• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

Kiser_Sosei #41 Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 31816 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postscience3099, on 30 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

What RNG algorithm does blitz use? Anybody know? It is conceivable that it likes to get stuck on low or high numbers for a time. Also, is the seed hardcoded in, or based off of something more random, like the machines time?

Yes its tied directly to their bank account. Bank numbers go down... so does RNG. 

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

CptCheez #42 Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Posterovi, on 30 May 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

My post is based on my experience. You may or may not agree with me but none of you have the right to try to bully me or anyone. GROW UP.

Nobody is bullying you.  They're just telling you that you're wrong.  Because you are.

You posted this on a public forum, thereby opening yourself up to responses from anyone who chose to read it and reply.  Grow up and accept responsibility for your own actions.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Enzo_Gorlami #43 Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34846 battles
  • [BELLS]
There is nothing wrong with your WoTB game. Do not attempt to adjust the settings. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it harder, we will jack up the MM parameters. If we wish to make it easier, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your WoTB game. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits. We now return control of your WoTB game to you, until the next battle, at the same time when the Control Voice will take you to... The Outer Limits

Gojira5475 #44 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37934 battles

He's at least mostly right,anybody who absolutely says it's untrue is a fool because only fools deal in certainties. 

As far as it goes I've seen way too much weird stuff in this game to think it's just random things and/or my internet,but as I've said it's basically a gambling game and set up so you can only win so much that way the house makes money.

The problem is WG never listens to the customers so they can't fleece them as well since their greed is making them drive away noisy long timers in favor of new unexperienced ones...which in the long run will bite them in the butt.

_Doomy #45 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 22938 battles
  • [-MM]
MM is indeed rigged to some small extent, but not to the point where they completely control your win rate. I've learned to stop complaining about it, and carry harder. The more noobs I have on my team, the more meat shields and damage I get!

CA_vampire #46 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24933 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostDoomable101, on 30 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

MM is indeed rigged to some small extent, but not to the point where they completely control your win rate. I've learned to stop complaining about it, and carry harder. The more noobs I have on my team, the more meat shields and damage I get!

I think you are right.

What I cannot understand is why so many people are dead certain that MM is completely random, all the time, for everyone. They have zero evidence about that. They have no idea what the programming behind MM is. It could be anything. None of us has seen it. The MM rules are not public (why?). And yet, if you read the first two pages of the current thread, there are so many people that are mocking the OP because they are so absolutely, unquestionably certain that MM is always random! Why are they certain? 

And there is a second category of posters that misinterpret what they read and they think that anyone who says that MM is rigged is either saying "MM is rigged AGAINST me", or that "skill does not mater in this game". These are different statements. It can be very well that MM is rigged sometimes (or very often) and yet over many months of play and thousands of games, you get a WR that accurately represents your skill (more or less). 

Enzo_Gorlami #47 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34846 battles
  • [BELLS]

View PostCA_vampire, on 30 May 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

I think you are right.

What I cannot understand is why so many people are dead certain that MM is completely random, all the time, for everyone. They have zero evidence about that. They have no idea what the programming behind MM is. It could be anything. None of us has seen it. The MM rules are not public (why?). And yet, if you read the first two pages of the current thread, there are so many people that are mocking the OP because they are so absolutely, unquestionably certain that MM is always random! Why are they certain? 

And there is a second category of posters that misinterpret what they read and they think that anyone who says that MM is rigged is either saying "MM is rigged AGAINST me", or that "skill does not mater in this game". These are different statements. It can be very well that MM is rigged sometimes (or very often) and yet over many months of play and thousands of games, you get a WR that accurately represents your skill (more or less). 

I cannot help but wonder what WoTB would be like if MM was replaced with a truly random methodology. Chaos? Order? :D

___ez_e___ #48 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61072 battles
  • [GORT]

MM is rigged equally for all players, if you think it's rigged.  

Your wr we should be going up with experience, until you've maximized your potential.  

My wr has just been going up (even though I swear that I feel like I lose more). 

Just keep working on your tank skills.  

acrisis #49 Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostCA_vampire, on 30 May 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I think you are right.

... of course MM is so "rigged" that it tracks thousands of players all at once.

MM puts the ones to nerf their WR on one side and the ones to buff their WR on the other side ... and so I end up in a battle with a 38 38 39 40 41 42 the other day against a team of 50% ... because all the greens on my team absolutely needed their WR lowered and the reds with 50-58 needed theirs boosted. Or maybe MM figured I could carry them all and I would be their booster? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

CA_vampire #50 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24933 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Postacrisis, on 30 May 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

... of course MM is so "rigged" that it tracks thousands of players all at once.

MM puts the ones to nerf their WR on one side and the ones to buff their WR on the other side ... and so I end up in a battle with a 38 38 39 40 41 42 the other day against a team of 50% ... because all the greens on my team absolutely needed their WR lowered and the reds with 50-58 needed theirs boosted. Or maybe MM figured I could carry them all and I would be their booster? 

I have experienced streaks of 20 or so winning games, when I win no mater how bad I play. 

I have also experienced losing streaks, when I lose no mater how hard I try. In one of those streaks I switched to tier 1 and ... I lost three games straight! Tier 1! In all three games, the red team had 3-4 players with over 4,000 games and over 50% WR! At that point, I stopped playing. 

