Update 3.8 Update 3.9 Google Play

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GenericMIKE #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

The Most Generic Tanker in Blitz

• Players
  • 26297 battles
  • [COFFY]

So remember how upset people were about Update 3.8 and 3.9 that they started giving Wargaming terrible ratings on Amazon and Google Play but then someone (acrisis I think) noticed that all those negative reviews started disappearing?

Well Google will soon be cracking down on this method used by numerous companies not just Wargaming. Information credits to Android Authority.

You can visit Blitz Guru for current news, updates, map guides, tank guides and more!

awesomeplayer9690 #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24475 battles
  • [NORTH]
The bad ratings just solved itself with time

"The greatest gift is time. Giving time is giving away part of your life that you'll never get back." - Anonymous

"Can't get ammo-racked if I bring no ammo"

[HOW TO] Stat Signature |

reluctanttheist #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25671 battles
  • [III-H]

Sure you know better than this... Negative reviews can't be deleted by an app developer.  Astroturfing is another way to get smacked down by Google or Apple too, so I utterly doubt WG is paying someone to put in bogus positive app reviews (which would surprise me since WG knows that it's pointless).

It's up to forum users to let the downloaders know how the game has changed, and they have to do it for every release.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

tedg5 #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 50358 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Hey, blitz is all the way back up to 3 stars, if your nutz still hurt from 3.8 post a neg review. :amazed:

NICKEL_AND_DIME #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]
Also remember a new update seems to do some sort of reset on the ratings.

Kapri25_1 #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2320 battles

Wargaming has already stated and restated that they would not censor someone (or place a dmca complaint) to those that give reviews that doesn't praise their games. Especially after the SirFoch incident. That being said, this game model that they have going on is not fully pay to win but pay to have a chance to win. Taking away equipment from tankers and making people grind for it...just downright stupid to do. But hey! If you pay us for gold you can get your equipment back! The second part of that is most of that equipment is dueled together and if you wanted both then you're screwed because you can only have one or the other. To top that off, certain equipment doesn't really go on certain tanks...so just a waste of space on my tank but I have to unlock it just to get to the next tier equipment line that does have something I could make some use of.  Everyone seems to use gold rounds now as well...god knows that side scraping has become irrelevant these days. And they made them cheaper! As much as I love this game (not to good at it but when I boss I friggin boss!) This game is getting much more frustrating and others apparently think so to.

Edited by Kapri25_1, 13 June 2017 - 12:54 PM.

jkwon126 #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39681 battles
  • [HUCK]

Reviews like THIS are hard to explain:

Also, this.

First step is contacting the developer and removing reviews.

There's multiple back and forth before there is any consideration for an app removal, let alone developer account shutdown.

There is a lot of opportunities for review abuse without worrying about app removal.

Edited by jkwon126, 13 June 2017 - 01:10 PM.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

Do not hold the symbol in higher regard than the freedom it represents. -DaBombV

_SuicideKing_ #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8083 battles
  • [OGRE]

I always find it amusing, how mob logic protests, riots, boycotts, bad reviews, etc.; ultimately do more harm to the protesters than those they're protesting against.

I can't wait for the future posts, where these same people advocating spamming negative reviews, will start complaining about long queue wait times, because of low server populations. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users