• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

__Frostbite #1 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [-0]

POPULAR

This is basically an appreciation post for the PRAMO clan. But feel free to read if you would like to hear about the PRAMO clan. I had to include a back story as well, otherwise this story would make no sense.

A few nights ago, I noticed my Personal Supply Level was soon to reach Level 10. The only thing this meant to me was that I would be able to unlock and purchase the IS-5 (more on that later). Unfortunately, my clan was still at 40% to unlocking Supply Level 10, so I wouldn't be able to get the IS-5. I talked to my clan, and I told them I would be leaving for a few days while I searched for a clan with Supply Level 10 unlocked. I figured the best way to find a clan would be to post a thread on the forums, and this is where the PRAMO clan comes in. 

A PRAMO deputy left a comment on my thread, telling me he would let me into PRAMO so I could pick up my IS-5. I went crazy. I PM'ed him in game, I told him I wouldn't stick around for a while because it would significantly lower their stats, and I was in. Just like that.

Remember, we're talking about the best clan in North America. The clan that represented North America in the Twister Cup. I was stoked. Their personnel page was so bright, so full of unicums, that I had to look away for a second. I used to be proud of my 54.5% WR, I mean, that puts me in the top 20% of all Blitz players in North America. But to see that green number, all around the purple and blue ones, was a bit of a shock. The PRAMO clan averages about a 70% WR. Suddenly I was among the best in the continent. Yes, I realize they let me for an IS-5, but still, it's not every day you have the chance to casually chat with the best players of NA. 

Well, it turns out the boys from PRAMO are not much different from your everyday, ordinary clan (asides from their stats.) They still ask for platoons, talk about tank stats, what's been working for them, swearing at terrible teammates, and of course, being really friendly and chill. I could immediately tell none of them judged me as a normal player, none of them were stuck-up or anything. They welcomed me in with open arms, asked if I wanted to platoon, and told me some of their inside jokes (only thing I'm going to say about that is: oof.) They were very professional, respectful, and humble. 

Being in the PRAMO clan had some perks. I got a lot of random people calling my name out in global chat. I got a lot of random friend requests from people. And one guy PM'ed me after one match, saying how proud he was of himself that he killed a PRAMO guy in battle. I did get a lot of attention, including another guy who PM'ed me with a single question, "how da fuk r u in PRAMO". :trollface:

The next day, I unlocked Personal Supply Level 10, got my IS-5, played a few rounds in (it's actually pretty decent. Deflects a few rounds, good old standard 122 mm gun, decently fast, average tank and turret traverse speed. Basically another tier 8 IS, but very affordable at the price of 1,500 gold. I would say it's worth it if you have an extra 5 bucks laying around or a boatload of gold with nothing to spend it on. My best match with it was today, with 3.5k damage and 4 kills. That only earned me a Class II mastery badge, thanks to all the unicums out there like the PRAMO guys doing very well in it. :medal:

I said my goodbyes to PRAMO the same night I got my IS-5, but before doing that, I sent a few friend requests to all the guys that had been around the chat. If I ever need an OP platoon, I've now got a few PRAMO guys on my friend list. Hehehe...

Anyway, if you managed to get to the end of this, o7 to you, thank you so much. And that's exactly what I would like to say to the PRAMO clan for the last time, "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I enjoyed the experience beyond words. And hey, my win ratio is climbing fast and my number of higher tier tanks are soaring, maybe one day I'll be back there...but there to stay. 

Thanks all,

-Maverick

Edit: I've since gotten to 58% win rate. I've done some tournaments, played against and with some of these PRAMO guys, and improved as a player a lot in a few short months. I just looked at this thread for the first time since I wrote it in June, and was surprised to see how many upvotes I have received! Also, I see a Popular sticker with the star, I've very honored to see that! I've only seen that sticker a few times on the forums, and only written by the forum hawks. Thank you so much community and again for PRAMO for helping me get the IS-5! Over 100 battles in it and a 60% win rate! Maybe some day way way in the future, I might just be able to join PURPL and work my way up.

