Jump to content


Welcome, to Communist Russia. You'll never leave.

wg eula tos power crazed

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Knight350 #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 162
  • [USSR]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2015

So, I did some strolling through the EULA/TOS and found something... Disturbing, to say the least. 

 

First up for inspection, End User Liscense Agreement, Exhibit A, Section 1.0.4.

This article states that WarGaming.net can, at any time, for no reason, terminate or suspend your account without warning at the discretion of WarGaming.net. Pretty messed up right? Oh but it gets better.

Terms of Service, Article 13, Section 13.1.

This paragraph states that if you do happen to be permanently suspended or your account is terminated, you are disallowed to repeal said suspension/termination!

 

So what exactly does this mean in full? 

What it means is that Wargaming.net has the right to terminate our accounts for no reason at any given time and that we can't repeal our accounts being terminated. Gee this is beginning to sound like communism, isn't it? The State has all the power and the citizens have 0 say on any matter regardless of the importance. Frankly, from how I see it, Wargaming essentially still lives in the era of the USSR (No, not a pun involving my clan tag) and that as a result they're power crazed humans who think they can do what they when they want to. Kinda messed up. 

 

But now we all know why we should read EULAs and TOSs now ;)


I used to suck once. Now I'm just trying to get as good as I can.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

 


RoadKutter #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

    Polish Demolish

  • Players
  • 19451 battles
  • 2,352
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
You're really confused about the definition of communism. You should look it up after you take off your tinfoil hat there comrade.

                         

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

 

                

                                                                  


Knight350 #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:36 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 162
  • [USSR]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2015

View PostRoadKutter, on 09 June 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

You're really confused about the definition of communism. You should look it up after you take off your tinfoil hat there comrade.

 

The tinfoil hat stays but I apologize for my self confusion :p

Some could say that this particular form of control can be loosely compared to communism but upon further inspection it's a little more similar to a dictatorship. 


I used to suck once. Now I'm just trying to get as good as I can.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

 


antonysadath #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4535 battles
  • 373
  • [_EXP_]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
everything is owned by the government :( 

outersketcher #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9849 battles
  • 1,616
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016

I don't know who originated the "Cows Analogy to Political Idealism"... but I've improved on it a bit. Hope it makes you laugh. Irregardless to what "ism" you may belong. 
Nevermind!.. I thought this might be funny..but on second thought.. politics is ALWAYS insulting to someone.. and I dont want to get spanked..

So.. umm.. TANKS are cool!. 

 

slips out the back door and runs for the hills

 


Edited by outersketcher, 09 June 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Don't be seen. Don't get hit. Choose your shots carefully. And be PATIENT! You have 7 minutes for crying out loud!
Oh.. and don't get hit.  Did I mention "Don't get hit?"... Yah.. don't get hit.

(For someone with a signature like this.. I sure get a lot of "Steel Wall" medals. Ugh.)


Knight350 #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 162
  • [USSR]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2015

View Postoutersketcher, on 09 June 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

 

xD

Pretty much true and it's kinda sad that the world works that way but hey who gives a crap, we have plenty of cows to share.


Edited by Mezurashi, 12 June 2017 - 10:37 AM.

I used to suck once. Now I'm just trying to get as good as I can.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

 


Ookla_the_Mok #7 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

    Team Brisket

  • Players
  • 20794 battles
  • 3,996
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2014
Boilerplate is boilerplate.


Kiser_Sosei #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 19847 battles
  • 874
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

Workers unite!

 

And you can still get a refund. So theres that. 


"Die In A Useful Spot"
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3674 battles
  • 498
  • [A-R-C]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View PostKnight350, on 09 June 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

So, I did some strolling through the EULA/TOS and found something... Disturbing, to say the least. 

 

First up for inspection, End User Liscense Agreement, Exhibit A, Section 1.0.4.

This article states that WarGaming.net can, at any time, for no reason, terminate or suspend your account without warning at the discretion of WarGaming.net. Pretty messed up right? Oh but it gets better.

Terms of Service, Article 13, Section 13.1.

This paragraph states that if you do happen to be permanently suspended or your account is terminated, you are disallowed to repeal said suspension/termination!

 

So what exactly does this mean in full? 

What it means is that Wargaming.net has the right to terminate our accounts for no reason at any given time and that we can't repeal our accounts being terminated. Gee this is beginning to sound like communism, isn't it? The State has all the power and the citizens have 0 say on any matter regardless of the importance. Frankly, from how I see it, Wargaming essentially still lives in the era of the USSR (No, not a pun involving my clan tag) and that as a result they're power crazed humans who think they can do what they when they want to. Kinda messed up. 

 

But now we all know why we should read EULAs and TOSs now ;)

 

WHAT?

591e57f389444019235133.gif NEVER CLAIMED TO BE GOOD!   Fav tanks:M103,Easy 8 Type 62 E-25 Black Prince

 Kantai Collection:Kancolle episodes Space Battleship Yamato 2199 episodes

 Girls und Panzer episodes Girls und Panzer der Film

 High School Fleet episodes 

                                  Arpeggio of Blue Steel episodes


Rivervally_Tom #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7399 battles
  • 313
  • [101A]
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
That is the best version of the cows analogy I've ever read. Well done sir. 

 

 


NateDawg2k16 #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

    All Hail Dogface, The Great One

  • Players
  • 7570 battles
  • 1,832
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016

View PostRoadKutter, on 09 June 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

You're really confused about the definition of communism. You should look it up after you take off your tinfoil hat there comrade.

 

I looked it up, and it came up with vodka as the definition 

 

Is this right?


"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

"Never hold in your farts.  They travel up your spine into your brain, and that's where all the crappy ideas come from."

