AT 15 T28 Prototype WR Stock

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AW1228 #1 Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11081 battles
  • [CLUBS]

So I'd like to take advantage of the 15% credit discount on Tiers XIII-X tanks, and the only two that I've unlocked with XP right now are the AT 15 and T28 Prototype (so the really sad and slow baddies).

I don't know why I bothered to go up their tech trees anymore, I've moved on to meds and I suck at TDs.

Considering my current play style and stock modules (I just used up all my Free XP on the Borsig), which is a better choice?  Which is worth the grind?  The crappy American or the crappy British?

I'd probably won't even play them for a while; I just got 55% winrate and I don't want to lose that.

Thanks for your inputs!

Current Record Holder for Most Damage in a Tiger II Tank

Paradox_Donut #2 Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Russian Sealclubber

• Players
  • 34748 battles
  • [MOD42]

View PostAW1228, on 23 June 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

So I'd like to take advantage of the 15% credit discount on Tiers XIII-X tanks, and the only two that I've unlocked with XP right now are the AT 15 and T28 Prototype (so the really sad and slow baddies).

I don't know why I bothered to go up their tech trees anymore, I've moved on to meds and I suck at TDs.

Considering my current play style and stock modules (I just used up all my Free XP on the Borsig), which is a better choice?  Which is worth the grind?  The crappy American or the crappy British?

I'd probably won't even play them for a while; I just got 55% winrate and I don't want to lose that.

Thanks for your inputs!

At 15 atleast is playable. Proto sucks

/img

I   hAvE nO iDeA wHaT i'M dOiNg

_Altria #3 Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

saber best girl

• Players
  • 17655 battles
  • [DOGZ]
AT 15

madogthefirst #4 Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 238 battles
I don't know how it is here but I would go Proto because turret.

PC Master Race

hydra1415 #5 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20006 battles
  • [NUTHS]
The AT15 is actually fairly playable since the medium nerfs, with its amazing gun arc, pen, and rate of fire. I've found it to be a decent counter to IS spam, and will burn through anything you set in front of it with reasonable speed. The best tactic is to find a nice corner (think something like Himmelsdorf). You can then abuse your insane gun arc to hide a decent amount of your tank and angle up the rest of it while continually putting in ~200 alpha every 3 seconds or so. If you know where to use and abuse it, it becomes a bit of a beast, even with it's slow traverse speed and low speed cap. 

Dufos #6 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

slow Löwe bro

• Players
  • 26591 battles
I went with t28 proto...and deeply regret it. Don't fall for it like I did. Stock is a killer. 

_Duncan_Idaho_ #7 Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41360 battles
  • [DUNE_]

Proto is a tank I was expecting to hate and I only got it to get through to the T30. I ended up loving the Proto and the T30 and the E4. I also went up the AT15 line to the 183. I didn't like the AT15 as much but I did like the Tortoise and the 183 is a bit of a unique experience in the game.

The weak spots on the AT15 are easier to hit, but the sides of the 28Proto are weaker. With either tank, keep your distance. I actually came out on top in a couple of brawls with the Proto . . . I have played over 200 tanks and my 2nd highest win rate is in the 28Proto. I don't know why, i just couldn't lose in that tank. I played it a while back before all the changes. The loss of the old equipment has changed a lot of the tanks and I don't know how it would effect those two, but it is worth asking around for someone who is playing them post 3.8.

yossarian14 #8 Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31605 battles
  • [MAD]
Depends on what you feel comfortable with. I didn't mind either one of them. The Proto has a turret which gives it a bit more flexibility and better chance to pull a fight out of the fire. I loved the 15 though. The top gun 20 pdr is beastly. Good pen and great rof. It needs to be played as a straight TD though because of a hull mounted weapon. If you don't mind TD play, the 15 is the better option. If you struggle with standard TDs, take the proto.

Baranov #9 Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30179 battles
  • [TWW]

Have to disagree w/ the T28 nay-sayers. I am not what you'd consider a stats. player but have it at 54% easy. The armor is effective and often bounces, the reload is as fast as a med. tank, and the punch using regular ammo. is as effective as any turreted AT. The speed isn't great, but at VIII the heavies are slow anyway.

To me this is THE truly undiscovered tank in the game.  

B.

_CH3F #10 Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61318 battles
I have both and love the proto. I maxed out he gun, tracks and engine befor 1st game and I absolutly love it. 

mikicab #11 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32544 battles
  • [MOMGA]

I have both.  AT 15 slow, has weak points in armor and can be penned by someone who knows what they are doing. Play it as a support tank and use the gun to track other tanks, hold the line, support fire etc.  Fun tank but you will often die alone surrounded by 5 red tanks while your team mates blame you for the loss. 

T28 slow. Slow traverse should be called the "Sloth" You will get COD by a Snail or old man with a limp and a cane. Top speed 19kpm and that is if your on flat even ground. Going up hill your in single digits. You cannot plate peakaboo because you are too slow to shot and pull back. Until you get the top tier gun you will be hating this tank.  I mean hating it.  Once you get the top gun it makes all the difference in the world. Turret is ok but can be penned straight on by some tanks.  Hull is weak like most USA tanks.  Hull down is how you play. You have to anticipate where you team is going to do and drive to where they will be and not follow them. You will never catch up. You will often die surrounded with 5 of your closest Red Team friends while newly departed Greens call you a Newb from the grave.

If it wasn't for grinding to the T30 I wouldn't drive the T28. There are much better tanks at this tier.  If your grinding for T30 I would say go for it. If not there are better tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users