Oh and, why did people suddenly start posting on this thread in October? I know they won the Vegas tournament and qualified for the Twister Cup, but lol, guess people searched for the thread because of the tag. I was not expecting this thread to get revived LOL.

An another thing: I can retire peacefully from this game, I enjoyed a few months in FLOOP. I can say that I was a proper member of the PRAMO family. Well boys, I achieved my goal, you guys can too.

I'm in Void at the moment because the cool lads here, but I may join PURPL way down the road. We'll see how it goes.

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 07 November 2018 - 12:11 AM.

rusty.

reluctanttheist #2 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25521 battles
  • [III-H]
This is the sort of thing that makes our user community awesome.  o7 to the lads at PRAMO for making this happen.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

PA60Pilot #3 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31814 battles
  • [TITAN]

I agree.  Nice job guys.

"Now they're gonna come for us" - Anonymous Spawn Camping M6 - after rest of team destroyed

Hizzoner #4 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:41 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16601 battles
  • [III-C]

Great story...

I have a ton of respect for all the great clans in game and am heartened to hear your story..too often the clan narrative is negative and diminishes perceptions....but there is often more to a story than the surface tells...twister cup and pramo is a great example..what a complex set of decisions, choices, and outcomes few would have predicted...lots of drama though. Props to Concep and others for managing that.

i wonder how how many more cool stories like this have happened but are untold? 

O7

Defaultz #5 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:44 AM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 30627 battles
Yeah but did you know they let rerolls into PURPL :0

Money_mann____ #6 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12766 battles
  • [USA]

Amazing, after seeing that one post of a Pramo guy naming amd Shaming i thought that prestige had gotten to their heads. 

Good to see they still have a few saints in their. 

Working as Intended, Comrade

Proud owner of the TOG II*

TheFluffyGreenSlug #7 Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8289 battles
Is PRAMO doing this in general for people?

__Frostbite #8 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [-0]

View PostTheFluffyGreenSlug, on 07 June 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Is PRAMO doing this in general for people?

no not really. its just that one of their deputies decided to have a soft heart for me. There are plenty of other clans out there as well that have Supply Level 10 done as well

Yes, they set up a clan called MXPRO to do that for people.

-Maverick

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 07 November 2018 - 12:12 AM.

rusty.

SieurPersil #9 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

Knight of the Round Potato

• Players
  • 25048 battles
  • [SPUDX]
Great story ! +1 for Mikes initiative and to the clan for this.

Volunteer Tater Ambassador - Potentate Relationship Manager - Inter Clan Camping Liaison Officer. Knight of the round potato. Information regarding the hamac or our adirondack chairs available. Quote of the moment : "Will focus fire on WriterDude for beer"

__Frostbite #10 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [-0]

View PostSieurPersil, on 07 June 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Great story ! +1 for Mikes initiative and to the clan for this.

how'd you know it was Mike? :)
rusty.

BushiBan #11 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3513 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 07 June 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

how'd you know it was Mike? :)

'He is SieurPersil, Knight of the Round Potato!  How could he not know?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

RoadKutter #12 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:28 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 37533 battles
  • [III-H]
Awesome, good read as well.

Ghosting reds since 2014

__Frostbite #13 Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:30 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [-0]

View PostBushiBan, on 07 June 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

'He is SieurPersil, Knight of the Round Potato!  How could he not know?

um sure okay lol
rusty.

Myth39 #14 Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

BLITZKRIEG

• Players
  • 29748 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 07 June 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

This is basically an appreciation post for the PRAMO clan. But feel free to read if you would like to hear about the PRAMO clan. I had to include a back story as well, otherwise this story would make no sense.

A few nights ago, I noticed my Personal Supply Level was soon to reach Level 10. The only thing this meant to me was that I would be able to unlock and purchase the IS-5 (more on that later). Unfortunately, my clan was still at 40% to unlocking Supply Level 10, so I wouldn't be able to get the IS-5. I talked to my clan, and I told them I would be leaving for a few days while I searched for a clan with Supply Level 10 unlocked. I figured the best way to find a clan would be to post a thread on the forums, and this is where the PRAMO clan comes in. 

