T23e3 in need of some changes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: T23e3 in need of some changes (11 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Does the t23e3 need a buff?

1. yes (8 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. No (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

How would you like to see the t23e3 buffed?

1. Mobility (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Armor (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. DPM (2 votes [8.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

4. Penetration (5 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

5. Gun handling (4 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Vote Hide poll

tnkbtlzrfun #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5192 battles

I have this tank, and I am coming up on 300 battles in it.  I really like the tank, but you rarely ever see it in battle, and for good reason. Other tier 7 meds, particularly the Comet, and the Chi Ri are better in almost every way. The DPM is the same, but the Comet has better armor and gun depression, and the Chi Ri gets the option to mount an autoloader, as well as better gun depression. other tier 7 medium tanks fall behind on DPM, but have better armor. This tank does have the advantage of being a premium tank, so it is at least good at making credits, and that is why I drive it.

My suggestion to up sales of the t23e3 is to give people a good reason to drive it, without making it overpowered, and I think the best way to do that would be to make the HP/weight ratio better, and buff the penetration of its AP rounds slightly. This tank took a hit post 3.9, because it relied on APCR to pen some tier 8 heavies reliably, and it's superior DPM to take them out. Now that DPM advantage is taken away, and an already weak tank becomes underpowered. Unlike some people, I actually like the ammunition changes in 3.9, but I think the t23e3 is one of those tanks that went from meh to kinda underpowered because of it.

Edited by tnkbtlzrfun, 16 June 2017 - 03:22 AM.

woof_defender #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

⚔️Fallen Guardian⚔️

• Players
  • 32801 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I think all the tank needs is a proper gun mantelet. I pen it all the time by accident in my fury. Maybe a touch more on penetration, but otherwise, it's not to bad. 

“One day you will leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember” ~Avicii~

Augustus_Sohn #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:35 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13356 battles
  • [III-H]

Having played PC a lot this last month, tanks like the 23e3 make even less sense here. The whole lack of actual crew training in Blitz makes premiums only worth buying for two reasons: credit making or OP playability. Otherwise, since one isn't training crews rapidly in a premium to be used on another tank, there seems to be no point outside what I have already listed. 

Tanks like this one have really become "meh" outside their initial gimmick phase. Remember the UFO thing with the 23e3? Once that was done this poor tank lost any relevance. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

avitank2 #4 Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

Private

• Players
  • 905 battles

85mm of gun mantlet gets ez pen the gun is meh 3,6 sec of reload bad pen armor none,the pen in this tank sucks,mobilty is meh 

my experience in this tank tier 6 medium tank t34 85>t23e3 tier 7 medium tank

RonaldusMaximus_ #5 Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4647 battles
  • [KALKI]
It does have better traction than any medium in the game, better than most lights in fact. Road 176/ Ground 151/ water 96. Which means this tank can go through water almost as well as most tanks go on roads. Gotta play to the strengths and not just compare pen, dpm or armor. Its a good little tank and is an example of what premium tanks should be. Not OP, but a mediocre medium that grinds credits. Too many people have been spoiled by this OP premium meta that WG keeps pushing.

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23566 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Posttnkbtlzrfun, on 15 June 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

I have this tank, and I am coming up on 300 battles in it.  I really like the tank, but you rarely ever see it in battle, and for good reason. Other tier 7 meds, particularly the Comet, and the Chi Ri are better in almost every way. The DPM is the same, but the Comet has better armor and gun depression, and the Chi Ri gets the option to mount an autoloader, as well as better gun depression. other tier 7 medium tanks fall behind on DPM, but have better armor. This tank does have the advantage of being a premium tank, so it is at least good at making credits, and that is why I drive it.

My suggestion to up sales of the t23e3 is to give people a good reason to drive it, without making it overpowered, and I think the best way to do that would be to make the HP/weight ratio better, and buff the penetration of its AP rounds slightly. This tank took a hit post 3.9, because it relied on APCR to pen some tier 8 heavies reliably, and it's superior DPM to take them out. Now that DPM advantage is taken away, and an already weak tank becomes underpowered. Unlike some people, I actually like the ammunition changes in 3.9, but I think the t23e3 is one of those tanks that went from meh to kinda underpowered because of it.

Your poll is flawed.  I cannot select "no" to the first question - without then selecting what buff I want?

Bad poll is bad.

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4647 battles
  • [KALKI]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 22 May 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Your poll is flawed.  I cannot select "no" to the first question - without then selecting what buff I want?

Bad poll is bad.

Boris

It is a two year old poll... Zombie poll 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users