• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

limejello99 #1 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6405 battles
  • [TAUNT]

Hi tankers. 

I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Tab Pro S, and I am wondering if the WOTB will run smoothly on it with maximum graphics configuration. 

I currently run WOTB on my Samsung Ativ SmartPC Pro 700t (Yes, I am a huge fan of windows tablet/ 1 in 2s) and it maintains 30 FPS+ with all the maximum graphics setting. Here is the specs of it(Ativ 700t):

11.6in. 1920*1080 screen

Core i5 3317u 1.7ghz Dual Core CPU 

intel hd4000 (integrated GPU)

4gb ram

128gb ssd 

This is the specs of the model I am thinking of getting(Galaxy Tab Pro S):

12 in. 2160*1440 screen

Core M3 6Y30 2.2ghz Dual Core CPU

intel hd 515 (integrated GPU)

4gb ram

128gb ssd

So the specs of the two are identical except for the CPU and GPU. The m3 6y30 is a newer cpu, but I think it is less powerful than the i5 3317u in my current device, with less powerful integrated GPU. The question is: will the galaxy tab pro s(m3 6y30) still have enough power to run WOTB with maximum graphics setting in 30 FPS? If not, what would be the graphics setting for it  to run the game in 30 FPS?

olddatsunfan #2 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27914 battles
  • [-CFR-]
I've tried blitz on my Dell Venue Pro 11 and I quickly reverted back to my old Acer Android tablet a year or so ago.  I've since replaced the Acer with an Nividia Shield which I will be replacing with an Ipad 2017 shortly.  I didn't enjoy blitz under windows for some reason.

Edited by olddatsunfan, 18 June 2017 - 06:17 PM.

DeadlyAZNS #3 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3365 battles
  • [PURPL]

If you're going to fork out $600 for the Tab Pro S, you might as well just get yourself a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Refurbished.

A Manufacturer Refurbished is pretty much a new device. New shell, screen, inside, and everything. It's just that the product or "item" was in someone else's hand and either returned or replaced. The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (i7 512 Gb, 8Gb Ram) will be a MUCH better device to the Samsung's 12" Pro S tablet. Both are Windows 10, much the Surface Pro will be sharper, quicker, and more open what you can imagine with the Tab Pro S. 

If I were you, I'd look into the Surface Pro 3. I have the link here:

https://www.microsof...D3B8WZSVKX/H073

It's a really great device and I would've switched my iPad Air 2 for it if it came out when I was buying my tablet. On the plus side, you can definitely play:

-Almost all PC games without trouble including:

*World of Tanks PC

*World of Tanks Blitz

*World of Warships/Warplanes

*World of warcraft

*LOL

*and pretty much any other game you can think of (Starcraft/Starcraft 2)

It has Word, Excel, Office, and pretty much everything you need, USB slots, and more.

Edited by ProdigyWiz, 18 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#BringBack[KRIEG]

RoadKutter #4 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 21466 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostProdigyWiz, on 18 June 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

If you're going to fork out $600 for the Tab Pro S, you might as well just get yourself a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Refurbished.

A Manufacturer Refurbished is pretty much a new device. New shell, screen, inside, and everything. It's just that the product or "item" was in someone else's hand and either returned or replaced. The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (i7 512 Gb, 8Gb Ram) will be a MUCH better device to the Samsung's 12" Pro S tablet. Both are Windows 10, much the Surface Pro will be sharper, quicker, and more open what you can imagine with the Tab Pro S. 

It's a really great device and I would've switched my iPad Air 2 for it if it came out when I was buying my tablet. On the plus side, you can definitely play:

*World of Tanks PC

*World of Tanks Blitz

*World of warcraft

*LOL

It has Word, Excel, Office, and pretty much everything you need, USB slots, and more.

you can really play wot PC on that tablet? Mind blown!

If you give a man fire, he will be warm for a day. If you light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

DeadlyAZNS #5 Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3365 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostRoadKutter, on 18 June 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

you can really play wot PC on that tablet? Mind blown!

Um, of course you can. It has Windows 10, plenty of Ram, good graphics, and a damn good processor. 

#BringBack[KRIEG]

limejello99 #6 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6405 battles
  • [TAUNT]

View PostProdigyWiz, on 18 June 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

*World of Tanks PC

*World of Tanks Blitz

*World of warcraft

*LOL

Thanks so much for the advice! Luckily, my sister had a surface pro 3, so I tried it but I did not like it. It was too big and bulky. It is very powerful, but I dont need all that power because the only game I play on the windows tablet is WOTB. I have another laptop to play WOT. I would gladly trade the extra power that I wont use for the smaller form factor. Galaxy tab pro s is ridiculously thin and light. And also I can get the refurbished one for only $400 on ebay or amazon. So I think I will get it if it can run WOTB well, which is the only game I would play on the tablet. And most importantly, I cannot spend $600. Because money... :(

Edited by limejello99, 19 June 2017 - 12:28 AM.

Ookla_the_Mok #7 Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 21737 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Why are you focused on 30 FPS instead of 60? I play on the newest Galaxy tab non-Pro and run 60FPS, which is far more helpful in gameplay that high-end graphics. I keep grass and a few settings turned down as I like the look better this way, so YMMV depending on your actual goal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users