Jump to content


Tournaments cancelled for the future


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

mightymiddy #41 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 12741 battles
  • 86
  • [ALL4J]
  • Member since:
    09-16-2016

View PostRoadKutter, on 05 June 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Hey Sly wil this be the way you go on NA? 

https://wotblitz.asi...naments-update/

 

Interesting i see that this is the Asia server but will this be the same for NA?  My guess is that it would be as the blitz folks would keep it consistent.  Thoughts from wargaming folks?



CC_Sly #42 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

    Community Lead

  • Administrator
  • 3091 battles
  • 1,441
  • [WGA]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

UPDATE:

 

Well, I just tried to pull the player data from the tournaments in order to compensate everyone. It gave me a blank sheet. So I tried 3 more times with different methods. All blank.

Unfortunately this means I have no way to get the list of people I need to compensate in any reasonable amount of time.

 

I am going to be sending a report off about these issues and see if HQ can get me the data. That will mean compensation is on hold until I can get that list.

   


FORMER

  Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

   Forum Rules - EULA TOS

   Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

 


Dreadnoghtus #43 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

    Russian Sealclubber

  • Players
  • 27142 battles
  • 1,142
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2015

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

UPDATE:

 

Well, I just tried to pull the player data from the tournaments in order to compensate everyone. It gave me a blank sheet. So I tried 3 more times with different methods. All blank.

Unfortunately this means I have no way to get the list of people I need to compensate in any reasonable amount of time.

 

I am going to be sending a report off about these issues and see if HQ can get me the data. That will mean compensation is on hold until I can get that list.

   

 

welp

 /img

I   hAvE nO iDeA wHaT i'M dOiNg

Rivervally_Tom #44 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7913 battles
  • 352
  • [101A]
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014

CC_Sly thanks for keeping us posted and having our backs.

 


 

 


CeReAlCiTyTaNkER #45 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 28333 battles
  • 12
  • [C-4]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2015
Keep your tourny's! Seems WOT cant do that right, maybe you should take some pointers from the organizers of clan wars! WE want spare parts..Oh thats right they are taking info. And looking at data

TEXAS_for_the_win #46 Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6688 battles
  • 244
  • [I776]
  • Member since:
    10-04-2016

cc sly do you have any idea what the compensation will be? my team from my clan is really wanting to know. please reply!!

 

Thanks sly we know you are doing your best


Rip liberalism 2008-2016 make merica great again!!! owner of the great clan merica! [I776]
 
If you don't like trucks, country music, Merica​ ​or dogface I probably don't like you either, Earl dibbles jr. 
(ok I added the dogface that was me not Earl dibbles jr. )
#makeamericagreatagain      https://youtu.be/cb1b0tAR-3s

Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

 

 
 
 

john_bond_16_pc #47 Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

    The name's bond...John bond.

  • Players
  • 11283 battles
  • 565
  • Member since:
    08-02-2016
the compensation should be any free tank from the shop or 7k gold cuz this is taking for ever

   ​Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay.

              
 ​COD-X CLAN DEP and TRPD MATE

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Stats:                                                                                       

       

Mdog51 #48 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18883 battles
  • 228
  • [TR_MD]
  • Member since:
    04-20-2016

@cc_sly

 

Should I summit a ticket with the names of my clan members who participated?



WOT_user12 #49 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 10328 battles
  • 58
  • [KRONO]
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014
Rip tourneys

_Pandageddon #50 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

    Tunnels Concep

  • Players
  • 27494 battles
  • 1,358
  • [-TK]
  • Member since:
    07-10-2014

View Postjohn_bond_16_pc, on 07 June 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

the compensation should be any free tank from the shop or 7k gold cuz this is taking for ever

 


 


XxDiamondMinerSlayerxX #51 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4683 battles
  • 104
  • [PZ3]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Post_Pandageddon, on 07 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

 

Duh.

xxdiamondminerslayerxx_t3485_eng.jpeg

Was Brandon2321, then along came my brother. RIP 2.5k gold as well.


Stoic_Ronin #52 Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 11015 battles
  • 4
  • [ACER_]
  • Member since:
    09-18-2016
Cc sly, if players access tournaments from inside their garage, the last two are still listed, including all the team and player info. So it's all in there somewhere.  Maybe hire a temp to click through and write down all the names?? :-) 

___Cody #53 Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:35 AM

    podofseals.jpg

  • Players
  • 31084 battles
  • 26
  • [DRSIA]
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
^^ he's got a point

Lord_Hamman #54 Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 13132 battles
  • 21
  • [O7]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015
They probably have temps or interns or at least some guy they can take off of support ticket duty for this...

Slackman01 #55 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 9980 battles
  • 17
  • [ACER_]
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

Well listen to this.....I sent a message directly to a Staff Member of WG earlier yesterday explaining that I was able to see the entire tournament team membership for tiers V-VI and VII-VIII on both May 31st and on June 2nd.  I asked why isn't this can't be used.

 

This was WG's response.....

 

"Unfortunately not, While username can be used, people can change them and that can lead to confusion. We have an internal player ID unique to the account that never changes, We need that number."

 

Now here is where I have a problem with WG's response....We players all put up gladly with this game with all it's bugs and flaws and we enjoy this game. We don't stop playing or stop giving WG money for their special offers and premium vehicles, etc. when it is imperfect. 

