Final Farewell

Silevern

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Silevern #1 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17611 battles

I have been thinking about this a lot ever since WG followed through with Update 3.8. I realize that this is not my first retirement announcement, but a combination of my impending college career and an overwhelming anger at this game has driven me to the absolute end.

If the title doesn't make it clear enough, I will be retiring from Blitz immediately and severing all ties to any organizations I may have gotten myself into during my career. This means I am resigning as a workgroup member of the Blitz Community Coalition, resigning as a Blitz Pro League NA Contributor, and resigning as an officer of my clan, Defiant. 

The reason is simple. This game and the company that runs it, it seems, began to degrade and crumple like a piece of paper in a glass of water until the mobile powerhouse game it was before became a mere shadow of itself through a brutally butchered economic model, repeated and unrepentant lack of responsive action to player feedback, and the excessive complication of the game into some kind of overburdened monstrosity that has become more of a hassle to play than an enjoyment. 

I have no intention of inflating my importance on the forums or in this game but I feel that I represent a significant number of players in this game. Many of the experienced players have become burned out, and with the memories of the straightforward, fun, and competitive game that Blitz was in the relatively recent past, trying to enjoy the game in its current state is frustrating and sickening. With the announcement of Update 3.8 I told myself that I would stick with the game and be patient. I accepted an offer to join the Blitz Community Coalition workgroup to get as close as possible to WG's community staff and try to implement the change that Blitz so badly needed. With the lack of any kind of quantitative achievement I've simply given up.

Blitz has come a long way. My first encounter with WG was playing World of Tanks PC back in 2013; I used a different account and didn't even log 500 battles before saying the game was too boring for my taste. Just a few months after Blitz was released in the App Store, the constant advertisements on other apps finally convinced me to give the game another shot. I look back and laugh at how afraid I used to be of the Hetzer, or how disorientating it was to enter an unfamiliar map and helplessly wander around. I remember my buddy Velvorent, my first regular platoonmate, who told me hushed warnings to steer clear of the IS, which we considered a god-like beast. It was through him that I found the forums and got involved in forums and began to meet you folks.

For the first several months of my career as a competitive player I played under the banner of DD's subclan, [RAIDR], until I became a bit disillusioned and quit the game to take a break. I met alexbuildit of 501ST and had a brief spell with 501ST before returning to RAIDR. It was at this time that my good friend _Wilde created his own clan, NVA, which I was more than happy to drop everything and work on building up. Slowly building up a fledgling clan was an interesting experience and definitely a unique one. And finally upon NVA's unfortunate collapse I made my way to my brothers at Defiant. Working with the boys at Defiant was an absolute pleasure. I was so proud to be unanimously promoted to an officer position. We've had so many memorable battles and experiences together and I can't thank you guys more. I'm sorry to leave so abruptly like this, trust me it wasn't an easy decision but the amount of disgust I have at Blitz and WG right now can't be topped.

I don't know how my future will pan out. Likely I'm completely finished with Wargaming and anything else that they might dangle on a fishing rod before me. I'll be moving on to college next year and have no wish to retain the amount of anger at a phone game when I reach university. I want to move on.

There are so many people I want to thank for being with me. I would never forgive myself if I didn't mention my good friend HighExpectationz, formerly known as _V3NOM_, who I will be following in my departure from Blitz. Wilde, buddy, we've platooned together regularly for nearly three years. It's been a hell of a run. Darkeh and Renegade, trust me, we did well in Defiant. I'm so proud of what we accomplished as a clan of brothers. Defiant's clan veterans, we might have had our arguments, but I salute you. KRIEG family, we've definitely had our clashes but I would be lying if I didn't say that I always looked up to you guys. Thanks for being the standard to aspire to reach. My former NVA soldiers, wherever you may have quietly scattered to, I will always remember our days of NVA glory. We really were a family and I'll never forget. Chatta and Raz3r, our World of Warships divisions were so much fun. I'm sorry to say my ship is leaving port forever. BCC workgroup folks, I'm sad to be the first one to give up. But keep fighting. You guys have an indomitable spirit that I wish I had as well. Most of all I want to thank our WG community staff. They were here for us and were more than willing to work together to improve the game.

Since this is my farewell post I feel mildly obligated to tell you guys more about myself. My real name is Tim Kim and I'm 17 years old, living in Northern Virginia. I'll be majoring in computer science and hope to get a job in cybersecurity, or a bureaucratic position in the Department of Defense. When I'm not doing Blitz-related things or schoolwork, I'm out hiking, making computer programs, playing ice hockey, reading historical fiction, or watching movies. 