A PRAMO deputy left a comment on my thread, telling me he would let me into PRAMO so I could pick up my IS-5. I went crazy. I PM'ed him in game, I told him I wouldn't stick around for a while because it would significantly lower their stats, and I was in. Just like that.

Remember, we're talking about the best clan in North America. The clan that represented North America in the Twister Cup. I was stoked. Their personnel page was so bright, so full of incomes, that I had to look away for a second. I used to be proud of my 54.5% WR, I mean, that puts me in the top 20% of all Blitz players in North America. But to see that green number, all around the purple and blue ones, was a bit of a shock. The PRAMO clan averages about a 70% WR. Suddenly I was among the best in the continent. Yes, I realize they let me for an IS-5, but still, it's not every day you have the chance to casually chat with the best players of NA. 

Well, it turns out the boys from PRAMO are not much different from your everyday, ordinary clan (asides from their stats.) They still ask for platoons, talk about tank stats, what's been working for them, swearing at terrible teammates, and of course, being really friendly and chill. I could immediately tell none of them judged me as a normal player, none of them were stuck-up or anything. They welcomed me in with open arms, asked if I wanted to platoon, and told me some of their inside jokes (only thing I'm going to say about that is: oof.) They were very professional, respectful, and humble. 

Being in the PRAMO clan had some perks. I got a lot of random people calling my name out in global chat. I got a lot of random friend requests from people. And one guy PM'ed me after one match, saying how proud he was of himself that he killed a PRAMO guy in battle. I did get a lot of attention, including another guy who PM'ed me with a single question, "how da fuk r u in PRAMO". :)

The next day, I unlocked Personal Supply Level 10, got my IS-5, played a few rounds in (it's actually pretty decent. Deflects a few rounds, good old standard 122 mm gun, decently fast, average tank and turret traverse speed. Basically another tier 8 IS, but very affordable at the price of 1,500 gold. I would say it's worth it if you have an extra 5 bucks laying around or a boatload of gold with nothing to spend it on. My best match with it was today, with 3.5k damage and 4 kills. That only earned me a Class II mastery badge, thanks to all the unicums out there like the PRAMO guys doing very well in it. :)

I said my goodbyes to PRAMO the same night I got my IS-5, but before doing that, I sent a few friend requests to all the guys that had been around the chat. If I ever need an OP platoon, I've now got a few PRAMO guys on my friend list. Hehehe...

Anyway, if you managed to get to the end of this, o7 to you, thank you so much. And that's exactly what I would like to say to the PRAMO clan for the last time, "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I enjoyed the experience beyond words. And hey, my win ratio is climbing fast and my number of higher tier tanks are soaring, maybe one day I'll be back there...but there to stay. 

Thanks all,

-Maverick

Aw man, thanks for the words, good luck out there m8. o7

Steeby141 #15 Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

Loyal M60 Owner

• Players
  • 45234 battles
  • [STEEB]
:great:

ThemasterTanker1 #16 Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:57 AM

No, this is Patrick

• Players
  • 18304 battles
  • [CRATE]
:rolleyes:

Swanky

jjraidz #17 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

Doggo

• Players
  • 25507 battles
  • [_V_]
:playing:

In the #1 clan in the North American Cluster

LAPPELduvide #18 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
My time in PRAMO was terrible. Tmt never loved me back the whole time I was in the clan.

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

__Frostbite #19 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 24288 battles
  • [-0]

View PostJaggedPanda, on 07 June 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

I would have booted you out the clan for good. Cheap as lazy way of getting the is-5. Loser

what the hell dude, maybe thats why Im not in your clan
rusty.

Augustus_Sohn #20 Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13373 battles
  • [III-H]

Very nice! There are a couple in that clan that can kiss my moose knuckles, but the rest have all been über cool.

Glad to hear a good story here.

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

Also tagged with PRAMO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users