Fix wg economy spare parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

_Steel_slayer_the_reroll #1 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1386 battles

Hey forumers!

I've been thinking a lot about the state of the game, and I've thought of a few possible solutions to the ongoing problems. Tell me what you guys think, and feel free to make any additions by posting below. I hope to send this, and you guy's possible replies, to WG somehow.

First problem, the equipment. I really like WG's idea with the new equipment, but the whole spare parts idea was poorly added. Not only are spare parts insanely hard to get (you have to win to get.... wait for it.... 15 spare parts..... wooooohoooooooooo!), but grinding for missions is a chore. (More on missions later). I think to solve this problem, WG should keep the new equipment items, but make it bought for credits and remove spare parts. OR: Another possible solution would be to keep equipment items, and make them available for purchase by credits and spare parts. If you buy equipment with spare parts, no timers. If you buy equipment with credits however, you will have to wait X amount of time until the slot is available for use.

Enrichment. Liked the idea, but pricing was insanely expensive. Once again, another possibly good idea flushed down the drain by the developers. Honestly, spending 90$ on a tier 8 to make it a premium is just ridiculous. And you never know,  WG might nerf the tank that you paid 90$ for, because technically, your "enriched" tank isn't really a premium. For example, lets take a tank at tier 8 you want to enrich. WG should add up all the tier 8 premium tanks which are available for purchase in the shop (IS6, T34, Lowe, Super Pershing, etc), divide that by the number of tanks added, and BAM! There's your enrichment price. A more realistic, averaged out enrichment price for a tier 8 tank would, and SHOULD, be around 7100, not 22,000+.

Missions. Another good idea, but poorly implemented, as we have all come to expect from WG. Especially supremacy missions. If someone turns off supremacy, they shouldn't get supremacy missions. Easy fix for that one. Wake up, WG, and get with the program. Some missions also promote selfish play over team play.  "Spot and destroy an enemy" makes a tanker yolo at reds, pick out a soft target, and try to kill it quickly before his team catches up. I know, because I've seen it multiple times before, and done so myself too.

_Steel_slayer_the_reroll #2 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1386 battles

Hmm..... that's weird, it cut off the rest of my "essay".

To FIX missions, I think wg should look at mission list, analyze those that promote selfish play, and remove them, replacing them with one's that promote teamplay.

Anyways, those are my two cents in essay format. Tell me what you guys think, and I hope to forward this, somehow, to WG developers to try and fix the state of this game.

Regards,

Steel_slayer 

Rockracer #3 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10798 battles
  • [AVOID]

View Post_Steel_slayer_the_reroll, on 27 June 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Enrichment. Liked the idea, but pricing was insanely expensive. Once again, another possibly good idea flushed down the drain by the developers. Honestly, spending 90$ on a tier 8 to make it a premium is just ridiculous. And you never know,  WG might nerf the tank that you paid 90$ for, because technically, your "enriched" tank isn't really a premium. For example, lets take a tank at tier 8 you want to enrich. WG should add up all the tier 8 premium tanks which are available for purchase in the shop (IS6, T34, Lowe, Super Pershing, etc), divide that by the number of tanks added, and BAM! There's your enrichment price. A more realistic, averaged out enrichment price for a tier 8 tank would, and SHOULD, be around 7100, not 22,000+.

This would work perfectly in my point of view, but what about tier 9 and 10 that have no tech tree premiums?

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.

_Steel_slayer_the_reroll #4 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1386 battles

View PostRockracer, on 27 June 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

This would work perfectly in my point of view, but what about tier 9 and 10 that have no tech tree premiums?

I.... didn't think of that. At all. Good one. Honestly,  I didn't even know tier 9 and tier 10 tanks could be enriched, at all. If they are, then I truly have no clue. Perhaps up the pricing to say 7.5-7.7k gold? But then again, realistically, who actually plays tier X for credits? Tier X is a place to test your skill. Or at least, from what I heard from fellow clanmates, it used to be before the big heavy-TD campfest that is now tier X meta ( I don't play tier X or tier IX, so I'm not sure. Just relaying what other clan mates have said.)

tpcshadow #5 Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44540 battles
  • [SPUD]

Remove equipment and remove provisions. Nerf OP tanks (especially premiums).

fluffyteddy763 #6 Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5874 battles

View Post_Steel_slayer_the_reroll, on 27 June 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hey forumers!

I've been thinking a lot about the state of the game, and I've thought of a few possible solutions to the ongoing problems. Tell me what you guys think, and feel free to make any additions by posting below. I hope to send this, and you guy's possible replies, to WG somehow.

First problem, the equipment. I really like WG's idea with the new equipment, but the whole spare parts idea was poorly added. Not only are spare parts insanely hard to get (you have to win to get.... wait for it.... 15 spare parts..... wooooohoooooooooo!), but grinding for missions is a chore. (More on missions later). I think to solve this problem, WG should keep the new equipment items, but make it bought for credits and remove spare parts. OR: Another possible solution would be to keep equipment items, and make them available for purchase by credits and spare parts. If you buy equipment with spare parts, no timers. If you buy equipment with credits however, you will have to wait X amount of time until the slot is available for use.

Missions. Another good idea, but poorly implemented, as we have all come to expect from WG. Especially supremacy missions. If someone turns off supremacy, they shouldn't get supremacy missions. Easy fix for that one. Wake up, WG, and get with the program. Some missions also promote selfish play over team play.  "Spot and destroy an enemy" makes a tanker yolo at reds, pick out a soft target, and try to kill it quickly before his team catches up. I know, because I've seen it multiple times before, and done so myself too.

Nice post, very thoughtful. But we all know that wg being wg will never wake up and fix these problems.

I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users