Yes, of course, it could be random. If you throw the dice ten times, and ten times straight you get a 2 ... well, it could be random. The probability is not zero. Yet, it would be wise to stop playing with that dice, at least for a while!... In a day or two, whatever the WG algorithm is, it resets. At least that's what I think, I could be mistaken. 

CA_vampire #51 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24933 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostEnzo_Gorlami, on 30 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

I cannot help but wonder what WoTB would be like if MM was replaced with a truly random methodology. Chaos? Order? :D

I think the best would be to chose 14 players and then place the strongest in team A, second strongest in team B and so on, so you always get two balanced teams. This way, every game would be interesting and we wouldn't get too many 7-0 or 7-1 games.

However, this might be too discouraging for new players, I don't know...

tjheff1066 #52 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57415 battles
  • [ACE1]

I have 35K battles.  I consider myself a good player but nothing great.  I am in a clan but its not active and I very rarely platoon, I just like playing the game. I'm just you're average mook who plays the game a lot because I like it a lot.

A few things I believe are TRUE about this game, 100% true

1 - Russian bias exists and is alive and well

2 - MM is NOT rigged and never has been

3 - The Bulldog is secretly a tier 6 tank (clever sneaky Russians!), shhhhh.....don't tell anyone its a secret.

Edited by tjheff1066, 31 May 2017 - 12:46 AM.

acrisis #53 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]

We've all had those repeat impressions that sometimes it does not appear random ... and times where we can seemingly predict the next change, as if a switch was flipped. One such would be a little win streak, and poof, the bottom falls out and despite trying just as hard, you can't buy a win in any tier as you drop down, or it is always two three losses for every win, or you lose six in a row tooned, win 2 only out of 12 ... it has happened to me more times than I care to remember.

So is WG trying to nerf me? Trick me into spending more? ... because the smart people stop playing after a few losses, and during that time they don't spend.  

Countless times have I bought new premiums or new tanks, triggering a loss streak ... while if "rigged" it should be the opposite. (Buy = win more) 

Back to WR nerf. Thing is though, OP does not play at a level that would trigger anything, ... when you hover at 50% with a dmg ratio below 1 etc ... what would the algorithm try to correct?  Same for 45%. 40% ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

CptCheez #54 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostCA_vampire, on 30 May 2017 - 07:34 PM, said

We are certain because it IS public, and has been since the game's release.  See here, Overlord's blog about Blitz Matchmaking.  Overlord was the Producer of Blitz back in 2014 when it was first released.

Want more proof?  Here's WG's "Matchmaking System Guide" for Blitz.

Want even more?  Here's WG's own wiki page on the Blitz matchmaker.

Anyone who says "the MM rules are not public" simply has not bothered to look for them.  You can find all 3 of those with a very quick google search on "world of tanks blitz matchmaker".

Edited by CptCheez, 31 May 2017 - 12:42 AM.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

RatPATROL_2014 #55 Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 77604 battles
  • [THUMB]
Buy some gold and put it in your bubble bath -your big brother knows if you just spent a penny on WOTBLITZ you stole money for gold 

Player_39363936 #56 Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67007 battles
  • [EWENS]

I agree that the game is rigged in a number of ways.

Anyone care to explain the honeymoon matchmaking we all get when playing a new tank?

How does that work?  Has that ever been explained to us?

How do they put us into an easier game?   It is undeniable that they do this.

Does wargaming give better MM to people that have and are spending money on the game?

I would bet my last dollar that this tool is being used.

I had a 16 game losing streak at a time I was only playing premium tanks to make credits?

The poster who said this is a tinfoil hat free zone is dead wrong.

If it is and this forum closes its eyes to the shenagins that wargaming is clearly engaged in then this forum is not doing it's primary job.

science3099 #57 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16054 battles
  • [-UTC-]
The specific RNG algorithim could be an explanation to the appearance of "RNG" Nerfing. All RNG numbers are actually pseudo random. They are random enough that we can't determine the pattern, but there is one. This could lead to a completely natural run of low or high numbers without active interference. I have a feeling that Match Making isn't "random" as in RNG is relied upon, but is determined by when the players selected for a match join the queue. This would explain the funky team composition that occasionally occurs.

See, look! I can cite completely anecdotal and subjective data to support my opinion too!

The fact of the matter is all we have right now is what WG has said. No one has done any kind of extensive testing to determine if MM is completely random or not. Until that study has been done, the only logical position is that WG must be telling the truth because why would they lie?

Ralph Stanley is supper rad! :harp:

0Xx_Panzer_xX0 #58 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

King of premium ammo spamming

• Players
  • 23050 battles
  • [GZR]

View Postoutersketcher, on 30 May 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

So THAT'S why I die when I yolo into a cluster of heavies with my american light? 

this

LAPPELduvide #59 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
I wish my MM was rigged to help me. :(

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Dark_Magician_Girl #60 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 34871 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Posterovi, on 30 May 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Most replies to this point, far from contributing reasonable arguments against my perception are just useless remarks based on stupidity. Grow up people.

Here's a real argument.  It's not mm.  It's you.  Every tier above 4 has a sub 50% average.

https://wotbstars.co...&geo=NA&lng=eng

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users