Jump to content


Rework spawning of slow tanks

Terrible Spawning System

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

RH_131 #1 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

    Maus Master

  • Players
  • 33902 battles
  • 1,493
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

This is quite possibly one of the worst balanced things in the game. I spawn in a Jgpz on winter malinovka, and without being able to reach the small hill before the corridor, I get spotted by a 140 and leopard pta that have already managed to flank around the lakeshore and simultaneously shot at by both of them and 2 TDs camping in their spawn. This terrible inbalance between fast mediums and slow tank destroyers should be removed immediately. There is no reason why I should be killed without being able to fire a shot because my tank isn't fast enough to get into a workable position. Move the spawn points for slow tanks closer to actual cover so I don't have to rely on Wargaming's amazing RNG to dictate whether I'll make it to cover before being spotted.

 

Also buff the Trashpanzer so when I get a stupid anniversary I can actually enjoy a game in it


 
 
#1 Maus Damage Record Holder
 
"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)
 
Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

reluctanttheist #2 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 27871 battles
  • 6,156
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
Well if you were driving your Maus you'd have no reason to rage ;)

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


RH_131 #3 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:10 AM

    Maus Master

  • Players
  • 33902 battles
  • 1,493
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
I've changed my mind, new thread topic is explaining how a 170mm AP round with 300mm of pen cannot pen the flat cheek of a Maus or the cupola of a T110E4. Also the option to remove a tank's anniversary 

Edited by RH_131, 18 June 2017 - 05:10 AM.

 
 
#1 Maus Damage Record Holder
 
"We just lost to 2 tanks that shouldn't even be considered for clan wars"-Anonymous after being defeated by the PNCR Maus tank division.   (2015 PNCR, not 3-0 Mobile Masters PNCR, we were actually good)
 
Tanks left to get: WZ 120, WZ 121, WZ 111 1-4, WZ 113
Tanks I own: STB-1, Jg. Pz. E-100, FV215b 183, FV 4202, T-62A, IS-7, Obj 263, Foch 155, B-C 25t, WZ 110, T-34-2
Tanks I own(and like): E-50 M, E-100, Maus, Leopard 1, Grille 15, Obj 140, IS-4, Obj 268, T110E5, T110E4, T110E3, T57 Heavy, M48 Patton, AMX 50b, FV215b, E75, Jagdtiger, IS-3D, T34 Independence, Tiger II, Jagdtiger 88, Van Helsing, LTP, KV2, Kuro, Hetzer SP, and Pz 4 Anko
Favorite Tank: M4A3E8 FURY
          I have a YouTube channel, if you enjoy 1 video every year press the subscribe button

r4zrbl4de #4 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

    Camo Fetish

  • Players
  • 14304 battles
  • 2,632
  • [ATLS]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View PostRH_131, on 17 June 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

I've changed my mind, new thread topic is explaining how a 170mm AP round with 300mm of pen cannot pen the flat cheek of a Maus or the cupola of a T110E4. Also the option to remove a tank's anniversary 

 

I swear Maus cheeks are the weakest things when you're driving them but some of the most troll armor you'll see when you fight against them

 

 

 


tedg5 #5 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 57724 battles
  • 5,957
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Agree on the spawn locations versus tank. I think tanks below a certain speed should be locked from certain spawn sites. That is rage inducing to be spawned closest to the lake in winter mal in a 95, tortoise, jgpz etc. there are other fun examples but you get the idea. Of course it is even more interesting when you drop into the game late due to lag, and your in that situation. :angry:

_warL0rd_ #6 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45151 battles
  • 552
  • [FOE]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2014

when i drove my proto and I spawned in the bottom corner of the lost temple map, I wouldnt even bother driving up to the temple. I would just turn and wait for the mediums to come yoloing up over the hills.

 

 

then i reck them one by one.

 

I say this to say that if you have a very slow tank, you have to plan wayy ahead and anticipate where you will be attacked from instead of trying to drive to the front lines.



tedg5 #7 Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

    Tater salad

  • Players
  • 57724 battles
  • 5,957
  • [AGOGO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_warL0rd_, on 18 June 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

when i drove my proto and I spawned in the bottom corner of the lost temple map, I wouldnt even bother driving up to the temple. I would just turn and wait for the mediums to come yoloing up over the hills.

 

 

then i reck them one by one.

 

I say this to say that if you have a very slow tank, you have to plan wayy ahead and anticipate where you will be attacked from instead of trying to drive to the front lines.

Then Meds must truley be noobs, because multiple Meds should swarm you/ cod you with you getting 2 shots off max. :playing:



Gitgudm9 #8 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15399 battles
  • 3,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2015
I honestly think the spawns for heavies/TDs and mediums/lights should be reversed. That way, heavies actually have a chance to get to the hill or whatever without getting left miles behind and isolated.

"Anime girls were made to be lewded." - Klaus_Klavier

 


Dark_Magician_Girl #9 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:47 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 43827 battles
  • 5,341
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

Or we could just buff the heck out of the JG100 to make it competitive.  For some reason a turreted TD exists that has more mobility, does more damage, and has a turret and then there is the Jag.

 

Jag needs a buff period.


STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 40 unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 5 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


_warL0rd_ #10 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45151 battles
  • 552
  • [FOE]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2014

View Posttedg5, on 18 June 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Then Meds must truley be noobs, because multiple Meds should swarm you/ cod you with you getting 2 shots off max. :playing:

 

yes I have had games like that believe it or not, but to my teams credit, they gave me some support fire from the temple too, so they were trying to rush me but got pinned down.

