• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

WriterDude #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

Hi Everyone,

I finally finished the voiceover, and here's the result. Still too many "um" comments. I'll keep working on that. I'm also going to try to post one of these every week until I get through my list.

Two points of interest in the video. There's a "not a Ghost Round" at 5:25. If you watch it frame-by-frame, you'll see that it actually hits the tracks - how it didn't track the target is beyond me, but go figure - you can see the size of the aiming reticle there. The lesson there is that you can shoot a medium from 46 meters, and do nothing. Thanks, Wargaming! And there's a funny moment at 10:08 where a guy backed off a hill directly into my shot at someone else, and paid the price. :-)

Where the round actually hit...

This before-and-after video has 3 battles with the ARL 44. 

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

LoweExpectations #2 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles
You sound eerily similar to Sliphamton...

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

lucbp36 #3 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3809 battles
  • [NOOBS]
I honestly don't agree with your conclusion. Fully upgraded, the ARL 44 has fantastic penetration and the top motor can propel it to almost 40 speed. This OK speed can get it quite involved in battle and allows it to somewhat keep up with flanks. For 225 damage, the rounds are really good (7-second reload time), and the pen allows it to penetrate literally every vehicle it faces. Also, one thing you did not mention was the horrendous weak spots on the side and rear of the tank (especially the turret), although I am sure you know about them. These weak spots are the worst and are really susceptible to HE penetration. Adding on, I wish you had mentioned the superb turret traverse this tank has, as I have been able to catch some death-circling lights at times. Anyway, I think the ARL is a great tank, and your gameplay proved this, I just wish you had embraced it more.

I used to be really bad. My WR is still recovering... https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/lucbp36. (Let's just say I IMMEDIATELY BOUGHT A TIER 7 PREMIUM, YES I WAS A CLASSIC [well, you know]) Don't Worry I'm pretty good now!

Proud owner of zero tier 10s (I've only been playing for a few months now...). I'll never be a unicum... 

Favorite Tanks: AT-15A SP I C, VK 28.01, Churchill GC (yes), ARL 44, KV-2, KV-1, AMX 50 100 Tanks I HATE!: Matilda, E 25, T-28, M3 Lee, M3 Stuart

WriterDude #4 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View Postlucbp36, on 07 June 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I honestly don't agree with your conclusion. Fully upgraded, the ARL 44 has fantastic penetration and the top motor can propel it to almost 40 speed. This OK speed can get it quite involved in battle and allows it to somewhat keep up with flanks. For 225 damage, the rounds are really good (7-second reload time), and the pen allows it to penetrate literally every vehicle it faces. Also, one thing you did not mention was the horrendous weak spots on the side and rear of the tank (especially the turret), although I am sure you know about them. These weak spots are the worst and are really susceptible to HE penetration. Adding on, I wish you had mentioned the superb turret traverse this tank has, as I have been able to catch some death-circling lights at times. Anyway, I think the ARL is a great tank, and your gameplay proved this, I just wish you had embraced it more.

Great points. 

I will check to see if I didn't equip the top motor. However, it's a strange thing - both at Malinovka and at Rockfield, it was fine an a flat, but awkward when it didn't have time to build up speed. It was painful trying to catch up with the battle on Rockfield.

Guilty as charged. I did mention the soft armor, but didn't mention the traverse, partly because the ARL is more heavium than true heavy, so I kinda expect a fast traverse. I should have called out that it actually out-slewed that VK 28.01 on Malinovka. (I combine the turret and track traverse into the "slew" here.)

I will maintain that the aiming bloom is just awful. The pen is fine, especially at tier 6, but it felt like Russian accuracy.

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

Soviet_Scumbag #5 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1213 battles
ARL is amazing...unless you give your side to a KV-2, then it is significantly less amazing.

Is only Russian Bias, comrade, "Why You Heff To Be Mad?"

V1n2002 #6 Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4035 battles
  • [FURY]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 07 June 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

You sound eerily similar to Sliphamton...

No he does not I can assure you

much yummy :popcorn:

LoweExpectations #7 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View Postlucbp36, on 07 June 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Why would you ever use the 90 mm on the ARL 44? The 105 mm is far superior.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

WriterDude #8 Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

• Players
  • 21391 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostLoweExpectations, on 08 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Why would you ever use the 90 mm on the ARL 44? The 105 mm is far superior.

I'm tempted to try it after this experiment. The 90mm has notably better dispersion, way faster aim time, and much better pen, which would make low tier less intimidating. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users