 

BUT if WG doesn't have everything quite perfect and as WG wants it to be we are delayed or maybe even denied promised compensation 

 

I suspect the number of team membership name changes to be a small fraction and anyhow everyday compensation is delayed the number of name changes may grow.

 

The response I received is callous and unfair. We are the ones who have been wronged. WG has repeatedly wasted our time and effort with failed tournament events.

 

And on top of that WG has taken down the team membership roster so now I am unable to screenshot my clan's team and their members. Nice trick WG. Makes me regret I told WG about it without a screenshot first.

 

WG should facilitate compensation not impede it. The roster of team membership that is available should suffice and if WG ever gets their precious "internal player ID" working WG can make their adjustments.

 

Sincerely, Slackman01  

 



Mdog51 #56 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:38 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18883 battles
  • 228
  • [TR_MD]
  • Member since:
    04-20-2016

View PostSlackman01, on 08 June 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Well listen to this.....I sent a message directly to a Staff Member of WG earlier yesterday explaining that I was able to see the entire tournament team membership for tiers V-VI and VII-VIII on both May 31st and on June 2nd.  I asked why isn't this can't be used.

 

This was WG's response.....

 

"Unfortunately not, While username can be used, people can change them and that can lead to confusion. We have an internal player ID unique to the account that never changes, We need that number."

 

Now here is where I have a problem with WG's response....We players all put up gladly with this game with all it's bugs and flaws and we enjoy this game. We don't stop playing or stop giving WG money for their special offers and premium vehicles, etc. when it is imperfect. 

 

BUT if WG doesn't have everything quite perfect and as WG wants it to be we are delayed or maybe even denied promised compensation 

 

I suspect the number of team membership name changes to be a small fraction and anyhow everyday compensation is delayed the number of name changes may grow.

 

The response I received is callous and unfair. We are the ones who have been wronged. WG has repeatedly wasted our time and effort with failed tournament events.

 

And on top of that WG has taken down the team membership roster so now I am unable to screenshot my clan's team and their members. Nice trick WG. Makes me regret I told WG about it without a screenshot first.

 

WG should facilitate compensation not impede it. The roster of team membership that is available should suffice and if WG ever gets their precious "internal player ID" working WG can make their adjustments.

 

Sincerely, Slackman01  

 

 

Excellent post!

That_dewd #57 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15069 battles
  • 2
  • [-BOW-]
  • Member since:
    09-08-2016

View PostBronyman50, on 03 June 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

Talk about a royally bad season eh? First we had 3.8, now the Honor System, and now tournaments. What's next someone going to stick a churro in the master server?

 

Maybe they're trying, in vain, to  s l o w l y  earn enough spare parts to fix things...karma is a you-know-what, lol.

mlacunza #58 Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Tanquista Peruano

  • Players
  • 28267 battles
  • 1,010
  • [DBLAT]
  • Member since:
    04-01-2016

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 June 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

UPDATE:

 

Well, I just tried to pull the player data from the tournaments in order to compensate everyone. It gave me a blank sheet. So I tried 3 more times with different methods. All blank.

Unfortunately this means I have no way to get the list of people I need to compensate in any reasonable amount of time.

 

I am going to be sending a report off about these issues and see if HQ can get me the data. That will mean compensation is on hold until I can get that list.

   

Hi, any update with this?

 

That data can be obtained in one minute for a competent DBA it's a simple query


Saludos!

Website:: http://wblitz.win


Freejack1977 #59 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 22314 battles
  • 29
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

View PostCC_Sly, on 06 June 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

UPDATE:

 

Well, I just tried to pull the player data from the tournaments in order to compensate everyone. It gave me a blank sheet. So I tried 3 more times with different methods. All blank.

Unfortunately this means I have no way to get the list of people I need to compensate in any reasonable amount of time.

 

I am going to be sending a report off about these issues and see if HQ can get me the data. That will mean compensation is on hold until I can get that list.

   

 

Is there any news when tournaments be back? Have you received any word from Developers or HQ on the issue?

Sturmgeschutz1 #60 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

    Jagd mich nicht!!

  • Players
  • 37111 battles
  • 197
  • [D_1]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015
Dunt dah dahhhhh .....Developers did it again and Sly I feel bad for you to be the point man on this. I have respect for you trying to face this alone. It leads me to believe even more than ever that the development team isn't some team but a quandary of different groups from different firms. When data is lost it's in someone else's possession. If there isn't a cohesive apprehension of data then someone didn't just delete it, it simply isn't being shared. Or...the developers are actually programs that create packets based on the latest players participation throughout the game to see what's lacking in Tanks / TD's, revenues being player gains as opposed to what corporate wants players to win, premium %'s being at what levels of averages, boosters being used...and so on. Maybe these are the (2) real reasons that the developers can't or won't step forward and actually talk to its player base. Internal disputes of ownership / responsibility, or they just aren't human operators but programmed data. Either way, if they are actual people they need to quit hiding and start addressing issues. Get out of hiding and own it...! Another fine mess... add this to the Blunder Bundle Saga of 3.8 Ripdate and 3.9 Nerfdate.... straight up. WG developers if you All or (it) can't sort it out, then everyone be compensated for being LOGGED IN during those hours at tiers V-VIII. If not you developers / WG programs just further breached another trust in the player base and burned another reason into the books of why this game is slowly starting to die off.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users