M00niac #11 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46099 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

Just kill them.  They can't track you due to new equipment and your new equipment traverses you faster than they can circle you. Unless your team ran off without you, you should be fine. Since you spawned with meds, I'm guessing your team wasn't all that fast. 



Dark_Magician_Girl #12 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 43827 battles
  • 5,341
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostM00niac, on 18 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

Just kill them.  They can't track you due to new equipment and your new equipment traverses you faster than they can circle you. Unless your team ran off without you, you should be fine. Since you spawned with meds, I'm guessing your team wasn't all that fast. 

 

Or there were 5-6 heavy tanks.  TD's are usually spawned near mediums.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 40 unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 5 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


M00niac #13 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46099 battles
  • 623
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014

The heavies were so much faster than him?

 

look, I feel the guy's pain, but there is nothing to fix here because it's already been fixed on accident. Circle of Death is now mostly a useless tactic. Pick the right equipment and you can pretty much keep up. If there is terrain to use, you can simply stop it. 



tcamp48 #14 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Artista pazzo

  • Players
  • 76374 battles
  • 4,576
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostRH_131, on 17 June 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

This is quite possibly one of the worst balanced things in the game. I spawn in a Jgpz on winter malinovka, and without being able to reach the small hill before the corridor, I get spotted by a 140 and leopard pta that have already managed to flank around the lakeshore and simultaneously shot at by both of them and 2 TDs camping in their spawn. This terrible inbalance between fast mediums and slow tank destroyers should be removed immediately. There is no reason why I should be killed without being able to fire a shot because my tank isn't fast enough to get into a workable position. Move the spawn points for slow tanks closer to actual cover so I don't have to rely on Wargaming's amazing RNG to dictate whether I'll make it to cover before being spotted.

 

Also buff the Trashpanzer so when I get a stupid anniversary I can actually enjoy a game in it

 

Completely Agree!!! 

Every time I spawn on Dead Rail in my Tankenstein, I'm always on the far side of the hills, across the rails. Usually everyone goes up and I'm left trailing behind jamming my thumb into the engine boost. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my @$$ shot off from a Drac or a pesky IS3-D etc....when I'm trying to get to safety across the rails. This also used to be the case on the old Desert Sands map, when my Matilda would always and I mean always spawn alone in the desert. Ugh.


 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!


Dark_Magician_Girl #15 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 43827 battles
  • 5,341
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostM00niac, on 18 June 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

The heavies were so much faster than him?

 

look, I feel the guy's pain, but there is nothing to fix here because it's already been fixed on accident. Circle of Death is now mostly a useless tactic. Pick the right equipment and you can pretty much keep up. If there is terrain to use, you can simply stop it. 

 

You cannot keep up with a 140 (or any med) circle in a JagE100..  The only turret-less TD's you can effectively do that in is the 263 and maybe the 268.

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 18 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 49 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 40 unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 5 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


tcamp48 #16 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

    Artista pazzo

  • Players
  • 76374 battles
  • 4,576
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Post_warL0rd_, on 18 June 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

when i drove my proto and I spawned in the bottom corner of the lost temple map, I wouldnt even bother driving up to the temple. I would just turn and wait for the mediums to come yoloing up over the hills.

 

 

then i reck them one by one.

 

I say this to say that if you have a very slow tank, you have to plan wayy ahead and anticipate where you will be attacked from instead of trying to drive to the front lines.

 

This is a good thing to keep in mind. Very often, I'll say F-it, and me and Frankentank will turn our gun towards the slopes where inevitably the faster meds or lights will show up much of the time. Not the safest thing to do, but when no other tanks will go your way or at least try to push you or cover your backside, it's better than nothing to point the big alpha guns to where you know the reds will show up. See how much damage you can do and see how many you can take out before they flank and take bites out of your main group.

Edited by tcamp48, 18 June 2017 - 05:17 PM.

 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!


MarBearCat #17 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22553 battles
  • 12,355
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Posttcamp48, on 18 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

Completely Agree!!! 

Every time I spawn on Dead Rail in my Tankenstein, I'm always on the far side of the hills, across the rails. Usually everyone goes up and I'm left trailing behind jamming my thumb into the engine boost. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my @$$ shot off from a Drac or a pesky IS3-D etc....when I'm trying to get to safety across the rails. This also used to be the case on the old Desert Sands map, when my Matilda would always and I mean always spawn alone in the desert. Ugh.

 

I've said it from day one of the new Dead Rail. Heavy's get spawned in a baaaaaad area, especially really slow ones.

 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


noobest_noob #18 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11 battles
  • 462
  • Member since:
    09-26-2016

blitz producer is a TD hater

they nerf TD so many times, whatever map design & firepower

 



noobest_noob #19 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:26 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11 battles
  • 462
  • Member since:
    09-26-2016
Tier7 more horrible, T6 Dracula / LTTB / T71
after 20sec you spotted

BootlegTampico #20 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:55 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 22672 battles
  • 4,749
  • [-OHM-]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postnoobest_noob, on 18 June 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

blitz producer is a TD hater

they nerf TD so many times, whatever map design & firepower

 

I see you don't play the game.


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 






Also tagged with Terrible, Spawning, System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users