and is completely my fault. In an earlier post I said there would be no compensation as it was a small mistake and tracking down people to compensate would have been a nightmare. However the continued mistakes in regards to tournament management made by myself are not acceptable so I am going to make sure those affected are compensated. 

All teams that registered for May 17th, May 19th, and May 25th tournaments and were not assigned to a group/bracket will be receiving:

• 100 Gold and 100,000 Credits for Tier V/VI Tournaments
  • 300 Gold and 100,000 Credits for the Tier VII/VIII Tournaments

You can expect these some time today.

The Tournament that ran on May 23rd (Update day) will not be included in this because it ran as intended and with all teams assigned to groups. Yes the stores populated a bit late - but there was still time to update before the tournament started. I was able to update on iOS (last one to get updated) and fully downloaded with 40 minutes to spare. 

FORMER

Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

HonicTheSedgehog #2 Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12069 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostCC_Sly, on 26 May 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

All teams that registered for May 17th, May 19th, and May 25th tournaments and were not assigned to a group/bracket will be receiving:

• 100 Gold and 100,000 Credits for Tier V/VI Tournaments
  • 300 Gold and 100,000 Credits for the Tier VII/VIII Tournaments

To receive compensation, must your team have been registered for all 3 tournaments, or any one of the three?

CC_Sly #3 Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostHonicTheSedgehog, on 26 May 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

To receive compensation, must your team have been registered for all 3 tournaments, or any one of the three?

Any one of them.

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

Rockracer #4 Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5836 battles
  • [MITO]
Good to know, at least my team giving up after a hour on waiting wasn't that bad.

"I'm a soviet TD master"

Maybe.

Perf3ctCell #5 Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17704 battles
  • [501ST]
Thank you Sly for your hard work. 

The 501ST will achieve more. We will not stop and we will fight on. Every day we step on that field,  we will keep our heads held higher than any mountain. Even if we fail we still succeed because we know there is no greater thing than being a Clone Trooper.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK WE SALUTE YOU!

MRobertsRCS #6 Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Supreme Fettuccini

• Players
  • 23468 battles
  • [501ST]
Much appreciated sir. 

My E4 has a cup holder            

redmanm #7 Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Vader's Fist

• Players
  • 16902 battles
  • [501ST]
Thanks sly! 

#betaproud

SGM_zorbaz #8 Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:55 PM

[SRT] Clan Leader

• Players
  • 21036 battles
  • [SRT]
I appreciate your thoughtfulness on this one! 

"Show me a man with Grit, Skill and Zeal and I will show you a Spartan."

"Show me a man with fear, who triumphs over that fear and I will show you a hero." 

SGM_zorbaz; Executive Officer, [SPARTA] - μολὼν λαβέ

The_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar #9 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17060 battles
  • [T1GER]
Thank you Sly!  My team is still waiting for gold from the tourney on the 23rd though.  

CC_Sly #10 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Community Lead

• Administrator
  • 3087 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostThe_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar, on 26 May 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thank you Sly!  My team is still waiting for gold from the tourney on the 23rd though.  

I'll take care of that today as well.

FORMER

Forum Rules - EULA TOS

The_Witch_K1ng_of_Angmar #11 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17060 battles
  • [T1GER]

View PostCC_Sly, on 26 May 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'll take care of that today as well.

Much obliged.

CPL__Steiner #12 Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 9759 battles
  • [NUKEZ]

Thanks for the insight! 

mightymiddy #13 Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10212 battles
  • [ALL4J]
Sly thank you soo much for standing by your word....as a captain i take great pride trying to coordinate 9 folks to be ready....i am always very pro-active with these tournaments and try my best to have 9 ready to roll.  I speak for my team and all others that were waiting all day anticipating to have some fun.

CabbageMechanic #14 Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 337 battles
  • [WGA]
Hey everyone,

The lists have been made and the invoicing is being done right now, so those eligible should be receiving their compensation shortly.  This process was extremely manual (shoutout to hustleb0nes for the clutch Friday assist), so there is a non-0% chance that an extra space or some other quirk has gone wrong for a few of you.  If you do not receive your expected compensation by tomorrow, please post in this thread and I will be happy to look into it after we return from the holiday weekend.  

Have a great Memorial Day!

1zpjqpv.gif

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

bspooky #15 Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2232 battles
  • [TBSU]
Nice step up to compensate. Appreciated. 