The most fun I had in this game was meeting new people and playing competitive. There's no thrill greater than fighting with six other players in a coordinated strategy against skilled opponents. I got to meet so many new faces, and even if everyone was just a name and sometimes a voice, I think it's safe to say that I found genuine friendship. I think over my career I spent the last two years constantly searching for a place to fight competitive. Defiant delivered. 

Some final words. It's just a game. Regardless of how competitive or fun-seeking you approach Blitz, it's just a game that you are 100% free to leave whenever you want. Don't burden yourself for no reason.

Thank you, Wargaming, for the fun times. I'll never forget what Blitz once was. I'm lost in the past, with only the memories of good times and good games. The future is yours and I sincerely hope things will improve and everyone will leave happy.

Goodbye, and I hope everyone stays safe. You guys are all an awesome community and I'm proud to have been with you guys from the beginning.

~
Silevern

dabnaya02 #2 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16867 battles
Thanks for helping with us, you've been an incredible leader, friend and contributor to all of us in WoT Blitz. We will most certainly miss you! Good luck out there.

pastore123 #3 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 19675 battles
  • [LXE]
We may not have ever really talked or exchanged any form of communication, but your message made an impact on myself. Good luck with your endeavors and <0. 

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

_GeneralPearson #4 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3785 battles
o7 silevern, I think we only platooned once, but I know you really helped DFNT a lot during the span of your blitz career. o7 mate

Edited by General_Pearson, 31 May 2017 - 04:41 AM.

Maplexi #5 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

152 Shades of Boom

• Players
  • 33104 battles
  • [III-Z]
Cheers bud. Been good to see you on the battlefield (better when you were green).  GL with college, and all that life will bring.  o7

Sig

Jager7080 #6 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13563 battles
  • [_NME_]

Good Luck in your future endeavors...from an NVA alum...

Money_mann____ #7 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12539 battles
  • [D3TH_]

Awww shoot not you man!

Well GG sir, hope you have better endevors in the future.

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

VonMiller58 #8 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

Chicken Farmer

• Players
  • 31022 battles
  • [JFGF]
GG bro

o...:...:I:...:...o

War_Vet_1 #9 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

Major Disaster

• Players
  • 15601 battles
  • [4ROG]
Good luck. Best wishes.

Ignoring life 7 minutes at a time!

EvenSteven98 #10 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:11 AM

#1 Topic Killer

• Players
  • 39554 battles
  • [PRAMO]

RIP.  :(

:honoring::honoring::honoring:

I will press F to pay respects for you.  Good luck in College!  :coin::izmena:

F

LtPork #11 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Why can't I shoot green tanks?

• Players
  • 22729 battles

At some point, I guess we all eventually will stop playing Blitz. I just never figured how soon some people would have to move on. 

Best of luck with your future endeavors and opportunities. :honoring:

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube....6k28UAEZ7UgGIBg

Proud owner of the IS-6 Fearless

Panbun #12 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

Thank you for your contributions to the Blitz community, Silevern.

Wishing you the best of luck with all pursuits in life.

_34 #13 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 23323 battles
Bye

ChitFromChinola #14 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 56013 battles
  • [-1]

Keep rockin, dude.

Tankiller14 #15 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11600 battles
  • [MAHOU]
o7

r4zrbl4de #16 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

Camo Fetish

• Players
  • 14257 battles

Agh... tears

I'll miss seeing you around on the forums and on Discord

_ArmoredGlassCannon #17 Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18665 battles
  • [DRSIA]
Thank you for contributing for our community. Goodluck with your future career. Farewell, veteran WotB player. o7

"Give an anime fan any object, and they will find a way to want to stick their ***k in it" — Gigguk

"IDF super op military uses ancient M103 and makes them bullet proof with sand bags. F****ing op military moments." — mike82198

Standardpanzer__E75 #18 Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles
  • [11TH_]
_G_G

_LOONA #19 Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

LOOΠΔ

• Players
  • 11104 battles
  • [SRT]
o7

Ksftwe #20 Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25683 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I've known you since you were actually named timkim(numbers)...a lot has changed since then, and not entirely for the better as you seem to be well aware. Best of luck to you.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

Also tagged with Silevern

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users