- Boris

I BEAT THE NUMBER EIGHT CHAFEE PLAYER WHEN THEY WERENT NUMBER 8


FitzhughGoode #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 60008 battles
  • 204
  • [FUXII]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Komrad Knight350

I believe you've confused WG with Hotel Kalifornia. [Kali]



outersketcher #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9849 battles
  • 1,616
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016

View PostRivervally_Tom, on 09 June 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

That is the best version of the cows analogy I've ever read. Well done sir. 

 

- grins -

Don't be seen. Don't get hit. Choose your shots carefully. And be PATIENT! You have 7 minutes for crying out loud!
Oh.. and don't get hit.  Did I mention "Don't get hit?"... Yah.. don't get hit.

(For someone with a signature like this.. I sure get a lot of "Steel Wall" medals. Ugh.)


Knight350 #14 Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 162
  • [USSR]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2015

View PostLord_Voldemort_, on 09 June 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

 

WHAT?

 

Summary of post is that WG can ban us whenever they want for no reason and if we do we can't ask for an appeal because they remove our rights to customer service and even if we did circumvent le ban they would toss the Appeal Notice down to toilet because they'd say "We banned and terminated ur acct deal with it boi"

Edited by Knight350, 10 June 2017 - 12:01 AM.

I used to suck once. Now I'm just trying to get as good as I can.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

 


CabbageMechanic #15 Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:05 AM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 337 battles
  • 126
  • [WGA]
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

For the record, the section quoted in the EULA is essentially an industry standard.  You can find nearly identical clauses in the EULAs of US-based companies like Blizzard , Valve , and EA .  Speaking as someone who has processed thousands of Rules Violations, we go well out of our way to avoid exercising it because overuse of it is not in the best interests of our players or our games.  It is unfortunate but necessary legalese in use by pretty much every company that offers games on an online platform.
 

Also, Wargaming is from Belarus.


Edited by CabbageMechanic, 10 June 2017 - 01:07 AM.

1zpjqpv.gif

    Please read the WoT Blitz Game and Forum rules.

    Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

    Find us on Facebook & Twitter!


Knight350 #16 Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:28 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10201 battles
  • 162
  • [USSR]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2015

View PostCabbageMechanic, on 09 June 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

For the record, the section quoted in the EULA is essentially an industry standard.  You can find nearly identical clauses in the EULAs of US-based companies like Blizzard , Valve , and EA .  Speaking as someone who has processed thousands of Rules Violations, we go well out of our way to avoid exercising it because overuse of it is not in the best interests of our players or our games.  It is unfortunate but necessary legalese in use by pretty much every company that offers games on an online platform.
 

Also, Wargaming is from Belarus.

Tanks for that bit of clarification CM. Still gonna keep my tinfoil hat on but maybe not quite so tight now. 

Also, according to Google Earth, Belarus is on the Russian border so by technicality and through national diversity it's essentially Russian :p

 

EDIT: On an off note, what do you guys mean when you smack someone with the "Extreme EULA/TOS violations" banhammer? Just curious cuz the only way I can look at it and see "Extreme" is basically violating every single Rule and Regulation the game has in one single go. 


Edited by Knight350, 10 June 2017 - 02:35 AM.

I used to suck once. Now I'm just trying to get as good as I can.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

 


redmanm #17 Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

    Vader's Fist

  • Players
  • 15432 battles
  • 225
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    03-04-2014

View PostKnight350, on 09 June 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Also, according to Google Earth, Belarus is on the Russian border so by technicality and through national diversity it's essentially Russian

Belarus used to be apart of the USSR

 



BorisBaddenov #18 Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 16631 battles
  • 3,992
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostKnight350, on 09 June 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Tanks for that bit of clarification CM. Still gonna keep my tinfoil hat on but maybe not quite so tight now. 

Also, according to Google Earth, Belarus is on the Russian border so by technicality and through national diversity it's essentially Russian :p

 

EDIT: On an off note, what do you guys mean when you smack someone with the "Extreme EULA/TOS violations" banhammer? Just curious cuz the only way I can look at it and see "Extreme" is basically violating every single Rule and Regulation the game has in one single go. 

 

Hey Knight -

 

Do me a favor.  Go tell someone from Belarus they are "essentially Russian" -- and then let me know how long they allow you to remain standing?

 

Thanks -

Boris


Last Battle Played at 12:31 on  May 2nd, 2017 

 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


Silver_Lions #19 Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Illegitimi non Carborundum

  • Players
  • 11400 battles
  • 737
  • [GHOST]
  • Member since:
    11-22-2014

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 12 June 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

 

Hey Knight -

 

Do me a favor.  Go tell someone from Belarus they are "essentially Russian" -- and then let me know how long they allow you to remain standing?

 

Thanks -

Boris

 

Well Boris,  I had a full year intern, he was from Belarus, working on becoming a US Citizen.   From my conversations with him,  Belarussians consider themselves the true Russians, Stalin is still a God, all others were wannabes.  I grew up in NE Philly, very large influx of Russian starting in the mid 1970's.  There was no love lost between them and anyone from the Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and on and on.....

BorisBaddenov #20 Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 16631 battles
  • 3,992
  • [ST2RM]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostSilver_Lions, on 12 June 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

 

Well Boris,  I had a full year intern, he was from Belarus, working on becoming a US Citizen.   From my conversations with him,  Belarussians consider themselves the true Russians, Stalin is still a God, all others were wannabes.  I grew up in NE Philly, very large influx of Russian starting in the mid 1970's.  There was no love lost between them and anyone from the Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, and on and on.....

 

Different experiences then.

 

Peace-

Boris


Last Battle Played at 12:31 on  May 2nd, 2017 

 

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users