Slackman01 #16 Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8505 battles
  • [ACER_]

View PostCC_Sly, on 26 May 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

The Tournament that ran on May 23rd (Update day) will not be included in this because it ran as intended and with all teams assigned to groups. Yes the stores populated a bit late - but there was still time to update before the tournament started. I was able to update on iOS (last one to get updated) and fully downloaded with 40 minutes to spare. 

I really appreciate being compensated for the malfunctioning tournaments held. We had teams registered for all 3 dates. I enjoy the tournaments very much and will soon play again I hope.

But the comment you made about the 23rd is unreal. First off we only received only 22 minutes notice of the update 3.9. I know this because I was logged in when notice was given. Second, we weren't given the usual 48 hours to form a team, only 24, why was the registration period shorter than usual? Third, we lost another 4 hours while the server was down and then there is the time necessary to receive the update.

Have you ever tried to coordinate the schedules of 9 people, send them tournament team invites and have them accept them and then register the team? Several members intended to arrive early expecting to find their invites and accept only to find the servers down. This was made it all but impossible and the number of teams that actually did make it was far lower than usual.

I find it pretty insensitive of you to treat the 23rd so casually.

I appreciate that we have the tournaments. I have to say I really enjoy them and I enjoy WoTB. I admit that I have no understanding of how hard you must work to bring the tournaments to us so I guess I may be out of line here. I thank you for your work on the tournaments and I hope to see many more.

This is only my 2nd post here. I am not always whining about something. I just like the tournaments so much that I want them to go correctly.

Sincerely, Slackman01

mightymiddy #17 Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10212 battles
  • [ALL4J]
So far my team has recieved 100 Gold and 100,000 Credits but i am not sure which day that was for 17th, 19th or 25th?  I thought based on the above post all was to be paid yesterday?  But my guess because it is a manual process it takes time and EACH tourney handled separatley.

I would have to agree with Slackman01.  As the captain i had 9 players lined up ready to play even on a short 24 hr notice.  The
problem was the update being done right before the tourney.  As the IOS update was the last to be released and half of my team had IOS or apple devices.  So you say you were able to download the IOS update with 40min to spare but keep in mind that depends on your internet download speed....some of my team live the country like many that play this game and they have 1MBps download and with 3 players from the same home they have to take turns and it took a long time.  This does not even include the potential glitches or crashes with the update as 2 of them with MacBook Pro had this crash 5 times before it ever worked correctly.

I dont understand the reasoning and logic behind doing an update on tournament days when there are sooo many variables that will come into play to make this work for each person.

So that tourney we made the bracket but only had 4 of 9 players as the others were having a hard time downloading and installing IOS.

So to back up what Slackman01 it is not unreasonable for compensation based on the above known issues.

mightymiddy #18 Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10212 battles
  • [ALL4J]

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 27 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

The lists have been made and the invoicing is being done right now, so those eligible should be receiving their compensation shortly.  This process was extremely manual (shoutout to hustleb0nes for the clutch Friday assist), so there is a non-0% chance that an extra space or some other quirk has gone wrong for a few of you.  If you do not receive your expected compensation by tomorrow, please post in this thread and I will be happy to look into it after we return from the holiday weekend.  

Have a great Memorial Day!

Hi CabbageMechanic,

Thanks for your due diligence in looking into this issue.  Hope you are having a nice Memorial Day Weekend.  I was the captain of Mighty Warriors from ALL4J clan.  So far my teams have only received 100 Gold and 100,000 Credits from 1 tournament.  However i am not sure which tournament date that was suppose to be applied....was it 17th, 19th, or 25th?  Per your message above i am letting you know there are still 2 tournies that i have not seen any compensation for yet.  So after the holiday weekend I and my team would appreciate you looking into this for us. 

CabbageMechanic #19 Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 337 battles
  • [WGA]

Hey guys, I apologize if this was not clearer in Sly's original post but this is a blanket single compensation for all affected by any of the tournament drops.  If you were unfortunate enough to be dropped from multiple dates you are still only eligible for the single payment.

1zpjqpv.gif

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Slackman01 #20 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8505 battles
  • [ACER_]

I would like to thank you Cabbage Mechanic and CC_Sly for the compensation we received.

I am looking forward to tonight's tournament.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users